[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ND Question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: 49493.jpg (45KB, 634x597px) Image search: [Google]
49493.jpg
45KB, 634x597px
If you have an ND, should you call the cops afterwards? If so, can they charge you with anything?
>>
>>28309071
I do, I also call them every time I violate the posted speed limit.
>>
NO
put away guns
turn off lights
close blinds
go to bed
i was a sleep officer
>>
recklessness/negligence
>>
File: 1445276281145.jpg (60KB, 885x990px) Image search: [Google]
1445276281145.jpg
60KB, 885x990px
>>28309084
good man, we need more like you, keeps us friendly blue boys in business, well done my lad
>>
File: labkill.jpg (8KB, 250x231px) Image search: [Google]
labkill.jpg
8KB, 250x231px
>>28309071
>calling the police
ever
>>
>>28309071
Make sure you didn't shoot anyone first then this. >>28309089
>>
>>28309071
No, never call the cops.
>>
>>28309071
Do you live in an area where someone else is going to call them or where you might have shot them?

If so you shot at a burglar, missed, and they ran off.
>>
>>28309071
It's not illegal to be a dumbass, anon.
>>
>>28309071
Claim you attempted to tactically remove spider, but failed and now that a real man is there he can fuck your butt after he's squished spidey.

Best case they laugh and leave, worse case you complain about free sex
>>
>>28309071
If it didn't go through a wall just say you accidentally a firework or dropped something heavy, or just say you didn't hear anything. Open all your windows because when you answer the door its going to smell like gunpowder. In fact, don't even answer the door. Just turn off all your lights and shut up. 95% of "omg I herd a gunshot!!!" calls we get are fireworks or people dropping boards so the likelihood of further investigation is low. But you should feel like a retard and you are one, never fuck around with a loaded deadly weapon.
>>
>>28309417
I smell bacon
>>
>>28309071

Having an ND isn't necessarily a crime. It's fucking retarded, but it's not a crime unless you damaged or injured something or someone who wasn't you.

When you have an ND you should:

> point the weapon in a safe direction
> engage the safety
> place the weapon on a stable, flat surface pointed in a safe direction
> ensure that neither yourself nor any other person was harmed
> if anybody was harmed, begin appropriate first aid and deliver the injured party to the nearest appropriate emergency care facility
> if there were no injuries, assess property damage and begin steps to repair it
> stop being an idiot with firearms
>>
>>28309493
or
>play it off like you meant to blast the ugly ass ceiling fan because you planned on getting a new one with more speed settings and light fixtures that would accommodate standard bulbs maybe some nice LEDs fuck you carol
>>
>>28309285
If it was we would need a LOT more prisons.
>>
You should sell all of your firearms if you've ever had a ND desu.
>>
>>28309327
kek
>>
>>28309493
Firing a firearm outside of a shooting range within certain ordnances is. Unless shooting at Jamal obviously.
>>
>>28309071
>calling the cops ever
the cops are not your friend, anon
>>28309881
>>28309881
>>28309881
>>28309881
BOOGERHOOK OFF THE BANGSWITCH
>>
>>28309493
You forgot the most important steps:
>Insert firearm into mouth
>Pull trigger until desired effect on gene pool
>>
Yes as i know my neighbor will regardless. Nothing will happen tho as im friends with the sheriff and a few of the deputies as its a rather small town and we went to highschool together.
>>
>>28309071
If you have reason to believe someone else will call them, and they will be able to figure out where the ND came from, I would call (although call the station directly, not 911) and let them know.
Short of that, I prefer to avoid interaction with the cops if possible.
>>
>>28309450
wow genius
>>
>>28309071
Do you live in a "low income neighborhood" ?
>if yes
then no, stop possing for them instagram photos Darnel and get your shit together
>if no
still no, what are you stupid ?
>>
File: 1328147723328.jpg (43KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
1328147723328.jpg
43KB, 250x300px
>>28309089
>i was a sleep officer
>>
>>28309071
You are now required to watch this entire video. The sooner, the better.
https://youtu.be/6wXkI4t7nuc
>>
>>28309071
if you hurt anyone then yes. Otherwise no
>>
>>28313868
Bro I understand how you're thinking, but that's totally wrong.
Watch this
>>28317037
You're thinking that admitting to doing something illegal will give you leniency. And it almost never will. Instead, your admission of guilt will be used as evidence against you. Don't say shit. If they come, ask for a warrant before you let them in. If they find anything, shut up and lawyer up.
>>
>Call the cops
>Tell them you discharged a firearm in city limits for no reason.
>Get convicted of a crime.
>Have gun confiscated.
>Look like a fool.
or
>Turn lights off, take a nap.
>Give no shits.

It's kind of a toss up since you shouldn't have that gun you're nd'ing anyway.
>>
>>28309327
Lel
>>
>>28317037
Watched the entire video, good link thanks.
I wonder how to to not talk to the police without unnecessarily being confrontation though.

According to that video you shouldn't even be like, "Yes, officer I'm innocent but want a lawyer" because then you've talked to the police.
>>
>>28313833
Do this
>>
>>28309285
>It's not illegal to be a dumbass, anon.

Depends on local ordinance laws. It's illegal in most places to shoot a firearm in city limits.
>>
>>28309071
every time i smoke weed i call the cops cause it smells like weed just doing my part
>>
>aftermath of 21st birthday
>wake up on floor of cousins apt
>hey check out my new 1911
>check chamber, in my still drunken stupor chamber a round
>hey this is prett BOOM
>eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>panic and put gun away
>turn off lights
>notice it shot through blinds and sliding glass door
>looks like it went across the parking lot and hit a house
>lay on floor for 3 hours waiting to hear cops come
>never come
>someone probably thought it was a slammed door
>>
Does anybody remember the thread on /k/ earlier this year about an ND where the anon blasted a hole through his neighbor's car?

OP had proof with pics. We all encouraged "Iwassleepingofficer"

What ever happened with that?
>>
Why does this need its own thread?

Why do you need to ask?

Why am I even bothering to reply?
>>
>>28314629
Cheap Trick
>>
>>28321837
Because most people will shoot off their mouth and say stupid shit that gets them in trouble. Far easier to just remember to not say shit. Even people who are knowledgeable about this stuff fuck it up, especially when it's your ass on the line. That's why even layers don't plead their own case, and why defendants should almost never take the stand.
It's not that you remain mute every time you encounter police. It's that you only give up the bare minimum of info required by law and necessary for your situation.
>>
>>28313833

That edge.

I'm 40 years old. I have been handling firearms since I was young. I have never had an ND. I am very, very careful with firearms.

That being said, I'm also human. If I handle firearms enough, I will eventually have an ND. It’s just a statistical eventuality. I know this. Any rational human with any life experience knows this. Eventually, if you do something often enough long enough, you will fuck it up.
>>
>>28309417
>accidentally a firework
Once I accidentally the largest ammo dump east of Paris.
>>
>>28309845
kek
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.