[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hello /k/ Went through the gun stores today and put on a Bersa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 10115060[1].jpg (18KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
10115060[1].jpg
18KB, 500x500px
hello /k/

Went through the gun stores today and put on a Bersa Thunder 380 on layaway.

What do you guys think about this for a first gun? I liked it because it is close in operation to the beretta 92fs (my first pistol when I joined the military) and it looks like James Bond's gun

But I am not sure if I should switch to a 9mm due to ammo cost of the 380 or if there are any other guns that I should consider. Let me know waht you guys think especially if you guys have had a Bersa thunder or similar compact pistol.
>>
>>28292122
There is nothing wrong with them other than the magazine disconnect. Ditch that shit as soon as you get it home.

If you plan to plink with it you can switch to a 9mm but in my opinion I dont really go plinking with a 380. I practice with it and carry it.
>>
If you want a cheap pistol buy a sd9ve

These are jam o matics from what i hear
>>
>>28292139
I checked out YT and its just a small C spring that needs to be removed to allow that magazine disconnect to work. What would be the advantages of not having a magazine disconnect?
>>
>>28292149
>sd9ve
i will look into this, the good thing about the layaway is that it gives me time to get a concealed license and it also gives me time to shop for other guns (they said I can change guns during the layaway process).
>>
How do these compare to the Sig P230/232? Around my way the Bersa sells for around 300 and the Sigs go for about a hundred dollars more. From what little research I've done they seem to be about the same. There are those who say the Bersa is a cheap piece of junk and others who say the Sig is overpriced and does nothing better.
>>
>>28292220
My Thunder 380 has been awesome for what it's worth. I've had it for 10 years and have around 5000 rounds through it. It does get stove pipes when it's really really dirty. If I clean it every 500 rounds, and make sure the recoil spring is changed about every 2000 rounds it's good.
>>
>>28292354
I looked over the Bersa and was amazed as how user friendly it is, its also very ergonomic in the hands, which is probably why chicks love it. I am not sure about it being junk, I have not seen any bad reviews on it on YT, if there is a junk gun I know that would be the Jimenez Arms lol, Glocks are kinda nice too, I kinda wish they had the glock 43 on stock.
>>
>>28292205

Mag disconnects usually increase the weight of the trigger, can also make it gritty as usually a spring loaded plunger is dragging across the front of the mag as you squeeze the trigger. That, and its a bit easier to train and dry fire with if you don't have a mag in the gun. Do it cleanly and don't worry about carrying it with that modification.
>>
File: Bersa2.jpg (61KB, 281x500px) Image search: [Google]
Bersa2.jpg
61KB, 281x500px
>>28292365
Forgot a pic.
>>
>>28292365
Thanks for the tips and info, 10 years is a long time. What other pistols or long gun do you have?
>>
>>28292409
I've got Sig's, CZ's, HK's, S&W's, a couple black rifles, an Arsenal AK, and some others. About 30 guns total, I wouldn't hesitate to by a Bersa again regardless of what others say. Though I would seriously consider the BP9cc just because 9mm is cheaper than .380
>>
>>28292385
also what brand of ammo would you suggest for

plinking and for self-defense carry?
>>
>>28292472
For plinking I use whatever is cheapest. My Bersa shoots great on everything but Tulammo, but eats other steel case (Wolf, Silver Bear) just fine.

For I use Corbon DPX for carry ammo.
>>
>>28292498
how do you carry your bersa and what holster and brand? I appreciate your replies btw. this is very informative.
>>
>>28292149
>>28292220
this, get a sd9ve. It is cheap as fuck, reliable as fuck, and the ammo is plentiful as fuck. Trigger is better than people say, you just need to oil it and not be a pussy.
>>
>>28292513
I have a Desantis Professional, and an Aliengear Cloak Tuck. They have both been ok, though admittedly I think I use the Desantis more. I usually only carry the Bersa in the summer when I wear short, and T-shirt. But I think it would make a fine full time CCW, as long as you keep it clean.
>>
File: nemesis.jpg (83KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
nemesis.jpg
83KB, 600x600px
>>28292369
My dad has the regular Bersa Thunder and I have the CC model.
They are great dependable guns especially in the small semi-auto world which is filled with plenty jammers you usually have to do an extensive break in with before they will shoot reliably.
If I had to choose a brand new out of the box gun to have a shootout with, between a Walther PPK and the Bersa I'd choose the Bersa.
I usually carry mine in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster.
>>
>>28292548
>>28292560
Thank you for the holster infos.

Would you both kindly suggest any good "upgrades", accessories or any other improvements along the line for this pistol?

I will be checking out that SD9VE, only con to it for me is that it looks like a full size pistol, unless I guess I get a 10+1 9mm... unless its almost the same size as Bersa, I dont know.

I also dont know how good the Glock blue label program is
>>
>>28292599
No need to really upgrade it. I'd recommend buying mags and ammo.

Also take a serious look at the Bersa BP9cc. I like it a lot, and will be buying one soon.
>>
>>28292612
I will check that out. thank you
>>
>>28292661
No problem, if at all possible shoot them all first to see what you like best.
>>
>>28292688
will do!
>>
>>28292122
it looks adorable OP :3
>>
>>28292753
its sexy lol, and still has curves!
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.