[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

footing the bill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

File: Bullet-holes-in-Subuh-house.jpg (387KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Bullet-holes-in-Subuh-house.jpg
387KB, 1280x960px
Ok guys was laying in bed talking with my wife about home defence, we both have our own shotguns that i keep loaded with winchester oo buck

Anyways we got to the point about dindus breaking in and as such taking them down...my question being is IF an intruder survives both me and my wifes funs then can i legally make them pay for any damages? If not would you recommend slugs instead? My wifes shottie is a pump and mines semi auto.
>>
If they survive, they can take you to court in a civil setting...Which is why you're usually taught to shoot to kill in a CC/firearms course for SD/HD

>funs
>dindus

Oh, nevermind. You've never taken a firearms course in your life, I take it.
>>
>>28030578
Nope but i plan to in the next month or so...the laws in oklahoma are a little strange to say the least
>>
I would say keep with the buck shot for indoor settings, make sure you train with your designated ammunition. Also, chances are if you shoot them center of mass the will not live. If you have to defend yourself in such manor, don't worry about who is footing the bill,

now, take your firearms course, and invite your wife to as well.
>>
File: 1420160373874.gif (2MB, 325x244px) Image search: [Google]
1420160373874.gif
2MB, 325x244px
>>28030531
>funs
>dindus

my fucking sides, I can't breathe
>>
>>28030578
>>28031066
You're clearly not from around here.
>>>/reddit/
Now GIT
>>
>>28030674
just took a OK cc class last month. way i understood it you're responsible for the damages to your house.
>>
>>28031105
>>>/pol/
Don't you have a BLM rally to shoot up or something?
>>
File: chinland.png (99KB, 248x204px) Image search: [Google]
chinland.png
99KB, 248x204px
>>28030531
>oo
>>
>Funs and didndus

Sounds more like you should be surrendering your firearms to the local police instead of planning around a home invasion.
>>
>>28031105
>regurgitating what you learned at your CCW course makes one reddit
Hello reddit
>>
>>28031172
its like this is your first time on /k/ or something
>>
>>28031066
>[email protected]
Hey, how's Michelle?
>>
>>28030578
No, that is not why. You shoot to kill because that is the most effective way to immediately stop someone from killing you.
>>
>>28031168
Don't you have some BBC to take up your ass?
>>/fag/
>>
No you cannot make them pay for damages. If anything they can sue you for maiming if they survive.
>>
You're not going to get shit from a home invasion.

If anything, they'll be suing you or their dindu family will be suing you for a wrongful death suit.

This is why it's so important to shoot to kill during a self defense scenario and to use as few bullets as necessary to do it.
>>
>>28031105
>>28031212
>S-stop making fun of my memes!
>Y-you're a newfag!
Fuck outta here, queerbait
>>
File: priceisright.gif (968KB, 500x253px) Image search: [Google]
priceisright.gif
968KB, 500x253px
>>28030531
Dead men tell no tales.
>>
>>28030578
This is why most states with decent defense laws give you immunity to civil suits in the event of self defense, and anything in your house counts as that unless they can prove that they weren't there illegally.
>>
In some states the dindu can successfully sue you. Part of why you do your damndest to kill them in as few shots as possible. What can make it worse is if those Black Lives Matter faggots decide he was a good boy and surround the house of an ebil racist gun nut ammosexual (you).

>>28031275
Not knowing common use slang is a pretty big giveaway as far as how new one might be to the board. Welcome to /k/, now git.
>>
File: image.gif (41KB, 385x256px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
41KB, 385x256px
>>28031251
You are an idiot

Yes OP if anon breaks into your house, survives and is convicted...
The criminal court judge can order restitution...
OR
You can sue in civil court
Happens all the time
But if anon is sentenced to a long prison term he may not have funds to pay you because jail.
>>
>>28031360
Homeowners insurance helps with that.
>>
>>28031279
what is happening here?
>>
>>28031344
Just arrange a /k/ meetup in the house then
>>
>>28031416
>Inb4 it becomes a SWAT party
>>
Op here

Getting mixed signals, so here in oklahoma i can sue the intruder but if he gets a lengthy b& ill be left to cover the damages? Shit why dont i just load some low verlocity slugs then? Less holes right?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
Sec. 2. (a) A person is justified in using reasonable force against another person to protect the person or a third person from what the person reasonably believes to be the imminent use of unlawful force. However, a person:
(1) is justified in using deadly force; and
(2) does not have a duty to retreat;
if the person reasonably believes that that force is necessary to prevent serious bodily injury to the person or a third person or the commission of a forcible felony. No person in this state shall be placed in legal jeopardy of any kind whatsoever for protecting the person or a third person by reasonable means necessary.
>>No person in this state shall be placed in legal jeopardy of any kind whatsoever.
>>of any kind whatsoever.
>>
>>28031416
Oh lawdy... dey be havin some kinda rasis ass cracka convenshun up in that house.dey gots all kindsa white supremists in der. Crackas be all kindsa armed an sheeit. Rasis
>>
>>28031474
Oklahoma? Where did ya read this? Just spend 20mins going through ok law
>>
>>28031462
Drywall is cheap and easy as fuck to patch.

How is this an issue when it comes to you and your wife's safety?
>>
File: 1434252684761.png (114KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1434252684761.png
114KB, 400x400px
If they do survive and they sue, the court will tell them to pound sand

>>28030578
>>28031066
>>28031172
>>28031201
>>28031275
Day/k/are never seems to end
>>
>>28030531
Since we're talking about things that will never happen, you can just assume that some unicorns will fix the damage for you.
>>
>>28031520
Nicely memed, nogunz reddit kid
>>
>>28031667
>niggers
>not breaking into houses
Holy sheeit keel yourself.
>>
>>28031729
>breaking in to houses
Sure

>breaking in to your house
Unlikely

>while you're there
Really unlikely

Feel free to fap to the thought of it, though, I guess. See in you in the plate carrier threads.
>>
>>28031855
Ohhhhhh feel the bernnnnnn
>>
>>28031506
Blood spatters require the sheetrock to be replaced, not just the holes patched.
>>
>>28031855
Something to keep in mind: unlikely/=impossible. Just because you think it won't doesn't guarantee it wont. Shit happens.
>>
>>28031986
This
>>28031941
Damn right anon!
Incase anyone hasnt figured out, blood splatter from a 00 from serveal feet away will likely get everywhere...noticable or not and on top of that once the perp drops he will continue to bleed all ober your floor....good luck getting that out if you have light colored carpets
>>
>>28030531
kill them dead
let insurance take care of it
alternatively if you can find their family (which they should find you because MUH BABY DINDU NUFFIN IMA GONNA SUE U) take them to court if you have a good lawyer
>>
>>28031238
ROFLMAO
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.