[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pimp my AR

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

So I am a noob and I just got one of these. Its a Colt 6920 Sporter?

I want to dress it up but everything I like involves removing the A2 front site and replacing the gas block which I'm not comfortable with yet at all.

Those full barrel length rail systems are awesome but that's out for me.

Can you guys post some sexy carbine length set ups that would not require me to change the gas block?

I'll definitely want to take that carry handle and rear site off for an optic and some kind of rail system with a forward grip as well.
>>
most decent manufacturers make drop in handguards or rail setups, but are priced accordingly.

or you just poly it up with some magpul stuff.
>>
What's your budget?

Are you able/willing to cut the delta ring? There are drop in 2 piece handguard/rails since you dont want to touch the gas block. If you willing to cut delta ring, you have a few more options openned up, mainly free floating ones. You'll have to look at the proper length for those (9" was the length for my mid length gas).

Congrats on first ar. Next time post in the AR general threas that'll always be up.
>>
>>28276676
Just change the sucking gas block you pussy, its hard to fuck up just watch some vids to get comfortable with the process.
>>
>>28276725
Yeah, now I'm finding those drop in rails and Christ all mighty the prices man. Does anyone make them besides fucking DD and BCM?

I guess I could just lose the carry handle and rear site, get an optic and some magpul hand guard and forward grip.

I wanted to be better than that but oh well. The rifle was a gift and they bought me a Colt which is pretty solid. They could have done much worse. I can't bitch.
>>
>>28276773

midwest industries, troy, B5, yankee hill, etc...

you can even go airsoft tier with NCstar, UTG, tapco, etc.

most decent companies will make a drop in carbine length handguard or rail system purely for the massive amounts of m4gerys out there.
>>
>>28276764
Dude I just learned how to clean this thing. I don't think I need to start changing gas blocks.
>>
>>28276773
There are cheaper 2 piece rails. I know midwest makes one. Make sure you google "drop in 2 piece". The free floating ones will cost you, though.
>>
Oh for fucks sake.

Daniel Defense omega rail. And lavender lace panties
>>
File: handguards.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
handguards.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>28276676
>>
File: image.jpg (63KB, 800x563px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 800x563px
>>28276676
There's always fsb cutout rails
>>
>>28276773
Good fucking plan throwing away the BUIS.

Give your mom back the rifle and just start wearing her dresses.
>>
>>28276676
u got the wrong fucking ar for doing that shit, should have bought one that was designed for what u want to do or better yet you should have built one, don't destroy that nice rifle
>>
>>28276676
>Wanting to take off the carry handle.
How will you carry it then you dumb dumb?
>>
File: Handguards_2.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Handguards_2.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>28276857
My drop in rail was made by monstrum tactical by the way. It's cheap but the rail is actually pretty solid.
>>
>>28276676
In the future save yourself a lot of trouble and just buy what you actually want.
>>
>>28276939
>>28276939
And did you really have to make another shit thread? What, the one with 50 replies wasn't cutting it for you?
>>
>>28276837
Dude it's fucking easy. Promise.
Every step I can think of is as easy as cleaning.
It seems like a lot at first, but it really isn't bad.
YouTube is your friend
>>
>>28276857
Yeah, see I'd love something like that that went all the way to the flash hider. Ahh, that fucking site lol!

[desire to dremel intensifies]
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.