[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tactical Equipment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

Why so much hate on cross draw vests. They have a negative connotation for some reason. I don't see why. They're generally really reliable and give you the space to store what you need. Personally I prefer it to the harnesses. Especially this ones left side is entirely customizable [which is usually the negative about them].
>>
80's want their rig back
>>
>>27932818
Because it's a goddamn mess and you can draw faster from the natural side, reaching across is further away.
>>
>>27932818
Because they don't cost 600 dollars. Get some armor to go underneath, IIIA vest for that RAINBOW look or a slick plate carrier with IV plates in it. If you get one with a holster you can remove, stick it on the belt and put the extra mags where it used to be. When I ran one, I used the right most magazine pouch that could not possibly be reached with my off hand and stuck an IFAK in there.
>>
>>27932818
If you sling your rifle, it comes down in front of you. In the way of the cross draw
>>
>>27932818
And before OP asks, no, drop legs are not very good either. Put it on your hip or stick it flush against your chest. That pic vest is shit airsoft crap.
>>
>>27932841
got me there
>>27932849
Yea I get that. This one does has a removable holster.
>>
>>27932869
Any preferable non-airshit ones?
>>
>>27932818
If you need to draw your gun in a close range defensive melee, which is considerably likely with pistol use either for defense or because you don't have time to reload/clear jam whatever your rifle, then cross draw is much harder to pull off than side draw. With side draw you can turn away, with cross draw you have to make an obvious movement across your front that can also be interfered with easier.
>tl:dr it's gay
>>
>>27932892
Something not made by Condor. Check out TT, 5.11, LBT, and the wide surplus market.
>>
>>27932892
Blackhawk, Rothco is tolerable quality.
>>
>>27932818
take a lot of retaliate space that's at a premium.
>>
>>27932910
Rothco is dogshit. Propper is leagues better, they don't use stitching made of dissolvable floss.
>>
Anything possibly cheaper than $300?
Preferably black with back Velcro strip. I've found a couple LAPD surplus vests but they're all from airshit sites.
>>
They're not great, not bad and I've kept one around as a quick "oh shit I used to be asleep what's happening" thing. Kept a pistol, light, spare ammo (for pistol, AR and shotgun depending on what ende dup in my hands as I woke up) etc. in one place on my safe door\ back of a chair near bed that could be thrown on quickly.

If you're going full kit there's better solutions, but if it works for you, go with it.

If you're talking kit for 3 gun or something it has obvious disadvantages.

The hate doesn't make sense to me either.
>>
>>27932818
I got the blackhawk crossdraw vest and its actually pretty good, there are faster drawing alternatives but its not as though it takes more than two seconds to draw
>>
>>27933000
Yea that's a disadvantage, although this one has a removable pistol holster and doesn't shit on my bank account as it can range from 60-40. Shame it cant carry plates though.
>>
>>27932818
the concept of crossdraw is an acceptable one but thouse vests with that cloth holster is a pile of shit
pretty much every onesize fits all holster is garbage and those vest with the holsters built into them are no exception.
>>
>>27933024
Ew cloth holster
>>
>>27933024
Meh, it's not "tier 1" gear, but if it gets the job done, it gets the job done.

There are better choices, but depending on intended use, this shitty vest might be perfectly fine.
>>
>>27933119
Use pretty much is, I need something to carry the multitude of shit I need. It also doesn't weigh much.
>>
File: Capture.png (611KB, 602x556px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
611KB, 602x556px
Does anyone use pic related as a tactical vest?
>>
File: 2015-11-19 21.34.54.jpg (2MB, 2427x1362px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-19 21.34.54.jpg
2MB, 2427x1362px
>>27933154
Then sure, try one out, I'd personally start with some surplus LBV or some shit, but ayone who uses gear eventually has boxes full of shit they stopped using because they found something better\ different\ cooler.

Here's a bad pic of my shitty blackhhawk vest I talked about earlier.

3 AR mags, 3 Pistol Mags, 3 Shotgun cards, a flashlight, and a p226. If I'm doing the 3 gun thing, I'd rather go chestrig and belt, If I'm getting shot at, I'd rather have a plate carrier and belt (and to be anywhere else). But for some shit to throw on before underwear and drunkenly stumble towards loud noises, I like this shit.
>>
>>27933589
I'm liking that ar m80
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.