[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/-places to visit in Europe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: hk.jpg (11KB, 330x244px) Image search: [Google]
hk.jpg
11KB, 330x244px
So I'm going to be in central Europe in April for two months. What are some places I should go visit? I wanted to see the H&K factory in Oberndorf, the SIG-Sauer HQ in Eckenforde, or the CZ factory in Uhersky Brod, but apparently they don't allow visitors at any of those places unless you're a big-time buyer like military or law enforcement. So what is there to do for a civilian into guns?
>>
Really? I'd have thought CZ at least would be more open to it.
>>
Panzermuseum
Kubinka
>>
File: landeszeughaus.jpg (56KB, 550x367px) Image search: [Google]
landeszeughaus.jpg
56KB, 550x367px
>>28445999
The Landeszeughaus in Graz.
>>
"Central Yurop" is a little vague, but maybe something over there is on the /k/ map that would be close to where you'll be.

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=772301#

The August von Spiess Hunting Museum sounds kind of interesting to me.

Have fun, and if you find anything awesome and /k/-related, add it to the map.
>>
File: everythingwasexpensive.jpg (68KB, 622x557px) Image search: [Google]
everythingwasexpensive.jpg
68KB, 622x557px
>>28445999
>>
File: cat intensifies.gif (253KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
cat intensifies.gif
253KB, 400x250px
>>28445999
took a guided tour through their factory. shit was SO CASH! you have to set up a specific appointment date, though. give HK an email and see if you can. (this anon faggot even got trigger time at their range with several of the newest toys) srsly. they are very accomodating. give them an email and see what you can arrange.

go to deutsches panzermuseum munster. it's awesome.

the bundeswehr militarisches museum in dresden is fucking KICKASS 12/10 2legit2quit as well.

in oberndorf A. N. is also the Mauser museum. check it out. it's open fridays.

rheinmetall is ALSO in oberndorf A.N. but there ain't nothing interdasting there.

ALSO (!) in oberndorf A.N. is the old MAUSER factory. it's not any decent, though. they make machine tools there now. no guns.

down in oberschleissheim there is an old Bavarian Air Force airfield. it has a kickass museum.

in prague you can take a Gun Tour. you go to a range and get some trigger time with various kickass weapons. prague is also beautiful. go there anyway.

there is a PHENOMENAL tank museum in the netherlands in Overloon. it's a bit out of the way but OH SO WORTH IT.
>>
In Full Switzerland there's also an awesome tank museum. Even with a King Tiger and a part of the Mowag factory collection
>>
>>28447092
and a kickass open air one in Thun. it's on one of their military bases.
>>
>>28447680
They also have a "proper" museum there with roof and shit. It's also run by the military and they have every tank there that was in active Service of the army even a Leo 2 but no CV9030
>>
>>28447698
it's a really kickassplace, and the town is fucking gorgeous as well. i loved thun.
>>
Tojhusmuseet

In Denmark. Copenhagen

Absolute fuck tons of rad medieval shit as it used to be the kings arms house so it's also a rad historic build. Tanks. Missiles. Nebelwerfer . Odd as fuck blackpowder shit i think thy have an exception right now about our involvement in Afghanistan and our load out there or something can't remember

There are free days to if I'm not mistake. And the Copenhagen navy base is not far from there. Might see Absalon if she is not out reckon somali pirates

10/10 would recommend
>>
>>28446362
>bundeswehr militarisches museum in dresden
fun fact: its architecture was designed by Daniel Libeskind
>>
There is a lot of /k/ related museums in France, like Saumur Tank Museum, or Musée de l'Armée in Paris.
>>
>>28448317
Yes, but that would also mean going to Paris.
>>
>>28445999
Make a fake email domain that sounds official and email them in advance saying you'd like to make a trip out there to visit. Make yourself out to be a big time buyer/importer (don't impersonate military there might be a law against that). Print out a fake ID card and laminate that shit, give it a nice lanyard too.

Enjoy your wine, cheese, and guns.
>>
I have family in Obendorf, the museum there is fucking amazing. Got to see one of the G11 prototypes and a bunch of other cool shit. If I remember right, the museum isn't in the factory itself but is pretty nearby
>>
Why the fuck are you going to central Europe and wanting to see a place with guns? Europe is anti-gun as fuck. Are you telling me whatever hellhole you live in is more anti-gun than Central Europe?
>>
>>28445999
This isn't a hobby for you anymore, this is a fucking cult and pic related is your temple.

You people are fucking lunatics.
>>
File: 1449117466237.jpg (473KB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
1449117466237.jpg
473KB, 2816x2112px
>>28448902
Here you go.
Also, poor b8
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 350x323px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 350x323px
>>28448902
Lurk more and ye shall learn.
>>
After reading those posts, I'm really tempted to make to make a big map of all /k/-relevant landmarks and museums across the world now.

>>28448918
Ave nex alea
Saluto nex alea
>>
>>28449008
there is SO MUCH SHIT IN EUROPE it's not even funny.
>>
>>28447680
For every one who did their service in thun this place is like hell. Can't remember how many times we runned there and crawled under those tanks....
>>
>>28449008
there already is one
https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=772301#
>>
Lots of battlefields / museums to visit.
>>
>>28449008
Fund it
>>
>>28449748
>28449748
I got chased off the post a few months ago, actually.

I went to visit on a weekend, and i didn't know it was closed on weekends (because i'm an idiot and didn't realize the museum is on an active military post). SO i wander the town with a shittily drawn map and compass trying to find the place. i come across this fence, and follow it to the buzzer gate thing. I buzz the gate and the speaker emits that swiss-germanic thing y'all speak. So, naturally, I speak my english at it and the gate opens to my surprise.

I start walking around and taking pictures of stuffs because "Hey fuck yeah TANKS!" It isn't long before this van swiftly pulls up to me and two men get out and start talking at me very forcefully. Of course I understand nothing and do the extra american thing of Smile, Nod, and Carry the fuck on anyways. One prevented me from moving in any direction other than towards the gate (he kept blocking my way whenever i tried to move), the other got back in the van and followed along. until i left the post.

fun times.
>>
Invalids museum in France fir dat 18th century
>>
File: 1449859640190.jpg (738KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1449859640190.jpg
738KB, 1600x900px
>>28445999
>>28446362

Not OP.

I sent HK an email asking for a tour in November and they replied that they do not give tours to private people.

How did you get in?
>>
>>28450164
well... i kinda showed up at their HQ randomly, and ended up meeting the head of sales.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.