[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NEW 9MM HANDGUN, FIRST TIME BUYER

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 1399349014056.jpg (11KB, 265x297px) Image search: [Google]
1399349014056.jpg
11KB, 265x297px
***FUN ALERT***

Mother is dead set on buying her one of those 9mm pistols because the ammo is common and cheap, y'know, just in case.

Certainly nothing fullsize, and nothing with shitty capacity. Nothing $200 cheap, and nothing $800 expensive.

I've just about convinced her to buy a Glock 19 or 26, which ever fits her hand better. Anything else I should consider?
>>
CZs are popular
>>
>>28105114
Which models specifically should I focus on?

Furthermore, which gun stores should I look for to try 'em on?
>>
File: compensated Glock.jpg (48KB, 475x457px) Image search: [Google]
compensated Glock.jpg
48KB, 475x457px
>>28105107
Is the Glock too manly for dear old mom?
>>
>>28105107
Will she be carrying? If not, why would she not want a fullsize?

For grip, a 19 and 26 are only different in the length, all other dimensions are the same. I recommend having her try other guns with narrower or more ergonomic grips as well for fit since the double stack glocks aren't very different from each other.
>>
>>28105212
It's nice to have the option available, plus she's a woman with small hands.
>>
>>28105278
Fair enough, I still maintain that for small hands, girth and trigger reach will be a bigger issue than grip length. Check on M&Ps, H&K P30, Sigs and CZs as well Since they offer varying grip girth and of course all have compact models as well.
>>
>>28105107
Walther ccp
>>
>>28105349
Forgot image
>>
>>28105278
its easier for weak people like women to shoot fullsize guns compared to smaller versions

for most people a 26 will intially be hard as shit to shoot compared to a 19/17 the extra weight reduces recoil and nothings wrong with having more area to grip

another thing is the smaller you go the harder it is to rack the gun cause smaller guns require stronger springs to cycle
>>
M&P Shield
>>
>>28105390
I disagree, the smaller the grip, the more you can get your hands around it. The easier to control.

The weight might also be an issue, she's at least 50 years old--and so light weight is a bonus in this instance.
>>
>>28105422
The 26 grip isn't any smaller than a 19 in a dimension that matters for small hands.
>>
>>28105422
there is no difference in grip thickness between a 17/19/26
just the length and the hump location
>>
>>28105422
You're an idiot.

Get her >>28105361 if she's going to carry it, get her something full sized if she isn't.
>>
g19
ppq
>>
>>28105422
We are talking a handful of ounces difference in weight which is insignificant for her ability to hold the gun, but very significant in the amount of recoil and flip she will experience.

Lighter and shorter slides will transmit more energy to her since the slide mass isn't as able to absorb the force, and they also require heavier recoil springs which will make it harder for her to operate.

The CCP >>28105349 mentioned gets around this with an internal gas piston.

We get it, you want to get your Mom a Glock. Just please keep in mind that there may be better guns for her.
>>
>>28105422
if weight is truly an issue where she can hold up a 26 and cant hold up a 17 in all honesty she shouldnt own a gun
if a person is that weak fucking bullets will fly everywhere when she pulls the trigger and recoil control will be non existent

forcing the smallest lightest gun possible on someone just cause they are a woman is a stupid ass mistake like recommending an s&w airweight 357magnum snubnose to a new shooter because its small and light with pink grips
it makes shooting unenjoyable
>>
>>28105503
>We get it, you want to get your Mom a Glock.
The question is, why does he hate her that much?

And seriously, a glock for a 50+ year old woman? OP is fucking retarded to the max.
>>
>>28105503
Okay, I suppose the innastore grip test will tell me what I need to know.

>G19
>M&P9
>Walther PPK/CCP
>Someone suggested browsing the Czechnology too

>>28105544
Just a fucked up shoulder, not overall weakness.
>>
>>28105550
Dude, don't get your poor 50 year old mom a god damn glock.
>>
>>28105693
She might love the damn thing, you can't know for sure!
>>
>>28105722
It's a bad fucking idea.

>Large grip
>Heavy recoil spring
>>
>>28105741
And the other options are just so much better, right?
>>
>>28105741
>Large grip
>Heavy recoil spring
i dunno what gun your talking about but its not glock
grip might be blocky but its nothing out of the ordinary same applies to the recoil springs its just average
>>
>>28105789
A couple of them are, yeah.

>>28105805
For a 50 year old lady numb nuts
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.