[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Homemade BP is for casuals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: 476048.jpg (142KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
476048.jpg
142KB, 880x660px
How do I make pic related at home? I like to make things people normally are too scared to make.
>>
Shit's scientific in complication, yo. You need a full on walter white getup for that noise.
>>
>>28067687
It'll cost you much, much more to make than buy
>>
Nitrocellulose and Nitroglycerin both have ways of making you regret experimenting with them.
>>
>>28067687
Op it requires a gun nut perk of 6
>>
>>28069212
Just count your fingers and other odd body parts every few minutes. If the number goes down, stop and sift through the rubble. Then go to the ER with the detached pieces, and never try that again.
>>
question op: if you were to be given the chemical formula of said powder, would you, right now without using google, be able to calculate both it's molarity and mass?

if the answer is "no" then go get a chemistry book and start reading
>>
>>28069223
This guy's just trolling, you need to install the reloading mod.
>>
Make in shed/man hut, if no hut man then make one
>>
>>28069289
Fucking kek
>>
>>28067687
Ever wonder why there's a gazillion different kinds of powder?
>Hint: shit's complicated yo
I can tell you companies have spent tens of thousands of man-hours optimizing this kind of shit. As a PhD chemist, I do not have 1% of the specialized knowledge to try to replicate this stuff.
>>
>>28069808
Not OP, but if that last statement is true you've piqued my interest. How long do you think it would take you to research on it before you felt somewhat safe/confident to attempt to replicate some?
>>
>>28070819
I'm sure most of the stuff is proprietary. The composition and major chemicals are likely to be reported or described somewhere, but the proportions, methods of mixing and forming, and additives are probably trade secrets.
The recipes are likely arrived at by some form of educated trial-and-error.
I would guess the most efficient way to do this would be to tour a powder-producing factory, then acquire some basic manufacturing and test equipment. Then use various methods of chemical analysis to reverse-engineer whatever powder you're interested in.
Then comes the trial and error.
A crude, safe recipe could be arrived at after some time, perhaps a few months? I would expect lots of squibs and failures to fire. Then it would be a matter of incremental development.

Oh, and that's to say nothing of the legal requirements for manufacturing your own high explosives. (I'm aware smokeless powder is a propellant, not an explosive, but the ingredients (e.g. nitroglycerin) are explosive.)
>>
>>28071131
If you know the right things to search for there are forensics and ATF documents out there with exact percentages and measurements. Same with MilSpecs.
Making Cordite or Poudre B should be childs play for anyone with a bit research ability.
>>
http://www.wwpowder.com/history.html
Does anyone in this thread know who are some of the big contributors to the discovery of the modern power we use? Someone in history must have had the balls and the brains to make cool shit without complaining about
>>28069212
>>28069247
>>
TM 9-1300-214 does a pretty good job of describing the compositions and processes used in making propellents.

but lets be honest here, if your idea of basic research is asking a chinese cartoonboard for help, you probably lack the required skills to pull this one off.
>>
File: 1418171551876.jpg (2MB, 3112x2338px) Image search: [Google]
1418171551876.jpg
2MB, 3112x2338px
so powder would be finite in a SHTF? All guns that fire bullets with smokeless powder will be paper weights?

time to go get a blackpowder musket
>>
>>28067687
Gunpowder Pt. 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wW5KR1pDxs

Gunpowder Pt. 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5iJZjw8k40

Nitroglycerin but unfortunately he doesn't explain the ingredients composition.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMmYPAS9xB0

Feel plenty free to fuck around but I'm not taking responsibility for a dead or maimed you.
>>
>>28071675
Nitroglycerin? Nobel himself tried to find ways of making the handling of it safer.

He only started after his brother died handling nitroglycerin.
>>
>>28072786
There's so much ammo in the US it would be a non-issue for a while.
>>
>>28072786
Guns that use smokeless powder could fire rounds filled with black powder.
You would want to close the gas block and cycle the action manually for automatics though.

Also you would need to clean the barrel frequently and ballistics would be shit
>>
>>28067687
I've heard cordite and guncotton are the simplest types of smokeless propellant to make. I don't know shit about chemistry, though, or even if that's right.
>>
>>28069201
piss costs me nothing.
>>
>>28073204

You'll need several hundred gallons. Then let it mix with wood ash for about a year, turning it over frequently, keeping out all air and moisture.

It will cost you much more in labour.

A guy did it on youtube, as he has a chicken coop.
>>
>>28072786
>musket
>not removing dindus with a martini-henry
>>
>>28069212
nitrocellulose isn't hard or dangerous to make.
nictrocellulose in consistent quality is hard to make and using nitrocellulose of inconsistent quality is dangerous.
>>
>>28073220
fortunately, I make a pretty much endless supply of urine.
>>
>>28073349
Way of the road
>>
>>28071131
so i see that smokeless powder is difficult to make, but how difficult is it to make black powder from scratch?
>>
>>28073376
I have no idea what this means.
>>
>>28069185
It cant be that hard, on Rust I just take charcoal, sulfur and wood.
>>
>>28072821
>Already seen Cody's Lab shit
>Knew how to make bp from my shit and piss since underage high school freshman b7 days
>>
File: PotassiumNitrate.jpg (458KB, 1025x3159px) Image search: [Google]
PotassiumNitrate.jpg
458KB, 1025x3159px
>>28073384
> Do pic related
> Make charcoal
> Add sulfur
> 75% of the solution is potassium nitrate
>>
>>28073376
Chicken soup heaven
>>
>>28071675
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Marie_Eug%C3%A8ne_Vieille
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.