[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Europoor's first knife

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: 01cr1601kz.jpg (83KB, 1000x745px) Image search: [Google]
01cr1601kz.jpg
83KB, 1000x745px
Hello /k/, Germany there. Wanted to buy my first EDC knife. Which are best, need it for everyday-stuff and protecting myself from rayfoogees. I did boxing for six years, but I'm afraid it's not enough anymore. And it's shouldn't bee too expensive, if possible <60€.
>>
File: kershaw leek.png (140KB, 1020x400px) Image search: [Google]
kershaw leek.png
140KB, 1020x400px
I've owned an M16, and it was good, but not great. The folding mechanism got loose and sloppy after a year or so, and my retarded friends (lived in a frat house) always picked it up off my desk to play with it and couldn't figure out the secondary lock, so they just forced it closed and fucked it up, you can take it out and it still works just fine though

I've since moved on to a Kershaw leek, and its my favorite knife I've owned so far (not that I've had a huge amount)
>>
>>28263319
afaik the german knife laws for carrying are like this:
-a folding knife can either be one hand opening or locking, not both
-fixed blade limited to 11(?) cm
-auto knives limited to 7(?) cm
-no ballisongs or otf knives (can't even own them)
>>
Not a big chance of getting caught with it unless someone would be going around swinging and showing it off. Or it's just been used stabbing 4-5 guys
>>
>>28263653
oh and i think it can't be double edged
>>
What happens if I'd order an illegal knife online in Germany, would I get a fine since I should know better or do they just confiscate it?
>>
File: jhligl[1].jpg (59KB, 504x166px) Image search: [Google]
jhligl[1].jpg
59KB, 504x166px
>>28263653
If you draw your knife, you'll have to use it, and then you're pretty much fucked, especially if you have no training with it, and even if you win without a scratch the police is gonna fuck you, because you just shanked someone. So I'm not gonna give your pointers on which knife is more deadly. Plus a kitchen knife is perfectly sufficient for those occasions.

So, good foldable knife.
>no otf
C'est la vie.
Fist thing, check how the laws are enforced. Easiest way, go ask a policeman, ask for the references of the articles, and verify it.
A lot of countries have very vague laws about knifes, so it's good to know the exact texts and their application. I've corrected officers about the legality of gear a couple of time, because it isn't the most important part of their job they are sometimes as clueless and prone to repeat earsay than civilians.
Then go to a shop and ask to try some knifes. The ones that open easily and aren't woobly. I personally like blades between 8 and 10cm.

If you want to go tacticool, choose one with a seatbelt cutter and window punch, plus you can present it as a tool. Example in pic for less than 30$.

Or just buy an opinel. It's reliable and dirt cheap, and there are models in every size known ot man. Then you can see what issues you have with it, and search another knife that improves on those areas.

>a folding knife can either be one hand opening or locking, not both
What ? how do you do legally determine if a knife can be opened with one hand only ? Unless they list patented systems (unlikely), it sounds like urban legend.
>>
Just get an Opinel, Victorinox Cadet or a Douk Douk, OP. Either will be cheaper and higher quality than a CRKT M-16 or any variant thereof.
>>
Getting caught carrying a knife can get you up to 4 years in prison and a £5,000 fine in the UK.
>>
>>28263319

its a good knife. one of my first folders. designed by a 20 year retired marine and meant for combat.

its super sharp. cut me so deep it didnt bleed. just had clear plasma from a soft brush of the edge. I have the m21 version which has a 3.85 inch blade. not sure if thats in your guidelines.

its not a gun, but its something and will work for a daily cutter. if you can get an ontario rat folder id go that route. new design more practical for edc. they run us like 30 bones. from ny, which i am and ny blades mean business.
>>
>>28263614
I also own one (found in a gutter), and has the same issue, folding mech gets loose. It's not a hard thing to fix, but it is a design flaw.
>>
>>28263319
check walther or the elite force line
>>
>>28263973
Not at all an urban legend.
http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/englisch_waffg/englisch_waffg.html#p0444
>>
>>28264225

Funny how the UK government throws the book at someone caught carrying a knife, but they didn't do shit to the muslims/shitskins who were caught sexually abusing 1,000 children.

Was that because the muslim pedo gang gave free 5 year olds to your MP's and in return they let the off scott free?
>>
File: Ontario-Rat-Model-II_3.jpg (1020KB, 1000x708px) Image search: [Google]
Ontario-Rat-Model-II_3.jpg
1020KB, 1000x708px
>>28263319
Ontario RAT 1 or 2, one of the best EDC folders if you are on a budget and you can get them for less than 30$.
>>
File: maxresdefault-5.jpg (317KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-5.jpg
317KB, 1920x1080px
>>28265381
This op.buy the rat ,heard it has that bad ass axis lock.
>>
File: Protection_Method_Success.jpg (255KB, 1200x854px) Image search: [Google]
Protection_Method_Success.jpg
255KB, 1200x854px
Something you should consider OP.
>>
>>28263973
>What ? how do you do legally determine if a knife can be opened with one hand only ?
thumb stud, flipper, stuff like that
>>
>>28265381
Thanks, ordered RAT1 on Ebay since I had 15€ dicount code. Payed like 5$ for it, so it shouldn't land at customs. What should I say if they see that I ordered an knife? Say them somebody hacked my account, say them it's present, say them I collect them and won't run around with it?
>>
>>28266442
are you retarded?
>>
>>28266442
They are legal to own, you just can't carry them in public without a valid reason (selfdefense sadly ain't one), so you need it for bushcraft, mushroom gathering, hunting or something else outdoorsy. Also, you can screw off the pin and the knife shouldn't be openable with only one hand, but that only works if the knife got a nail groove or something similar
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.