[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arsenal SLR-107FR

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: SLR107-36.jpg (49KB, 777x252px) Image search: [Google]
SLR107-36.jpg
49KB, 777x252px
So I was recently at a gun store in town, and this beauty caught my eye. Apparently they're manufactured in Bulgaria, shipped here, and reassembled and sold by Arsenal here in Las Vegas.

I'd never really considered owning an AK-pattern rifle, but this thing is amazing. Polymer hardware makes it insanely light, and from what I've seen in casual searches, the reviews on it are excellent.

Anyone own one? Had any problems with it? Have any other AK-pattern rifle they'd prefer instead?

http://www.arsenalinc.com/usa/SLR-107FR-Quad-Rail.html
>>
Arsenal's SLR series of rifles are some of the best AKs on the market. They're expensive for what they are, though. A cheaper WASR will do everything it can do at half the price (minus have a top-tier folding stock). I wouldn't feel comfortable paying that much for a 7.62x39 AK.

I did, however, buy an SLR 104. The 104s are the best 5.45 AKs on the market and are well worth every penny.

tldr: if you're ok with paying $1100 for an AK they're fantastic, but if you want to save $500 just buy a WASR, and If you want a 5.45 rifle the SLR 104 is your best bet.
>>
I got one about a month ago, my first AK (buy once cry once for now). Have yet to shoot it but it feels great, light, and durable. Seems easier to field strip/less parts compared to my AR, looks great and the folding stock lock solidly. Very little mag wobble and sights are not canted. Rocking in the mags vs just shoving it in like in an AR is taking a while to get used to though.
>>
>>27920337
>A cheaper WASR will do everything it can do at half the price (minus have a top-tier folding stock)
and the 74 style brake and front sight base, which is worth a lot to me
>>
File: 20151114_165816.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20151114_165816.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>27920337
If you're looking for a quality 7.62 AK they're hard to beat.
>>
File: IMG_20150609_155640_832.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150609_155640_832.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Hard to go wrong with an Arsenal.
>>
>>27920385
Android fucking photos as usual I see.
>>
File: SwhyIloveDDI.jpg (32KB, 455x208px) Image search: [Google]
SwhyIloveDDI.jpg
32KB, 455x208px
>>27920337
I have an SGL-21 it's been perfect but with the cost that Arsenal wants now for the non-ruskis just isn't worth it.

I'd say get a DDI.
>>
I love mine, the sidefolder is pretty neat and mine has fed the most garbage ammo I've put through it.
>>
>>27920374
If it's worth it to you then you'll love the rifle. Like I said, they're fantastic. If I didn't already have a great 7.62x39 AK I'd want an SLR 107 as my main one, but again like I said I don't want to pay that much for one when I already have multiple 7.62x39 rifles.

You just have to decide if you're one of those people who wants to save money for one good AK (WASR) or if you want to pay more for another good AK (SLR 107)

Some people have a hard time understanding that nice things cost money and will bitch an moan about MUH AK IS SPOSED TO BE CHEEP! If you're ok with the price tag then you'll love it and it will definitely be a rifle you will have for the rest of your life and then some.
>>
>>27920360
this pretty much.

also keep in mind the majority of this board consists of poorfags that legitimately think $1,000 is a lot for a gun
>>
>>27920478
>also keep in mind the majority of this board consists of poorfags that legitimately think $1,000 is a lot for a gun
And also people who S T I L L think that AKs should only cost $300 like it's 1988
>>
>>27920432
I'm not OP btw, but I'm definitely a buy once cry once guy. I'll always got the slr route for any more aks I get.
>>
Arsenal is as good as it gets for an AK. Best snag that. My SGL20 has never done me wrong.
>>
File: confused canuck.png (296KB, 649x649px) Image search: [Google]
confused canuck.png
296KB, 649x649px
>>27920490
>mfw retards legitimately think ak10X's and clones cost $200 to make

it's the new aks cant hit shit meme
>>
>>27920646
Aren't Saiga sporters really close to them? Aside from the front sight block not being the 100s 74 style block and no compensator, what would make the price difference? the compensator can't be worth that much, can it?
>>
>>27920799
>folding stock and assembly
>all new parts
>ak100 fsb
>ak74 style brake

these alone would make them worth the 800 they used to go for. But like all aks, they went up in price.

Getting someone to put a folding stock on your gun will charge you ~$300 and that isn't counting buying the actual stock. People don't think about the folding stock and the amount of work it goes into actually installing them. Which is why I would never buy a DDI considering the small price gap between them and arsenal
>>
Arsenal are good AK's but wow obvious shill is fucking obvious
>>
>>27920887
And then there's this guy. There's always this guy. He always shows up in one form or another.
>>
>>27920887
(You)
>>
>>27920860
I guess the folding stock is quite different. you'd have to replace the rear trunnion for a correct clone, right?
>>
>>27921077
What does that even mean

>>27920925
From OP
> Apparently they're manufactured in Bulgaria, shipped here, and reassembled and sold by Arsenal here in Las Vegas.

Right, because it is so common for /k/ posters to give us such a nice little background lesson on the guns manufacturing origins

>Polymer hardware makes it insanely light, and from what I've seen in casual searches, the reviews on it are excellent.

I am sure OP had never held something made with plastic in his life before that rifle, glad he could include that bit as well.

But to keep things from being too obvious
>Have any other AK-pattern rifle they'd prefer instead?
>>
>>27920646
According to wikipedia they do
>>
File: 1446839506149.jpg (128KB, 1500x1093px) Image search: [Google]
1446839506149.jpg
128KB, 1500x1093px
>>27921129
>oh no, someone found a new firearm that they like and wanted to ask /k/ about it! call the shill police!
>>
>>27920409
That's real cute.
>>
>>27921239
don't give retards replies
>>
>>27921239
OP here, thank you for that. Apparently having questions (and saying what little I know about it, in case it was relatively new) makes me a shill? Huh.

Anyway, thanks for the advice guys! I really appreciate it. Dunno for sure if I'll get it, but I've got about $1200 to blow on a rifle right now and this just jumped to the top of my list.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.