[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finding Penpals

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: penfriend_300.gif (8KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
penfriend_300.gif
8KB, 300x100px
With Japan-Guide's Penfriend now defunct, what's the best place to find Penpals to practice language and share culture with?
Most other penpal services don't seem to attract many Japanese users.
>>
>>17581806
I've been thinking about this too.
I'd like to chat with an otaku who needs to pass some English courses. We could talk about how we'd spit roast Baker-sensei in the faculty room.
>>
File: IMG_20161227_10501501.jpg (327KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161227_10501501.jpg
327KB, 1500x1125px
>>17581815
Penfriend towards the end seemed to attract bored housewives and exchange students more than anybody else, but it was still fun.
I actually would like to find a NEET Otaku to chitchat with, though.

Pic related: Murricanizing a penpal
>>
>>17581840
>bored housewives
o-oh boy
I'd like to anglicize a japanese housewife in a different way
>>
>>17581806
>With Japan-Guide's Penfriend now defunct

Did they take it down?
>>
File: shikoku-pilgrimage-map.gif (35KB, 680x400px) Image search: [Google]
shikoku-pilgrimage-map.gif
35KB, 680x400px
>>17582125
I've heard of penpal meetups turning intimate, but it's a rarity. Hardly anything like an E-dating service. Bored housewives know about neat shit though. Talked with one for a while, and learned about the Shikoku temple pilgrimage, she had done it before. Added that one to my bucket list.

>>17582135
A couple of months ago, unfortunately. You can still get at your old messages, but otherwise it's shut down. I don't know if the users migrated elsewhere, though.
>>
>>17581806
you could give interpals a try
>>
File: awawa.jpg (84KB, 269x468px) Image search: [Google]
awawa.jpg
84KB, 269x468px
>>17581840
>bored housewives
That was the best part, they were so cute. Remembering it makes me want to get back to it.
>>
>>17582226
Tooled around on it a little bit, I'll see how it works out.
The Japanese population on it seems a bit sparse, but hopefully the allure of talking to a スーパー外人 and getting free engrishu ressons will lure some in.
Seems searching for Japanese speakers nets a lot of Chinese, Filipinos, and Koreans with Japanese skills about as rough as mine, though. Shame.
On Japan-Guide, the natives practically flocked to you.
>>
I too wish to know sites for this. It would be nice to find a cute otaku to ironically joke about suicide with and then maybe…hold hands with when I move to Japan in a few months.
>>
File: Galaxy-Angel-S-031.png (53KB, 225x169px) Image search: [Google]
Galaxy-Angel-S-031.png
53KB, 225x169px
>>17581806
>Japan-Guide's Penfriend now defunct
SINCE WHEN

Oh no, i was too late in my japanese learnings
>>
>>17584753
Since there's a couple of interested people in this thread, I figure I'll give an update on Interpals.
I've sent two messages to native speakers, gotten one short, disinterested reply, gotten one message from a a 53 year old native speaker who seems to be bored out of her mind living in the Philippines but seems to really be interested in starting up a language exchange with me.
Also, I've been messaged by a whole glut of Turks, SE Asians, and East Europeans, half of them unabashed weebs, the other half probably trying scam me somehow.
Overall, not as good as Penfriends used to be, but it'll do.
Thanks for the suggestion, >>17582226
>>
File: nobu.png (20KB, 580x398px) Image search: [Google]
nobu.png
20KB, 580x398px
>>
>>17592163
I hope Nobu's doing alright these days, wherever he is.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.