[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/cwfig/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 8

File: 50_AE_1.jpg (304KB, 1413x1553px) Image search: [Google]
50_AE_1.jpg
304KB, 1413x1553px
Hello, /k/, welcome, one and all, to this, the first ever...

Can We Fix It General!
(/cwfig/)
I would have done Problem Solving General, but /psg/ is already in use.

"what the fuck is this you autistic shit, god I can't wait for winter break to end"

Woah there, /k/omandos, you haven't even heard the pitch yet! How many times have you gotten into a protracted argument over a mass produced hunk of steel and polymer machinery?

Plenty, I'm sure. The idea behind this general is to provide a centralized place to constructively and objectively brainstorm on how to solve a problem with a firearm, knife or tripfag (even though the solution may not be readily attainable).

So it's time to stop the shitposting and put on your critical thinking helmets, /k/, let's actually make this a weapons board again.

I would like to advise a few basic ground rules:
>no tripcodes
>no namefagging
>do not make a claim without a source (just use wikipedias sources, ya lazy cunt)
>ensure statements regarding weapons are objective and quantitative, not qualitative

Here's a fun one to start you off:
How would you CC a .50 AE handgun?
Would you:
>use/modify an existing platform?
>create a brand new platform?
>argue similar performance can be found in X caliber?

...of course you're more than welcome to call me a faggot and I'll delete the thread. Up to you guys.
>>
>>28279108
thank you so much, I seriously thought no one gave a fuck.

I'd look to adapt a derringer style "handgun" to fire it, although probably at least a double barrel.
it'd be like a pocket shotgun.
>>
>>28278864
I didn't read your wall of text but I just wanted to say your thread seems pretty stupid, based off what little bit I did read.
>>
>>28278864
Just buy a sling holster and CC a deagle
>>
>>28279161
fair enough b,ut I'm drunk and needed something to do

i'm not going to make a second one, so fi this one goes bad, it'll never show up again
>>
>TLDR
lets solve problems instead of arguing.
OP confirmed for preschool teacher
>>
>>28279150
yeahh i was surprised it went this long without a response haha

that would have to have pretty thick parts you know, and its one of the small double barrel derringers i'm thinking about, it'd probably feel like hitting your hand with a sledgehammer lol
>>
Lurking bump
>>
>>28278864
>google: the thread

Zasta is the only trip who actually builds anything, and he's excluded per your rules.

/thread.
>>
>>28279190
i come here to argue, but i troubleshoot like a motherfucker so if someone has an actual problem bring it on.
>>
>>28279150
I too am thankful that anyone else gives a fuck. I hope this becomes a thing.

To continue the example provided by OP and answered by the anon I'm quoting, a very stoutly built derringer would sure be one way to do it, , but at the limit of 1 or 2 rounds. I ask the following:

The Deagle is huge. How much of its mass is necessary because of the .50AE cartridge itself, compared to the gas system it uses? Could the cartridge itself be fired from a gun with a strong enough barrel, frame, and slide, that will be no bigger than, say, a Glock 17 or larger Sig sized pistol? Is the pressure and energy from the round the prohibitive factor, to the point that it MUST be xboxhueg to sustain it? Or is it to mitigate recoil?
>>
>>28279174

I think the point of OPs post is not the question he asked, he's just tired of the endless shitposting on /k/ and gave us some outlines on how to be productive and constructive and not just derail a thread with anime and Jews and the like
>>
>>28279227
the problem is more someone having a strong enough wrist rather than worrying about the frame and slide. most of that deagle weight is recoil management.
>>
>>28279255
exactly this. I'd like there to be an environment where you can come in and actually discuss shit and have shitposters be btfo of the general the same way /pol/ posters get btfo of /k/ in general.
>>
>>28279278
anon that first bumped, If you want to keep this thread up for eternities, take off the limit of no tripfags. either they will take it off and shitpost or just walk right beside your rules. It'll honestly just egg them to troll
>>
>>28278864

I'll be honest.

The 50 AE is heavy as fuck.

I could see a shoulder rig but its not something I'd carry unless I'm in bear country.
>>
File: croped wrist brace on AJ.jpg (128KB, 579x448px) Image search: [Google]
croped wrist brace on AJ.jpg
128KB, 579x448px
>>28279260
maybe something like this? but then you have the issue of it being awkward to carry, but maybe it's possible you could make it into a holster as well so you just draw the whole thing and fold it out.
>>28279301
my rules were never absolutes, just advice. my reasoning was that if a persons reputation is tied to a post, they're more liable to resist reason for the sake of their image.

again, my "rules" are just advice.

>>28279311
just a fun idea to get the ball rolling, I don't see myself carrying .50 ever either.
>>
>>28279311

You mean the DEAGLE in 50 AE right? IF so;

OP said .50 AE handgun, and then asked
>use/modify an existing platform?
>create a brand new platform?
>argue similar performance can be found in X caliber?

Get with the program anon, get creative and come up with a solution. We all know the Deagle is heavy as shit, but his exercise is in other solutions for the cartridge itself
>>
>>28278864
>tripfag
Ban trips, implement IDs so you can tell who's who in a single post.

Namefagging doesn't bug me so much...

>CC a .50AE?
Leinad-style single/double shot configuration.
Making an auto or revolver in that caliber would be rather impractical for CC, save for rarer circumstances.

>yeah yeah, I've seen the pics of people CC'ing Deagles, but that looks impractical and uncomfortable, even on really big people.
>>
File: 1424835109280.jpg (84KB, 492x381px) Image search: [Google]
1424835109280.jpg
84KB, 492x381px
don't be afraid to post problems of your own, sometimes it's funner to have more questions than answers

could pocket sand be an actually usable alternative to pepper spray? maybe it could be loaded with a CO2 cartridge to be fired at extreme skin tearing velocities?
>>
>>28278864
>>argue similar performance can be found in X caliber?
Make a new caliber, give .50 GI the same treatment that they gave .45 ACP to make .460 Rowland and you should be able to achieve similar ballistics to .50 AE if comparing both from a 5"-6" barrel.
>>
>>28279424
I'm pretty sure pocket sand is more useful than pepper spray. People who get pepper sprayed are usually pretty functional. Meanwhile pocket sand will cause physical eye damage rather than irritation. When I was a kid I went to the beach one time and ended up getting sand in my eye. Ended up with a scratched cornea which hurt like a motherfucker.
>>
Single shot break action rifle built to a small size? Difficult to reload but simple, compact and reliable.
>>
>>28278864
monitoring
>>
>>28279502

So what we need here is something like the Kimber Pepperblaster, where instead of an aerosol spray it's two shots of compressed gas charge to fire the pepper spray round. Only with sand. Sand coming at your eyeballs at 90mph is a lot stronger than the wind or some faggot kicking it in your eyes, although some might balk at the 2 shot capacity, it's also more velocity than throwing can produce

This thread is fun
>>
>>28279335

I could see a single shot bolt action pistol being used for pretty good effect for the 50 AE.

As for the Deagle I would simplify the action. And not use a rotating bolt but a heavy duty frame ala 1911 or Glock style.

But I'm not sure how they could hold up to the pressure put out by the 50 AE.

For carrying them again I'd still go with a shoulder rig.
>>
>>28279502
Pepperspray also makes your eyelids swell to the point where some people can't see, does sand do that?
>>
Another fucking general cancer thread that will spawn a dozen new tripshits and will eventually become a subreddit
>>
>>28279607
Fuck you then, sand first, pepper spray second, .50AE third.
>>
>>28279595
get ready to make it funner

.45-like coarse sand or .380-like fine sand?
>>
>>28279607

I've never been pepper sprayed, but as a mechanic I've had lots of time where sand/dust/dirt/rust particulate gets in my eyes, and it's a horrible sharp stabbing feeling that makes you want to close your eyes. Now, I know pepperspray also fucks with your respiratory functions, makes it hard to breathe and makes your sinuses dump and inflame, so I don't feel like sand necessarily has an advantage, but it can blind you pretty quick for sure

>>28279629
You are the exact reason this thread exists. You have nothing to offer, so instead of offering nothing, like most people would, you shit on the thread. Like 1/4 of the posts on /k/ are people shitting on something without offering an ounce of rebuttal or proper argument as to why what they're shitting on is wrong
>>
.50ae blanks with a sand/powdered capsaicin mixture packed towards the front.

Wow I feel retarded.
>>
>>28278864
Only way to cc an Eagle ia to buy a dog, hollow it out, hide .50 inside, and pretend to be blind....unless you are Jabba the Hutt, like planet sized...
>>
>>28279595
I'm not quite sure that higher celocity sand is required. Permanant eye damage is not required, you just need to blind the faggots which requires little more than a few grains of sand in the eyes. Although a .410 packed with sand might do the job you are looking for.
>>
>>28279648

You sir....you're onto something

>home invasion goes afoul
>Karl Spergman answers to the cops afterwards
>"Sir, I don't believe in killing and violence, I did what I could to defend myself and my family. I didn't want to kill him, but I fired my Spergmeister 9000 at the assailant and when the nonlethal sand didn't stop him, I fired the nonlethal pepperspray, but he kept coming, and he was so mad, and I was so scared for my life and my wife an daughters, I had no choice but to pull the trigger the third time and stop him once and for all
>>
>>28279648
Cwfig question. Can I strip the enamel off my hi power slide and refinish it a deep blue myself? All the diy "bluing" articles and videos I come across seem to produce a black hole effect type of finish. At which point I could just paint it and bake it hard. Maybe stupid question but my research has hit a dead end
>>
>>28279698

Ah, see I'd completely forgotten shotgun shells could be reloaded with anything, no we no longer need an entirely new platform, we've just come up with a Taurus Judge loaded with 6 sand-filled shells, or a .410 derringer, or any existing .410 shotgun

That's what this thread is about. Calm, rational problem solving, bouncing ideas of each other. Sweet Jesus I hope the rest of /k/ embraces this concept
>>
>>28279730
whats everybody's beef with Taurus anyhow? I know literally nothing about them, and hardly see any haha.
>>
>>28279819

Not to derail the thread, but reports of shoddy QC for the most part. I hear there revolvers are okay, but their semi autos are not, especially if it's something they designed theirselves, as opposed to a clone, but even then it's risky

>NOTE: Almost all of my knowledge of Taurus comes from /k/, where a few instances of something devolves into a meme where the entire brand is garbage
>>
>>28279730

Why not apply the same thought to the 50AE.

IIRC aren't most 12ga shotguns a half inch bore?

Use the 50AE in a short range double barrel rifled shotgun. Short barrel and a pistol grip stock then holster it to the thigh.
>>
>>28279849
>NOTE: Almost all of my knowledge of Taurus comes from /k/, where a few instances of something devolves into a meme where the entire brand is garbage
This is where all of my knowledge comes from as well. But thank you for the insight ;p
>>
>>28279851

Well .50 AE is rimmed, which might pose a problem with feeding and loading. Plus the neck is .540", so it wouldn't work with any existing shotguns
>>
>>28279943

Custom rifled barrel? That I could see potential in.

Damn I didn't think about the case neck.
Basically would have to design an action and barrel assembly around it.
>>
>>28279851
>IIRC aren't most 12ga shotguns a half inch bore?
No, they're about .729", 20 gauge is .615", and 36 gauge is about .50.
>>
>>28279424
>No. 700 shot
>>
>>28279849
From factual experience, I can say their revolvers are perfectly fine.

Those semi-autos, though... they're like junkies, because you should never trust a junkie.
>>
here's a challenge

take pic related and make it truly useful. I'm not meming here, if we could come up with some cheap, possibly at-home mods for 10-50 bucks, this could be a fun little plinker.
>>
>>28280371
Ah, yes. The inviso-gun.
>>
File: left-side1.jpg (399KB, 922x692px) Image search: [Google]
left-side1.jpg
399KB, 922x692px
>>28280371
>doesn't post a picture

sorry senpai
>>
File: 71XkA0WKZ0L._SL1500_.jpg (100KB, 1500x1451px) Image search: [Google]
71XkA0WKZ0L._SL1500_.jpg
100KB, 1500x1451px
>>28280415
Ultimate Hi-Point CC rig. $5 at your local hardware store.
>>
>>28280431
it's cheap and in a cheap caliber, if we come up with a way to make it shootable that's cheap, why wouldn't we?
>>
>>28280415
>$10-50
Nah...
Shell out a little more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjQk244oW9c
>>
>>28280451

Its plenty shootable as is. Ergonomic, practical, aesthetic? No. But I have one (first gun, given to me, inb4 poorfag) they shoot just fine, they're turds, sure, but definitely shootable
>>
>>28280499
nevermind then, I guess I violated the spirit of my own thread by buying into the meme that they're less than trash. sorry.
>>
>>28280499

To clarify, in case it matters, mine is a .45. I feel like the 380s/9s have a worse reputation for reliability
>>
File: 50_AE_Alpine_Redhawk.jpg (132KB, 950x400px) Image search: [Google]
50_AE_Alpine_Redhawk.jpg
132KB, 950x400px
>>28278864
Commission Bowen Custom to build a 3 1/2 inch version of their .50AE Alpine Redhawk.
>>
>>28280371
Don't buy the C9 in the first place, take that extra money that you would spend to make it better a buy a better gun. A hipoint C9 + $50 is about $200 now days and you can still get P64s around that.
>>
keep the dream alive
>>
>>28279704
Following up on this, how would we design a weapon that could be cheaply sold for normalfag SD like this? Market it as non-leathal SD with 1 deadly round should all else fail. This would obviously not be for any of us because we would just shoot whoever comes in our home without any concern for their life, but normies sure do love human life so they could feel better using this.
>>
>>28281397
that'd be cool, but the biggest problem you'll have is producing a new weapon platform that is inherently non-lethal.

although it could potentially make a shitload of money depending on the method. maybe a netgun that has weights with little burr style barbs on them to get caught up in an assailants clothing?

the upside is it wouldn't work on /k/ommandos who always break and enter in the nude
>>
Problem: Working on a idea, and strictly idea, for a double barrel shotgun revolver.

I saw a Brazillian one, but I am pretty sure it wasn't even SA, as in the cylinder had to be manually indexed.

Is DA possible, or even the best route for double trigger, double barrel, repeating fun?
>>
File: Bio2_-_DoubleBarrel_Upgraded_Mag.jpg (171KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
Bio2_-_DoubleBarrel_Upgraded_Mag.jpg
171KB, 1000x563px
>>28282521

we rapture now.
>>
>>28282553
GO. GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE.
>>
>>28282521
Sounds neat, but I don't know dick all that could help you.

If the Brazilian one isn't too expensive, you could try getting it as a base to work off of and if you break something you won't have to feel bad since it's a br gun.

I'd say try it in sa first though for simplicities sake.

Of course I don't know, just seeing what sticks.
>>
>>28279819
Their semi autos are garbage, and their revolvers are notorious for exploding with hot loads

Ruger and S&W make much nicer revolvers for only slightly more money, as far as I am concerned there is literally no reason to buy a Taurus
>>
>>28282652
The brazilian one was made in the literal jungle and no one anywhere but maybe in a cocaine jungle can buy one.

It was just inspiration, I wish I could show you guys the pic but I don't have it.
>>
I know you're just using the cc 50ae as an example of us solving problems, but I'd like to add to it anyway. It would be cool to see a new platform for it. A subcompact single stack in 50 would be cool as fuck
>>
How would SMGs in more powerful calibers perform and do they have a place in the modern military?
>>
>>28279493
What is .50GI?
This sounds like a good option. Could this be fired from a 1911-sized pistol like .460?
>>
>>28278864
I like the idea of this thread.

How about a .50 Derringer? That would be the least fun thing on earth to shoot though.
>>
>>28278864
Just ccw a Derringer in 45-70.
If two rounds don't do the job at least the dude will be on fire.
>>
>>28279648
is there a non lethal pocket sand shotgun round?

>loads a 00 Buck, follows with a Pepper round and topped off with a pocket sand shell
>>
>>28283169
Like a .50 AE one? I think that is another good use for repurposing that round, too bad rimmed isn't as good for full autos (correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm going to look up the largest caliber SMG that was actually used and in service, see if I find anything interesting.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.