[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trying to think up unconventional weapons that are plausible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: futureme.jpg (547KB, 1500x915px) Image search: [Google]
futureme.jpg
547KB, 1500x915px
So far I have mostly nuclear based systems in mind-one that uses an over-sized fusion bomb in with a yield of something like 1000-3000 megatons that's incorporated into a massive bunker buster style system, the idea being that it punches through rock deep into the earth and explodes to create a massive localized earthquake while simultaneously contaminating the groundwater, but also doesn't have quite as severe a surface effect as a traditional weapon, ie, you can move in easily and rebuild afterwards and have to worry less about fallout and shit.

How you'd get such a massive bunker buster deployed flummoxes me a bit-you'd need a massive, easy to shoot down rocket, or to chuck it down from space, which has its own shortcomings. Could a massive drilling machine perhaps be the best way to sneak it in? Maybe you could use it to hold a nation hostage by putting one under their city and then gently letting them know?

A shaped charge style nuke would be good for this, that focused the force to the sides instead of into a perfect sphere, but I don't know how that would work.
>>
bumping this
>>
>>28280817
What if we weaponize ants
>>
>>28280817
A grenade that flings live wasps everywhere.
>>
I've always had the idea about napam style bombing, but with bees.
>>
>>28280817
A bot that makes a fake facebook profile of people's girlfriends and sends breakup letters. Cyberwarfare redefined.
>>
>>28280817
Some sort of energy ray that tangles shoelaces.
>>
guys guys

a ray gun that turns people into kittens

totally would be the greatest weapon ever made
>>
>>28283284
You sick fuck
>>
Anyone "weaponized" model rocket motors?

I imagine you could quite easily make a huey-style rocket pod. But what would be a worthwhile payload, besides silly things.
>>
>>28280817
1000-3000 megatons.....

Anon..... that shit is big enough to irradiate most of the planet.
>>
File: Cutlass.jpg (48KB, 689x312px) Image search: [Google]
Cutlass.jpg
48KB, 689x312px
Thunderscreeches for low altitude harassment
>>
File: xm1970_1.jpg (18KB, 600x272px) Image search: [Google]
xm1970_1.jpg
18KB, 600x272px
This, firing duplex 5.56 and flechette 84mm
>>
>>28283634
What is that glorious thing?
>>
>>28280817
You have no concept of how destructive a MT class yield is, do you?
>>
>>28283703

Swedish LADA NIVA. Combined AT recoilless rifle with 5.56mm spotter rifle.
>>
File: lada-niva-estate-1982.jpg (87KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
lada-niva-estate-1982.jpg
87KB, 500x334px
>>28283722
a what?
>>
>>28280817
>1000-3000 megatons
>largest nuclear weapon ever tested was 50 megatons
>it was about the size of a small bus
>tested in the Kola Peninsula
>broke windows in Norway and Finland
do you even understand how big a megaton is?
>>
>>28283806
I might need a physicsfag to check it, but I think you could legitimatley blow up the moon with a 3000 megaton device.

Wheres oppenheimer when you need him....
>>
>>28283932

You could likely do it with less if you drilled into the moon fairly deeply

its like a firecracker - hold it lit on your palm and it goes bang, singing the palm - hold it in your closed fist however and you'll have a bloody arm stump and bight of hand splattered across the room
>>
>>28283703
XM1970
>>
>>28283932
>Wheres oppenheimer
V&
>>
>>28284060
That's too bad. I always liked him.
>>
>>28284268
Is this going to be an informed thread now?
>>
>>28283284
Calm down satan
>>
>>28280817
>largest nuke was ~40 megatons
>big enough to fucking level 90% of downtown Paris
>thinks 1000-3000 megatons is feasible, possible, necessary, capable of being transported on even a fuckhuge rocket
>this nigga
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 305x316px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 305x316px
>>28283982
Wow, what a great analogy. You should do some writing. That could be like a radio or movie line.
>>
>>28280817
A weapon that fires super heated, magnetized plasma. It would act like a flamethrower that actively seeks out people.
>>
>>28284638
How about an SEP (somebody else's problem) force field?
>>
>>28286555
Most of the world already has that. They just go cry to America for help.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.