[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One in the magazine, one in the chamber..

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: st_mossbergmodel464.jpg (7KB, 233x300px) Image search: [Google]
st_mossbergmodel464.jpg
7KB, 233x300px
I just bought a Mossberg 30-30 lever action. Guy in the store said it would take 6 in the magazine tube, and 1 in the chamber. But the rifle won't hold more than 2 rounds.. One in the mag, one in the chamber. So what the fuck is this? Maybe I'm retarded, or is it some kind of factory plug that limits the magazine tube?
Please help me out, /k/
>>
>>28070446
>is it some kind of factory plug that limits the magazine tube?
Probably.
>>
load six in the mag cock the lever then load one more in the the mag. 6 in the mag 1 in the chamber
>>
On a related note, I have a lee enfield mag that only holds 9 rounds.

Is an enfield supposed to be 9+1 in the chamber, or 10+1?
>>
>>28070446
Did you inspect the mag tube to ascertain the type of blockage?

Because it sounds like you can only load 1 in
>>
>>28070577
I just opened the mag tube, no plug, only a orange plastic cap and a spring.
>>
>>28070597
So why can you not load 5 rounds into the tube?
>>
>>28070446
Probably a plug. I bought a winchester 1200 a year or so back and knew it held 4+1 and couldn't figure out why I could only load 2+1 until I realized that the last guy who owned it was a hunter. In my shitty state you can only hunt with 3 rounds in your shotgun, so he had a plug in it so nobody could ever say he broke the world's stupidest law
>>
>>28070671
Thats a federal law anon
>>
>>28070671
Fair Game is a stupid law?

Although I never understood why it was three. What if I had a four barrel shotgun?
>>
>>28070708
I always thought the idea was somehow based on double barreled shotguns.
>>
>>28070550
Did you even read the op
>>
>>28070758
Then why three instead of two?

And I always thought it was based on the two barrel system; you get two shots and have to reload. If you miss twice, well, then the game gets to run on you. A pump with a 6 capacity would be unfair in comparison, to both the game and other hunters.
>>
OP here. I just put the spring and that orange cap back in the tube.. But on a closer look, it seems like the diameter of the magtube itself is to small to fit more than 1 bullet. I tried to push the bullet with my finger trough the tube. No luck. Wtf did I just buy...
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>28070446
>>28070446
Did you load the first round all the way in? Because it's kinda hard to load the next one like that if you do. Try to load the first round up to the rim, then, leaving it in the loading hate, take the next round and push it up to the rim, repeat. Nobody plugs rifles, Trust me, I'm a cowboy
>>
>>28070794
You bought a mossman... What do you expect? Literally the only thing they do halfway decently are shotguns.
>>
>>28070794
The only thing I can say is are you sure of the calibre, are you loading the right way (face first, face last) or >>28070809
>>
>>28070782
>take AA-12 out to hunt
>3 rounds go before the deer reacts
>feel sad because only 3 rounds
>>
>>28070809
>>28070835
OP here. You were right... I just figured it out. 7 in the mag, 1 in the chamber. Works like it's supposed to. Shit, I've been trying to figure this out for more than an hour now lol
>>
>>28070782
Not sure why, I'm just gonna guess maybe some people didn't like carrying with a shell chambered so they made an exception by allowing 2+1
>>
>>28070671
not a bad law and just about every shotgun ever will come with a tube plug
>>
>>28070863
>take AA12 out to...anything
>realize it has such a ridiculously low cyclic rate you could literally shoot any Benelli or Beretta semi faster
>>
>>28070981
this so much
>AA12 is cowaduddy meme gun
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>28070953
Don't worry partner, just remember when you are having a problem, take a deep breath, and pull your head out of your ass, works wonders for me.
>>
>>28070964
Oh, like have to in the mag, but then people realized that the chamber wasn't included in the rule and rolled with it?
>>
>>28070953
The trick to loading lever guns is to stick the bullet halfway in, then use the next bullet to push it all the way in and so on and so forth. This way the bullet wont get seated retarded as fuck under the loading gate and you wont have to shove your finger into the gate to push it forward.
>>
Speaking of lever actions. Does anybody know anything about Miroku 308 rifles?
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>28071231
Cowboy guy here again, I've never seen one of their lever guns but I've had a miroku sxs 12 gauge for a few years and I can say that it's a great gun, no problems with it and it looks great
>>
>>28071231
You mean the browning rifles?

They are pretty sweet, but dont abuse the internals of it by cycling the action a shit ton of times like you would any other lever gun. The action uses gears, and you dont want the teeth getting worn or broken.
>>
File: 02_1673424411.jpg (37KB, 323x575px) Image search: [Google]
02_1673424411.jpg
37KB, 323x575px
>>28071330
>>28071330
Yeah, Browning rifles manufactured by japs.
Browning has a good reputation, and Japanese people know how to manufacture stuff.. That's my impression.
Found one online for around 350$ or so. pic related.
>>
>>28070561
10+1. All my mags hold 10 comfortably. You may just need to really squash it in there.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.