[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Touhou

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Touhou.full.1885103.jpg (3MB, 3035x2149px) Image search: [Google]
Touhou.full.1885103.jpg
3MB, 3035x2149px
Where do I start with this for Windows? I've been here (on 4chan) for years but only took up an intrest in this now. Send help?
>>
EoSD
>>
>>17583710
I'd recommend PCB. EoSD is also a great game, but it's more difficult, especially for a beginner because there's no visible hitbox. You can download the games from Moriya Shrine.
>>
>>17583795
Seconding this.
>>
>>17583795
I would say EoSD's patterns are harder but PCB's patterns tend to be more complicated and the stages require techniques like streaming or misdirection. My advice would be to play both desu.
>>
EoSD
>>
skip the pc-98 games and start with embodiment of scarlet devil
you can get all the games here http://moriyashrine.weebly.com/
>>
>>17583710
EoSD for pure start. PCB for getting your feet wet. Read the extra stuff (omake, profiles), play the games in numerical order including the decimal side games.
>>
contrary all posted here, I personally recommend LLS (pc-98 game) as first because much like EoSD doesn't have hitbox visible and have more easy patrons, then MS, her extra, EoSD, LLS extra and EoSD extra
>>
>>17583983
I agree with this guy, LLS is a good starting point if you can get around emulation. I think it has simple, basic patterns that are good for learning how to stream and understand hitboxes, and there's no gimmicky resources or anything like that. Perfect for getting your feet wet with STGs.
If you really would prefer windows only, EoSD has patterns that are too random and for someone new to figure out, and the hotboxes aren't consistent with the other games. PCB and MoF are good starting points for the same reasons LLS is, but they have gimmicks of their own (albeit unobtrusive compared to other games) and their patterns are harder. I think PCB does a better job at teaching resource management and has a more stable difficulty curve, so I'm more in favor of it than MoF.
>>
Which Touhou games allow remapping keys? I'm missing left arrow key.
>>
>>17584594
The fighting games.
12.3, 12.5, 13.5, 14.5, i believe.
Ill come back and tell you if the others can.
>>
>>17584594
I tried remapping in 6 and it worked, I expect the others to do the same.
>>
>>17583710
Download EoSD, PCB and IN (6, 7 and 8th titles just in case you need to know) and play around those 3. Build an overall skill, find out new stuff as you go on, learn how games and difficulties differ, and just remember to have fun.
>>
>>17583938
>Skip the pc-98 games

I will never understand why people say this. They are one of easiest games to 1cc on normal, the music is great, and the endings are rewarding. Emulating it is no harder than emulating other older games.

The only thing that's a bit of drag is that you constantly have to constant mash the attack button on SoEW. Everything else is fine though.
>>
>>17591726
The first three games are too inconsistent and rough around the edges compared to the rest of the games to be recommendable in my eyes, but I'd agree regarding 4 and 5. I'd daresay those are more polished than 6; as fun as I find it, I always thought 7 was a much more worthy successor to MS.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.