[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vest or Carrier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: BPV.jpg (673KB, 1250x1250px) Image search: [Google]
BPV.jpg
673KB, 1250x1250px
Hey /k/ lets take a moment and talk about Armor, I'm not a big SHTF type guy but I would like to have some amount of protection if something happened at home or while I am out. I know next to nothing about body armor so start me in the right direction. I'd prefer a low profile vest than a plate carrier and something that would stop a 12G slug/.357/.308. Something I could keep comfortably wearing while I ride my motorcycle. An introduction to armor would be neat too if anyone has a source. There are always vendors trying to sell some at local gun shows but I haven't been interested till now.
>>
I have a vest that can stop multiple .308 rounds if you're interested
>>
>>28287367

Get it right or pay the price you worthless little ass-fuck slut.
>>
>>28287367
It would depend on price, proof, etc. Just because I'm just starting to look into it.
>>
>>28287373
Eh I can't remember the specifics. Also op is too newfag to even get the reference
>>
>>28287344
>Look on Youtube.

>II vest with stab/ice pick I =Best for concealment, every day shit.
It will only stop a 357.mag....But no one will see it.

>concealment plate carrier will stop rifle rounds.
But its only concealable under a jacket. Get III steal, and maybe some IV ceramic as well.

>to avoid being a mall ninja / autist.
Maybe get t-shirts, sweat shirts and jackets with IIIa protection in side the clothing. Made by your self or bought online.
>>
>>28287344
I would wear lots of Kevlar if I drove a motorcycle

Fuck why even drive one?
>>
>>28287761
Because enduro.
>>28287742
Where do you find the manufactures for these?
>>
>>28287774

>Ar500 is cheap for most things.
You can buy Kevlar inserts to put into clothes.
They also have steal, ceramic, and carriers.

That would be the cheapest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQM6zLiSn1E
>If you want to spend $$$

Other places sell cheap vests like ghost armor.
Its refurbished, but stab and bullet resistant up to a 357.mag.
Base price is $200. New vest go for $600+.
>>
>>28287834
That doesn't seem bad for you know saving your life. I'll take a look, thanks anon.
>>
>>28287834
cough*
$$$$
>>
>>28287834
All of their stuff is for carriers isnt it?
>>
the only vest i need is faith in god
>>
>>28288001
You can make your own jacket to insert the kevlar planels. Maybe sweat shirt.

But it takes effort, and time. But can be done. Sewing machines..

Realistly you want a vest that wraps around, with little to light weight carrier.
This protects you the most. The ghost armor clothing does this. Its all in one kevlar and light weight carrier.

Carriers, like standard ones only offer limited coverage. They only allow back, front, and side plates... But protect against rifle rounds. (Or you could get a shitty kevlar one, thats like a rifle carrier, but less coverage).
>>
File: ammo_wheel2.jpg (44KB, 797x731px) Image search: [Google]
ammo_wheel2.jpg
44KB, 797x731px
>>28287344
3A will stop a 12g slug and up to .44Mag. I wear one everyday and can easily conceal it under a button down shirt and even under a slim-fitting hoodie with minimal to no noticeable print. Certain vests are more concealable than others so you have to keep that in mind as well.

A "concealeable" plate carrier will only really work under thick clothing or a heavy jacket, and how often are you going to be out in the cold for that long? Some companies make Level 3 Trauma plates which are thin and are to be used in conjunction with a 3A vest.

What is your budget?
>>
File: ammo wheel ballistic vest chart.jpg (428KB, 907x573px) Image search: [Google]
ammo wheel ballistic vest chart.jpg
428KB, 907x573px
>>28289002
Better chart
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.