[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Military law enforcement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

I'm a fan of NCIS (the show, I know). How does one get a job like that? Crime is supposed to be pretty common in the US military right? Do they get a badge and a gun? Do they get to choose their service pistol? Do they do anything besides investigate crimes?

How do you become a detective or prosecutor in the military? Do the rules still work the same as they do in the civilian world? Can cases be compromised?

http://www.armytimes.com/story/military/2015/12/16/whiteman-airman-sentenced-manslaughter/77432540/
>>
you're better off going army CID if you want to go the enlistment route

NCIS doesn't pick from the enlistees if i remember correctly
>>
>>28357169
NCIS is a civilian law enforcement agency, so their requirements are similar to the FBI. You don't strictly need to have been in the Navy or Marines to serve as an agent.
>>
>>28357215
well there you go OP
>>
>>28357152
Just dont be a dirty MP. If you go CID you'll end up working on sexual assault cases alot cause thats a big problem in the military.

In basic we had a guy diddle another guy and CID came out and had to interview all of us. I asked the agent if they do this alot and he said it was his every day.

You dont have to wear a uniform most of the time. Which is nice. CID gets issued a weapon you dont get to choose it.
>>
>>28357502
isn't their issued weapon just an m9?
>>
>>28357152
Basically you want to be jack reacher. A cop that investigates crime in the military
>>
same as being an invetogator or lawyer in the civie world
go to school, apply for it and if you qualify they might offer you a spot. From what Ii heard CID isn't all its cracked up to be and its pretty tough to get into. you might as well just go to law school or be an LEO as a civilian, and this was coming from my recruiter
>>
>>28357502
>sexual assault
There is a bigger crime epidemic in the military

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2015/09/02/the-number-of-child-abuse-cases-in-the-military-hits-a-decade-high/
>>
>>28357152
NCIS is a civilian agency, a couple of times a year they hold open applications for anyone with no experience and a 4 year degree.

You can probably find out more about it if you talk with a recruiter. They visit universities during job fairs and sometimes hold recruiting seminars. Same thing goes for any other agency, CIA, FBI, etc
>>
>>28357152

I've been coming to /k/ for many, many years. Through these years a lot has changed, however, the one thing that has remained near-constant is the never ending parade of well disguised anti-mil threads made by that one guy whose wife got her brains railed out by a service member or something else equally traumatic.

<3
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.