[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Afghanistan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

File: air force btfo in bagram.jpg (199KB, 804x535px) Image search: [Google]
air force btfo in bagram.jpg
199KB, 804x535px
What's going on in Afghanistan? Its been over 10 years right?

Are you winning?
>>
Doesn't that put torque on the barrel? Are those rifles just for meme orial services?
>>
File: 1420149112103.png (69KB, 800x234px) Image search: [Google]
1420149112103.png
69KB, 800x234px
>>28358419
Of course we are. Mission accomplished.
USA USA USA !!!
>>
>>28358545
>His voice quivering
His palms are sweaty
knees weak, arms are heavy.
>>
>>28358542

>4 posts
>2 posters

Try harder to be relevant Europe.
>>
>>28358542
This really happen?
>>
>>28358419
Pretty much
>>
>>28358434

You know know the Military swaps out barrels though the weapon's life.
>>
>>28358419
>Its been over 10 years right?
Try almost 15 years.
>>
File: feel.jpg (381KB, 746x982px) Image search: [Google]
feel.jpg
381KB, 746x982px
>>28359392
>>
>>28358419
Fighting continues.
The Taliban are still carrying out attacks and there are signs that ISIS has entered the region.
If that true it means a nasty three way civil war for control of the country is coming.

>Are you winning?
By you I assume you mean NATO. Kinda sorta. The Taliban are, in theory, not in a position to threaten the democratically elected government of Afghanistan.
On the other hand, this was pretty much what we said about Iraq when we pulled out of the country.
>>
>>28359392
Try almost 35 years. We had plenty of folks in the mountains in the 80s. Gave Osama and his jihad squad all sorts of support and training. Then worked on and off with groups like the Northern Alliance through the 90s off and on. Then came back with the cavalry.

>>28358419
You don't win, you influence and destroy. I refuse to believe anyone at the REAL decision making and mission planning level was ever actually intent on cleaning up and establishing democracy in Afghanistan. If you can, great, but the real mission is to disrupt, destroy and otherwise take away a strong hold and safe haven for terrorist dickheads. They've done a great job of that.
>>
>>28359639
The Taliban now controls 39 districts in Afghanistan and contests another 39, according to data compiled by The Long War Journal

ANSF are losing ground in Helmand
>>
>disrupt, destroy and otherwise take away a strong hold and safe haven for terrorist dickheads. They've done a great job of that.

Yeeeees...
>>
>>28359749
They really have though, you don't see giant sprawling camps or terrorist hubs out in the open. That's now reserved for land inside the borders of "allies" like Turkey and Pakistan. Let Russian push Turkey's shit in and the US push Pakistan's shit in and you would see an immediate reduction in terrorist and militant islamist capabilities and influence across the middle east and parts of north africa. Go all the way dream world with it and flatten Saudi Arabia, then you all but remove the real backers and pillars of radical islam.
>>
>>28358545
>"Cpl"
>3 stripes up
K,
>>
You don't win a low intensity, high attrition warfare. You have to keep them like that so they will only become local LE headache.

All insurgency are like that. Even LTTE isn't totally defeated (there are still plenty of them that ran away to India, waiting for the right moment to launch another attack)
>>
>>28358419
we should have left as soon as we found out bin laden wasn't there

it's not like afghanisthan was doing well in the first place
>>
>>28358545
never been in the militry but how does it feel to lose a comrad

don't want to sound harsh but when i look at people i work with and hang out with i don't think i would be sad if anyone of them died ?
>>
Taliban moved to Pakistan. Pakistan's government and military is full of sympathizers. Pakistan is also China's puppet. So China doesn't want Pakistan to do anything about the Taliban. Because they can bleed America and humiliate them eventually. So long as China's mining interests in Afghanistan are not harmed.
>>
>>28360395

It's because you didn't fiddled with Bernie from the IT's penis in your bedcamp. You cannot understand true camaraderie until that.
>>
>>28358419
>What's going on in Afghanistan?
You didn't get the memo? we won. didn't we?
Well obama said Dec 31 2014 that it was over so that means its over.
>>
>>28360445
Speaking like a designated shitter
>>
>>28360504
No, American.

Last time I deployed to afghanistan I saw a lot of chinese mining operations. They have "private military contractors", but if you look their kit is all PLArmy.
>>
File: 911_167_03[1].jpg (67KB, 750x499px) Image search: [Google]
911_167_03[1].jpg
67KB, 750x499px
>>28358419
Why'd that dumbass Reagan give support to the Islamic jihadi terrorists to begin with?

>Muh communism!

Islamism is WORSE.
>>
>>28360566
An insignificant number Mujaheddin become Taliban. The Taliban didn't form until a decade after the Soviets left. When the Communist government of Afghanistan finally collapsed.
>>
>>28360566
One is a mosquito the other was an existential threat. One can appeal to a very small group the other could appall to everyone. Communism was the largest threat to western civilization and it still is in its many forms.
>>
>>28359734
Good to know. Ill have to look into exactly which districts they hold.
Afghanistan has 398 districts total. Owning 10% of the country is rather worrying, but id be more concerned about those districts that they're contesting.
>>
>>28358419
2 of those guys where my friends, I did 2 deployments with Joe ( Iraq & Afghan ) It hit me hard as fuck when I found out he past away
>http://www.newsday.com/news/new-york/joseph-lemm-nypd-detective-killed-in-afghanistan-to-be-laid-to-rest-1.11268537
>>
>>28360605
>The Taliban didn't form until a decade after the Soviets left
uhhhh
I don't think the taliban qould agree with that. I've talked to more than a few when in custody, and locals, and refugees who fled.

I'd maybe agree with a compromise statement that s proto-taliban existed during the war with the soviets and the change after the soviets left was so minor as to be perhaps fully aesthetic.

crazy fundie goat-fuckers in the mountains existed before during and after the soviet invasion. They "won" because the geography of the land favors someone who doesn't care if they live like an animal and also makes them VERY hard to find.

Shit, the five lions guys were actual fighters, not taliban garbage, and they really fucked up the soviets.
>>
>>28360521
Last time I was there, Japanese had won the mining rights (specifically concerning lithium). Are you sure they were Chinese and not Japanese?
>>
File: 1451341175925.jpg (142KB, 1041x1066px) Image search: [Google]
1451341175925.jpg
142KB, 1041x1066px
>>28358419
'Murican here.
>Are you winning?
Nope.
>Are we gonna stay anyway?
Yup!
>>
>>28360395
You don't need to trust the faggots in your office with your life, and when you get off work, you don't spend the rest of the day together with nothing to do but talk.
>>
>>28361070
They were Chinese.

I was stationed in Japan also and can tell the different in the language by sight. The security guys had QBZz and other PLA only gear. Japanese PMCs would have had western stuff or what ever slav shit was cheap and available.
>>
>>28360978
Still what he meant was right. The formal Taliban didn't exist until after the Soviet invasion was over, and were largely acting in Pakistan's interest. There's a reason that the Taliban could regularly cross into Pakistan without any trouble.
>>28360566
At the time we were willing to do anything to bring the Soviets down, and this did help in that regard. Reagan and co. weren't aware of what the aftermath would look like, or more likely didn't care. We could've supported better guys like based Massoud, but instead it went to fuckheads like Omar and Hekmatyar.
>>
>>28360395
I've lost three, it's the worst feeling in the world. One of them would have turned twenty yesterday. Another left three kids and wife behind. Another just said "fuck it" and iced himself when he got out.

Fair winds and following seas, Marines.
>>
>>28364141
>it's not like afghanisthan was doing well in the first place

I can back this guy up. When packing Camp Bastion up a lot of the tents were sold onto Chinese mining companies
>>
Why the fuck are chinese military types there??

Are we selling off the american empire?
>>
>>28366486

Fucking everyone is in the sandbox including North Korea and ur mum. It's like the UN Security Council finally designated the place for a field test site and is trying to get all the civvies out of harms way...
>>
>>28366486
Never owned it to begin with.
>>
File: laughing americans sluuuut.jpg (138KB, 980x1040px) Image search: [Google]
laughing americans sluuuut.jpg
138KB, 980x1040px
>>28366565
>the sandbox
Who the fuck calls it that? What a homo.
>>
>>28360395
Well when you're at work you just go home. Don't see them on the weekend. I didn't feel too close to anyone until I deployed. It's like having someone to bullshit with everyday, then that voice you're so used to hearing is just gone. All those inside jokes and nasty ass farts are just gone. That rack above you is empty. In short, it's lonely.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.