[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SIG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: sig 938.jpg (28KB, 633x348px) Image search: [Google]
sig 938.jpg
28KB, 633x348px
want your opinions on the Sig P938 SAS, any experiences with the gun or how you choose to carry it or just any information in general
>>
>>27931085
>or just any information in general

do internet search for

sig p938 revuews

lots of info
>>
Honestly it's a good gun. Super easy to hide anywhere on you, in pockets, whatever. Easy to shoot too.
>>
Im looking to grab one during a black Friday sale hopefully
>>
Id avoid the sas models. I h.ad to send mine back 3 times for various issues. I think thee qc on the sas is lower hence the often times reduced price.
>>
>>27932741
damn please elaborate. I have a regular P938 and it's been flawless
>>
I've appendix carried an SAS cocked and locked since the 4th of July this year. I'm a lefty, 6'3", about 170 pounds. I like it.

Sometimes I get sore carrying it all day, but nowhere near as much as my M&P9c, and it conceals much better. I have a mostly desk job. I bought mine secondhand but like new condition, my mom bought hers new.

Neither of us have had any problems with them except when I shot hers once the safety on right side of the frame cut the web of my hand. I think it was a grip error on my part, it hasn't happened since. The safety switch there can be a little wiggly/loose which is what cut me, but that's because the lever there is kind of poorly connected to the internal switch. There's no risk of an accidental toggle of that switch, else there's no way I'd carry that thing pointing at my leg and dick every day.
>>
>>27932840

Safety was loose to the point of damaging the frame. Sent it back and the next gun i got the frame checkering was damaged and the mag release was jamming up. Thirdmgun has waaaymtoo much taken off the slidemfor the melt job to the point it looks like shit and is possibly unsafe for +p ammo. Sold the thing and now have a pps.
>>
I carry my p938 with a "urban carry" holster, look them up on youtube. I tend to forget im carrying a fucking firearm sometimes its so comfortable. if you are super fat I wouldnt recommend the urban carry holster. but the gun is nice for CC and it's actually fun to shoot so thats a big plus. just watch nutnfancys like 50 minute video on it.
>>
>>27932941
>>27932941
that is truly unfortunate anon. Do you have any evidence pointing to lack of qc on the SAS models? Why would SIG allow that? Wish there was a pic of that botched meltjob
>>
>>27931085
Owner of P938 SAS here, have some gripes.

1. Hammer is a bit dirty during wear-in of about 100~ rounds.
2. Had my hammer enclosure's sear mount break, causing TONS of issues. Sig replaced it for free, and also did a trigger job, all in 7 days so props for that.

3. Shit kicks pretty good for a 9mm, but due to it's size that's expected

4. Love the safety, easy as shit to access, no matter which hand I shoot with.
>>
>>27933585
trigger spring enclosure, not hammer enclosure.

Also forgot, was having issues with mag drops, which sig was also able to repair for me.

TL;DR issues out of box, but warranty fixed em all up, has been solid since.
>>
File: 4rIXFI3l.jpg (75KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
4rIXFI3l.jpg
75KB, 640x480px
>>27933585
>>27933600
Both wrong. The affected parts are the mainspring housing, and the sear spring. The sear spring is retained on the plastic mainspring housing by a little nub. On the old version, the nub would be abraded very badly, which resulted in the sear spring walking up in the gun and putting the wrong tension on the wrong part of the sear, causing lots of problems while firing.
>>
File: S3EpcGjl.jpg (51KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
S3EpcGjl.jpg
51KB, 640x480px
>>27933653
Anyone who owns a P938 made before October, 2015 who has fired more than 1000 rounds through the gun should thoroughly inspect that nub for wear, and if you find any, contact Sig for warranty work.
>>
I'm interested in this gun because I want an easily conceals be 9mm that has egos and trigger of my full size 1911. Not to derail the thread but what other sub compact 9mm guns are hammer fired such as this? Main reason is I have not found a striker fired pistol with a trigger I like when compared to how good my 1911 felt as a first time pistol owner. Also I'm very used to drawing and shipping the safety down and prefer the safety to one built into the trigger
>>
>>27933661
Has this issue been fixed now?
>>
>>27933653
that's what I thought he was referring to. And yeah I have a regular P938 that I sent back on principle (probably only 500 rounds, no signs of wear). VERY quick turnaround; practically didn't notice it was gone from my EDC rotation. The new assembly looks sexy as fuck too - the sear spring now rides inside the MSH versus catching on the nub (old style)?

Also FWIW the service summary mentioned replacing my magazine catch, something I had not requested or even mentioned. In fact, I'd even fired a poorly seated magazine or two (glove got pinched in the extension) and it still fed flawlessly.

Who knows. Love my P938
>>
>>27933760
Yes, but if you buy "new old stock," or anything made before October, you will probably get the older style parts.
>>
>>27931085
I have one, I really, really enjoy carrying and shooting this gun. For such a small gun the recoil is manageable, not painful at all to shoot even with +P stuff. It's beautiful, to boot, it doesn't look like some plastic "tool" and matches the rest of my kit.

That said, I've had a couple malfunctions that I think need the attention of the manufacturer. The hammer has failed to cock back via the slide when firing std pressure 115gr. rounds around 2-3 times. Never happened with any of the self defense stuff though. I don't know if this is a mainspring housing issue but it wouldn't surprise me.
>>
>>27933857
>The hammer has failed to cock back via the slide when firing std pressure 115gr. rounds around 2-3 times.
Hammer follow is a known symptom of the MSH issue. Take the grips off your gun and inspect the little retaining nub, as pictured here >>27933661
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.