[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Catching local vandals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: cat.jpg (52KB, 216x206px) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
52KB, 216x206px
A bunch of faggots are going around vandalizing my local community. They don't target anyone in particular, just breaking into cars and smashing property across several adjacent neighborhoods. Last night my neighbor's christmas lights got cut. I'm fucking sick of these degenerates and the police are doing jack shit. I'm going to catch them myself, or at least find out who did it and call the cops.

How should I go about doing this? I'm back home from college till the 15th so I don't have too much time.

I had a few ideas:
>Camera
Spend some money on a security camera and only protect the driveway. Ideal because it can catch them while I'm away, but that's such a small area to cover.
>Thermal Camera and/or Ghillie suit
I take walks at night all the time, but this time I would drop $300 on a suit and thermal camera for my phone and hunt them myself. Problem is if I have to tail them into a neighborhood (I'd stalk them in the farm fields in ghillie) I'd look suspicious as hell. Thermal would allow me to see through the dark, but I'm thinking I don't really need it, as my area is very well lit and I can see extremely far in the dark with all the ambient light.

Now, I also have a list of suspects:
>Old man down the street
He has peculiar habits and a bad temperament, but he's in his late 50s, and it seems like it's just WAY too much effort for him to wander to other neighborhoods several miles away
>Teenage shitheads in another neighborhood
While I was out one night I saw these high school retards drive drunk on an empty road, then pull into their house. I've seen other teenagers driving fancy sports cars (spoiled brats) also go into the same house. Wouldn't surpass me if these pissants vandalized for fun.

>Blacks from outside
My area is almost all white with an asian minority. I've seen blacks maybe twice in the past year in my area. One time these two city youths were randomly wandering my street. The second time was when I was getting my mail, some black [CONT]
>>
[cont] woman came up and asked if I wanted to donate to some poor youths charity. I declined and she hopped into a grimy white van that absolutely did not look suspicious in any regard. I doubt it's them though-- I just never see them around enough.

I'm leaning most towards the teenagers in the other neighborhood. They're the most suspicious. I'm probably going to monitor them for a while, problem is-- once they hope into their cars and drive I have to chase them on foot to not seem suspicious.
>>
Just post outside your house in the bushes or at your window, get some security lights and set up trip wires hooked to a car alarm
>>
>>28284768
>My area is almost all white with an asian minority.
You are probably safe from the blacks because they know they are out of placed and definitely noticed. Half of my neighborhood watch newsletter/blotter is all "suspicious African American seen walking".
>>
organize a neighborhood watch. go door to do in your neighborhood with a clipboard and collect contact information, set up a meeting and coordinate with your local police department.

good luck hunting!
>>
>>28284842
This. Never underestimate the power of nosy house wives and retired old people on monitoring and gathering intel. Also get to know the name of the cop who is assigned your neighborhood as a beat, this will go a long way in getting increased patrols as well (depending on where you live).
>>
>>28284768
Shoot them if they step foot on to your property and vandalize.
>>
>>28284768
Had some vandals terrorizing a client in the next town over about a year ago. I set up cameras and caught the kids on tape, but they were wearing masks/hoods and couldn't be identified. Called up the cops, they couldn't do anything more than sweep through the area periodically. Finally just got some people together to sit out in cover during the night and ambush them, we managed to catch one who got stuck trying to vault a fence and landed face first in the dirt.

Put kid in back of the car with his hands bound and headbag on, had another guy run through questions over and over again to get answers like his name, who he was with, that sort of thing. Finally got him to talk when we got to a local dock and bound his feet after sitting him in a chair. Told him we needed to go down to the local station so they could take his statement, and that if the ones he named weren't in custody tomorrow, we'd find him again. Read off his address to him, the names of his parents and his big sisters.

At no point did we have the intention to throw him into the water, but suggestion is a hell of a thing. Thankfully, he cracked long before he called our bluff, told the local sheriffs office what was going on, that he had felt bad about it and that he was coming in. Problem resolved.

As for finding your guys, place bait and watch like a hunter. Cameras will catch an action but rarely the who. Cops can't be around at the right times.
>>
It is hard as hell to catch people like this. I caught a few in my neighborhood who were up to no good just from staying up at night and hearing shit happening.

I've had eggs thrown at my house, truck broken into, Christmas lights torn down (twice), flag stolen (twice), and an attempted break in (caught the fucker though). I've caught a guy robbing my neighbor as well.

Best thing is getting your neighbors involved, try to keep alert at night (lay off boozing), and try to keep your property locked down and lit up with motion lights if possible.

I fucking need to move but until the economy improves here (Illinois) I'm sorta fucked.
>>
>>28284930
I like the bait idea. Nativity scene would work I think
>>
>>28284930
>Suggesting that people should kidnap and assault petty vandals.
Careful not to fall for it, /k/.
>>
>>28284930
where was this? no way you are getting away with this in the states without a civil suit.
>>
>>28284996
It'd be even better if they came clean, let people learn that local thugs were allowed to terrorize and vandalize decent folk while the local PD was completely helpless to do anything about it. Best the police can do is file a report that a car's been keyed to hell and windows smashed and let insurance take care of it rather than attempt an investigation.

Or would you have rathered that the owner of the house gun down the four kids as soon as the first one slit the guy's tires? Because here, that's completely legal.
>>
>>28285117
>Making up big stories like some tough guy.
Bruh, you're not going to get off with shooting some kids because they egged your house.

You're not going to get off with tying a kid up, throwing him the back of your car, and playing good cop bad cop. So don't waste your time telling stupid stories about it.
>>
>>28285148
Not him, but some states are much less harsh than others
http://www.nytimes.com/1990/08/22/us/booby-trap-death-brings-fine.html
>kill vandal
>6 years of probation + some fines
>>
>>28285171
>Get off
>The same thing as 6 years probation and a fine
That was also 25 years ago. Shit might go down as nicely.
>>
>>28285148
>>28284930
Security Expert here, what anon on top is describing is kidnapping and unlawful imprisonment, you can expect 20 years for it. the best solution for containing a petty vandal is shock and awe, pull your gun, get really close to em and yell really loudly "on the ground now!". if they run, don't pursue. keep the gun trained on them till police arrive. when the police arrive, unload your gun and place it off to the side out of reach. ask the police officer permision to retrieve your gun. do NOT physically restrain the vandal.

i am not a lawyer, your state laws might be different. check your Stand your Ground and Castle Doctrine laws in your state.
>>
>>28285246
This 1000x. Teens will wet themselves and either take off to never return, or they will do as they are fucking told and get down
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.