[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tercio fags will defend this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

>>
>>27553895
>implying this isn't glrious
>>
>>27555039

War was more stylish then, that's true.
>>
File: americans love puppies.gif (1MB, 322x248px) Image search: [Google]
americans love puppies.gif
1MB, 322x248px
>>27553895
>not using a picture of Spain
>>
>>27553895

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAMkb6QgyMs
>>
>>27553895
Well, it's not like they can attack, amirite ?
>>
>>27553895
What is the practical application of a tercio? Were any disciplined enough to move in formation? Or is it like a cavalry square with guns?

Couldn't you just mass your army's firearms/bows into it and take it out? Or artillery?
>>
>>27561336

kekketh
>>
File: 1432081588475.gif (4MB, 652x360px) Image search: [Google]
1432081588475.gif
4MB, 652x360px
Guns AND pikes?!

>Forgive me padre
>>
>>27562757
For over a hundred years it was the best formation of infantry in Europe, perhaps the entire world. It combines the strengths of gunpowder weaponry and takes away its disadvantages, which was mainly a vulnerability to being charged while reloading.

Gunpowder weaponry of the time was very slow to reload, and they simply couldn't stop a dedicated charge. Further, they lacked the ability to fight as well as a dedicated "melee" unit, due to the fact that the dedicate fighters only trained in fighting and could carry longer weaponry. Reach is the biggest advantage.

And you couldn't mass your ranged to take on the tercio, because your ass would be getting charged down and raped. Artillery wasn't as good at battlefield use yet, but did eventually contribute heavily to the downfall of the tercio.

Further still, the tercio is a combined arms formation. You use your tercios is combination with your own artillery and cavalry.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTYuYxmICGo

mandatory
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.