[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

State thread!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 31

File: ak-largeflag.png (15KB, 779x550px) Image search: [Google]
ak-largeflag.png
15KB, 779x550px
>Post your state and what's good/bad about it for gun owners

Alaska
>Federal laws are the only restrictions
>Firearms Freedom Act voids future Federal restrictions being enforced by state police
>Huge gun culture, on every lever of society
>Democrats, Republicans, and 'other' parties in state government have a shooting competition once a year to settle shit
>The Democrats have a few really good shooters and have won several times
>Good used gun prices if you shop around

The bad,
>No mail order ammo unless you want to pay a freight forwarding company nutty amounts of cash for hazmat fees
>Difficult to find a place to shoot due to a lack of logging roads (like Oregon has)
>State troopers have a stick so far up their asses they are corn dogs with legs.

So, how about your state?
>>
File: Alaska.jpg (2MB, 3984x2241px) Image search: [Google]
Alaska.jpg
2MB, 3984x2241px
>>27906872

I've never had a bad run in with the state troopers. Local PDs are a different story.
>>
>California
good:
guns aren't banned completely yet

bad:
everything else

that was fast
>>
>>27906994
Where at in Alaska?
>>
>>27906872
Oh shit, almost forgot

>The cold keeps a lot of yuppies out

Quick story about the kind of people that live here
>Truck slides into ditch at 2mph because there isn't a lot I can do to stop it going sideways
>Out of cell service, pissed at myself, nature, life
>Thanks Obama
>Suddenly, a wild Alaskan appears
>Giant snow boots, carharts cold weather overalls, marshmallow man jacked, ninja mask, watch cap, big blue crew cab Chevrolet
>Rolls down his window and hollers to see if I'm okay, I explain I'm fine, the truck is fine, only my ego is hurt, but I'm stuck and 4low isn't helping
>He jumps out and in the most redneck voice you can imagine proclaims he has tow chains
>Hauls my ass out laughing the whole time, tells me to have a good'un, and just takes the fuck off
I really wish I had a 30rack of beer I could give him. Although I think he had fun doing it.
>>
>>27906994
You deagle brand deagle CO?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>27906872
Difficult to find a place to shoot??? Where are you?
>>
File: 1968 Ford F250 Farm Land.jpg (690KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
1968 Ford F250 Farm Land.jpg
690KB, 1632x1224px
>>27907013

The pic? Mt. Baldy in Wasilla.
>>
File: Deagle Ownership Feels So Good.jpg (770KB, 2246x1414px) Image search: [Google]
Deagle Ownership Feels So Good.jpg
770KB, 2246x1414px
>>27907026

Yeah.
>>
File: 1446822721431.jpg (3MB, 6112x3624px) Image search: [Google]
1446822721431.jpg
3MB, 6112x3624px
>>27907028
Anchorage, fuck the local ranges they're prudes or expensive. And I mean little quickie range trips, I don't want to hump all these into the woods far enough back to avoid hikers calling the troopers.

>whittier is good, but it's a bit of a drive
>>
Washington

The Good
>Castle Doctrine
>No duty to retreat
>No magazine capacity restriction
>No FOID/Gun permits etc.
>No definition for assault weapon/no AWB
>Shall Issue CC
>Constitutional OC
>No gun signs carry no force of law (unless a valid RCW is cited in an applicable location--- Courthouses etc.)
>Lots of public land to shoot on
>Depending on where you live some nice ranges too
>SAF is based in Bellevue
>suppressors allowed

The Bad
>Our legislature is retarded and certain laws are incorrectly written on the posession/manufacture of SBR's as such, for the time being no Form 1 SBR's for private citizens. I am under the impression an FFL can still form 1 a build for you, just has to remain in their possession until complete?
>No SBS
>No AOW (I think?)
>No full auto outside of FFL 03 SSOT
>No private transfers as of December 21st 2014-- cannot be challenged until next december
>Seattle trying to pass ordinances to push gun shops out of city (ongoing lawsuit to combat this)

Probably forgot a few more good and bad, but outside of I-594 and a few NFA things, Washington is a pretty nice place for guns outside of Seattle. But we have a state preemption on firearms laws, so those crybaby nigger liberal faggots can screech and whine all they want, but cannot do anything about CC/OC/"assault weapons"/other shit large concentrations of kekolds try to force on people/etc. in the city (trying to get a foothold with this tax scheme they are attempting to implement, but that is besides the point.... for now)
>>
>>27907040
canadian detected
>>
>>27907040
Hey, I'm the rent-a-cop that you told to apply as a CO1

I stayed up all night, applied to the wasilla and anchorage facilities, and made it in a couple hours before they took them off the site.

Finished my Point McKenzie interview this afternoon and my Anchorage interview is friday. Thanks for pointing me in that direction man.
>>
>>27906872
Forgot
>Constitutional carry, CC/OC
>Hunting of every size of animal from baseball sized to small truck.
>>
>>27907053
Yeah but you're kinda lumping all of us into the can't find a place to shoot crowd. I've never heard of anyone having a hard time finding a place to shoot. Move out of Anchorage. I have family in Willow and we shoot off his second floor balcony.
>>
>>27907104
Good point, I retract my previous statement, Alaska is perfect, California can get fucked, lets all shoot homemade NFA in the woods because they're 'made in AK'
>>
>>27907058
Washington is cool and all, but just the fact that I-594 even passed is enough to give Seattle a slight nuking.
>>
File: Alaskan Sunrise 1968 Ford.jpg (483KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
Alaskan Sunrise 1968 Ford.jpg
483KB, 1632x1224px
>>27907070

Awesome. I wish you all the best. Remember too, if you find you don't like the job you can use it as a springboard toward other state jobs. Once you're in the door you can be set for life.
>>
>>27907275
Thanks, I really hope I get this Point McKenzie posting. Would give me an excuse to move to wasilla.

The interview was fucking weird, two older guys taking turns reading questions off a sheet and writing down my answers. I have no idea if I did well or not because it was nothing like any interview I've ever done.
>>
>>27907160
Yeah I wish I didn't actually like living here so much. Washington that is, not Seattle
>>
Georgia

The Good: "Guns everywhere" law means you can carry in schools, bars, churches, government buildings, airports, and on and on and on.

Bad: ???
>>
>>27907160
Most washington people hate seattle.
Too many fucking hippies, traffic is bad, they hate guns inside the city.
It's pretty much All of washington VS king county (seattle).
I just had a friend move from the city to an area north of there and he loves it already.
>>
>>27907546
What? REALLY?
You can carry EVERYWHERE?
Does that carry on to long guns?
Can i move to Georgia and be super autistic by carrying my rifle everywhere i go?
>>
>>27907546
Can't really think of anything bad gun related to GA either. Worst parts of the state were the humidity and I could never understand all the haitians/jamaicans.
>>
Maryland
>Good
Crabs
Larry Hogan
>Bad
Literally everything(Looking at you valley mall)
>>
>>27907053

this, rabbit creek range is fucking fudd land supreme.

>My ak doesn't have a way to keep the bolt open you fat fuck
>>
File: WAflag.png (46KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
WAflag.png
46KB, 2000x1000px
>I live in WA, Straya

>the good
some nice properties to shoot on
people typically have nice taste in firearms

>the bad
restricted as fuck gun laws
ridiculous licensing fees and waiting times
no semi-autos or pump action
no magazines above 10 rounds

At least I have my two guns, r-rite
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1536x2048px
Montana
>pro gun as fuck
>3 cops for a county the six of those island
> cops encourage you to carry
> land to shoot everywhere
> $100 gets you access to a hunting listener out of staters pay like $1500 for
> wild game everywhere
> innawoods everywhere

Cons
>long drive to get anywhere (but it's always beautiful one
>I miss my friends from back home
>>
>>27907035

i wish i could live there. so lucky anon.
>>
>>27908304
Forgot some pros
>muh craft brews
>muh guns allows at work
>muh hunting allowed at work
>>
>>27906872
i lived up in alaska for 3 years, i wish i could go back. thing is, family is on the east coast, and i dont like having to spend a fortune on traveling.

really beautiful place though.
>>
Idaho
>freedom of firearms act
>guns everywhere
>most people don't even consider Idaho so its like a state-sized hidden gem

>mega fuddland
>I get bored because innawoods is like the only thing to do. So the fudds here just fuck and do drugs and hunt.
>>
Wisconsin
>CCW recently
>can own pretty much anything provided you have the paperwork
Bad
>Need CCW license for Wisconsin to carry, so I'll have to get two when I turn 21
>>
File: image.jpg (397KB, 1500x1206px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
397KB, 1500x1206px
Michigan

Pros
>Microbreweries nearly in every town
>Hunting each rifle season attracts around 200,000-400,000 people
>Lots of deer
>Not taking any Syrians
>Can OC when 18
>Castle law
>stand your ground
>Deer are goddamn everywhere
>Hunting and forests everywhere
>Lake michigan is nice

Cons
>Deerborn is already a muslim town
>Detroit
>Flint
>Cant purchase handgun ammo until you're 21
>Despite all the fucking hunters you're likely to hit a deer at least twice
>>Detroit

Forgot image
>>
Kansas
pros-
>God-tier gun laws
>constitutional carry
>cops encourage you to carry

cons-
>scenery is mostly shit
>no mountains
>must go to Missouri for lakes, rivers, and innawoods
>>
File: ...ahahahahah!.gif (3MB, 432x245px) Image search: [Google]
...ahahahahah!.gif
3MB, 432x245px
>>27907310
>I have no idea if I did well or not because it was nothing like any interview I've ever done.
in all seriousness, I hope you did well.
>>
>>27907053
>including the Remington
I thought you disowned the thing.
>>
New Jersey

Good:
>Home defense is protected by our castle doctrine
>Can own any type of knife or other melee weapon within the home

Bad:
>Literally everything else is worse than every other state, even NY state besides 15 round mag cap and one "scary" feature allowed on semis
>>
>>27908840
>Deerborn
The nig you talking about son?
When I lived there is was white and Jewish as fuck
>>
Tennessee
Good
>castle doctrine
>no permit to purchase
>no permit to own
>no registration of firearms
>most everyone has funs
>low amount of libtards
>lots of places to shoot
>hunting widely accepted
>no duty to retreat
Bad
>lots of dumbass rednecks who don't know shit
>partial ban to carry in restaurants
>permit to OC
Tennessee's a pretty good gun state overall
>>
>>27909048

It's Deerbornistan now.
>>
What's the state with the most freedom concerning firearms?
>>
>>27909176
Alaska or Vermont
>>
>>27909216
How hard is it to move to one of those states as a non-citizen of the USA? I'm not kebab and from a developed country.
>>
>>27909233
Gotta find a job. That's the hard part as an immigrant.
>>
>>27909160

Lots of places to shoot at ranges or on public land?

Moving there in January.
>>
>>27909251
Isn't it quite easy to find a min wage/low paid job in a diner, restaurant or something like that?

I think joining the military is also possible to immigrants and eases the naturalization process, but I'm not sure.

I'd just like to move away from my nogunz country and live peacefully and modestly in the northeastern US.
>>
>>27909233
Not hard once you have some sort of residency in the US. Moving from state to state is completely unrestricted.

Note that if you move to Alaska and you're planning to drive, you have to cross through Canada.
>>
>>27909280
>some sort of residency
I've been looking around .gov websites and whatnot, but do you have an idea of a good way to quickly obtain residency, barring marriage?

>you have to cross through Canada
Is that a problem?
>>
>>27906872
Is Alaska worth moving to for law enforcement work?
>>
Connecticut
Good
>Castle Doctrine
>Hunting is decent around here
Bad
>No stand your ground (loophole through that though)
>Registering all guns that aren't bp
>10 Round mags
>May-issue permit state
>libtards everywhere
>>
>>27909306
Do you like dealing with tons of drunk natives who scream racist in slurred babble as you try to haul them into a drunk tank?
>>
File: featureless love.png (2MB, 800x1005px) Image search: [Google]
featureless love.png
2MB, 800x1005px
>>27907005
Nice try but you failed. You're probably from Boise or something tbqh cuz.

CALIFORNIA

GOOD
>everyone except the bay loves guns on some level (outside the bay you are either a redneck, a gangster, or a constituent of the LAPD)
>tons of ranges close to your house
>tons of BLM land an hour away
>can magdump 30 round assault caliber clips from an unregistered AR with no bullet-button and the ROs won't say anything (at least someone does it every time I go to the range)
>lots of local stores with reloading supplies
>good shooting weather year round

BAD
>mandatory registration for all transfers
>$35 cluckold fee for PPT
>fucking handgun roster
>random CCW issue policies from one county to the next
>hard to find websites that ship ammo (LA city only)
>mag caps
>bullet buttons
>ridiculous $25 safety cert before you can do a transfer unless you have hunting license
>hunting license requires a class and you need tags for hogs despite the fact that hogs are a menace to this state
>law enforcement exempt from what are supposed to be safety laws (meaning they aren't even pretending to be safety laws and we're just being clucked with no jimmy)
>everyone will shitpost about your state being the worst even though you're marginally better than New York and a couple other northeastern states
>>
>>27907058
>No private transfers
Do you mean transfers requiring no paperwork because I've bought a ton of used guns here and transferred them all fine. The only thing that sick is the gun shops jewing you on the fee. Makes me want to get all FFL
>>
>>27908840
616 bro here. What is Athens Coney Island?
>>
>>27909417
>The only thing that sick is the gun shops jewing you on the fee.
You guys didn't set a mandatory fee for that? Even CA had the wherewithal to lock in the price.
>>
>>27909408
>mandatory registration for all transfers
not for immediate family transfers or hand-me-downs. ie father to son, grandfather to son

but yes, fuck the bay. didnt buy a gun until i moved out of there.
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 460x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 460x300px
>>27909048
>Deerborn, Michigan
>>
>>27909048
It's spelled Dearborn, and it's full of terrorist, and hookah bars.
>>
>>27909430
The wording of the law was intentionally vague. Most of the gunners out here think it's a secret liberal conspiracy but it's more than likely just a product of people who don't understand the current laws writing new ones. Fees vary wildly from shop to shop and some won't even do it. Thinking aryhopndbout talking to my city council and and asking about me getting an FFL if they give office space to do free transfers and encourage people to follow the law
>>
>>27908304
i have a BUNCH of family in monata. ive always wanted to move there. my grandpa bought like 10 acres in the woods near calasbell way way way back in the day for like $2000. when he died my family sold it because "its too far away and its in the woods". they live in all the yuppie cities in the bay area (ca). evidently i have like 3 family members there that look exactly like me but ive never met them.
>>
File: 1440548127398.jpg (150KB, 720x954px) Image search: [Google]
1440548127398.jpg
150KB, 720x954px
Florida
The Good:
>god-tier self defense laws
>generally pro-gun populace, i'm sure college towns are bad but just about everyone i've met has been pro-gun and really cool (though, my town is sort of a college town and people are still really cool)
>generally pro-gun legislature as well, we've got some really nice laws on the books (for instance, gun regulations of any sort can ONLY be enacted at the state level, localities can't do shit so no chicago situations)
>pretty much everything goes, NFA, rope, bombs, you want it, it's yours friend, so long as you have enough rupees!
>home of zim-zam the unflim-flammable

The Bad:
>3 day waiting period on handgun purchases if you don't have a CCW
>no constitutional carry, and no open carry whatsoever (there's a bill right now to change that, but still ridiculous)
>hard to find nice places to shoot unless you or a friend lives in the boonies, no fancy BLM land, laws regarding shooting on public land are really iffy tbqph family
>important swing state, meaning we have a fair chance of fucking the nation as a whole over, we also elect a fair number of libruhls to congress
>lots of dindus, old people, and maniacs
>>
>>27908878
i lived in nebraska. i feel your pain. first time i shot was there, friend had a "kegger tattoo gun" party. 1 artists did small tats for free, everybody shot guns and we got drunk. ended the night putting holes in his farm truck with his 306 after they had a doughnut competition in the corn field.
>>
>>27908151
Twice as many as me, and I live in the US.
>>
>>27906872
>Switzerland

The good :
>Free SG550 when you're in the military
>Can buy virtually anything at 18, even FA
>No storage law like many Yurops countries have

The bad :
>Almost no CC/OC whatsoever
>Places for shooting are expensive and/or only for the swiss military weapons
>No shootings outside those places
>My canton (Geneva) is full of liberals that want to take or weapons, and ban our army
>>
>>27909550
That's so sad. To be able to have such great gear and not be able to use it
>>
>>27909550
How easy is it for a non-refugee foreigner to become swiss?
Could someone who speaks german sign up for military service?
>>
File: Fass 90.jpg (125KB, 574x382px) Image search: [Google]
Fass 90.jpg
125KB, 574x382px
>>27909574
It's pretty hard, but you can have some residence permit, and I think you can have guns with those (Except if you are from "forbidden country")
And you have to be swiss to go to the swiss military

>>27909565
We could carry without permit until 1996 IIRC, then the libs took our right to carry away
>MFW I still believe that one day, every swiss citizen will be allowed to carry
>>
>>27906872
>Kentucky
Pretty much everything is good. Shall issue state where the sherriffs don't fuck you around in my experience. The cops are gun friendly and don't act like pricks. Everyone has guns. We have a state law stating that no local firearms ordinances can be stricter than state law. Allowed to open carry, including being allowed to carry a loaded gun in your vehicle in any factory installed compartment,(glovebox, center console), without a CCW. Gun shops everywhere.

The bad:
Still do concealed licenses instead of constitutional carry, and when there's a gun scare ammo runs out fast since everyone owns guns.
>>
>>27909355
Sounds like a blast
>>
Ohio
>No magazine capacity laws
>No AWB
>No registry
>No license to buy
>Shall-Issue (honestly though, this is the norm in most places)
>All NFA allowed
>Hunting with suppressors is legal
>All four seasons so you can operate, operationally in the sun, mud, and snow
>State is mostly neutral when it comes to guns although we currently have a pro-gun government
>Constitutional Open Carry
>Constitutional Concealed Carry is in a bill in the house right now
>Private sales allowed

Really, we don't have much in the way of regulation. The whole state is pretty awesome.

The bad
>No public land, so you better have land or know somebody who does
>Outdoor ranges are difficult to come by depending on where you live
>We don't have Stand Your Ground laws, but one is currently in the house
>It's still Ohio
>>
>>27909597
What are forbidden country?
>>
Nevada reporting in. Clark County is one of the few places with handgun registration, but state laws are more or less decent. I got my CCW pretty easily. If there's a negative, it's that living in shady ass north town is gonna make me shoot a nigga one of these days.
>>
>>27909795
People form some countries can't have access to guns (can't rent them, ect...)
It's country like Kosovo, Macédonia, Turquia, Algéria, Serbia, Albania ect...
>>
South Dakota!
Pros.
Basically no gun laws.
Lots of space
No People
Everyone owns guns

Cons.
No People
Shitty Winters
Still need a concealed carry permit, only sort of a con because a chimp with downers could get the permit.
Snow
Wind
Flying Ice
Drunken Natives

Pictured, and average winter day in South Dakota. Wind speed of 25-75mp/h because fuck humans.
>>
>>27909878
Sounds like a dream to me ;_;
>>
>>27909277
>>27909294
Please respond
>>
>>27909597
Damn, I was hoping I could stomp around in the Alps for a few years and get some nice Swiss citizenship and a free rifle.
I guess my foreign military dreams will be stuck with the FFL.
>>
File: 1447296530765.jpg (115KB, 625x725px) Image search: [Google]
1447296530765.jpg
115KB, 625x725px
Florida

The good
>No restrictions on firearms
>SYG and Castle Doctrine
>Lots of good gun stores
>Disney, Universal, and Bush Gardens
>Spess Center

The bad
>3-day wait on handguns
>No OC, no campus carry, no constitutional carry
>Old people, Puerto Ricans, and Cubans everywhere
>Detroit-level crime in my area
>More humid than the devil's taint during a tennis match
>Rain, rain, rain endlessly in the summer
>Barely any public land
>California transplants are flocking here
>horrible cities in general
>if you live in South Florida, good luck finding a decent range

Can't wait to move, honestly. Lived here for most of my life, and lived in almost every corner of this state. I really can't wait to move to North Carolina.
>>
>>27909878
Ha, very true friendo
>>
>>27910086
You don't sound like you're from Florida, or have ever lived here.
>>
Indiana

The good
>no gun restrictions at the state level
>license to carry a handgun is easy to get
>population is pretty pro gun, even in college towns
>11% of adults have a license to carry
>good microbrews
>cost of living is cheap as fuck
>Governor of Freedom just said fuck off to Obama and his Syrian refugees
>legal to carry on college campuses

The bad
>not much government land to shoot on
>no constitutional carry
>although it's legal to carry on campus, you can still get kicked out of school for doing so.
>Northwest Indiana
>>
>>27910122
u wot

I live in Cocoa you dumb nigger.
>>
>>27907058
AOW are allowed.
>>
>>27909408
>can magdump 30 round assault caliber clips from an unregistered AR with no bullet-button and the ROs won't say anything

Honestly this. Nobody (other than the faggots that wrote the laws) cares about the laws as long as you don't get caught doing something stupid. Knife and castle laws are also pretty good. And yeah, fuck the Bay and Hollywood too, but everywhere else is pretty ok with guns. Muh weather too.
>>
>>27907602
Are you high? Most of the aging hippies around here are monied and not much different from Eastern WA conservatives. I'm a member of a couple different clubs that's well-attended by locals and transplants alike. Seattle is not Capitol Hill, dude.
>>
>>27909746
Theres a good gun range a bit south of Dayton near Middletown. But anywhere north of that I have no idea.
>>
Massachusetts

Bad:
>Permit required to own anything
>CCW permit is may-issue
>1994 AWB is still in effect
>Handguns must be on an approved list for a dealer to touch them
>All transactions must be reported to the state
>State illegally sues companies that mail order ammo into MA
>Guns must be locked up unless on your person
>No rifle hunting
>Almost zero public/rental ranges
>Anywhere near the city is incredibly anti-gun

Good:
>It's not CA, NJ, NY, CT, HI, etc.
>All scary guns are legal as long as they comply with 1994
>No caliber restrictions
>You'll usually get your CCW when you apply
>Lots of gun stores and lots of private shooting clubs
>Home of several major gun companies
>Very nearby to VT, NH, ME
>Great opportunity to get cheap unwanted guns from grandchildren who don't have permits
>You can sell $10 preban mags for $20 all day long
>>
>>27909504
There is open carry if you are hunting, camping, fishing or going to the range
>>
PA

Good

>everyone and their mother has at least one gun
>lots of hunters, so everyone in general knows how to use and maintain said guns
>because most of the state is conservative outside of philly, there are a lot of pro gun seat holders who won't let gun control bills pass

Bad

>Tom Wolf
>Fudds fucking everywhere
>due to a shooting of a lawyer at a game lands range outside of Carlisle, range regulations are pants on head retarded (only allowed 4 shots in magazine at any given time, have to pay $30 to use them even though our taxes pay for it)
>>
Illinois

Good
>Good hunting

Bad
>F.O.I.D. card (Firearm Owner's Identification card) gotta have one to own a gun, buy ammo, even a gun cleaning mat!
> Have to renew FOID card every 5 years (costs $10 though)
>Chicago - if you live there you're fucked, no funs what so ever
>two past governors in prison, state is broke, home of Obama & birthplace of Hillary

Probably missing a bunch but that is it in a nutshell. Didn't know if anyone ever heard of the FOID card outside of Illinois
>>
>>27910184
>Northwest Indiana
I think that's pretty much agreed upon state wide save for the ones that live there.
>>
>>27906872

I'll add some more for you.

Pros
>permit to carry is 5 bucks for the sheriff to google you
>nobody gives a shit about OC/CC/etc.
>libs are very limited
>everything is cheap (except for garys guns in sufu, fucking scalpers)

Cons
>next to minnesota, and we get overflow from them all the time (LSS thank you)
>actually requires a permit to carry (based homeland of AK does not)
>sioux falls pd is dicks
>permit to carry is about to get retarded
>>
>>27913229
meant for
>>27909878
>>
>>27909408
YES

Gun owners stick together, unless you act like a faggot then its on you

>tfw CA
>tfw all my guns have hicap mags
>tfw I use said mags every time I go shooting

Owning and using them isn't illegal, aside from certain cities
>>
File: minnesota.jpg (127KB, 959x771px) Image search: [Google]
minnesota.jpg
127KB, 959x771px
Minnesota
>No AWB
>Landlords can't ban you from owning guns.
>If work bans guns they need to let you keep it in your car.
>Just got suppressors legalized
>Pretty good areas to shoot

Bad:
>One bad state election away from an AWB attempt like in 2012
>Stupid "Permit to Purchase" for "assault weapons" and pistols. Just apply at local PD and it takes 3 days, but still a pain in the ass.
>Liberal fuck governor
>Good land but lots of it is private. Shit zoning laws mean your hidden shooting area is probably 500 yards away from a shitty backwoods house.
>No campus carry
>Fuck Minneapolis
>>
>>27913315
>minnesota
>minneapolis
>claims to be not somalian

YOU HAVE TO GO BACK
>>
>>27908129
He told me to shove spent brass into my AKs action. Then starded harassing me about loading more than ten rounds in a mag.
>>
>>27913315
We need to update this, we have supressors now
Its getting better guys :)
>>
>>27908984
It makes my Epeen look bigger.
>>27908943
You have no idea how stoked I would be to have that job.
>>
>>27909408
i live in bay i leik gun
>>
File: 1429984604420.jpg (167KB, 860x661px) Image search: [Google]
1429984604420.jpg
167KB, 860x661px
Southern New York (State):

Good:
>Believe it or not, AOWs are okay, and so are some destructive devices
>A couple of counties are de-facto shall issue
>Even the libs are pretty understanding of guns/gun owners/hunting if you approach the topic right.
>Gun store employees are friendly as fuck.
>Pennsylvania's pretty close when you want a taste of freedom.
>Inadvertently brought the ARES SCR into the world.

Bad:
>Loads of fudds.
>SAFE Act
>10 round mag limit (Yep. We managed to get a tiny, three round sliver of freedom back. Even New York has a little hope).
>SAFE Act
>Everyone outside of home thinks you're from NYC.
>SAFE Act
>The City is pretty much North Korea.
>SAFE Act
>Mordor- er... I mean, urban New Jersey is really close by.
>Did I mention the god damned SAFE Act?
>Just in case,
>The fucking SAFE Act
>>
Did I say "a couple of counties?"

My bad. Throughout New York, most counties are de-facto shall issue. Just not in the libistani counties.
>>
>Texas
>nothing found.

Goddammit, I have to go back in from lunch. Hope someone updates this soon.
>>
>>27909445
>one sign determines an entire city
>>
File: This-guy-is-selling-his-shotgun.jpg (42KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
This-guy-is-selling-his-shotgun.jpg
42KB, 700x525px
Delaware

>No suppressors... Period.
>May issue state, but only criminals don't get approved
>no magazine capacity limitations

It's a blue state, but not as bad as alot of states.
>>
>>27914353
Where you from brother?
Rochester bro representing western NY
>>
File: 1446627043761.jpg (165KB, 761x800px) Image search: [Google]
1446627043761.jpg
165KB, 761x800px
So has this established AK as the best?

>MFW AKs win again
>MFW the state that used to be Russian has AK as the initials
>>
>>27914353
>Ares scr
>standard quality for premium price
>>
>>27909408
South Bay area reporting
>every tech company in the area has their own skeet teams,
>and there are like 8 operating gun stores within 30 minutes of my house
Bad
>vast majority of ranges in the area are shit
>sheriff in santa Clara is cuntious maximus
>>
>>27914455
Way south. New York Metro area.

>>27914567
Eh. I just like how it looks and the fact that it lets me have some form of NY Legal AR-15 without it looking like ass.

I always liked traditional grip rifles the best, but that's just me.
>>
>>27914694
I would probably buy one if it was the cost of other lowers, but it's not
>>
>>27914507
Maine might argue with that.
>>
>>27914371
Texas

Good
>Stand your ground and castle doctrine like a bitch
>Legal to shoot hookers in the back
>Very few antis
>Texas Firearms Festival
>No mag limits, or any other AWB shit
>Strong military culture
>Finally getting OC for pistols
>Just passed knife preemption laws
>Just added hunting and fishing as constitutional rights
>Can do pretty much whatever the fuck you want on private land and fuckhueg ranches, and the occasional isolated beach
>Strong Constitution that is difficult as fuck to change

Bad
>Not a Constitutional Carry state
>Dumb as fuck knife/club restrictions
>Little public land
>Horrible cops when it comes to guns
>CC license fees are absurd
>Fudds, Fudds errywhere
>Republicans will sell out progun legislation for any public servant saying it makes them piss their pants
>Retarded campus carry law going into effect, convoluted as fuck ATM
>>
>>27914792
Almost forgot

>OC is licensed only, and cops have stated they intend to harass OCers
>>
Utah

Good
>everything

Bad
>nothing

if you want to get into the alcohol laws and certain religious types that's a whole different story
>>
>>27914416
pretty much this

also
>Wilmington (dindus)
>tons of indians
>>
>>27913315
>Minnesota

Things could be better, but fuck they're not terrible. I went the C&C permit route for semi-auto funs.
>>
>>27908304
Wherein?
>>
>>27908375
>hunting allowed at work
What? Where do you work? Do you shoot squirrels from a cubicle?
>>
Illinois (outside of Cook County)

>Craft Beer & Brewpubs all over
>No mag or "assault weapons" ban
>Friend a farmer to shoot on their land or fish on their pond without worry
>Carry concealed with partial conceal
>Open carry down south because they don't give a damn
>Mail order ammo to get around state taxes
>Places don't realize they need the state certified sign to ban ccl from carry
>All you need to do is talk about bears, blackhawks, bulls to fit in
>Castle Doctrine & Stand Your Ground laws without triggering the liberals by using those terms
>You have a CCL from another state? It's legit as long as you stay in your car as you drive through.

Cons
>Foid
>CCL needs 16 hours
>Dat CCL waiting period for no prints
>Waiting periods for guns
>OMG more waiting for handguns?
>Always being associated with Chicago
>State turns blue despite everyone else voting red
>>
>>27914992
Not him but I've got out of my truck to walk into work and popped rabbits, gophers and a Hungarian partridge in the parking lot. It's technically illegal, but the cops don't give a fuck here.
>>
>>27914933
I'm in Felton
>>
File: Flag_of_Victoria_(Australia).svg.png (54KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Victoria_(Australia).svg.png
54KB, 2000x1000px
>>27906872
Victoria
Bad
>Its in Australia
Good
>I dont get shot at while i'm at school
>>
>>27909814
hang gun registry is gone ya retard
>>
>>27909814
living in vegas here, where've you been? blue card isn't needed anymore
>>
>>27915008
I also forgot:
>No suppressors, ever... well maybe for hunting, but hunting for shotguns only
>SBR maybe, kinda, it's complicated as in how much of a gun nut is your local CLEO
>>
>>27915020
ah. thanks
>>
can anyone from Nebraska chime in?
>>
>>27909445
>Korean church in Ann Arbor
>"SEE IT'S ALL FUCKIN JAPS"
>>
>>27909746
The bad
>it isn't Michigan
>>
>>27911870
Bad
>fucking everything
>it's Illinois
>>
>>27914773
How? What could Maine possibly have to compete with /AK/? Meanwhile, Alaska has the best gun laws in the country.
>>
Even discounting our laws that allow you to cc without a permit outside cities and our lack of restrictions on anything, we have the Montana Freedom of Firearms Act which has to be the most freedom in America.
>>
hey guys i am canadian. what state would I want to go to have legal access to gats as soon as possible? I hear if I live in some states for 90 days they'll clear me to hav gun
>>
>>27915127
Alaska has constitutional carry everywhere but government buildings and has it's own Firearms Freedom Act
>>
>>27914702
I don't get much choice in the matter.

I'm a poorfag but I have STANDARDS, DAMMIT...

STANDARDS THAT I... probably can' afford to have.
>>
>>27910184
nope, I moved to northwest Indiana about a year ago from PHX. It's shit. I carry a gun more here than I did anywhere else outside of a war zone.

currently: Indiana.

PROS:
>decent gun laws about on par with all the other states I've lived in(Kansas, Missouri, Arizona)
>hunting is OK.
>apparently there's black bear here.
>decent weather

CONS:
>still trying to get a feel, but it feels mostly like
>fudds, fudds everywhere. overly expensive shit
>tier guns because they're fudds and don't
>really know how to work on guns. fucking
>fudds.

>and then they are the druggy white
>dickcheeses, the wanna be "gangstas", and
>the fucking college COD fags.
>anywhere I want to go shooting, I'm limited to 25yrds at best
>or there's only two lanes open with again, fudds taking the lanes for HOURS
>trying to get into competitive shooting is like try to find the meaning of fucking life.
>everyone avoids you like the fucking plague, maybe point you into a direction,
>but no one wants to help you.
>it's like the skull and crossbones society it's ridiculous.

>gay caliber limits for hunting.

>not as much deer as everybody says.* and not as big either.

>no constitutional carry

>I have no idea if there is a castle law and if it extends to the yard and car (yeah KC)

In all honesty, I'm just here for work. very beautiful state! reminds me alot of central and southern Missouri. but, the laws are just a tad lacking. I blame Chicago honestly.

*I grew up spending my summers wondering the hills of Missouri. I'm from KC where, in my sub-district, it was legal to hunt deer with a bow in my neighborhood. Also deer is so unbelievably abundant, that during deer season, it's unlimited doe and 1 buck.
>>
>>27915093
Nice handgun registration you've got up there. :^)
>>
>>27915036
>be Aussfag
>go to school
>three kids die from wildlife at recess
>lunch fights more than usual, staffy loses a hand
>abo kid gets stabbed like it's the Ides of March
>let out early, eldritch portal opened up nearby and the creatures are breeding with our wildlife
>not much changes
>go home
>only get stabbed a few times
>house is in lelbourne
>keks yell at me for being male-gendered
>one of them stabs me
>reach home
>spider ate my dog and my mom
>do homework
>go to bed
>laughs of New Zealanders haunt my dreams
>>
>>27915156
Does yours allow suppressors to be sold within state without records or tax stamps?

Don't get me wrong, I fucking love Alaska, and we will always be brothers in liberty.
>>
>>27915186
Better to keep the niggers from getting ghetto-blasters than to be dealing with legislation aimed at stopping Al-fucking-Capone
>>
>>27914869
Sign me up
>>
>>27906872

Nevada

Good:
>shall issue ccw
>No NFA restrictions
>No duty to inform LEO that you're carrying
>Can ignore "no gun" signs unless they're gov buildings
>Can carry into bars
>Oh yeah, alcohol laws here are awesome
>Also legal hookers
>It's a desert, lots of BLM land

Bad:
>It's a desert
>Crime is coming into nevada from CA, lots of hispanics in northern NV and hispanic gangs from sacramento and shit
>Dealing with same drought shit that CA is

Overall: pretty good
>>
>>27915031
Newark here
>>
>>27915254
>desert
>bad
someone hasn't watched enough Mad Max or played enough FNV
>>
>>27915109
If I could move, I would. Only good is I'm in Southern Illinois, surrounded by the Shawnee National Forest, coal miners, and nothing else.
>>
>>27915193
Sorry but I lolled.
>>
>>27914402

It's a known fact that Dearborn has the largest muslim population in the state if not the US.

Everyone here calls it Dearbornistan. Fucking goddamn HAMTRAMCK city council is now majority muslim too.
>>
>>27909233

Fly to Mexico
walk across US border
tell first libtard you meet you're a syrian refugee, and totally not a terrorist
get welcomed you with open arms
>>
>>27907005
>YET
Fucking. At least feinstein will retire/die eventually.
>>
>>27915121
Maine has everything AK has and we have no problems getting ammo. Our CC is actually better, 18+ can CC if military.

Also you can OC in bars.
>>
>>27915205
I call bullshit on that, you're telling me you can make a suppressor and shoot it at a public range with no paperwork?

>>27915398
I've seen people carry in bars here, I need to check on the legality of that.

Either way, sounds like a great place
>>
File: 1377300523264.jpg (71KB, 378x566px) Image search: [Google]
1377300523264.jpg
71KB, 378x566px
>>27915193
>laughs of New Zealanders haunt my dreams.
>>
>>27915545
"As of 2013, Alaska passed HB69, which made it unlawful for any state assets to go toward the enforcement of federal gun laws, an act of de facto nullification.[5] State laws still apply."
>>
>>27915655
Troopers still enforce the NFA and federal regulations
>>
>>27909489
>my grandpa bought like 10 acres in the woods near calasbell
>calasbell

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalispell,_Montana

Yeah you'd fit right in up there...
>>
>>27914792

>implying that's a bad thing
>>
>>27916933
wait nvm just reread it.
>>
>>27906872
New Mexico
The Land of Entrapment
>>The good
>Shall issue CCW
>Lots of open space to shoot
>No magcap restrictions
>No duty to inform police officer
>Can carry in car in plain sight, no bullshit

>>The bad
>No campus carry
>Can't ccw on rez land
>Not firearms related but no automatic knives

>>The ugly
>No castle doctrine
>No trayvon law, er, I mean, stand your ground law
>Shit load of heroin users and all around sketchy people, who won't hesitate to stab you in the neck for 5 dollars and your shoes
>>
>>27909417
That's not a private transfer
>>
>>27914061

never got harassed about mags, used a hot pink plastic covered allen wrench to hold the bolt slightly open which still didn't satisfy him. Almost told him to go fuck himself, but he was trying to fuck my half-native friend and gave us a couple of free passes.

>Fuck rabbit creek
>>
>>27909746
Ohio.
You forgot.
The good
It's not michigan
Mostly progun
CCW issued by county not city.
Armslist is still legal

The bad.
Cleveland
Cincinnati
>>
>>27917882
>trying to fuck my half-native friend
That's actually pretty funny.

Where do you shoot now? Been to Maud road after the upgrade?
>>
>>27909504
You forgot to mention all the fucking transplants/snowbirds
Also
>Publix
>>
>>27917935
Cincy dindu nuffin wrong

Dayton and Springfield are the real shitholes
>>
>>27917993

Moved to Colorado for work three years ago, shoot on private land now. I miss Alaska but, not Anchorage. Also life is way easier here in Colorado Springs. My favorite range was always Birchwood. There's a secret hidden range all of us locals used to use that's just a little bit further down the road, you're welcome to it.
>>
>>27918014

drunk as shit right now so my punctuation is off. Here's the location of the secret range for any Alaskan /k/ users near the birchwood area

https://www.google.com/maps/@61.4177781,-149.5111898,3a,75y,308.9h,75.15t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1shDjT6RT9nZAAFnr8g84cww!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
>>
>>27909626
This.
>>
File: queensland-logo.png (7KB, 243x76px) Image search: [Google]
queensland-logo.png
7KB, 243x76px
Q U E E N S L A N D

Pros:
>Literally the best state in Australia for firearm laws (NT doesn't count as it's a territory not a state :^))
>Pretty much any type of hunting available
>Police don't give to fucks for gun owners, chillest police in Australia imho
>Aside from slightly left-wing fuckfest in Brisbane most people are either pro-gun or neutral
>Best gunshops in the country (QGE, Rebel and Owen. Although Clevers are literally cancer)
>Beautiful and diverse country, from Deserts to Jungles and everything in-between: Outdoor lovers wet dream

Cons:
>still a bastion of 'Conservative Labor', which like it's federal counterparts is slowly turning into an SJW and therefore really anti-gun. Most people don't realise this though
>Prices are more expensive than down south
>Postage fees astronomical
>Maoris. Fucking Maoris
>Also venomous snakes.
>Irukandji
>>
>>27918043
Is that the same road as Birchwood? I'll have to check it out.

I use Birchwood for the 300m gongs and the shooting competitions they have.

I've lived all over the US, I ended up back in Alaska for some reason.
>>
>>27918073

Same road. Had a going away party and set all the abandoned cars on fire so they put up a no shooting sign. Just ignore that shit.
>>
>>27918081
Awesome, thanks
>>
File: Snapchat-1000569311641031755.jpg (581KB, 1080x1776px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1000569311641031755.jpg
581KB, 1080x1776px
>>27906872
California

Good
>guns still legal
>are fighting the libs back and sometimes win

Bad
>can only do this at night
Whats it feel like to open carry in a free state
>>
>>27909408
This is true
>>27918272 agrees
At least were not NJ or NY, or got forbid illinois
>>
>>27909018
>Can own any type of knife or other melee weapon within the home

Literally what, this counts as a plus?
Fuck even in commiefornia we aint that bad
>>
>>27908304
What kind of Game does MT have?
>>
>>27910086
Florida is a hellhole. I lived in a nice, small village that had a country club so thankfully it was like 98% white.
>>
>>27918340
Leave Will Keith alone, he's special.
>>
>>27908840
>no handgun ammo til 21
I believe thats a federal thing
>>
>>27909048
Dearborn has had, for a long time now, the largest arab population center outside of the middle east.
>>27909460
>>27909445
Dearborn kebab is best kebab. They own liquor stores in the ghetto and mind their own business. Arab americans have never caused problems
>>
>>27914801
What cops have stated that they would harrass open carry?
>>
>>27915334
Being that Hamtramck is surrounded on all sides by detroit, would you rather have city council be all niggers?
>>
>>27908840
Das about right maynge
Muh scury firearms send the libs around my area for the hills
>>
>>27918741
HPD, Austin PD, DPS, SAPD that I've heard from personally. My local PD said there will need to be an "adjustment period" of 6 to 12 months after the law goes into effect.
>>
File: ok_2.1.png (486KB, 923x770px) Image search: [Google]
ok_2.1.png
486KB, 923x770px
>>27906872
OKLAHOMA

Great
>God tier knife laws
>Gun culture like no other
>Castle Doctrine
>Stand your ground
>No such thing as liberals here
>Hideaway Pizza

Good
>Plenty of farmland to go and shoot on
>Muh cost of living
>Our food is too good
>The niggers in Langston can't even make their own country a blue country
>BBQ
>Laws are becoming less and less strict on guns
>Can always find a job somewhere
>Cheap gas

Bad
>Weather
>Tornados
>WEATHER
>TORNADOS
>Always pushed out of the spotlight from Texas. /K/omandos just need to give us a chance
>TORNADOS
>Meth heads
>Mexicans in southern OKC
>Nobody lives in this state
>Nothing to really do here
>Whiskey Niggers out east
>Not constitutional carry

Terrible
>Worst booze laws in the nation.

It's great living here. You can start up a conversation about guns here in my town, and they'll invite you over to look at their guns. And even the meth heads leave people alone. They'll just steal your copper when you're not looking.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-18-11-09-08.png (268KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-18-11-09-08.png
268KB, 720x1280px
>>27909273
Every blue marker is a shooting range.
>>
>>27909273
Also there's over 7,000 acres of public land in Tennessee
>>
>>27915276
Not >>27915254 , but I kinda like trees and water.
>>
>>27909018
>>Home defense is protected by our castle doctrine
NJ doesn't have castle doctrine,
>>
>>27909176
Arizona has been #1 for years
>>
>>27919858
Bitch, AK would like a word with you, and apparently so would Maine
>>
>>27909277
You have to have a career bringing in at minimum US$60,000 per annum to get Permanent Residency. You also have to live here for a minimum of three years before you can be considered for P.R.
>>
>>27909814
grew up in reno and really wanna move back. is it still possible to get full auto in nv?
>>
Michigan
Pros. Laws that prohibit soccer mom's from fucking with your guns. Fresh water every where. Great winters and summers.
Cons. winter. Literally can get sealed in your house The Shining style.
>>
>>27908840
You a uper eh?
>>
>>27907604
Can't carry in schools below college. And any church or bar or government building can put a little "No Berettas" sign in the window and they can throw you out if you're caught carrying.

And you can't carry beyond the security checkpoint in airports. Not completely free yet.

Bads:
Still need a carry license.
Next door to shitty states. South Carolina has bum-fuck gun laws and won't recognize your carry license.
>>
>>27915207
>Better to keep the niggers from getting ghetto-blasters
>implying registration does anything to deter crime
You are the worst kind of person and should kill yourself.
>>
>>27920241
Dem soccer moms are nasty here, but they a shit when actually confronted.
Muh swimming, muh deer
>>
>Washington State
>Pros:
>Self defense is perfectly legal
>No duty to retreat
>No AWB/Magazine restrictions
>No Permits needed
>Shall issue CC, Constitutional CC in the works
>Constitutional OC
>Freedom of Firearms Act is the works
>Vast and changing geographic areas to shoot and hunt at
>Extremely nice ranges in most places
>Suppressors allowed
>NFA Laws are being looked into and changed
>Great jobs and salaries just about everywhere
>High standards of living and one of the highest personal income States
>No State income or corporate taxes
>Decent homes can be bought for as low as $147,200

Neutral/Slightly Pro:
>Decriminalized marijuana
>Medical Marijuana(My 15 year old daughter has to use Medical Cannabis for a gynæcological condition. Which, is awkward with me being Washington State Patrol and me having to buy it for her.)

>Cons:
>NFA Laws
>Constitutional OC(In cities. It looks retarded)
>No private transfers for Non-LE - does not apply to Law Enforcement personnel and select Private Armed Security personnel/companies
>Seattle
>Business, Occupation and/or Public Utility Taxes
>Federal Taxes. So, you are bound to get raped if you make more than $100,000 per annum

Washington beats the hell out of when I was living in the UK(Wales is my Country of up-bring) and Switzerland(Country of Birth). I have not been back to Europe once for over 23 years despite holding Swiss and UK Citizenship's, along with my US Citizenship.
>>
>>27918456
Elk, mule deer, whitetail deer, Rams, mountain goats, mountain lions, black bears, wolfs, grizzly bears (defensive shootings only) moose, coyote, bobcat, badger, fox, rabbit, squirrel, grouse, etc....
>>
File: 2013-04-09 17.48.52.jpg (2MB, 1840x3264px) Image search: [Google]
2013-04-09 17.48.52.jpg
2MB, 1840x3264px
>>27909878
SD represent.
Thread posts: 202
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.