[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Australian Defense Force vs. Canadian Forces

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10

File: hqdefault.jpg (30KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
30KB, 480x360px
Which is better? I was shocked to find out that Aussies spend more on defense then Canadians.
>>
>>27916024
Both are the trash OP.
>>
>>27916024
CRIPPLE FIGHT
>>
>>27916061
>>27916184
samefag
>>
Canadian's top tier
>>
>>27916024
Australia doesn't have such a shit navy and has a diverse airforce due to having different variants of the F18 (Like the Growler or the super hornet ect...) as supposed to the one old piece of shit like Canada.

Australia is more well rounded with regards to equipment because it can't have American troops/personnel on speeddial like Canada can. Which is the same problem when it comes to army.

WE HAVE NO FUCKING ANTI AIR WEAPONS

Other than that our army is fairly similar except for Aussibros actually have attack choppers and we don't

Feel free to correct or comment as im obviously not an expert.
>>
We're a hyper leftist shithole
Most of our shit probably doesn't even work
Canada btw
>>
>>27916024
>Straya
>Hornets x 71
>Super Hornets x 24
>AEW&Cs x 6
>Tankers x 5
>Orions x 15
+ Coming Soon
>Growlers
>F-35s
>Possidons

>Canadia
>Hornets x 113
>Orions x 18
>Tankers x5
+ Coming soon
>>
>>27916282
Canada still has the ADATS system iirc and that thing is cool as fuck.
>>
>>27916282
No we have the best anti air weapon we just haven't realized we can weaponize the honk. Also straya cannot operate inna Canadian fall-winter-spring
>>
>>27916542
its been mothballed
>>
>>27916024
>Aussies spend more on defense then Canadians

* than
>>
Call me when Canada has 100 F-35s and 2 LHDs
>>
>>27916850
well if you vote for the guy im trying to groom we will.

Jokes aside: its Canadas proximity to the USA which causes the most grief. Most people will say "why buy equipment X when we will just be piggy backing off the US."

Which is a shame really, because these are the same people who criticize the US for having such a large military.

>>27916511
Im praying we in the very least get Silent Eagles. Is there an electronics warfare package for them?
>>
>>27916909
Aren't your F-18s literally falling apart? I'd seriously hope even libtards could commit to a proper replacement in the next 4 years.
>>
>>27916985
SeaKings were the ones falling apart, usually in midair. F18s are still mostly fine.
>>
>>27916733
Canadians cannot operate at 40C
>>
>>27917011
Went to Abbotsford Air show near where I live and the pilot I talked to was half the age of the SeaKing, we joke about them being the perfect age for being a Canuck senator.

>>27916985
I wouldn't mind superhornets IF they are 100% canuck made under license because we definitely need our own mini military industrial complex if we are to get over the "but we got the USA!" argument for why we don't need essential equipment (I'd still love to see license made Silent Eagles as a stop gap measure)

Plus I know that Trudeau will either swallow his pride within five to ten years and buy the F35 should he still be PM, or the Conservatives will get elected because of Aylmaoweed420 fucks up and we get the F35 as replacement for whatever plane we have
>>
>>27917041
Our biggest base is in the middle of the desert. 40C is pretty normal there in the summer. I know. I live here.
>>
>>27917041
You think we don't get 40c weather here you are quite wrong. If you think you can stand -40c weather bring it on ill be waiting in my skivvies.
>>
>>27917054
>>27917056

>Canadians can operate at 40C
>Australians cant operate at -40C

nice meeming
>>
>>27917056
I love seeing people from the Yukon come to mild cities like Vancouver. Cause im standing there with a winter coat freezing my ass off while they just run around in a t-shirt and jeans

>>27917069
Ever been to the Prairies or the Albertan badlands during a full blown summer?
>>
>>27917076
i love seeing people from England come to our (australian) beaches

in the winter, lmao.
>>
Australia has a blue water navy, including two aircraft carries.

Force projection capability, including the ability to land the equivalent of two MEU's anywhere in south east asia, up to japan or out to madagascar.

Thats better than every one but us, uk, france, mayba japan.

Canada has a couple of old frigates. And no ability to independently maintain external operations.
>>
>>27916024
Canada. They got tanks and shit. The asutralians will only have some M1s
>>
File: topsmug.png (9KB, 401x367px) Image search: [Google]
topsmug.png
9KB, 401x367px
>>27917398
>Australia has a blue water navy, including two aircraft carries.
What
Force projection capability, including the ability to land the equivalent of two MEU's anywhere in south east asia, up to japan or out to madagascar.
What

You're just an a-grade shitcunt who has no idea what he's talking about.
>>
>>27916024
Lebs and wogs vs Indians. Who wins?
>>
>>27917398
Last I checked the HMAS Melbourne was Australias last AirCraft Carrier , those two Spanish ships are LHD Helicopter landing craft.

The Australian military is woefully under powered , a fucken nextdoor 3rd world neighbour has a larger
and more powerful airforce.
>>
>>27917521
>3rd world neighbour has a larger and more powerful airforce.

Indonesia? But their training is inferior and I'm sure the tech we use in our Super Hornets shits on what is in their Su-30s.

Besides, they only have a handful.
>>
>>27917521
They are aircraft carriers fitted for helicopers and amphibious
>>
>>27916024
The Aussies will literally shitpost the Canadians to death. The Canadians, too polite and/or stoned on Trudeau's Kush Special Blend will not be able to respond quickly enough, and the Aussies will verbally destroy them. Rip them a right proper new one, m80.
>>
>>27916282
>WE HAVE NO FUCKING ANTI AIR WEAPONS

This has always bugged me. MANPADs aren't a suitable replacement for SAMs. We could buy plenty of proper SAMs for only a few hundred million.
>>
File: noize.jpg (8KB, 250x196px) Image search: [Google]
noize.jpg
8KB, 250x196px
>>27917602
So in otherwords...not aircraft carriers?
>>27917615
Kek
>>
>>27917695
They are as big as the charles de gaule, and every ones losing thier shit about that at the moment.

They are a fair bit more capable than 'landing craft'
>>
>>27916511
You forgot. We have nature on our side as everything in Australia has evolved to kill humans.

Giant Spiders, Flesh eating kangaroos.
>>
>>27917769
You are implying that your shithole is somehow worth invading?
>>
>>27917056
I'll take your -40 in thongs, mate ;)

There's two types of aussiea, mate:
The ones who freeze at 30c and the ones walking around in the snow wearing shorts and thongs saying "it's not even that cold."
>>
>>27917069
>Australians cant operate at -40C

Every CF guy gets issued artic gear, and there are modified rifle variants for arctic fighting

I somehow doubt the aussies have the equipment required to operate at those temperatures, not that they couldn't do it given time to prepare though
>>
>>27917805
Polymer gun with polymer mags and a polymer hammer I don't think the AUG will do well no matter what they do to it.
>>
>>27917801
Austrailia's lowest recorded temperature
−23.0 29 June 1994 Charlotte Pass

Canada's average low for winter is -20 peak low inna city -47.8(without windchill) up north -63(without windchill)

You know nothing of cold.
>>
File: Koppen_World_Map_BWh.png (2MB, 4231x2592px) Image search: [Google]
Koppen_World_Map_BWh.png
2MB, 4231x2592px
>>27917835
>A world map showing areas with Köppen BWh (hot desert climate). The temperatures in these regions have the potential to exceed 50 °C (122 °F) during the hottest seasons.

You know nothing of heat.
>>
>>27917835
At's not even that cold though, 'ay.
Do it in thongs, mate. Thongs.
>>
>>27917880
And don't forget beer
>>
>>27916909
>Actually buying the Silent Eagle
Jesus Canada, Boeing have been trying ot flog that thing for years and no has been dumb enough to take it yet, don't be the first.
>>
File: spinningsprudo.gif (646KB, 512x481px) Image search: [Google]
spinningsprudo.gif
646KB, 512x481px
>>27917751
Not really, they need reinforced decks if you want to land F-35s on them.

In saying that, I bet the RAN kept the ski-ramp as a sexy 'hint hint' to the politicians to try and back door some F-35s
>>
File: oldmateruss.gif (999KB, 358x266px) Image search: [Google]
oldmateruss.gif
999KB, 358x266px
>>27917897
F-35Bs I meant**
>>
>>27917879
We get weeks of 40+ in the summer 50 is survivable

Where as -23 is nothing like the 2 months of -40 in the dead of winter.

Try harder.
>>
>>27917879
Easy rebuttal you got a heater in your car yeah? Well cars in Canada have a second heater for the engine so it can actually start.
>>
>>27917835
I'll just grab me a hot tinny and use some poutine for a facial.
>>
>>27917915
who, cares .lol
>>
>>27917902
>>27917915
>abloobloo it gets a bit cold in canada waa

man up or move somewhere else
>>
We have a better military history and track record.

- Canada
>>
>>27917897
>In saying that, I bet the RAN kept the ski-ramp as a sexy 'hint hint' to the politicians to try and back door some F-35s
You're wrong man.
The RAN kept the ramp because:
>It was cheaper to buy the exact same thing the Spaniards did rather than try and modify it.
>Cross-decking
It was the politicians, specifically the Abbot administration that wanted the F35Bs. But the Defense Department and the Navy and the RAAF didn't want them. The RAN thought carrying F-35Bs would mean the Canberra wouldn't carry enough amphibious landing gear. And the RAAF were worried it would reduce the numbers of F35s they could buy. Thankfully politicians have less authority over procurement than they do in the US, that never happened.
>>
>>27917991
Well fuck my dog who'da thunk it.
Still, it'll be interesting to see what this White Paper is supposed to bring out. Apparently I hear we're purchasing a few more Abrams simply to get a third ACR on the 2/14th. But fuck knows when we'll get that.

>tfw I joined 2 late to late to blast muzzies in an ASLAV
>>
>>27917897

>>27917991

Decks dont need to be reinforced. They need a heat resistant coating. A paint job.

The canberra class are almost identical to Juan carlos, and have the same potential to house F-35 as it did. Once it was realised thermal deck protection was needed they applied it.

Only other thing missing from canberra is bolt on bit and peices for aircraft navigation.
>>
>>27917521
Indonesian air force is a joke compared to Aus.
Less fast jets, too many types (F-5, F-16, Su-27, Su-30, Hawk 200). Eclectic mix of Soviet and western gear (Good luck fitting an AMRAAM to a Su-30, or a FAB 500 to a Hawk 200). No AEW&Cs, barely any Maritime Patrol.
>>
>>27917991
>Thankfully politicians have less authority over procurement than they do in the US

Wish this was actually the case when the Army supposedly wanted Apaches and more Blackhawks but was dumped because the politicians wanted local built designs.
>>
>>27918012
Basically the politicians decide how much money they get, but the DMO has a lot of authority on how to spend it.
>>
>>27918007
>The canberra class are almost identical to Juan carlos, and have the same potential to house F-35 as it did. Once it was realised thermal deck protection was needed they applied it.
It's true, the Canberras are perfectly capable of carrying F-35s, it's just that the RAN decided they'd rather use the floorspace for other things, and Defense decided they'd rather spend the money elsewhere
>>
File: image.png (745KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
745KB, 1536x2048px
>>27916224
Get mad
>>
So you're in Iraqi Kurdistan and this guy slaps your Australian gf's ass?

What do?
>>
>>27918298
why the fuck did I bring my girlfriend to Iraqi Kurdistan?
>>
File: Canada_Land_Forces.png (542KB, 5124x1901px) Image search: [Google]
Canada_Land_Forces.png
542KB, 5124x1901px
Canada has 5 divisons
Australia has 2
Only 1 of which is regular
and it has only 3 brigades
>>
>>27918360
1st division is a headquarters
2nd, 3rd, 4th divisions have only one active brigade and two reserve
5th is reserve brigades
>>
As a Canadian, I'm not even going to try to make our military seem imposing. Old-as-fuck equipment with not much of an air force or navy. And it's going to get worse with Trudeau.
>>
>>27916282
Australias AA is just manpads, they usually get rerolled as an extra rifle company for battlegroups
The Growlers haven't been delivered yet?
We're basically being organized as an extra Marine unit like you're extra Army
>>27917041
40 is chilly for the outback
>>27917398
Australias amphibious expeditionary plan is focused on a battalion sized battlegroup
>>27917537
Indonesia burnt and lost a corvette not long ago
>>27917683
Who are you going to shoot SAMs at?
There is simply no credible threat
>>27917751
They have no defensive capability
There are STOVL airplanes purchased to operate from them
>>27917897
They kept it for UAV as can be clearly seen in the art
I think also whats being planned is for Australia, Japans, and South Koreas LHDs to be able to operate Marine F-35s in joint task forces
They're all being built to handle them but none of them are buying them
>>27917991
>it would cost too much to erase something from a blueprint
it would be an empty space on the front of the ship
it would cost more to build it than leave the space empty
>The RAN thought carrying F-35Bs would mean the Canberra wouldn't carry enough amphibious landing gear.
These people should have been in charge of the America class LHA
>>
File: 1410543513594.jpg (62KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1410543513594.jpg
62KB, 612x612px
FUCK CANADA!!! YOU ALL SUCK ASS
>>
>>27917879
in all fairness no one lives in those areas on that map
>>
>>27917398
bad post desu
>>
>>27918360
>implying those are full, real divisions
>>
>>27919961
Looks really opposing but your police seem to lack guns.
>>
>>27920145

I live right on the edge of one of them, in Tucson. Hottest recorded temperature is 47 degrees Celsius but I'm sure it has the potential to get past 50 if the conditions are perfect. Most of the red region in Arizona only exists to get bombed by the Navy for fun.
>>
Australian navy beats Canadian navy any day of the week. Straya has destroyers and an aircraft carrier IRC. Canada has rubber duck boats for patrol craft.
Australia has far superior aircraft and helicopters in both quality and quantity.
But Canada has Leopard 2 tanks and heavier armor with more firepower. They also have infinetely better AA (ADATS) than Australia. Both have very good elite infantry (JTF2 and SASR). I think if Canada and Australia were bordering countries or if at least the Australian archipellago was to be as close to Canada as Michellon and the two countries went to war, I'd say Australia would win.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.