[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Robot Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 10

Poor people are attacking robots for reasons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3crAa2MYgQ

I hope they keep this up when AI is a thing so they can accidentally start a civil war.

Post all things robots. Ideas for robots. Combat applications for robots that no one has thought of. Police force applications of robots
>>
File: police robot.jpg (68KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
police robot.jpg
68KB, 1000x563px
No LEO should be forced to patrol Detroit, Jew York or Baltimore when they could simply cordon off an area and deploy heavily armed offensively oriented Law Enforcement Drones and leave the LEOs to helping suburbanites, the elderly, or gentrified areas.

Asimov's Laws are fictional and were just a tool for a book
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PKx3kS7f4A
>>
What is this supposed to do to a perp?

Shove itself up their ass?
>>
File: 01 The Matrix.jpg (74KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
01 The Matrix.jpg
74KB, 853x480px
Why would they attack an animate objects? Do printing press workers attack printers?
>>
>>28276703
They did. Also look at the heritage of the word sabotage.
>>
In the future police bots will be powered by hot pockets and do all law enforcement for free
>>
>>28276730
What did they hope to achieve? It just proved that low tier workers were impulsive and untrustworthy.
>>
>>28276703
never heard of luddites?
>>
>>28276784
Lets look at the metaperspective. Hard working people try to stop a technology which later would be used for the manipulation and brainwashing of these very people by a very small group.
>>
File: rpg.jpg (216KB, 500x652px) Image search: [Google]
rpg.jpg
216KB, 500x652px
>>28276801
YFW taxi drivers who barely speak English start attacking autonomous cars
>>
>>28276814
>used for the manipulation and brainwashing
And yet you have a television in your home. And you remember the names of at least 10 celebrities.

Good job fighting the power. Instead of relying on other people to keep you employed, get off your ass and make your own business. You know your community better than any brand name chain.
>>
>>28276823
Better than the taxi driver raping the machine or shitting on it as in India.
>>
>>28276845
Lel I dont have a tv and live in a valley.
>>
>>28276864
When all of these taxi assholes are unemployed expect rapes to spike.
>>
>>28276871
>live in a valley
And? Its not an abandoned valley. Be self-employed. A woman needs someone else's kindness to make ends meet. A man doesn't.
>>
>>28276891
Also Lel. since i repair tractors and other vehicles.
>>
>>28276845
>2016-d11
>owning a tv
>>
>>28276525
Security faggot here:

90% of unarmed security jobs are make-work positions that could be cut if management got crafty. 90% of the actually "necessary" security jobs themselves only exist due to post-9/11 laws designed to increase security in the face of domestic terrorism.

>What is this supposed to do to a perp?

In most policy manuals, guards aren't actually supposed to do anything but call the cops in situations where there is a "perp". That fact actually made the news recently due to some movie theatre (or was it transit?) security not intervening in a fight where a girl got robbed.

Dude, consider this: I work with a crew of mostly geriatric fucks who each has their own crippling medical condition that would make them 100% useless in a real situation, be it a violent one or not.

Guards /as we exist/ are mostly useless already.

What keeps bots like this R2-Dildo thing from taking our jobs is that it still costs more per hour to hire out these bots than it does to pay someone to sit at a post in most markets.
>>
>>28276944
>d11
what madness is this?
>>
>>28276976
d11 is notation for a random number between 1-11.

he's saying
>in years from 2010-2015
>>
>>28276976
Fucking roll, you shit bitch. Stop talking and roll.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1448212914355.jpg (48KB, 719x955px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1448212914355.jpg
48KB, 719x955px
>>28276410
>>
>>28276985
I was referring to the fact that I've never seen a d11, d12s are nice and roll nicely. d10s are a bitch, but are functional. What the fuck is a d11, outside of random number generation?
>>
>>28276996
Can I take a perception test to check the requirements?
>>
File: d11.b.metal.jpg (955KB, 3080x2084px) Image search: [Google]
d11.b.metal.jpg
955KB, 3080x2084px
>>28277009
I normally see them as barrel dice when I do see them.

I'll be honest, though. Most of the time I see d# notation, it is for random number generation...ZDoom's action specials are notated in d# format when random numbers occur in them.
>>
File: 1431461102659.png (165KB, 303x311px) Image search: [Google]
1431461102659.png
165KB, 303x311px
>>28276976
>>
Being a cop involves a lot of human interaction and judgment calls, so robots probably aren't gonna be any good at that. As far as warfare though, I think they're gonna be a huge part of how developed nations fight wars and civil unrest.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.