[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

well /k/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 12

File: HipointvsSardinia.png (376KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
HipointvsSardinia.png
376KB, 800x500px
well /k/?
>>
>>28408971
>1816
Sardinia. they have mortars, field howitzers, and cavalry.

this is barely better than "100 marines vs goku".
>>
>>28409026
The platoon can: Fire and load while prone, deliver automatic fire, and outrange all except for fairly rare rifles and artillery. They would be an unapproachable force on any battlefield.
They are also far more mobile than artillery, and can easily live off the land indefinitely.
>>
File: Hannibal.jpg (765KB, 1300x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Hannibal.jpg
765KB, 1300x1500px
>>28409106
guess who else was unapproachable in the field?
>>
>>28409106

A platoon can not find time to rest, eat, drink, etc while fighting off an entire fucking kingdom.
>>
>>28408971
just have to throw a few waves of meat shields at the platoon while the artillery zeros in and then it's all over.

This was stupid as shit
>>
the platoon would get fucking wrecked are you srs. handguns? lmao. theyd get steamrolled by a force of 300 with fixed bayonets. if the platoon tried to make a stand in a field, they would get annihilated by rifle and artiellery fire. innawoods, they get easily flanked and shot/bayoneted.
>>
>>28409106
>out range a fucking howitzer with 9mm
>1km plunging high explosive indirect fire
>with 9mm hi points
>being prone fucking mattering at all when fucking cavalry on horseback tramples your shit up

OP you are retarded or drunk or both. Also stop inducing pointless shit like "live off the land". Sardinia can bombard your position with naval artillery and call on an entire country to wreck you.
>>
>>28409219
in a much more industrialized time, simple trenches were able to protect infantry from bombardment for a very long time.
You want to use line infantry to hold these guys in place so the artillery can shoot them. First, how big do you think the sardinian army was? how long will they be able to keep up waves of disposable soldiers?
secondly, you wouldn't be able to hold them in place with infantry. even if you encircled them, they would be able to fight out of anything.
>>
>>28408971
>OP you are retarded or drunk or both. Also stop inducing pointless shit like "live off the land". Sardinia can bombard your position with naval artillery and call on an entire country to wreck you.

But they are Proto-Italians. That MUST count in the platoon's favor somehow...

What about Guerrilla operations, like slipping into the palace and seizing the throne?
>>
>>28409279
I can see where you might think this is was stupid if they were truely 9mm hi-points, but they are actually .45 auto. in this light, It's quite a different nature.
>>
>>28409219
>artillery zeroes in
>1816
>>
>>28409257

I disagree.

1. You adapt guerrilla tactics.
2. The semi-auto firing ability will cause people to shit their pants. One guy in one little corner of the woods can pop off shot after shot after shot and make it sound like there's a whole regiment of niggas there wanting to pop

But there are questions. Logistics. They'd have to navigate the land, and GPS won't exist. How do you transport that ammunition? Ain't no gasoline. The weapons would be useful but only to a certain point.

You have a shot of taking the island, no shot of taking the european section. and you don't speak the language, so there's no way to really institute a government.

Good going. At least go up against the former Colonial government in America or something like that
>>
>>28409300
>But they are Proto-Italians. That MUST count in the platoon's favor somehow...
>What about Guerrilla operations, like slipping into the palace and seizing the throne?
yeah, no. they repelled napolean twice and lost battles to muslims by sheer numbers in the preceeding years. your fighting a fortified island with a standing army that fields artillery, cavalry, infantry, and naval assets.

you lack the manpower, the firepower, and the logistical support to do anything meaningful. what would seizing the fucking throne do? now you have a known position where they can starve you out and burn or bomb you to death.

guerilla warfare doesn't work when you're directly attacking the families of the militiamen and army - if anything, they'll be galvanized to attack you because unlike today, populations were a hell of a lot fucking smaller then.
>>
>>28409322
you're right, my bad, they'll run out of ammo sooner and have even shorter range than before.
>>
>>28409328
I'm assuming he didn't know that prior to the 1860's most artillery were area targets focusing around bombardment. Then again, 50+ artillery pieces shattering the area around you makes it a pointless argument.
>>
>get teleported back in time with my trusty glock 40 problem solver.
>first thing we do: find out where the artillery corps are. capture and interrogate a general or supply officer if you need to, they're probably living in their house
>Go where they are stationed, murder all of them in their sleep, and destoy the cannons.
>>
>>28409332

>1. You adapt guerrilla tactics.
That's nothing new or unheard of in 1816.

>2. The semi-auto firing ability will cause people to shit their pants.
No. High rate of fire weapons existed.

>One guy in one little corner of the woods can pop off shot after shot after shot and make it sound like there's a whole regiment of niggas there wanting to pop
Massive over exaggeration. And the Sardinians wouldn't be worried.
>>
>>28409366

lol what a retarded little kid you are

>ayy lmao guys lets just capture their shit. it'll all be that easy!
>>
>>28409366
Do you speak Italian?
>>
>>28409328
oh I forgot people still just blindly fired cannons 400 years into their use on the battlefield.
>>
>>28409334
I'm not going to respond to anything specific, but you're treating Sardinia as if it were a modern military beuarocracy. they wouldn't be fighting total war, they'd have much more strained finances and leadership. you're fighting a war against the house of Savoy, not the entireity of sardinian society and all the country's resources.
>>
>>28409219
>just use waves of meat shields.
These waves would be routing hundreds of yards away from the platoon, and if the Military really tried to keep this up, there would be a mutiny very quickly.
>>
>>28409366
>>get teleported back in time with my trusty glock 40 problem solver.
premise of the thread
>>first thing we do: find out where the artillery corps are. capture and interrogate a general or supply officer if you need to, they're probably living in their house
do you speak Sardo-Italian? because it's about as "modern italian" as middle english is to modern english.
>>Go where they are stationed, murder all of them in their sleep, and destoy the cannons.
it's a fortified island nation ringed by forts, cliffs, castles, and bunkers. artillery is stored around the island, with hundreds of on the job soldiers and officers, as well as more mundane people around them. and since you have no explosives, and probably no real training, how do you plan on demo'ing the pieces?

>>28409411
no, they wouldn't, random dudes popping up in a forest with pistols would take some tolls on the locals before cavalry and infantry are moved in, then artillery and naval assets. Savoy had the backing of the remnants of the holy roman empire to a limited extent, which is why he even has a hold on the area.

the entire OP's premise if "USMC vs The Sun" Who wins?
>>
>>28409391
no nationality, or even time period was specified by the question. just that the soldiers be a cohesive platoon, and proficient with hi-points.
>>
>>28409371
>toasting in a bait bread

>one guy suddenly filled with bullets after nothing but a few flashes

What weapom in 1816 could do this, faggot?
>>
>>28409468

>What weapom in 1816 could do this, faggot?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girandoni_air_rifle
>>
what if it was 10mm handguns of soldiers choice instead?
>>
why are you guys fucking on about the Island? The capital of the monarchy is in Turin. once the mainland is consolidated, a collaboration government can be created, and ships and soldiers levied for a possible invasion, if the king hasn't already been captured or abdicated.

Yes, the invasion of Sardinia would be a difficult task taking many years. they should probably try and force their surrender by hiring privateers and attempting a blockade.
>>
>>28409481
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girandoni_air_rifle

I love this thing. Its an impractical piece of shit but it was

1. an automatic rifle invented before the constitution was made, rendering all the 'they only had muskets back then' arguments totaly moot

2. Was actually used by a military, giving the impractical piece of shit legitimacy.

Certainly it was apparent to people of the time that weapons with such capabilities that were actually good, were inevitable. So the concept of this kind of weapon used in warfare existed in military minds even back then.
>>
>>28409505
on trigger press, the resulting detonation creates a 3 mile radius annihilation zone, with a 9 mile fallout area. a mushroom cloud 38,000 feet tall erupts from the ground, beginning the process of sinking the island.
>>
>>28409481
>fire 20 shots of not as accurate, not as lethal ammo.
>then fire 10 more shots of ammo
>hold on, now I just need to pump my air gun 1500 times.
>back to firing
yeah, hi-points would be less than nothing to them. it's not like 1 man with a hi point could route entire companies of line infantry.
>>
>>28409481
>must be taken off target to cycle
>massive with extremely low muzzle velocity
>shitty seal and fragile reservoirs
>inaccurate af
>literally takes hours to fill reservoirs

Not even close to performing like a high point
>>
>>28409388
if these guys did appear in 1816, they could, extremely easily, overpower the guards of any installation. maybe dress up in period clothes and start when they've got the gates open.
>>
>>28409599

Every point you made is wrong, and it doesn't even matter, since I met the criteria you asked for.
Enjoy being wrong.
>>
>>28409621

yes
no
yes
no
yes, but you can just swap tanks
>>
>>28409713

lol

>ay lmao we have disguises now!
>>
>>28409366
>I can speak 17th century Italian
>I can murder professional soldiers, who have hand to hand combat training
>I can navigate a foreign landscape 200 years ago
>I am a fucking retard
>>
The Sardinian army was a complete joke at that time. They were so poorly trained that not a single regiment could perform the simplest of maneuvers.
>>
>>28409734
>enjoy being wrong
oh lawdy, It's hillarious seeing the insults autists come up with.
>>
>>28409802

>if I call him autistic, it means the bullshit I posted isn't easily proven wrong

;^)
>>
>>28409791

kek

gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>28409785
>what is the platoon is from the same fucking time period
>what is shooting them with your automatic pistol
>what is hiring a coach.
let me guess, you thought The Force Awakens sucked because it didn't explain everything?
>>
File: lol15.png (41KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
lol15.png
41KB, 640x640px
>>28409836
>>
>>28409830
oh hell, I didn't know the SPIDF was out in full force today.
fucking whole thread of "Sardinia is God's chosen people, their soldiers wouldn't even think twice about 3000 bullets a minute coming their way.
>>
>>28409195
They would give up after they got slaughtered in the first few battles by magic sci fi guns
>>
>>28409818
enjoy being wrong, le good gentle sir, that's a le fallacy, tips fedora
>>
>hm, I wonder what has /k/ so triggered today
>oh, it's the idea that people with advanced weaponry could pose a threat against 16,000 man army of 18th century Christians who at this time, were mostly dying in the field of disease rather than enemy contact.
>>
>>28409968
>13 people with Hi-points could take on 16,000 people

This fucking thread
>>
>>28410032
>13 people
jesus christ /k/.
>>
>>28410032
>platoon
>13
It seems you accidentally posted your age rather than the number of people in a platoon.
>>
>>28410047
>>28410049
Fuckoff, I'm not watching that movie with Charlie Sheen.
>>
>>28410049
>>28410047
>fags that think platoons can't be 13 people

welcome to the modern military armyfags.
>>
>>28410086
>Can't count the number of fucking heads in a pictures
>"well, if you look at the whole field of study, there are some instances where I might not be technically wrong.
how does it feel to be 12?
>>
>>28410122
>cant count the number of people pictured in the sardinia-piedmont side of the piccture

how does it feel to be destroyed by your own stupidity?
>>
File: 1438407659083.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1438407659083.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>28410081
Kek'd
>>
>>28410047
>>28410049
Irrelevant. Doesn't matter if it's 13, or 130.

Instead of offering any rebuttals you're just memeing
>>
>>28410191
you're not giving evidence either. Fucking lol. you think 16,000 troops could crush 130 troops as easily as 13? fucking colonial forces of that size held off attacks from locals in the thousands. and of course, not every single regiment of the army is going to be brought against you in one battle.
So what's the matter? why are you so triggered by this? do you want me to fuck your wife or something?
>>
>>28408971
sardinia could literally throw a "last hope" of criminals (IE you're a rapist/murderer/debtor but you'll be granted freedom if you survive a balls to the wall zergrush of those cocksuckers with tiny girandoni air rifles) at them and they'd have more bodies attacking them than bullets, let alone RoF of 10 round mag hipoints fired by 50 men.

someone post "King tiger vs __ roman legions who wins". at least that provides a threads worth of shitposting.
>>
>>28408971
It would be the same as the Pizzaro + 50 men vs. The whole Cuzco. The Sardinians would be BTFO.
>>
>>28409332
>can fire 10 rounds and reload for thier 1 shot and reload in ~20-30 seconds
>sardinia responds by fielding 5000 men to face your 50.
>Rolling fire.jpg
>division dead as fuck really quickly

this is the fairest fight possible. which is why IRL they'd use artillery and cavalry to fuck thier shit AS WELL and having a small field army in response to 50 dudes on foot burning villages or some shit to draw the ire of sardinia
>>
>>28409713
One things for sure, they would stand out like tall freaks of nature in the 1600's and have baby faces compared to everyone elses pox-scarred faces.
>>
>>28408971
Are they wearing mitchell? NEED SAUCE ON PIC RIGHT NOW
>>
>>28410808
>sardinia being the same as the incan empire
>sardinians being as susceptible to "If you fight for us we'll let you loot the shit out of the cuzco. because you are not the same people but suppressed by them
>sardinia being as affected by muh gunz germs and steel
>>
>>28408971
>OP never posts even a basic scenario
I guess it wouldn't be a bait thread then.
They'd get flattened by Napoleonic era artillery anyway.
>>
>>28410815
I highly doubt 5000 men could engage a small cluster of prone soldiers at once. the odds are in the future nigger's favor.

Speaking of guns, germs, and steel. what if all the people in the platoon except one were aids positive, and went around raping all of Sardinia. The disasterous AIDs epidemic would wipe out like half the country, and they wouldn't be able to resist the hi-point platoon.
>>
>>28411290
>muh "racial unity prevents us from fighting each other"
Italians would fucking love to murder and loot eachother. If it was profitable, they'd do it instantly. Did you see how rekt germany was after what all those german mercenaries did to it?
hell, the same shit happened in Italy with the condotierros
you could totally ally with the locals.
>>
>>28411370
>50 guys with aids rape a bunch of people (somehow without getting killed)
>now the enemy also has aids
>for some reason, the enemy all instantly dies from aids and the platoon carries on just fine despite having the same illness
>>
>>28409026
kek
>>
>>28411426
my favorite was someone posted "john cena vs jupiter"

he clarified later that he meant the roman god, but still...
>>
ITT: people who have never heard of artillery.
>>
>>28408971

My Texas High School football team wouldn't even have a problem with that kingdom, I'm sure it would be a rout by the platoon
>>
>>28411455

>1800s artillery

Oh yeah, real scary bro
>>
>>28411370
it was a more pragmatic time
they'd just kill everyone sick because that meant that they worshiped demons/sick people create more sick people but tell the proles that it's because they are demon worshipers being punished by god/people beset by demons who's souls can only go to heaven if they are cleansed... by fire.

>I doubt 5000 men could engage 50
>5000 men
>rolling fire, IE first line shoots, next line steps past them and shoots, repeat
>on all sides
>because 5000 men
>hipoints being effective at 10 yards, let alone 75 yards "man sized" accuracy like a musket
>as mortars rain down explosive shells on thier position as infantry simply cordon off any retreat
>>
>>28411470
>being retarded
>>
Have you ever heard of horse artillery or a 4 pounder? That's artillerymen on horseback riding along with a field piece that weighs a few hundred pounds and throws a four pound ball to around three hundred meters with appreciable accuracy. A good gunner could hit the same spot on a wall at a mile distance every time after sighting in with their gunsights, telescopes, and the trigonometry that every naval or artillery officer needed to learn to earn his coat. Rifles accurate to over one hundred meters were readily available, and there were units from Britain and the Netherlands exclusively equipped with rifles and trained to fight in a similar fashion to a modern fireteam.
>>
>>28411487

Yeah, looks super good bro, luckily I can lazily stroll about like Jason Vorhees so I'll never have to worry about it hitting me

You are the retard now, retard
>>
>>28411506
>I have force field that doesn't count! kid: the post
>>
File: Over the hills and far away.png (578KB, 827x500px) Image search: [Google]
Over the hills and far away.png
578KB, 827x500px
Better?
>>
File: it_will_be_fun_they_said.jpg (212KB, 849x1024px) Image search: [Google]
it_will_be_fun_they_said.jpg
212KB, 849x1024px
>>28411470
>>
>>28411567
who gets the jump on who? richard sharpe and the 9th rifles would have a significant range advantage.
>>
The joke is that the Piedmontese were Italians and did exactly what Italians did from the fall of Rome until Garibaldi started shaking them up. They wait in their fortified cities, ramparts bristling with artillery, until the Swiss or Prussian mercenaries arrive to do the bit with the platoon fire, mounted carbine and pistol skirmishers, rifle skirmishers, and multifarious forms of bombardment.
>>
The platoon all contract haemorrhagic smallpox and start bleeding through their skin.
>>
>>28409599
>20+10
no, read
>now pump 1500 times
no, read
>1 man with a hi point ould route entire companies of line infantry
no
>>
>>28411567
Assuming one platoon of the real 95th vs the hi point platoon? Totally based on tactical situation. I'm gonna just count Sharpe out, because he's an unkillable one man alcoholic snafubar.
>>
>>28411567
Assuming one platoon of the real 95th vs the hi point platoon? Totally based on tactical situation. I'm gonna just count Sharpe out, because he's an unkillable one man alcoholic snafubar.
>>
File: nordenfelta.jpg (16KB, 239x249px) Image search: [Google]
nordenfelta.jpg
16KB, 239x249px
>>28411585
this
>>28411567
>plotarmor v. technological superiority

pretty sure there is at least one sharp story where he mary sue's a nordenfelt or gatling gun. It doesn't have to make sense, he's richard sharp.
>>
>>28411608
Yes; everyone in nineteenth century europe suffered from chronic hemorrhagic smallpox, the bubonic plague, leprosy, tuberculosis, gout, inoperable kidney stones, and hysteria.
>>
>>28411680
Don't forget Cholera
>>
File: 1350140963310.jpg (20KB, 425x412px) Image search: [Google]
1350140963310.jpg
20KB, 425x412px
>>28411680
Yep, that's completely true, especially TB.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuberculosis#History
>In 1815, one in four deaths in England was due to "consumption".

Most people don't really realise just how absurdly high the burden of disease was back then.
>>
Two unmounted marine battalions with m4's, 1k rounds apiece, 20 mortars w/ 400 total shells, 20 RIB's and no SAW's or hmg vs. the Kingdom of Piedmont-Sardinia would be a very interesting matchup IMO, provided the Kingdom had sufficient time to deploy.
>>
>>28411735
But not so high that they couldn't deploy effective armies in the tens or even hundreds of thousands for long campaigns.
>>
>>28411781
The platoon won't have any sort of immunity to half the pandemic diseases though, we don't really vaccinate against that kind of stuff.

The Sardinians or whoever will have grown up with it, being exposed and lived. Basically anybody that survived childhood was tuff as fuark, because childhood mortality could be between 20%-60%.
>>
File: 1451035944098.png (332KB, 643x480px) Image search: [Google]
1451035944098.png
332KB, 643x480px
>/k/ history threads
>>
>>28408971
the kingdom of Sardinia would win, they would be able to charge their position with bayonets before the platoon would be able to open the ammo and load it into their guns

now if you said with loaded hi-points i would give it to the platoon
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.