[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Suppressed Blackhawk?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

File: Old_Model_Ruger_Bisley.jpg (87KB, 950x400px) Image search: [Google]
Old_Model_Ruger_Bisley.jpg
87KB, 950x400px
So here is my retarded idea /k/:
>Take a Ruger Blackhawk in .45 Colt (Bisley for ease of cocking)
>Have a gunsmith install a Nagant style cam to press the cylinder into the forcing cone
This would likely make cocking the hammer pretty heavy, but it should be easier in the Bisley style.
>thread the barrel
>used slightly recessed wadcutter .45 Colt to create the gas seal as well

Would this work? Why would it not? Is there any way it could work? Would a different revolver be more suitable? The point is to make a suppressed revolver in a somewhat decent caliber, and that is actually obtainable.
>>
You're dumb and working off ideas from that QTDDTOT thread.

You do realize that revolver doesn't even have room behind the cylinder to put a camming arm, right?
>>
>>28436941
Also cocking the hammer doesn't cam the cylinder forward, the trigger itself does
>>
File: 1302844774537.jpg (3KB, 117x126px) Image search: [Google]
1302844774537.jpg
3KB, 117x126px
>>28436948
>>
>>28436968
That anon is almost as retarded as this idea. Just get a meme .357sig gun and a silencer
>>
File: b5vqjwrjdl2tnphj491.jpg (6KB, 408x307px) Image search: [Google]
b5vqjwrjdl2tnphj491.jpg
6KB, 408x307px
Given that there's a guy out there that's taught his Blackhawk to be magazine-fed, I think this has some potential.

However, wouldn't the actual ammunition need to be shaped thusly, to maintain the seal?
>>
>>28436941
>>28436948
That was me in the last thread too m8. Also, looking at the Nagant in action, you do realize that the cylinder is pressed when you cock the hammer as well. It is all part of the same mechanism. I did not think I had to specify that the cam was not controlled by the hammer alone. I wanted a single action to eliminate the whole 20lb DA trigger problem.
I figured as much about the actual room for the camming arm, so I was wondering if there was another revolver that should be used.

I really want this idea to work guys. Other than designing a revolver from scratch, what could work?
>>
>>28436994
Thats why I was thinking a slightly recessed wadcutter. If you look at the old 7.62x38 as well, the seal is created by a slight tapering of the case as well.

I suppose, if needed, one could ream out the cylinder (Blackhawks are beefy as fuck) to take a slightly larger case with a crimped mouth and a .45 caliber bullet. However, then we would be designing a whole new cartridge along with modifying the revolver.
>>
>>28437012
Assuming there's no room in the frame itself (I don't have photographic memory of blackhawk blueprints, you could put something on the external sidewalls to do the camming,
>>
>>28437069
This is a good workaround.
>>
>>28437091
It'd be flimsy and prevent the cylinder from dropping correctly if I'm understanding the idea right
>>
>>28437091
These are the benefits of using a single-action revolver.
>>
>>28436921
Why not just suppress a 1911? Similar ballistics (subsonic .45 colt essentially being the same as .45 ACP) its gives you an extra round or two, and no need for a weird fucking nagant mechanism, just a standard gun with a slightly longer, threaded barrel
>>
>>28437099
Are you considering the left side as well?
>>
>>28437138
Because there is only one decently available suppressed revolver and it sucks shit.
>>
>>28437139
No,but I'm also trying to envision how the camming arm would sit in conjunction to the trigger and hammer links
>>
>>28437161
But it only cams when the trigger is depressed, yeah?

So it slides out of the way with the trigger reset. At least, that's the idea.
>>
Well, I could understand the gas seal for accurate shooting as the Nagant (believe or not) was the basis for Russian target pistols due to the inherent accurate nature of the gas seal. Though they needed a lot of tuning before hand, the ammunition and gas seal have great accuracy potential.
>>
>>28437161
I have no idea, but do you think it is at least possible?
>>
>>28437183
If the camming arm is based off the side of the revolver, the joint where it meets the frame is going to take the brunt of recoil and be prone to snapping, unless it's at a very low angle

If I understand correctly you're talking about a small arm that pushes out from the sideplate when the hammer is cocked, right?

I'm about to load up my tablet and draw this damn thing now
>>
>>28437220
>I'm about to load up my tablet and draw this damn thing now

Please do. This thread has potential.
>>
>>28436921
>So here is my retarded idea /k/

And on this day OP delivered.
>>
>>28437220
What about a grooved cylinder? Almost like a Webley or something, but with positions that place the cylinder against the forcing cone?

For it to work, the cylinder would always be locked against the forcing cone, except when moving.
>>
>>28437359
Cylinders on the side of the barrel are irrelevant, it has to be pushed forwards from the back. You could mill out an indent around the back outside rim of the cylinder to let it swing out free of the retracted camming arm/cone

Indents on the back would work too, but lining it up to index correctly would be a bitch, especially if you intend to let it free-swing
>>
>>28437359
And by Webley I mean the automatic revolver they made. Think Pancor Jackhammer but controlled manually by cocking rather than recoil or gas operation.
>>
File: Webley-Fosbery_1837.jpg (8KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
Webley-Fosbery_1837.jpg
8KB, 300x200px
>>28437381
>>28437379
Pic related.
>>
>>28437392
I could imagine the camming arm coming from the sideplate straight above and to the left of where that safety tab(?) is on that, and meeting the cylinder itself beneath the handguard
>>
>>28437414
Though, now that I compare the Blackhawk, unless the camming arm was pushing through a channel cut into the handguard there'd be no room for it.
>>
The SEALS had silenced S&W revolvers in Vietnam. The worked by having a tight barrel/cylinder gap. Yes, they'd start to drag after a being shot a few times due to heating and carbon deposits.
>>
>>28437478
IIRC they modified the ammunition, not the gun, besides reboring it.

Really not a practical approach for anyone without the funding of the DoD.
>>
>>28437540
Um, no. I suspect you're thinking of the telescoping ammo that was developed by the Army. The 66's that the SEALS used were pretty much stock except for having a threaded barrel.
>>
>>28437626
I was thinking of the QSPR. I have heard nothing of silenced 66s. Do you have a picture?
>>
>>28437657
Bah gawd it's a star wars prop
>>
Courtesy bump, still want them mockups.
>>
Apparently the cylinder gap on a Blackhawk is between .003 and .008, so it is not like it has far to travel. Does this simplify design any?
>>
>>28437012
>I really want this idea to work guys
for what reason? what practical application is there for this? shit, what impractical application is there for this? You're going to spend probably hundreds if not thousands of dollars to modify this thing to do something completely pointless.
>>
>>28440167
No because the primary issue is figuring out where to place a camming arm to push the cylinder without having it at a 90 degree angle that will snap off under pressure, and the only option seems to be drilling straight through the hand guard. Which is shitty
>>
>>28440277
Shot in the dark here, but could you perhaps simply modify the pawl and cylinder stop so that the pawl presses and holds the cylinder forward?

>>28440245
>Impractical
It would be literally the only non-shit suppressed revolver you could get your hands on.
>Practical
The perfect murder weapon.
>>
>>28440368
I doubt you'd want to fuck with the existing internals of any revolver for fear of upsetting the action, particularly on a DA. Though the pawl would probably be the best spot to link whatever arm piece you use to push the cylinder forward.
>>
File: handnugget food.jpg (72KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
handnugget food.jpg
72KB, 600x600px
>>28436921

the ammo would have to look like hand nugget food

also as far as i know, the hand nugget is like the only revolver that can be successfully supressed
>>
>>28440403
I think we should assume that the piece to work on should be an SA with a loading gate, as it simplifies things quite a bit, and doesn't require the cylinder to swing open.
>>
Why not just use internal piston ammunition like the OTs-38 silent revolver? Shooting it sounds almost the same as dry firing the gun
>>
File: image.jpg (584KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
584KB, 2048x1365px
>>28442767
Forgot the picture
>>
File: 013.png (799KB, 640x832px) Image search: [Google]
013.png
799KB, 640x832px
>>28440455
>>
>>28436921
There's a forcing cone and specially shaped front end of the cylinder to contain gases as well, that would require machining. This would be a relatively small problem compared to the cam though.

For all practical purposes, you're better off using subsonic .45acp with a slide stop anyway.
>>
>>28440455
>>28440455
well, there were two designs using an internal captive piston, the QSRP and OTs-38
additionally, there was some experimental design that had a custom suppressor that encased the cylinder
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.