[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Found an old Milsurp Rifle on a rim world.. help me out?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

Hey guys. So I found this old milsurp DC-15A on one of the rim worlds on my last scavenge. I don't have any ammunition for it, but after I snuck it through the imperial checkpoints onto Coruscant, my local black-market connection (after peddling me to buy some fucking deathsticks) told me it was in full working order, and that I should be careful, as the Empire prohibits old clone technology. So how should I proceed? Should I try and get a certificate for it, or should I smuggle it off-world? you think I could make a profit? I've seen these things go for as high as 3000 credits!
>>
>>23912511
>any year BBY or ABY
>using republic autism credits
>>
File: ohyou.gif (964KB, 400x293px) Image search: [Google]
ohyou.gif
964KB, 400x293px
>>23912556
>backwater desert dweller detected
>>
>>23912556
Come on, man. At least there's some security in the currency... The fuck do you think the damned rebels would have us using?
>>
I dunno man. If the Imps catch you with that you're getting choked
>>
>>23912628
Yeah I know, but shit, it's such a crazy find. I mean, fuck, when was the last time YOU saw a DC-15A? If only I could sneak it out someplace like tatooine it'd make a great innadessert gun.
>>
>>23912511
I say try and get a collector's license so you could have de facto ownership, get in good with the nostalgia gentry and the established who are interested in pre-Empire history, then lease it out to an collection archive or a museum for x credits per month. Start advertising in the Coruscant lower levels that you'll "launder" Clone Wars tech for good price and build a business out of it.
>>
>>23912511
>Bothering to smuggle a weapon into Courascnt
>Asking if you should smuggle it off world

You should of thought of that before you brought it planetside you nerfherder. Not ask for advice later on the holonet.
>>
>>23912710
It's already on Coruscant, might as well try and offload it there or do something with it that doesn't involve trying the dodge the net again by smuggling it offworld.
>>
File: dogs_pleb.jpg (71KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
dogs_pleb.jpg
71KB, 500x500px
>>23912511
Have fun with your antique flashlight. You milsurp fags are the worst. People stopped using 15s (and all DC blasters for that matter) for a reason. Meanwhile I can snipe womp rats and sand people with my E-11 while you faggots are still trying to realign your guns fractured focus crystals.
>muh ionization tube length
>muh clone army
The tube length doesn't fucking matter if its out of date tech, and they only used the DC15 because it was a dime a dozen blaster that could be used to arm millions of dime a dozen mandalorians.
>>
>>23912733
>E-11
Reported
>>
>>23912750
>womp rats
>sand people
>reported

To who lol?
>>
Reported to the empire.
>>
>>23912807
dude he's on tatooine, I doubt they'll find him in all that sand
>>
>>23912511

The tibanna gas cartridge is identical to the one used in the current-issue DLT-19 blaster rifle and T-21 light repeating blaster; easy to find, even legally. The old DC-15A goes through tibanna gas quickly, especially on the maximum power setting, so grab a couple.

The coolant cartridge is hard to find, but you can find them gathering dust in legal sporting blaster shops; if you can't find one, you can modify one for the T-21 to fit the nozzle on the DC-15A fairly easily. So long as you keep the rate of fire low, you shouldn't need additional coolant for a long time.

As for power packs, the one for the standard E-11 carbine works just fine; it's meant for a slightly less powerful weapon, so on full power the DC-15 will get about half as many shots as it would with a proper power pack, but the real thing is hard to find. You're gonna need a lot of E-11 power packs. If you find an original, they use the same charger as the E-11 and they last practically forever, so you can keep using it and recharging it over and over.

Have fun, and don't get caught.
>>
>>23912845
way more than i'd expected! Thanks man!
>>
>>23912909

No problem. I got rid of my old DC-15A (pre-ban), but still have my DC-15S. I almost never shoot it though, the bore is out of alignment and nobody has the kit to adjust it anymore.

I prefer my old BlasTech EE-3 anyway; much more accurate and reliable.

I have most of the parts for an E-WEB, trying to find the power regulator, rear sight, and main columnator; I've already got the paperwork for it, so as soon as I locate the parts I can have a live E-WEB. I'm so glad I moved to a sector where the moff is more lenient toward the right to keep and bear blasters.

Still trying to find the proper 4 ABY tripod for it; right now it's mounted on the original 1 BBY tripod and it just looks silly.
>>
>>23912845
Holy star wars...
>>
>>23912511
Imperial Army Reserve here,
When we deployed to Felicia we took some of the old 15s out to use as DMRs thanks to budget cuts and the fact that the sturmtruupers get all the cool new gear... Fuck I can't wait till I EAS...
>>
>>23912733
Except the DC-17M. It can still dance with the best, with all the interchangeable parts. I hear pirates still use the anti-armor attachment to take out Remnant hovertanks!
>>
>>23913134
Felucia I mean... I'm drunk as fuck right now, ask me anything I guess
>>
isn't 3000 credits bantha money?

get out nerfherders you're all too poor
>>
How do I get a permit for disruptors? Also where can I use it. I also want to get a permit for slug throwers, where can i buy a slug thrower and ammunition?
>>
File: Stealth-2VX_egwt.png (70KB, 800x663px) Image search: [Google]
Stealth-2VX_egwt.png
70KB, 800x663px
>>23913231
>>23913210
What's the point? You can pick up a little palm dart shooter like this just about anywhere. Why would you spend all the credits for a weapon that you might need to ditch if the local Moff catches your scent?

Pic related.
>>
>>23912511
>Subjects of the empire owning highpowered blasters
>Implying this thread isn't a giant honeypot to infiltrate Bothan spy rings

Enjoy your visit by the ISB
>>
>>23912511
I love how there is this whole rim world holonet meme where we are supposed to think these old ass pieces of shit are so cool because they killed the jedi ooooh, start a fucking thread when your ass finds a lightsaber or a functioning droideka.
>>
BOTHANS DID JAVIN
>>
>>23913231
>just live on the rim bro, you can score any shit you want out here
>>
>>23913254
>lightsaber
Yep, cause an antique piece of shit that only 0.0000000001% of the galaxy can use properly is that much better than milsurp

And besides, Droidekas have become impossible to maintain ever since the Empire bought up or locked away most of the replacement pieces.
>>
>>23913265
do you have the dancing ewoks vid from the battle over endor? i can't find it anywhere on the holonet anymore the fucking bothans must have purged the info
>>
>Droidekas have become impossible to maintain ever since the Empire bought up or locked away most of the replacement pieces.

see here
>>23913276
bortho the hutt has got about 24 or 25 of those damn things in his palace with functioning shields. i was dropping off a bounty there the other day and i talked to this gonk droid and he said, you have to go WAAAAY off the grid if you want to find that old shield tech.
>>
>>23913316
>wanting old tech to begin with

Back when I was operating with Kyle Katarn, he hooked me up with one of his personal shield generators. Makes a Droideka's shield look like an eggshell, I swear.
>>
>>23913279
I never saw a droideka, but on Felucia some of the MPs used repurposed spider droids to man checkpoints. Those things looked scary
>>
Whats the general consensus on slugthrowers? are they really as barbaric as everyone says they are?
>>
>>23913355
Depends. Do you care about how you kill your victims? No? Use a slugthrower. They're cheap, and they get the job done. Harder to track, too. Less of an energy signature.
>>
I want Guri to sit on my face like a Hutt settling on his throne
>>
>>23913355
Yeah, unless you're a filthy Twi'lek who's too stupid to use a blaster
>>
>>23913330
hahaha katarn, that faggot blew up my base when i was still in the army, fucking asshole moved like at least 100 miles a hour and could switch weapons like it was nothing, that fucker was packing at least ten guns. i was lucky, my squad was behind a blast door when he blew away a couple of techs holding the death star plans, i am pretty sure he was working with the bothans though.
i can't wait until we round all those bothans up and carbonize them, at least palpatine had the balls to stop their endless spying
>>
>>23913375
only reason I ask is due to an associate of mine seizing a bunch of Imperial Heavy Repeater type slugthrowers from a group of Trando mercs, they're more reliable than blasters right?
>>
>>23913330
>coming into a milsurp thread in the first place

why don't you head back to your black sun E-11 build circle jerk and shitpost about how inferior bowcasters are
>>
>>23913408
>trusting alien weaponry
i bet you jerk it to mace-windu porking your twi'lek wife, in your room you rebel scum
>>
>>23913341
Shit, the ackalays must have been a real problem if the MP's got spider droids out

I got deployed there once during a routine inter-system tour (Part of Second fleets Marine force), lost ten men just to the wildlife over the course of five days. Ended up hating the planet more than the rebels there
>>
>>23913408
Unlike blasters, which are all electronics, gas, and diode crystals, slug throwers are all mechanical and chemical. Finding ammo that is still good is a search all on it's own.

Any one could scrap together some electronics, synthesize enough carbon dioxide, and grow a diode crystal. It requires restricted files to make propellants for slug throwers.
>>
>>23913437
>implying the Imp Heavy Repeater is "alien"
It's not like its an ACP Array gun or an LS-150 pal, I just wanted to know if it was worth investing in incase I got stuck on a shithole planet like Haruun Kal where blasters are useless.
>>
>>23913393
Sounds like he kicked your ass either way.
>>
>>23913183
I was deployed in Felicia, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>23913420
>how inferior bowcasters are

Well, I mean, they are.
>>
>>23913499
say bye to the thread faggot, you know what happens when we start this shit with the fucking wookies
>>
>>23913316
Bortho the hut is also way more wealthy than any of us here. The empire has him wrapped around their finger, to boot
>>
>>23913499
GWAAAAAAAAGGGGGHH
GWAAAAAAAAGGGGGHH
BBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGUUUHHHH
>GRRRAAAAAAUUUUGGGGG
>>
>>23913498
Wait.........you mean the hooker that hangs around the Kuat Space Station?
>>
>"Hurr durr, I operated with Kyle Katarn"
Lemme guess, your dad was in the 501st too, right?
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.