[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do I fix this?!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (171KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
171KB, 1024x768px
How the fuck do I fix this?!
>>
righty tighty lefty loosy
>>
>clean threads with brass brush
>apply red loctite threadlocker on threads
>screw barrel into nut
>?????
>Profit
>>
>>27790800
>What is 150ft-lbs
> what is canted fsb
>>
Headspace will never be the same
>>
>>27790810
>150 ft-lbs

Yes that is usually a value attributed to a barrel extension. Not particularly difficult. Use a torque wrench

>canted FSB

are you fucking retarded?

The gas port (and ensuing FSB installation) gets drilled after the barrel extension is installed

u r dumb

also fucked

go away

delete the thread and kill yourself. Only have 1 shot though since your gas tube will never align properly
>>
>>27790831
Dont cut yourself on that edge
>>
>>27790998
dont hurt yourself on that KB thats going to happen when you try and use that barrel

or do
>>
>>27790769
I'm more worried about that awful grout repair.
>>
>>27790769
Buy an AK.
>>
>>27790831
And when the ext comes off like that and retorqued, it will not like up with the fsb and therefore the fsb will be canted when reinstalled on the upper
>>
>>27790769
can someone explain this to me?
>>
>>27790769
How did you even get it off in the first place?

You might actually be fucked here, consider a gunsmith.
>>
>>27790769
More grout. Light sponge down, then seal.
>>
>>27791343
OP is an idiot is what is happening here.

That is an AR barrel extension (Read: Chamber/Locking Lugs/Feed Ramp) and barrel.

In the assembly process-- in a simplified version, omitting certain alignment steps-- the barrel is screwed into the barrel extension and tightened to 150ft-lbs (you will need to buy a fabricate a special barrel extension wrench to engage the locking lugs). After the barrel is tightened, a gas port is drilled in correct alignment with the top and center of the barrel extension. This part is critical to ensuring a non-canted FSB and also proper alignment of the gas tube.

However, this is sort of a one time deal once everything is all tightened up, as you will not be able to, with any reasonable amount of work realign the two pieces if they become separated.
Why someone took the time to separate the two is beyond me. We can assume the FSB and gas port have already been drilled based on the shit on the threads already, and OP saying how does this get "fixed" as if it was once not broken. I am going to guess what happened is some idiot before OP did it, not knowing what he was doing. Went online and discovered he had potato'd his barrel. As such, he had a stroke of genius and thought I wonder what bigger idiot than me will buy this as a used barrel? He then proceeded to sell $150 worth of scrap metal to OP.
>>
return it from where ever you bought it from.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.