[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How alpha do you have to be to be a spy? Are the guys who do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 246
Thread images: 20

File: Delta-Operators-1.jpg (26KB, 449x308px) Image search: [Google]
Delta-Operators-1.jpg
26KB, 449x308px
How alpha do you have to be to be a spy? Are the guys who do this the kind who could be hwite yet still walk confidently through the ghetto unarmed? Or is it all a myth?
>>
>>28248281
>watch too many movies

they're all nerds and eggheads
>>
>>28248322

I'm glad that movies are starting to show this now
>>
>>28248322
This, the field opratives you see doing gun work are typically ex delta or seal.
>>
File: balls and ass.gif (1MB, 240x181px) Image search: [Google]
balls and ass.gif
1MB, 240x181px
>>28248281
Guy on the left giving the cameraman an ocular patdown
>>
>>28248353

Even the nerds can do gun work. Easier to have some one lift weights, run and learn how to use fire arms, than it is to teach math, geography, science, bunch of other shit. Even teaching a nerd how to use a gun is easier too. Specially when they learn the science aspect of it.
>>
>>28248371
that's what I thought even though I'm not crazy about the show
>>
Real spies are much more subtle. They usually just spread their ideological disinformation to the gullible. Look at that ring of Russians that were captured a few years ago. I think one was a teacher.
>>
>>28248322

this
>>
>>28248281

is it just me or is that Mac, Dennis and Charlie from Always Sunny in Philadelphia?
>>
CIA goes to desert or jungle country, do you really think its him pulling the trigger? they have "informants" and "assets" that will do all that dirty nigger shit for them for cheap as hell. but if they have to do any legit wet work, they use their "ground force", which as a few have said already, are ex Delta/SEAL-types. there was an interesting thread about this a few days ago where someone mentioned the "sheep dipping" that these groups do. They essentially "borrow" some SOF guy, the military "retires" them temporarily, they do the dirty work, jump back into the military. fascinating stuff
>>
Spies are a specific type of personality. It's like artistic talent, the ability to write a poem or paint a picture, either you have it or you don't. A small number of Case Officers recruit over 80% of agents.

The CIA is rolling over to more JSOC style paramilitary activity precisely because they are driving out those personalities and failing to recruit them.
>>
>>28248671
or because we don't live in that kind of world anymore. some kid in his mom's basement could do more damage than james bond nowadays
>>
>>28248443
Holy shit. Can never unsee
>>
>>28248709

Greetings newfriend
>>
>>28248695

No. SIGINT doesn't get the same intel that HUMINT does. It gets a different sort of intel, and some of the same stuff, but there is intel that can only be touched by HUMINT that SIGINT won't get you.
>>
>>28248734
and most of that HUMINT is from assets and informants, not the actual 'spies' themselves
>>
>>28248760

Who the fuck do you think recruits agents? The terminology is agent, not informant. Agents are recruited by Case Officers, who today are called Core Collectors. Also spies don't like being called spies.
>>
>>28248777
>Also spies don't like being called spies.

Why
>>
>>28248784

Because a spy is somebody who fucks their buddies.
>>
File: wpkp4may9t8nsljlztfh.jpg (108KB, 1248x832px) Image search: [Google]
wpkp4may9t8nsljlztfh.jpg
108KB, 1248x832px
>>28248794

Says who? One of the most famous movie characters in the world is a spy and he's honorable.
>>
>>28248807

>all of this was bait

Okay buddy. Go back to your regularly scheduled fun posting.
>>
>>28248777
why do you think i put it in quotations? its an outdated concept, i'm just using the (stupid) terminology from this thread. you can call them 'agents' all you want, but in reality, its someone that SOF captured and smacked around for a couple weeks and then handed back over to the CIA operative.
>>
>>28248281

You have to be somebody that wants money and lives in a shanty town near sir reginald mcjihadlord and the Agency gives you money to tell them shit that goes on in the neighborhood and where reginald and his camel go etc.

Your skills need to be that you need money and are willing to get your head cut off for telling your freelance case handler when reginald is eating kabob.
>>
>>28248919
cant tell if you're joking or not but this is closer to reality than most of these fucks in this thread realize
>>
>>28248927

Wasn't joking. Well maybe a little. I know there can be ideological walk ins.
>>
>>28248918

That isn't how fucking agent recruitment works at all you cocksucker. Holy fuck you're ignorant. Then again you are shitposting on /k/.
>>
>>28248281
not alpha at all is the answer

a good spy is one no one notices, a good spy has his shirt tucked in and doesnt do anything out of the ordinary, he is blown off by those around him as a nobody and attracts no attention to himself. Why would you, if your picking up documents from an informant in the FSB on a weekly basis then theres a damn good chance someone is watching you, if they're seeing some ultimate badass whoc doesnt give a shit theyre damn well gonna suspect something, if they see some moist ass bookworm with bad social skills theyre gonna think twice.
>>
>>28248986
ok bud
>>
>>28249056
You've never heard of SMICE
>>
>>28249056

>not sure if grunt or civilian

>>28249076

I've known it as MICE(R), did they change it up?
>>
File: 1218152151[1].jpg (796KB, 2048x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1218152151[1].jpg
796KB, 2048x1350px
>>28249076
i've met the 'spies' you're talking about, and i've 'gathered' plenty of 'HUMINT' kid. fuck off
>>
>>28249096
>>28249118
>>
>>28248734
To extrapolate on that, a huge wealth of our Intel during the Cold War was not green berets grabbing Ivan and slapping him around, it was befriending dimitri, the secretary at the local soviet embassy and turning him to your side to send in reports about what he sees going down in the office.

The Americans tv series is very dramatic, but does a good job of showing how spies actually recruit agents and utilize them to gather intelligence and not just sexy James Bond stuff (though there's a lot of that too)
>>
>>28248492
Fcuk. Link to old thead?
>>
>>28249285
I'll try to find it for you. Unless James Bond wants to come back and find it for you lol.
>>
>>28249118
What group? How do you like group?
>>
>>28249285
I scanned through about a third of the archive, kind of makes me regret posting on this ridiculous site lol, sorry bro

>>28249347
retired, 20 years, loved it. not going to go much more into it here, sorry man
>>
>>28249118

I eat my words. But I think you saw a sort of intelligence gathering that doesn't quite correlate to the sort of white-collar spying that I'm talking about.
>>
>>28249386
When CIA was involved in our stuff, it was us helping them. They were white guys with beards, "wrangling" brown guys with beards. as i said, the days of Bond, James Bond in america is pretty much over. I have no doubt that russia and israel still use those kinds of tactics though, for what it's worth
>>
>>28249118
>look, I bought a hat off the internet

Not fooling anyone, faggot
>>
>>28249356

Did you Uphold Democracy? ^__^
>>
>>28249406
lol alright bro, don't know what else you want. want to see my iraqi police force ID? too fucking bad.
>>
>>28249403

Eh. I suspect you were removed from the stuff typically done via embassies, official cover and all of that. Intelligence conducted in a war zone in which we have military presence is going to be different than how we conduct it in say, mainland China.
>>
>>28249403

Thank you for your service, but I have no doubt that the CIA has assets and conducts operations hat the green berets aren't aware of.
>>
>>28249403
>as i said, the days of Bond, James Bond in america is pretty much over.
Bond is English, ya silly cunt
>>
File: 1218152242[1].jpg (763KB, 2048x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1218152242[1].jpg
763KB, 2048x1350px
>>28249406
>>28249417
ehh fuck it.

this was issued for interrogations. this gave me permission to carry an AK around the embassy. Again, i dont know what else you want. i dont need to prove myself to kids like you, but you caught me at a good (buzzed) time.
>>
>>28249447
Bourne, whatever lol
>>
>>28249452

CHEERS! Drink em if you got em.
>>
>>28249048
> moist asses bookworm
> no socially skills

Are you saying I can be a spy anon?
>>
>>28249464
Bourbon ;)
>>
>>28249403

I think that's a nice way of saying

>The civilian agency outsourced some of their dirty work to a military unit, and showed none of their cards in return.

Edward Follis complained pretty heavily of the CIA in Afghanistan burning his people. Claims it's the first time that he ever lost an informant. Heavily implied that the CIA used the DEA to remove the top players in the heroin trade, then replaced them with their own boys.
>>
>>28249452

Thank you for your service. Wish I had the health to see what I could do in the military. Im gonna look back when I'm older and see how much I've wasted my life being an accountant. Hell, I've already realized that fact and I've still got 35 years to retirement; guess thats why im drinkin the heavy stuff tonight. cheers bud.
>>
>>28249486
its not all glory, friend. My back and knees are shot, I have TBI and probably PTSD, my eardrums are done, lost friends.. that's why we drink too buddy. cheers
>>
>>28249486
>Thank you for your service.
Yeah, he sure helped turn Iraq into a stable democracy
>>
>>28249480
My "house" had a nice poppy garden out front for a good month, then all of the sudden it was cut down, and we had to move lol. take from that what you will
>>
>>28249486

Hey, at least you didn't hand Iraq over to ISIS.
>>
>>28249521
I don't make policy, brother. But yeah, keep believing everything your professors tell you ;)
>>
>>28249480

It is dirty work. It is what it is. People always go nuts about the Agency but act like every other fucking state sponsored intelligence apparatus throughout history were basket weaving agents of love and happiness who only tried to benefit everyone on the planet by being love filled loving at harmony with the one world we are all in the same love of helping man dindus.
Song related.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Yjd1hLJSKg
>>
>>28249536

Why do shitlibs hate the military so much?
>>
>>28249536
>thinks professors tell students the dumb military animals are in charge of foreign policy

shit, if that were the case the entire world would be ashes by now
>>
>>28249548
hey, at least we can agree on something.
>>
>>28249544
Because the need of a military reminds them daily their words are ultimately impotent.
>>
>>28249518

I wasn't assuming it was easy by any means. I've had asthma all my life that makes me use an inhalor every 2-3 hours to keep from passing out, found my brother dead a couple years ago and had to make the call to my parents, and started high blood pressure medicine last week because i've got somethin wrong with my heart (i'm 6'1 180, have no reason for 158 over 104 blood pressure).

just sayin wish i had a chance to have had a part in what you were doin.

>>28249521

iraq went to shit because of politicians, our military did a damned good job; if you blame any of iraq's current problems on our military then you are a fucking moron.
>>
>>28249554

Not even the same guy, but like that guy implied, even the dumbest shithead in the military could tell the US didn't invade Iraq to set up some shining beacon of democracy.

Just admit it, you signed up for the bennies.
>>
>>28249542

Oh, I know this. Believe me. Perhaps I'm particularly militant in my stance on HUMINT because most of my mentors in my adult life have been retired CIA.
>>
File: tumblr_nda7kmwfBI1tcgfx0o1_1280.png (673KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nda7kmwfBI1tcgfx0o1_1280.png
673KB, 1024x576px
>>28249581

How much activities like this go on with the CIA?
>>
>>28249567
>our military did a damned good job
>failed their primary mission of suppressing the insurgency

Good enough for government work, I guess.
>>
>>28249567
I hear you man, but you can still do your part. I still volunteer with WWP and the USO. Don't roll your eyes, you'd be amazed at how much that stuff actually helps.

And the same thing that happened to us in Somalia happened in Iraq: we pulled out too early. If we had stayed and finished the job, nobody would have ever heard of ISIL/ISIS
>>
>>28249599

I'm not that big of a guy, and I'm not CIA.
>>
>>28249599
goofy, but probably more accurate than any of us would like to believe
>>
>>28249601

Their primary mission was removing Saddam and installing a democracy, which they did. And by all metrics, they did a great job at suppressing the insurgency; study history and find me another instance of a country invading another country halfway around the world and not facing a massive insurgency; Iraq was relatively stable until the military pulled out.
>>
>>28249618

Do you think they shoot guys before throwing them out of planes?
>>
>>28248281

WhY is Mac giving me an ocular pat down???
>>
>>28249605

Agree with you completely.

see:

>>28249626

I'll look at volunteering, i give some to the WWP but i'd love to do more, i know they've built a couple houses around here.
>>
Since there is no Middle East general up yet and another asshole like this was discussed earlier I'll drop this guys page in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Mohamed
>>
>>28249536
>I don't make policy, brother.
I know, I still don't know what you're being thanked for though.
>>
>>28249626
>relatively stable
>multiple bombings every day for years
>bought support purely with money and without building any trust
>Sons of Iraq became ISIL

Sounds like a great counter-insurgency success story right there.
>>
>>28248281
CIA Officers are basically socialites. They live in an embassy under a bullshit post attend parties and charm people into stealing government secrets for them.
>>
>>28249700
because while your pussy ass was playing pokemon at home, kids were out there doing a job. none of us asked to be thanked, its just something that happens. and honestly, most of us don't even know what to say when we hear that. "Y-you too"
but we get it man, you don't believe in war. you voted for obama, twice. black lives matter. caitlyn jenner is a beautiful, classy woman. we get it.
>>
>>28249708

The Romans had one hell of a time in former Carthaginian Iberia. It was the posting that every legionnaire dreaded. When you put that shit in context it isn't so bad.
>>
>>28249708

you need to understand what "relative" means. If you study history you'll see I'm right. Its impossible to keep shit heads from committing suicide bombings, but the US military kept it to a low level and allowed Iraq to hold elections and kept their government safe and prevented a civil war. And yes, while they were there they prevented something like ISIS from forming. The military did a phenomenal job with what they were handed.
>>
>>28248322
the analysts are, yes.

then you have the paramilitaries. these are usually ex-mil hardchargers, usually from high speed units. think the horse riding guys in afghanistan back in the day.

then you have the non-paramilitary field operatives. these guys and girls are the people that run agents, that is, foreigners recruited to spy on behalf. during the cold war this is what people meant by 'spy'. this is human intelligence. it might be coupled with some breaking and entering but generally you get people with access to do this for you. these people can be ex-mil or just civillians. usually they get into these jobs because they are really good with people and really good at making friends. they might have been recruited (really transferred for a career change) from military intelligence, they might have joined as an analyst and transferred. usually you join civillian services as an analyst/desk jockey to start with and you have to demonstrate an aptitude to do anything else.

each country will do this a bit differently. for example the uk seems to recruit paramilitaries on a job by job basis from their special forces. the us of course has a dedicated section of the cia. both have large crossover with military personel.
>>
>>28249452

Maybe you can't talk about this, but what did your job entailed?
>>
>>28249766
What i've always wondered, is are there CIA field ops IN the military? Like an internal headhunter, so to speak?
>>
>>28248918
>you can call them 'agents' all you want, but in reality, its someone that SOF captured and smacked around for a couple weeks and then handed back over to the CIA operative.

there is a whole big world outside of afghanistan and iraq m8. it isn't all body of lies.
>>
If anyone fucked up the middle east in modernity it was April Glaspie.

YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN LIKE NO! DON'T ROLL THE DAMN ARMOR ACROSS THE BORDER.

Without the invasion of Kuwait we would have an entirely different sitrep right now.
>>
>>28249798

Probaby. Bowe Bergdahl's squadron thought he was a spook before his extraction went to hell and he got captured.
>>
>>28249796
Well at that point, my job entailed breaking jaws.

But before that, we'd get intel on where so and so was, fuck his shit up or bring him in, rinse, repeat.
>>
>>28249452
>this gave me permission to carry an AK around the embassy

wut
>>
>>28248341
Aside from Alejandro I thought he was the best character in the movie. Wish he had a bigger role. Uber creepy, autistic nerd with a pedo moustache but operator skills to boot.
>>
>>28249809
>But we have no opinion on the Arab-Arab conflicts, like your border disagreement with Kuwait. I was in the American Embassy in Kuwait during the late 1960s. The instruction we had during this period was that we should express no opinion on this issue and that the issue is not associated with America. James Baker has directed our official spokesmen to emphasize this instruction. We hope you can solve this problem using any suitable methods via Klibi (Chedli Klibi, Secretary General of the Arab League) or via President Mubarak. All that we hope is that these issues are solved quickly.

Why do we keep putting women in charge of things that matter?
>>
File: 1218152323[1].jpg (836KB, 2048x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1218152323[1].jpg
836KB, 2048x1350px
>>28249817
>>
>>28249798

The Agency has internal sniffer dogs looking for people fucking up. The Agency doesn't have to have scouts out like baseball guys recruiting for rambos from the Military for SAD. It all kinda mushes together.
>>
>>28249838
why an ak?
>>
>the gang goes undercover
>>
>>28249812

I suppose that you operated in some form of team. Did you knew of anyone operating solo?
>>
>>28249857
This.
>>
>>28248281
your run of the mill spies are beta as fuck

forced/blackmailed into gathering and sharing secrets
>>
>>28249753

It's perfectly clear, "relative" is a weasel word. The US military was handed a terrible situation, and they executed a short-sighted counter-insurgency plan based on bribes and mistrust, and measured their progress with powerpoint slides. As soon as they left Iraq immediately imploded, as everyone expected.

Saying that others fared worse is not a qualifier for success. The US government had a clear-cut plan for Iraq and they failed miserably to implement it, because the insurgency was not defeated.
>>
>>28249853
because that's what they used bro
>>
This actually isn't a bad thread.

Linking this because lulzing.

RIP FAT RALPH.

http://howardyasgarstories.blogspot.com/2011/11/haiti-bombing-story.html
>>
>>28249905

No, actually. A small interjection: the State Department had a clear-cut plan for Iraq. It was scrapped because Donald Rumsfeld didn't want Colin Powell involved in the Iraq rebuilding process. They then improvised everything while handing everything over to seedy contractors.

The US Military was basically asked to fix the shit that Rummy and company broke with no blueprint after the political class pretty much irrevocably fucked shit up.
>>
>>28249859
i'm not saying we did it, but there were people that did. someone else touched on the cia/dea thing earlier, closer to that than a "lone wolf delta guy"
>>
>>28248281
>be white yet still walk confidently through the ghetto unarmed
I do that every day and twice on Sundays, and im no operational operator
>>
>>28249732
No, I'm quite pro-military, I just think the Iraq war was objectively fucking retarded on every level and you don't deserve to be "thanked" for your part in it.
>>
>>28249935
again, something we both agree on.
>>
File: 1419303718585.png (406KB, 667x1517px) Image search: [Google]
1419303718585.png
406KB, 667x1517px
>>28248382

Motherfucking this. Guns/marksmanship is indeed a craft and skill, but 70% rule totally applies here. Much easier to teach a nerd to PT and shoot decently than it is to teach a door-kicker social engineering and microbiology. HUMINT and other weenies are perfect to augment and round out these teams.
>>
>>28249935

He's still a vet.

>>28249924

Thank you for taking the time to anwser my questions.
>>
>>28249732
>you voted for obama, twice
i voted for Obama twice because I support his dictatorial use of drone strikes and funneling weapons into Mexico to keep it destabilized
>>
There is an need for alphas but its really just type A personalities who know when to show it.

It really comes down to who can do this the best:

S
A
D
R
A
T

Anyone able to fill in the acronym?
>>
>>28249991
When was the last time you thanked a paramedic for their service?
>>
File: 2015-05-05 07.28.28.jpg (123KB, 339x443px) Image search: [Google]
2015-05-05 07.28.28.jpg
123KB, 339x443px
>>28248919

Underated post.
>>
>>28249991
No problem man, and I don't sweat the thank you thing, seriously. You have to be there to understand it. I was a combat medic for the majority of my career. I still get cards from my guys every year, and i'd like to think that i had a small part in getting them home.

Ok i'm drunk, getting a little too nostalgic lol
>>
>>28249626

Mongols did a better job. So did the British Empire
>>
>>28249922
great read, thanks for the link
>>
>>28249825

What was the movie??
>>
>>28250009
literally everytime i pull up next to one. thumbs up everytime. fag
>>
>>28249923

Feith and Wolfowitz will burn in hell for fucking up an entire country.
>>
>>28250135

President Bush warned the motherfuckers in the Middle East and Southwestern Asia what was going to fucking happen.

He also warned the American people that it would be a long, long fight.

" Now, this war will not be like the war against Iraq a decade ago, with a decisive liberation of territory and a swift conclusion. It will not look like the air war above Kosovo two years ago, where no ground troops were used and not a single American was lost in combat.

Our response involves far more than instant retaliation and isolated strikes. Americans should not expect one battle, but a lengthy campaign unlike any other we have ever seen. It may include dramatic strikes visible on TV and covert operations secret even in success.

We will starve terrorists of funding, turn them one against another, drive them from place to place until there is no refuge or no rest."

Sorry baby we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
>>
>>28250135

God forbid the US military refuse to execute their criminal orders.

Didn't the US hang a bunch of Nazis for just following orders?
>>
>>28250197

De-Baathification was a mistake.

Tommy Franks called Feith
>the stupidest fucking guy on the planet

Disenfranchising the Sunni Iraqi army lead to the insurgency.
>>
>>28250211

I thought a bunch of them an-heroed?

No?
>>
>>28250237

Big picture. Grand strategic. Who is killing more Muslims worldwide right now? Russia? The US? Or other Muslims?
>>
>>28250237
Say what you will about saddam, but iraq was (relatively) secular before we removed him. then we fucked up the remaining army. then we left. this created a huge power vacuum that unfortunately was filled with extremist religion.
>>
>>28250274
>that unfortunately was filled with extremist religion.

Say what you will about racism, Arabs just can't into peace and quiet
>>
>>28249630
dude they did that by the hundreds in my country, and they werent even commandos. Search for argentinian's "death flights".
>>
>>28250274

Yep. Iraq is a country drawn up with colonialist borders. In reality, it should have been three countries.

It takes a strong man to keep control of that and Saddam was the least bad option compared to what we have now.

Its the same situation as Libya. The entire world, and Libya as well was better off with Ghadaffi in charge.
>>
>>28250259

Locals always kill more locals. Doesn't mean that crime isn't a problem just because local gangbangers mostly kill other gangbangers. I don't know what you are getting at. Lets stick our dick in the hornet nest?
>>
>>28250259
>having Arabs kill each other when they spawn like blowflies is the grand strategic plan of the US government

I'd like to say edgy but this is just fucking stupid
>>
>>28250322

Not jump in and fuck the hornets nest? Are you an isolationist? What the fuck did you think we were doing during the cold war with the Soviets?

Or are you young even to be one those neo-Russophile types who think that Putin is fighting for all things holy and Christian and anti-degenerate and you loves the fucking reds because of it?
>>
what the hell is going on in this thread haha holy shit
>>
>>28250302
>In reality, it should have been three countries.
Three countries that would have gone to war with each other at the drop of a hat, don't even deny that shit.
>>
>>28250352

You should read more published neocon doctrine from prior to Iraqi Freedom then. rifk. The plan from the beginning was that the dominoes would topple in the Middle East.

Not Southwest Asia though because nukes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xueIOACk0iw
>>
>>28250372

Lol getting drunk.

RIP MIKE SPANN.
>>
>>28250292
say what you will about bush, but i still prefer him to obama.
>>
>>28250382

Which they are now anyways. And we could have avoided it. Instead we ended up with the borders we had and we could have just let Saddam be. But we didn't. I bet there is honey in that hornets nest and free oil. Imma stick my dick in it.
>>
If someone had just made a middle east war general tred this abomination of a tred would not be flourishing.
>>
>>28250414
Say what you will about US politics, it's still better than living in Iran.
>>
>>28250387

Well if the neocons wanted chaos they got it. I wish I was the guy selling hellfire missiles.
>>
>>28250434

Shit what we should have done back before Kuwait was really get Saddam on our side as a regional enforcer and replaced all that faggot ass French and Soviet shit with fucking our Armor, Air and well, maybe brown water. Whole different world though.
>>
>>28250438
those threads are full of terrorists anyways anon

would you rather be on a cia watchlist or an nsa watchlist? doesn't matter, you're on an fbi watchlist now
>>
>>28250450

The world really wasn't that stable in the first place. Everyone always wants to BLAH BLAH BLAH about MIC or CIA or ISIS skin color or religion or country or this or that. It is just nature rule anon-san not mine. Look at skeletons that they dig up from 5000 years ago. Stabbed, broken bones, murdered. It isn't new. It is as it was.

Humanity is the devil.
>>
File: GALoP[1].jpg (21KB, 432x319px) Image search: [Google]
GALoP[1].jpg
21KB, 432x319px
>>28250468

Like when we were providing military advisers and hardware to him during the Iran-Iraq war?
>>
File: ISA_badge.jpg (99KB, 799x873px) Image search: [Google]
ISA_badge.jpg
99KB, 799x873px
cia aint shit nigga. when the agency fails, send in the activity.
>>
>>28250488

Nah the v& knows who I am already. The puzzle palace has got my number but they have everyone's number and I don't think the Agency gives a shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkISZGzyJ_M
>>
>>28250505

I get the human nature thing, but some Iraqi shitting in the street wasn't gonna bury his axe in me. He only attacked my people when we went over there.

My money, and the blood of my countrymen was spent for what?

C'est la vie
>>
>>28250530
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_Space_Agency
>>
>>28248695
lol that HUMINT is the best counterterrorism tool
>>
>>28250434
>Which they are now anyways.
Yeah, I just find the argument laughable, that the Middle-East would be a peaceful place if only it was further divided on ethnic/religious lines.

Like what the *fuck* kind of logic is that?

The most ridiculous form of that argument I've ever seen didn't divide Iraq into 3 countries, but more like 10 countries (yeah, that'll end well).
>>
>>28250506

Look at the numbers for absolute dollar spending in military support to Iraq during those years.

Go down the country list from top to bottom. You will be ready for bed and a nice snooze when you get to the US because it is the bottom.

Remember that highway of death? Whose tanks were there?
>>
File: CRSKEI8[1].jpg (111KB, 620x936px) Image search: [Google]
CRSKEI8[1].jpg
111KB, 620x936px
>>28250547
>>
So what's the best weapon a spy uses?

Other than money.
>>
I bet the 14 year old that started this COD:bait ops thread stopped checking it 2 hours ago when his mom made him go take a bath
>>
>>28250547
nigga fucking neck yourself. centra spike took out pablo escobar fuck whatever bullshit youre talking about. im talking some real call of duty black ops 2 shit.
>>
>>28249118
Damn, that's 5th Special Forces Group
>>
>>28250551

So its our job to keep them in line?

Leave them to their own devices. Its not 1978 anymore, we don't need OPEC
>>
>>28250570

Depends on environment and targets and longevity of whatever the fuck they are doing.
>>
>>28250580
youre cool as fuck this thread is some tier 1 intel
>>
>>28250588
No, I agree, leave the whole mess to sort itself out.
>>
>>28250559

So you think we should have spent a lot more money arming up Saddam during Iran-Iraq.

Its an interesting thought. With more help he might have prevented the Persian counterattack into his country.... but he really didn't have good position or good ground to defend.

I wish there was more information about that war. Its easy to read about most western wars but there isn't any good literature that I know of about that one, considering its scale and effects.
>>
>>28250609
you're pretty cool yourself

>>28250584
;)

how's everybody doing with the street signs and fish pictures? fuck
>>
>>28250632
Got Legacy Captcha, fuck that picture shit
>>
SIGINT was here, HUMINT are fags
>>
>>28250622

Agreed. Cheers mate.

BTW something with 4 wheels is not a tricycle
>>
>>28250627
>Its easy to read about most western wars but there isn't any good literature that I know of about that one

Because the two belligerents were both fascist dictatorships that think they won.
>>
>>28250632
>>28250675
captcha are the true terrorists, psyops and shit
>>
>>28250627

Iran Iraq? Hold let me get you some good titles/

The Iraq-Iran War Islam and Nationalisms -Zemzemi

Gulf Security and The Iran Iraq War -Naff

Saddam's Iraq Revolution or Reaction? CARDI (hesitant on this because bias but it has great info)

The Iran Iraq War The Politics OF aggression Rajaee (excellent)

The Longest War -Hiro (Again excellent)

The Lessons of Modern War II Wagner (very dry but /k/ would love it..pretty much a play by play of troop movements and order of battle for every engagement, if you are into, and then LT. Fuckface sent his armor over the hill and three guys with (naming all the armor and rotary wing assets) and blew up Lt. Cockmaster.

brb drink
>>
>>28250702

Thanks, anon. I will look into these.

I like that here on /k/ in this shitty OP of a thread, we were able to have a fun conversation.

I don't want to say its like finding a diamond in the rough.

Its more like finding an undigested peanut in a pile of elephant shit. But I wouldn't have it any other way.
>>
>>28248443

FUCK.
>>
>>28250655

Gordon for life.
>>
>>28250737

Yeah when you read them it will be a lot of tactics, Islamic weird ass politics, WHAT THE FUCK WITH WERE THEY THINKING? WHY DID THEY SEND THOSE BOATS INTO A COVE WHERE THERE WAS AN ISLAND WITH DOODS ON BOTH SIDES? Also a lot of rage (the kids the ayatollahs sent to get mowed down).

Also eternal Filipino monkey.

http://articles.latimes.com/1987-11-12/news/mn-20462_1_filipino-monkey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYHZjnDyWVI
>>
>>28250793

Yeah I know about the kids waiving the books as they ran through minefields and into machine guns.

Reminds me of Soviet penal brigade "trompers" or whatever they called them.

And I enjoy dry books that lay out what individual units were doing. If I wanted a brief overview, there is wiki (barf).

I read a good book about the battle of Kursk that went into great detail about every little engagement and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Cheers
>>
>>28250840

Light and Life.

Sleep well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXVAmyzB2Pw
>>
>>28250025
We're you a 68w in Batt before becoming 18 series or is this another guy?
>>
File: 1335372519751.gif (1MB, 227x266px) Image search: [Google]
1335372519751.gif
1MB, 227x266px
>>28250840
>Yeah I know about the kids waiving the books as they ran through minefields and into machine guns.

You read about the Iraqis putting electrical wires into swampy areas and frying whole platoons of Iranians at a time?

Or building bridges out of dead people to cross ditches?

Can't find the link, but its some real Grimdark shit
>>
its cool and scary knowing that there's operatives and sog guys on here
>>
>>28251088

Man I would love to hear about that if anybody could dig that up. Real life is crazier than fiction.
>>
>>28251240

No anon there are drunk people here being drunk on the internets.

Everyone here fought for cracky chan.
>>
>>28251287
ok good, you operators had me going for a minute there
>>
>>28251280
A start
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Marshes

>On 27 February, Iran finally captured Majnoon Island, but lost 49 of their own helicopters shot down by Iraqi jet fighters. Fighting took place in waters over 2 meters deep at times. Iraq in response to the attacks ran live electrical cables through the water, electrocuting numerous Iranian troops and then displaying their corpses on state television
>>
>>28251318

Hold back the night.
>>
>>28249415
You can uphold deez nuts.
>>
>>28251332
>but lost 49 of their own helicopters shot down by Iraqi jet fighters

That's an absolute slaughter
>>
>>28249798
They do keep spooks in the military whose job it basically is to wait till a traitor fucks up. Military hates it when a traitor shows up and its especially embarrassing for them if someone from the Agency finds them before they do.

>>28249817
Embassies are literally notorious for their covering of the covert ops and they DO have 'security' forces.
>>
testing
>>
>>28250840
>Yeah I know about the kids waiving the books as they ran through minefields and into machine guns.

What would one google to read about this?
>>
>>28251514
>Embassies are literally notorious for their covering of the covert ops and they DO have 'security' forces.

How many US embassies use AKs?
>>
>>28248281
alpha enough to be disposable at a drop of a pin
>>
>>28251587
>drop of a pin

the saying is "at the drop of a hat"
>>
>>28251562
Unofficially they keep some of whatever is popular locally for different jobs. It makes them harder to figure out who was really behind anything that they do. Its a very common trick.

Chances at that embassy was one where AKs were popular/common.

>>28248281
Best spies are unnoticed spies.
>>
>>28249452
Is this a fucking joke? SF posting anon on a board like 4chan? Riiiiiight.
>>
>>28251542
>>28251542

Sorry I was looking all over for references but I read it in a book.

The Ayatollah preached to young rural religious Shi'ah kids and got them all fired up. They would carry a book with religious sayings with no weapons and charge into battle, they were run at minefields and machinegun nests to overwhelm the Iraqis then the regular troops would follow.

Fuck I can't find the reference, but it is well known that this happened several times.

They were often young teenagers.
>>
>>28248919
This would make you an agent.
>>
>>28250119
image search says it is Sicario
>>
>>28251562
pretty sure that dude was American posing as Iraq security forces, at least that's what I got out of it
>>
>>28249977
You mean governments train people with a STEM education to be operators and do intel because it's easier than the opposite?
>>
>>28250004
shit
anus
dick
rimjob
ass
titties
>>
File: bateman.gif (971KB, 500x490px) Image search: [Google]
bateman.gif
971KB, 500x490px
>>28249999
>>
>>28253590
the real operator
>>
>>28253599
>that actually got a reply
welp, now that i've gotten my daily validation quota filled i think it's time for me to go to bed
>>
>>28253590
>>28253711
2 (You)s for (You)

now you don't have to post for the rest of the year
>>
>>28253720
thank you friend

no more cold, lonely, sleepless nights for me

<3
>>
>>28251542

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0971385254
>>
>>28253295
>>28253295
Please respond.

Can a guy with high-level skills in information security get recruited to do cool guy stuff?
>>
>>28254451

no. fat ass. you can get secret clearance for IT work but not jason bourne work in public sector.
>>
>>28254469
Doesn't the CIA and NSA (with TAO) do stuff that involves both, though?
Snowden was pretty much a real-life (and more realistic) Jason Bourne
>>
File: SPOOKY skeleton.jpg (145KB, 694x488px) Image search: [Google]
SPOOKY skeleton.jpg
145KB, 694x488px
>>28250004
Special activities division
>>
>>28254496

most of those functions are privatized with third parties, see SAIC, Rapid7, and Northrup Grumman.
>>
File: 1391789682001.jpg (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1391789682001.jpg
12KB, 400x400px
>>28251332
>>28251435
It takes a special kind of stupid to lose 50 choppers.

Either way, i guess that's why saddam drained the swamps? We found a weird sort of catsnake in one of those areas. I mean, it was a mammal, like a weasel, but really weird. Wish i still had the pictures.
>>
What's the closest you can get to actually being a spy in the military aside from special forces? HUMINT?
>>
>>28254629
So nowadays, spies work for private organizations?
>>
File: Pat-McNamara-TMACs-Inc-620.png (395KB, 620x378px) Image search: [Google]
Pat-McNamara-TMACs-Inc-620.png
395KB, 620x378px
Pretty alpha
>>
>>28254715
You don't really. You might handle informants. I guess there is site exploitation, I know a guy thatt did that
>>
>>28250539

Global stability/economy

The world's economy is incredibly global, and disruptions in power elsewhere effect the prices and availability of goods here. Saddam stopped playing nice with us, and was dicking around in a region that threatened the stability of oil.

Same reason we're doing all that dickwaving with China in the South China Sea. They're not a "threat" in the conventional term of the word, but that region has something like 70% of the world's shipping passing through it. The US not being able to control it is a potentially huge problem.

Nipping shit in the bud so to speak.
>>
>>28249577

I signed up to see a war, actually. It's a really unique human experience and I didn't want to miss out.
>>
>>28255047
What if I want to do tech/computer stuff but I also want to see deployment and not sit on my ass all day
>>
>>28255246

They generally dont put the computer/tech stuff out where theres a significant risk of bullets/bombs.
>>
>>28249118

Welcome to /k/. Your chuckles at our ignorance are appreciated. But whenever you try to showboat, be ready to deal with anime, my little pony, and cawadoody faggots en masse.

Best to stay a quiet professional.
>>
>>28255307
Alright, replace deployment with "any kind of field work which doesn't involve dicking around in an office all day" then
>>
>>28255246
Go become 18E
>>
>>28255328
>mfw the second I saw that pic, I knew these faggots would scare him off with the "HURR nice hat off ebay faggot"
>or anime nonsense

wish we could have heard some more stories
>>
>>28248443
Holy fuck
>>
>>28249452
Please stories and drink more it's good for your health
>>
>>28255481
I think you meant "go be an"
>>
>>28249732

>all of these implications
>>
>>28249118
This is Navy SEAL level showboating.
>>
>>28250297

>Argentina
>>
>>28251280
http://articles.latimes.com/1990-08-14/news/wr-831_1_saddam-hussein

>>28254645
>Either way, i guess that's why saddam drained the swamps?
He drained them to punish the people living around them for whatever reason, turned it into desert.
>>
>>28255943
No, you must become 18E
>>
>>28250004
So what is it?
>>
>>28255970
fucking kek
>>
sup long tabber

how do you like your sot-as?
>>
>>28250297

Why did they wear masks?
>>
File: 1311603778372.jpg (91KB, 323x323px) Image search: [Google]
1311603778372.jpg
91KB, 323x323px
>>28250647

>wanting to decipher and type out garbled letters

You gay son?
>>
>>28255163
We don't seem to foster any kind of stability though, and instead just stifle any kind of growth while justifying it as a "necessary" sacrifice to keep the global economic machine running. It's like the employers who say, "If we didn't work our employees 18 hours a day we wouldn't be able to turn a profit", but we know that people work better when they have less hours. Another one is, "If we cooperate with growing countries instead of containing them they will take over the world", when in reality we benefit greatly from developing other countries instead of crushing them. "Stability" seems to just be another way of saying "U.S Dominance" but can you say that the people of the U.S are dominant or their ruling class is?

>Nipping shit in the bud so to speak.
This is super edgy, but it's what people seem to actually believe.

Why do you repeat it? Does it make you feel good that you have the same view as the few people who benefit from this arrangement?
>>
The stupid guys work in the field, and the smart guys are handlers.
>>
File: Esjgfhn.jpg (701KB, 1537x1917px) Image search: [Google]
Esjgfhn.jpg
701KB, 1537x1917px
>>28259868
>The stupid guys work in the field

Does this guy look stupid?
>>
>>28248671

>80% of agents are recruited by a small number of officers.

This is called the pareto principle, or the 80/20 rule. It's true in most fields.
>>
>>28250506
>Like when we were providing military advisers and hardware to him during the Iran-Iraq war?

This!

That's why in Gulf War I and II, the US had to square off against Iraqis shooting M-16s, driving M1 tanks, and flying F-16s. Because we'd armed them.

If the communists had armed Iraq, then the Iraqis would have been shooting AKs, driving T-72s, and flying MiGs, right? Game, set, and fucking match. Bush armed Saddam Hussein in the 1980s, QED. Learn some history.

If this were youtube, the title would be like "Jon Stewart DESTROYES neocons with logic and facts".
>>
>>28254715

Google DIA.

When the soviet union fell, a lot of former KGB defected or went public, so your best bet if you want to know about the spy game is reading that stuff. Christopher Andrews is a historian at Cambridge; he's written books with Vasili Mitrokhin and Oleg Gordievsky (KGB archivist and rezident/station chief London). Several other defectors have written books as well; Viktor Suvorov comes from the GRU, which was the military rival to the KGB. His books are /k/-tier soapboxing but packed with information for the amateur.

SF anon was involved in operational intelligence, as opposed to strategic intelligence. Both are types of HUMINT but different in focus and methods. You don't use the same tactics to recruit a copy clerk in Moscow that you use to squeeze information out of a jihadi you've got forces already in theater fighting.

For most intelligence officers, carrying a gun is ridiculous unless it's part of their cover story. That's the realm of strategic intelligence gathering. Most have diplomatic cover, and the illegals usually have covers that would be compromised if a weapon was found on them. If you're blown, a 9mm won't save you from teh full resources of a nation state. Your best defense is remaining undetected.

What you need to be is alert, socially adept, intelligent, discrete, and have excellent language skills. Get good grades, stay out of trouble, and develop some bankable skills.

Especially languages that don't match your ethnicity. IE, ideally a jew who speaks chinese, a chinese guy who speaks arabic, and arab who speaks perfect spanish, and a latino who speaks excellent hebrew.
>>
>>28249905

Yeah my wife was baking a cake the other day. I fucking TOLD her that it would never work and that the whole thing was a waste of time. She finished, stuck it in the oven, and set the timer for 30 minutes. The whole time, I was telling her it was a bad idea.

Sure enough, five minutes in, I pushed her out of the way, popped open the oven, and pulled the cake out. It was a total mess. This PROVES that cakes are a quagmire and it was all her fucking fault for trying to bake it in the first place.
>>
>>28260367
Surprised noone here has mentioned the Bond movies. They are very popular and true to life.
>>
>>28260822

Oh fuck off.
>>
>>28250793
>MFK /k/ with a radio trolling in tense standoffs between warships

The Iranian ship had locked its weapons radar onto the U.S. warship, which was warning it in no uncertain terms to stand down. The warning was repeated three times until the Filipino Monkey added his own.

"Iranian warship, Iranian warship," he said. "You gonna get it now."
>>
>>28259895
He kinda looks like Larry from Burn Notice. Cold blooded motherfucker.
Thread posts: 246
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.