[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Open Carry in your own Home

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 12

File: holster.jpg (213KB, 973x1500px) Image search: [Google]
holster.jpg
213KB, 973x1500px
Many of you guys here open carry. Im in AZ, and i see it all the time. However, I saw something recent that was rather odd..... Me and my girlfriend went to one of her buddys house because her buddy just had a baby, to say hi and meet the baby. You know, typical suburban shit. Her husband open carries in public. No big deal. However, when we got there, I noticed that he open carries in his house. I asked him why he does that, and couldn't really get a straight answer. I also found out he carries 100% of the time in his own home, not just when guests arrive.

Personally I understand why you would want to open carry in public, we live in a crazy world.

I can not for the life of me think of a reason why one would open carry all the time in their own home.

I can completely understand grabbing your gun inside of your house if something suspicious happens in or around the house. However, in that scenario, one would grab their gun, determine the level of danger, and then react accordingly, whether it be using it, calling the police, or figuring out it was nothing.

The neighborhood isn't really a bad neighborhood or anything, so im chalking this up to complete and utter paranoia.

Is my girlfriend's buddies' husband completely paranoid? Can any of you come up with a legit reason to open carry in your own home all the time?

Do any of you open carry in your own home?
>>
>>27796170
I don't "open" carry. But I do just leave whatever's on my belt, on my belt.
>>
>>27796170

Well, you never know when vibrant cultures will find and enrich YOU.
>>
I always carry my gun around my home. Almost always in my hand though. I dunno it's just a habit now and it's never been a problem.

>I can completely understand grabbing your gun inside of your house if something suspicious happens in or around the house.
How do you grab your gun in a hurry if it's in another room?
>>
>>27796219
Is it the first thing you put on after your belt?
>>27796227
so paranoia?
>>
>>27796170
So it's okay to carry a gun outside, but not in my own home? Because bad shit just stops at my door, right?
>>
>>27796256
So I guess this is more or less a normal thing?
>>
>>27796170
>Can any of you come up with a legit reason to open carry in your own home all the time?

Why should I NOT OC in my house?

>...in that scenario, one would grab their gun...
Kinda hard to grab something that's on another side of the house from where you are, isn't it?
>>
>>27796170
I do it, not because I'm paranoid, but because I'm lazy. Well...I openly conceal carry in my house. When I get home, I take off my cover garment and my Glock 19 remains in my DeSantis IWB holster. I first started doing it to get used to it, but being a creature of habit, I just stuck with it and I'm too lazy to go put it up. On the bright side, if I ever am surprised and need to use force, I've got a gun ready.
>>
>>27796170
I CC in my house, mostly because I don't have any OWB holsters. If I decide to take it off my belt, I always have the gun close by. I live in a neighborhood full of diversity, and I have about 6 roommates. We never lock our front door because of that reason (My room is locked and my funs are safed, though). So who's to say some ill-intentioned person wouldn't just waltz right in some day? Wouldn't want to be caught off-guard, would I?
>>
>>27796246
you walk around your house with a gun in your hand... constantly?

/k/, a magical place
>>
>>27796383
No, I'm usually sitting or laying down sleeping. Who walks around constantly? (lol)
But yeah I carry my handgun or rifle with me when I'm at home and keep it within reach at all times. It's just habit at this point.
>>
>>27796430
So, you sleep with a gun in your hand?
>>
>>27796579
No, that's retarded.
>keep it within reach at all times.
>>
>>27796598
What about when you're showering?
>>
>>27796170

100% of home invasions happen at home.

Also I'm lazy so when I come back home I just keep my ccw gun on my person, because why the fuck not?
>>
>>27796624
Pistol on the toilet tank less than a foot away from the tub/curtain. Or rifle leaned up between the tank and the tub.
>>
>>27796624
Not him but who doesn't?
What if you pull open your shower curtain and theirs a spooky skeleton right outside?
I keep my mossberg right next to my shitter.
>>
File: han-solo-shrug.gif (3MB, 700x298px) Image search: [Google]
han-solo-shrug.gif
3MB, 700x298px
>>27796170
The only time I don't have a gun on me is if I'm in pajamas, the shower, or California. And in those situations I'll still have one as close as is practical.
>>
>>27796624

I guess I'm a paranoid son-of-a-bitch but I have a dedicated bathroom gat for tactical shower operations. I keep a Beretta 92S hidden inside a tissue box, basically. No kids, so I don't have to worry about child access or any shit like that.
>>
I always carry at home in a PistolWear Trump Card worn around my waist. Super comfy
>>
>>27796170
no one robs shitty neighborhoods m8
>be you
>stay home from work because maguffin
>jackin it in the living room
>boom
>crash
>bix nood nigga make sure to grab the Xbox
would you rather have the gun on your hip or in your nightstand on the other side of the house? your options are to always carry a gun or have guns all over your house; which do you think is more practical?
>>
>>27796170
I carry all the time in my house. Hell, I sleep iwb. I do it because I'm slow and couldn't make it to my guns if someone broke in on me. Shit happens fast.
>>
File: 8_02.jpg (26KB, 553x351px) Image search: [Google]
8_02.jpg
26KB, 553x351px
>>27796709
>I sleep iwb
>>
I shove the spoon down my pistol barrel and eat cereal like that in morning.

And you better believe that USP is resting on my thigh when I'm jerking off.

Only a fool would be caught in his own home unarmed.
>>
Because why not? If he just had a baby though, maybe his parental instincts are just higher than normal and they're telling him to keep his newborn safe.
>>
When I get home I sling my vz. It's on my lap right now. I even take it to the bathroom when I poop. I'm trying to find a coat for it ask I can bring it in the shower too
>>
I'd rather have the gun on me than stashed somewhere. My guns stay either on/with me or in a safe. It's faster if I need it, and it makes it that much harder to steal the guns (I live in an apartment complex).

I've got a holster for one of my guns that's designed to work without a belt (and does quite well at it), so that's one less excuse not to have one on me.

I don't OC in my home because I don't OC. I don't even own an OWB holster.
>>
>>27796170
Better on his belt than somewhere his new kid can get at it, I guess. Honestly it kind of reeks of a tryhard suburban sheepdawg. Hopefully he can tear himself away from his home invasion fantasies to childproof all his dangerous toys.

Personally I trust my front door to hold the line long enough for me to casually walk 20 feet to my nearest loaded gun. The only other entrance point is some kind of commando breech through the windows, in which case I'm fucked already because I'm fighting the motherfucking SAS.
>>
>>27796979
>some enterprising young hoods will never brick your window with the full knowledge that if your alarm system even works it will take 15-30 minutes for the police to respond.
>Only the SAS can smash out a ground floor window to try and steal your Xbone while they think you're at work.
>>
>>27796249
If caution and paranoia are synonymous, then yes.
Why are you acting like such a faggot about it?
>>
>>27796249
Dude are you fucking serious? Home invasions happen all of the time. How is home defense supposed to work if I have to go run and get my gun?

There are 200,000 assaults during burglaries alone.
>>
>>27797038
>some enterprising young hoods will never brick your window with the full knowledge that if your alarm system even works it will take 15-30 minutes for the police to respond.

No they wont. Ever.

But playing the game for a minute, my windows aren't ground level and there's no balcony. This would have to involve repelling or some kind of conspiracy with the local fire department.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
Tucsonian here, I'm oc'ing my P99 right now, studying at home. I just like keeping it on me, kinda like my watch. I only cc in public though.
>>
>>27796170
Statisticaly, if you have to use a firearm for self defence, it will be in your own home.
>>
>>27796660
Are you me?
>>
>>27797084
>I live in a dull bachelor apartment with the austere styling of a prison

we're talking about home defense here anon, not rental peasant defense.
that being said, a College Dorm setup is pretty damn defensible from everything but a building fire
>storm proof windows that can't be opened (so you can't toss your weed during a dorm check)
>exterior oak doors to each bedroom
>self locking doors

but for the rest of us modern suburban architecture strives to be as indefensible as possible
>>
>>27796683
Bahaha I do the exact same with my CZ82
>>
Honestly, I actually do this. I OC every where I can, with the same gun in the OP pic. Even in my house when I'm not doing anything but maybe sitting around. When I take a shower it goes on the counter. When I go to sleep I put it on the night stand. The only place I don't carry is at work, because I don't want to go to prison. For me, it's just like putting my pants on, or having my cell phone in my pocket.
>>
>>27797156
Yes.
>>
Laziness, OP. A good holster is difficult to take off, and if he carries in public he most likely just keeps it on.

Same reason I CC at home (assuming I have pants on, which I usually dont). Too much hassle to take the holster off.
>>
>>27797163
>I live in a dull bachelor apartment with the austere styling of a prison

Guilty as charged. That's more due to my total lack of aesthetics though, it's actually a pretty swanky building.

>MFW trying to decorate this place.

People like piles of AR 15 parts, right? That's a normal thing that people put in their houses?

If I were living in a snowbird area where there are a lot of day time break ins I might take personal security more seriously, but honestly I live in an absurdly safe state. I'm not too worried about roving packs of thugs at the moment.
>>
>>27796683
Dude aren't you worried about rust?
>>
>>27797274

I might experiment with keeping it in a ziploc bag with dessicant, but so far it's been fine for about a year, no rust issues. I take it out and shoot it every few months and inspect it, no issues so far.
>>
>>27796683
watch out for rust
>>
>>27796683
Gotta be careful about that vapor rusting your piece, homie.
>>
>>27796683
That's fucking retarded why would you do that its going to rust Jesus
>>
File: 1445939316307.jpg (96KB, 424x620px) Image search: [Google]
1445939316307.jpg
96KB, 424x620px
>>27796683
RUST
>>
>>27796624
I have one of those machines that vacuum seal food like steaks.....I vacuum sealed a S&W 10 and keep it in the toilet tank
>>
>>27796683
Dat Baretta gon rust
>>
>>27796249
>so paranoia?

A..are you serious anon?

> carry to protect yourself and your family

> in public, totes normal

> at home, oh don't worry all the threats magically disappear

> UR PAARANOIDSS

> hurrr ur better off leaving it in the safe on the other side of the house so when the dindus bust in you must ask them to hold like they are getting food stamps so you can go and adequately defend yourself

It's fucking normal, why wouldn't you want to protect your home, where your family spends MOST of their damn time? It's logical that you would have one nearby, if it's comfy, why the fuck not?

My gun does not once leave my side.

I am bamboozled as to how this is a question.
>>
>>27796683
How often do you clean it? I'd be worried about rust.
>>
File: syysbG4.jpg (29KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
syysbG4.jpg
29KB, 300x450px
>>27797314

PLEASE BE REAL
>>
>>27796683
Dude. That shit is gonna be pitted in no fucking time. Did you even think about the rust?
>>
>>27797441

Over 1 year, no rust. You rust fags sure are a testy bunch.
>>
>>27797347
>not having 3 or more dead bolts
>not having steel rods in your door
>not having a small window or a window with iron gate on the door
>not drilling 2 1/2 bolts for your hinges
>not having brackets drilled into your house frame to barricade the front door with a wooden board
It's like you want the police to knock down your door
>>
File: showergun.jpg (53KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
showergun.jpg
53KB, 600x800px
>>27796709
>he sleeps with clothes on

>>27797370
This isn't new
>>
I don't carry one on me but I'm the type who never sells anything and I'm also the type to never pass up a good deal, finally I'm also the type who buys shitty cheapo guns/knives that look interesting as retail therapy.

I don't think you can go anywhere in the house without being out of reach of a handful of knives or a pistol. hell, I can count 8 weapons just in my peripheral vision.
>>
>>27796781
iwb or in hand
>>
>>27797488

I was more interested in

>keep it in toilet tank
>>
File: 1446506905414.png (19KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1446506905414.png
19KB, 429x410px
>>27797488
this
>>
the shrink wrap in >>27797488 looks like it needs to be cut open. hope he has a knife shrink wrapped in the soap dispenser
>>
>>27796170
i dont, only because i have a gun in every room in the house. if there was a babby/kid, then obviously i couldnt do that, i would have to open carry, which would feel weird at first, im sure, but im not going to get rushed by some asswipe because i didnt want to feel weird
>>
>>27798256
no need for shrink wrap on the knife

what do you think ceramic knives are made for
>>
>>27796170
Probably just habit. Plus its not like it costs anything to wear your own gun at home. And you get the benefit of being prepared for a possible intruder who doesn't give you warning beforehand.
>>
>>27796307
>I openly conceal carry
huffpo pls go
>>
>>27796170
A gun that's loaded and ready to go should never be left unattended, especially if there are kids around. If you intend to use a gum for home or self defense, you're going to need it loaded and ready to go. So it stands to reason that the safest and most effective place for your SD/HD gun to be is on your person.
>>
>>27796170
Why don't you mind your own business and let the guy do whatever the fuck he wants in his own home, he needs no reason to do it.
>>
>>27796170

You know why?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheshire,_Connecticut,_home_invasion_murders

He had a revolver ... in his basement. Got his head bashed in before he could get it, and his daughters and wife were raped and murdered.

So yes, I keep a gun on me 24/7. You might not have time to go to the basement or to your bedroom to grab a gun.
>>
>>27796170
>guns fer muh defense
>so i keep it locked up and unloaded unless i go outside
cause nothing bad has EVER happened in someone's house.
>>
>>27796683
Would be a shame if that tissue box were to rust
>>
File: 1396222566395.jpg (17KB, 313x286px) Image search: [Google]
1396222566395.jpg
17KB, 313x286px
>>27796246
>I always carry my gun around my home. Almost always in my hand though.
>>
>>27796170
Why do you care?
>>
>>27796293
If you carry, you should carry everywhere.

The purpose of carry doesn't start or end at any threshold.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/10/sara-tipton/dont-home-carry/
>>
I usually have mt ccw on at home.

If im in shorts and a shirt it my just be a lcp in a pocket holster.

But i also have a gun under my desk all the time in a mounted holster in my office

I also have one in a the night stand, and a shot gun in a hall closet.

I am paranoid. I admit.

But i have reasons to be....
>>
>questioning someone's manhood for living a martial lifestyle

Who gives a kek.
>>
>>27799268
I read about this a week ago and immediately bought an OC holster for my wife and I on amazon to carry in the house. Call it paranoia if you want, but my couch is less than 20 feet from my front door and i dont want to test my speed getting down the hallway to my guns before some living shadow kicks my door in a starts bashing my head in. Looking into holsters to stick under my coffee table so its a little bit closer than my night stand.
>>
>>27799991
what mounted holster do you have under your desk?
>>
>>27796170

I conceal carry in my house. Who cares what he does in his own home.
>>
File: 20150811_205207.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20150811_205207.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
I have all my weapons locked up besides this that is near my front door. Just so I dont have to run all the way back to grab my pistol. Yeah it is a little over the top to carry in a home unless he is dea or some crazy shit with alot of enemies..
>>
I put on my CC when I put on pants and it just stays there. Sometimes if I'm home for extended time I'll just have a rifle out in condition 3 or revolver/full-size on a pistol belt. In the mornings the bedside gun remains out while I'm in the shower or in a Remora holster in the pocket of my bathrobe.

My guns are in a separate part of the house than the kitchen, living room, etc. and the front door is between me and them. Additionally, it removes the need to put the gun on when I want to take out trash, run out to the car, grab the mail etc. Plus it's always present when I get a knock on the door.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.