[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where does one fire a warning shot, /k/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

File: airsoftrage.png (140KB, 350x805px) Image search: [Google]
airsoftrage.png
140KB, 350x805px
Where does one fire a warning shot, /k/?
>>
>>27959721
center mass
>>
Two warning shots to the chest, if he does not comply, one to head
>>
>>27959721
ugh, saged
>>
File: 1445485019327.png (17KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1445485019327.png
17KB, 625x626px
>>27959721
First this: >>27959774
Second no warning shots. It's like you're not even trying with your shitty b8 m8
>>
>>27959721

You don't. They're illegal.
>>
>>27960273

/thread
>>
Center mass
>>
>>27959721
you don't fire warning shots, they're treated (legally) exactly the same as shooting at the guy.

You should either shoot the guy or deescalate if you don't need to shoot him.
>>
>>27959721
You unholster only to discharge, pls go.
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 550x366px
>>
>>27960362
Eh, I think warning shots have their place.

Let's say If I'm hanging out with one of my friends and all of a sudden someone picks a fight with him and they both start fighting, obviously I'm not going to get involved NOR try and break it up if I don't have too while I'm armed. So I stay out of it.

All of a sudden my friend is on the ground on his back, getting punched in the face and two other people run up to jump my friend while he's on the ground to really beat the shit out of him and I see all of this. Straight up Magdumping into three people isn't an appropriate response, but stepping towards them and firing a handgun in the air a few times can legitimately make everyone stop the attack however you have to be prepared to pull the trigger again if needed.

We talk about self defense and stuff a lot here but the best outcome is always the one that ends in people NOT dead.
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 500x281px
Like this?
>>
>>27960463
No
Don't do it
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 510x297px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 510x297px
>>27960478
>>
>>27960463
>Eh, I think warning shots have their place.

Are you engaged in some sort of naval or coast guard interdiction?

Then no, they fucking don't.
>>
>>27960463
Let's assume your warning shot ricoche and hit your friend
You you get charge with involuntary manslaughter or some type of criminal recklessness with a firearm
>>
>>27959721
>Take aim at intruder
>Fire, miss shot
>Intruder runs off
>Pretend it was a warning shot
>>
>>27960463
It's not so much an argument of whether it's a good idea morally or ethically if you should fire warning shots. It's a legal argument. Legally, you will be arrested for firing warning shots, and you will be prosecuted for them too in most cases. The precedent that decides this is the idea a firearm is lethal force, and that you should only use lethal force when in fear of your life or another who can't defend themselves.

When you fire a 'warning shot' and refer to it as such, you make the claim that you used lethal force in a situation that didn't require it, and that isn't okay legally.
>>
>>27960463
>Your friend is getting jumped by multiple people
>Eh, I don't think I should shoot them
You're a shit friend. This is literally one of the only times you'd be justified shooting into a crowd of people
>>
File: image.png (38KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
38KB, 300x168px
>>27960463
Oh fuck you are new kind of dumb
Haven't seen this much stupid on /k for at least a week.
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 524x393px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 524x393px
>>27960478
>>
>>27960598
Then don't use the term "Warning Shot". It doesn't mean you can't still do it.

> "Yes, Officer I fired my weapon. I saw my friend being attacked by a group of men, and I was afraid they were going to kill him"

This is legally acceptable, you can discharge a firearm in the defense of innocent life. Your not going to be charged for shit if nobody dies and if it was truly in the defense of life.
>>
>>27960463
You're an idiot. Please tell me you don't carry.
>>
File: GoodDAYSIR.jpg (53KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
GoodDAYSIR.jpg
53KB, 500x375px
>>27960463
>but stepping towards them and firing a handgun in the air a few times can legitimately make everyone stop the attack

Congrats, your now in jail for Brandishing, Unlawful Discharge of a Firearm, Assault and a couple others they can tag on based on your location. In state of florida you would be in jail for a LONG time with mandatory sentencing.

>>27960714
>This is legally acceptable, you can discharge a firearm in the defense of innocent life. Your not going to be charged for shit if nobody dies and if it was truly in the defense of life.
FALSE. You pulled a firearm that necessitates the use of DEADLY FORCE to stop an imminate death or severe bodily harm to yourself or others around you*. By not immediately shooting the attacker and instead firing into the air, the situation by your own judgement DID NOT require deadly force to stop the situation, and in doing so you just voided your justification for pulling the firearm and firing.
>>
>>27959721
Joe Biden says to fire two shots in the air
>>
>>27960463
In that situation you should draw your weapon and give a verbal warning, not fire a few warning shots in the air.

I sincerely hope you don't actually carry.
>>
>>27959721
>mfw military protocol in my country for soldiers on guard duty
>personnel are issued 2 30rd mags, one loaded with 5 rounds and the empty one in the rifle
>when approaching suspect, verbally confront them a couple times to stop and ID themselves
>if suspect brandishes weapon without charging at you, you must reload your weapon with the loaded mag and verbally confront them
>if suspect does not back down you have to fire a warning shot first
>if suspect charges at you after all that you must aim for a leg shot
>if suspect is unarmed and charges you, you can't shoot back due to disproportionate use of force

Jesus fuck we barely have any intrusion here during guard duty but man if protocol doesn't want personnel to get overrun and killed/injured. Not to mention the standard paperwork for any rounds fired if you survive
>>
>CC'ing without reading your state's laws
>CC'ing without knowing the definition of justifiable use of force by heart

>>27960803
he is absolutely right

this all depends on your state, but in general:
you are only justified in firing your weapon if you believe your own or someone else's life is in immediate danger. firing a "warning shot" means legally by your own judgement you deemed the attack to not jeopardize his or your own life, and it becomes brandishing and illegal discharge of a weapon.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.