[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /k/ opinions on this gun?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: Sphinx-SDP-Compact-Krypton.jpg (55KB, 930x619px) Image search: [Google]
Sphinx-SDP-Compact-Krypton.jpg
55KB, 930x619px
So /k/ opinions on this gun?
>>
Just buy a Glock instead of shitting around with blatant copies
>>
Bump for help?
>>
File: the day after the war.jpg (129KB, 452x680px) Image search: [Google]
the day after the war.jpg
129KB, 452x680px
its pretty decent for what it is
>>
>>28364223
How does this compare to a P-01 or P-07 since its just a more expensive clone?
>>
>>28364258
It's not the old Sphinx, the company went out of business and it was bought my Kriss. That gun is a jamming piece of shit that won't shoot HP at all.
>>
I would get a CZ, Sphinx really missed with this one. That being said a SF or Glock would just be a better buy overall.
>>
>>28364158
they're fantastic firearms. being somewhat expensive makes people with no experience hate them.
>>
>>28367126
Did you quote the company flyer or what?
>>
>>28364301
Sphinx didn't go out of business, they just got bought by Kriss, who started importing them to the US.

I know Skeletor has one and likes his, I've handled one and was really impressed with its fit and finish, ergonomics, and general feel.

I haven't heard of any issues with it feeding HPs at all.
>>
i'd just get a CZ
dat pistel looks gahy as fuck
>>
>>28367178
mine eats HP just fine.. got it over the CZ compact shadow cause the Sphinx SDP has a firing pin block.
>>
>>28368832
the CZ compact shadow doesn't have a firing pin block?
>>
>>28364213
Jesus Christ tell me this is bait
>>
>>28364158
I'm not sure why you would pay more for a Sphinx compared with getting a Cajun Gun Works carry package CZ with all the pins, springs, and hammer replaced and the trigger worked to your preferred weight.
>>
desire to buy cz intensifies
>>
>>28364158
It's a nice gun. If you want one and you can afford it, buy it. If you want a CZ instead, just get one of those. CZ owners are content with their purchases as they constantly remind us on /k/, and I'm sure Sphinx owners are content as well.
>>
>>28371523
>the CZ compact shadow doesn't have a firing pin block?

None of CZ's competition models have firing pin blocks. The Shadow is one of their competition models.
>>
File: sphinx sdp (2).jpg (2MB, 4407x2844px) Image search: [Google]
sphinx sdp (2).jpg
2MB, 4407x2844px
They are very good handguns, I carry mine and trust my life on it.
>>
>>28368832
Why would you want a firing pin block?
>>
>>28375405
Carry.
>>
>>28367178

I've got an SDP and like it. That said...

Something weird is going on with them. Cajun Gun Works used to work on Sphinx pistols, but now they flat-out refuse to do so. You can still get the springs.

There's supposed to be a full-sized version of the SDP, but for some reason it's not here yet, and I've heard rumblings about it being Kriss' fault. Dunno if that's the troof or not, but I have read multiple reports about it being exceedingly difficult to get repair parts from Kriss.
>>
>>28364158
No one here owns one
>>
>>28371640
because better materials.
>>
>>28364158
Can you get it without the "ergonomic" finger grooves?
>>
>>28375442
Full sized versions seem to be built in Switzerland, newer SDPs seems to be moved to the US.
>>
>>28364158
gross just buy a cz
>>
>>28364158
just buy the CZ
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.