[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Army standards for womyn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1445291674015.jpg (72KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1445291674015.jpg
72KB, 768x1024px
So I got into an argument with my sister about the US military lowering their standards to let women in, she denies it but I know I've read this somewhere before..

For example I heard that they only require 4 pull ups now down from something like 50 (and women still can't even do the 4),

Do you bros have any sources I can reference to her?
>>
>>28098562
>50 Pull ups
Nah there wouldn't be very many servicemen if that was ever the case.

Male and female fitness standards are different
>>
>>28098590
What are the standards?
>>
>>28098600
Public record, easily searchable online.
>>
http://www.afpc.af.mil/shared/media/document/AFD-110804-054.pdf

Males <30 years
13:36 1.5 mile run
33 pushups / one minute, 42 sit ups / one minute

Females <30 years
16:22 1.5 mile run
18 push ups / one minute, 38 sit ups / one minute

>gender """""""equality"""""""""
>>
>>28098562
>I know I've read this somewhere before

Probably from sources who made it up.
>>
The standards didn't need lowering they've never been very high.

In alot of countries fitness standards are much higher now if anything. It used to be just run a mile in a lot of places.

I get what your saying women are weaker and have inferior cardio fitness to men and you are correct but it's not really something worth gloating over.

There are lots of reasons why women make inferior soldiers and fighters and their physical attributes are only the politically correct cover story.
>>
>>28098562

military women are now allowed to go into combat arms but no fucking way a single one of them will willingly go and stay there too long. It's a different world, they can get away with being inefficient in admin shit but when field ops start returning abysmal results they will quietly retire the problem.
>>
File: APFT.jpg (148KB, 412x527px) Image search: [Google]
APFT.jpg
148KB, 412x527px
>>28098630

>I get what your saying women are weaker and have inferior cardio fitness to men and you are correct but it's not really something worth gloating over.

It's not just cardio but upper body strength as well which can mean the difference between life and death in combat if you need to move a casualty into cover or to a CCP.

I'm 5' 11" and a 176 lbs without my kit on and well over 225 lbs with my kit on but I'm supposed to rely on a female soldier to drag me or fireman carry me if I get wounded while she is in her own kit?

Look at pic related -- for age group 17-21 years old a female completing 42 pushups would score 100 points which is the max score for this event. However a male soldiers would only score 60 points which is the MINIMUM score for passing.

A 17-21 year old male soldier would have to complete 71 pushups in order to score 100 points.

If they want to open the jobs to women then women should be required to perform the APFT at either the mens standards or a revised gender neutral standard for both sexes.
>>
I JUST WANT TO FUCK THAT ASS
>>
File: 1440355527486.jpg (11KB, 155x202px) Image search: [Google]
1440355527486.jpg
11KB, 155x202px
>>28098605
tfw can do all of that except sit ups

i mean I'm an overweight fuckhead who rarely exercises and I run a 9 minute mile and can do 33 pushups in a minute, but fit army girls can't do it?
>>
>>28098605
Is this really all AF fitness requirements are? Like, if you go to basic training this is the only physical requirement you have to meet? I get that there are ruck marches and other PT, but that cannot be it.

I used to do cross country in high school, and my 5k PR was 19:39. Hadn't done any meaningful running or working out for that matter in a couple years up until a few months ago (with alot of eating like shit and smoking cigarettes during that time) and I ran a 22:00 5K more or less right from my couch. 1.5 miles in 13:36 is nothing! Pushup and situp requirement is a joke too
>>
>>28101578
>Fit
>Army girls

Come on man
>>
Another interesting nugget of info "Army stats show that women are injured twice as often as men in combat training" http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/aug/26/army-stats-show-that-women-are-injured-twice-as-of/?page=all
>>
>>28101679
AF only has a few combat AFSCs. It's a lot less geared toward straight-forward combat compared to the Army, etc.

You can bet that despite AF SF having to meet that minimum, if I get even close to minimum I get "talked to."
>>
>>28098562
>still no selective service for women

save us
>>
>>28103725
>selective service lottery with a complementary dose of birth control upon evaluation, and more birth control upon induction
No more 'but I'm preggers' optout.
>>
Everything gets worse, but we call it ~progress~, and accuse anyone who disagrees of being a bigot
>>
>>28101679
>I used to do cross country in high school
so you have a massive physical advantage compared to most people that age or considering enlisting?
>>
>>28098590
There are very few military men that can do 50 pull-ups. A good friend of mine was a SEAL for 12 years and his max was 26 pull ups. He said that was about average, but there was one freakshow in his platoon that did 77 dead hang pull ups once.
>>
>50 pullups
Who here can do 50 pullups?
>>
Why is this being reposted?
>>
>>28107528
Fuck. 50. I thought the 20 I can do in a single set (25 if I push it) was good.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.