[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SVD builders guide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

Is there an online machining and stamping guide for the SVD? I know there's plenty of build guides for AK/RPK pattern rifles but what about muh based SVD? I have access to a pretty large metal working shop so its not entirely out of reach.
>>
>>27961301
>flandre to the nearest courtesy phone please
>>
>>27961301
nope, anything dimension related to SVD's are unobtainium.

you're welcome to try to replicate it though, but without anything to go on you're gonna be winging it pretty hard.
>>
>>27961380
yeah thats what I was worried about, the friend who owns the shop has some pretty high tech super expensive shit in there so if I could just get the dimensions I could make one that won't blow up in my face.
>>
>>27961427
>buy $3500 rifle
>reverse engineer it
>sell spare parts like bolts, front sight bases, and firing pins.
you'd probably make your money back, probably...
>>
>SVD
>stamped
>>
>>27961489
>fire selector
>dust cover
>magazines
>>
>>27961532
>fire control group housing
point is there are tons of stamped parts and the die's and machinery needed to make them would a literal fortune.
>>
>>27961454
isnt that flandres plan?
>>
I thought MAC said someone was building an American SVD? So what's the point?
>>
>>27961454
>SVD
>$3500
But how
>>
>>27961574
Because the American SVD is complete garbage.

>muh fiddy four arrrr is obsolete
>>
Why HASN'T someone made a .308 consumer market version?
>>
>>27961551
Laser cut blanks for non-formed parts, contract out stamping ops for complicated parts like dust cover to specialized manufacturers that can do it for reasonably cheap
>>
Why when you can practically order everything but the receiver and bolt from Russia? There's a handful of Russians who sell shit all the time on the forums.
>>
>>27961589
His backpedaling after people started shitting on that was hilarious.
>>
>>27961574
Because it's only going to be in .308 and not 7.6254r.

I mean, for fuck's sake, if you want to use an American round, pick the 30-06 at least. I know balistically 30-06 and .308 are about the same, but it'd feel a little more authentic with a 30-06 magazine that looked like a 7.62x54r magazine instead of the ugly .308 mags used on chink versions.
>>
>>27961659
Early .308 NDM's used curved mags. I'm guessing they didn't work well.
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 400x300px
>>27961659
He didn't say they'd only be in .308, he asked if people would like to see one in .308 rather than 54r. And when the majority of people told him they'd rather have one in 54r, he got assblasted as ever, and proceeded to whine about muh modernized cartridge, muh more common ammunition, muh match grade ammo. He personally wants one in .308 and he tried to convince everyone that a .308 SVD would be better. Wen people still told him they wanted 54r, he started spewing complete bullshit about how 54r is about to become super rare because we're not going to have any more surplus in the next year or two. He also flat out lied, stating that there is no commercially produced 7.62x54r and that no one would produce any in large quantities.
>>
>>27961576
conceivably could luck out and get a ndm for that price. In theory should be the same dims as an SVD.
>>
>>27961659
so someone is going to actually produce an american svd? This has the possibility of not being vaporware?

I agree a 308 is fagotry though.
>>
>>27961576
Prices vary, found one on armslist that was 1,500 but was sold before I could get in contact.

Also the militant jew is making one apparently but had to be yelled at into making it in x54.
>>
>>27961923
>armslist that was 1,500 but was sold before I could get in contact.
guaranteed scam...

there is a NDM that shows up constantly that is a scam, it's hanging on a wood fence.
>>
>SVD variant on armslist
Scam.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.