[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Elona

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 543
Thread images: 70

File: elonauglast.png (683KB, 750x900px) Image search: [Google]
elonauglast.png
683KB, 750x900px
>New? Start here:
http://pastebin.com/vmW2qYkD

>Mods:
http://pastebin.com/HcTtYVsn

>1.70 and prior versions changelogs:
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Changelog_%28Elona%2B%29

>Elona Custom Discussion:
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:25014

>Chat server back online:
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:19535#107

>Previous Thread
>>17546853

Current Version: Elona+ 1.70 (7/24/2017)
Latest Custom: E+C 1.70.1

Try setting the compatibility of the .exe to WINDOWS 7 if you encounter errors.
>>
To the anons talking about custom sprites... while that is a nice idea, I don't think there are any Tales of Berseria, or any Tales sprites in general. And I'm not exactly a spriter, so...

It isn't a bad idea though. Just not one I'm really capable of using.

The Magilou run is... different. I'm still having to get used to the fact I should be collecting more books.
>>
>>17562120
Both of my characters-from-other-works sprites are stolen from artists on pixiv, one of which I just touched up a bit.
>>
File: Untitled.png (902KB, 1282x1590px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
902KB, 1282x1590px
This is becoming quite funny.
Note: Got these mutations from drinking the well twice and wishing for two potions of evolution (my first wish was on seven league boots).

I might have to just grab all of the Overlord cast.
>>
>>17562120
I think I have seen some Tales stuff lost in ElonaUploader. You can also check Pixiv.
I'm not good with sprites and pixels either ("frankenstein" editing is the best I can do), but with some custom outfits for the base body model and a a bit auto-recolor tricks with your image editor of choice can do magic without much effort.
>>
>>17562148
>>17562187
I'll try PIxiv, I think the only Tales stuff I saw on the Uploader was Phantasia or something, I don't remember seeing any Berseria.
>>
>>17562234
There's a pixel art tag you can search with as well, though I forget what it is.
>>
File: 1445699678482.png (780KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1445699678482.png
780KB, 1280x720px
>>17562177
Sasuga, Ainz-sama!
>>
File: 1487618152544.jpg (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487618152544.jpg
102KB, 1280x720px
is it possible to get rid of negative status in equipment? I know that blessed water can uncurse it but would it get rid of a weakness that it gives me?
>>
>>17562923
I believe the only way to get rid of negative status is to enchant it with a + to that attribute, and you don't get to do that until act 3, and it requires (usually) an extremely rare scroll called "gain attribute"
Basically if it's a godly amazing item with great resists/alive/massive elemental damage and one terrible flaw, keep it around for later MAYBE. Otherwise pitch it
>>
>>17562923
Btw a terrible flaw would be -resist at least ##, or a big combat-related decrease (greater evasion -###). If it's just like, random teleport or Fishing -#####, whatever who cares
>>
>>17562242
Did some checking, couldn't find anything Berseria related. A shame.

>>17562946
Personally I wouldn't take any equipment with random teleport, that shit is annoying. You can negate it with an item of 'prevents teleportation', but that also prevents you from using your own teleportation to get out of bad spots.
>>
>>17562936
>>17562946
>Btw a terrible flaw would be -resist at least ##, or a big combat-related decrease (greater evasion -###). If it's just like, random teleport or Fishing -#####, whatever who cares
I thought so much. If it's anything that I could neutralize with other equipment (random teleport) or something that I don't use (fishing) I would still get it. How does the scroll works? Can I select what I want to improve/get rid of? Thanks for the help
>>
YO IM BACK HOW IS ELLIN GOING 0-:?
>>
>>17562973
You don't use the scroll itself, it's basically payment.
The system is rather complicated, read about it here: http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Artifact_fusion
>>
What does the Magic Eye feat do?
>>
>>17563096
mana burn action
wiki is very useful for such info btw
>>
>>17563105
I was looking in the feats section and it wasn't listed. Didn't think it was a special action.
>>
>>17563096
Gives Eye of Mana action, it deals MP damage. The feat also gives Eye of Illusion action (mind damage) on your next level up if you have +20 Control Magic.

>>17563105
Special actions page is missing some skills, you have to explore the changelog pages for that so it is an easy-to-miss piece of information.
>>
Can Gemini and Griffon use Magnum ammo?
>>
>>17562997
thanks.
>>
>>17563152
Not sure about Gemini, but Griffon can't use it.
>>
>>17563152
I specifically remember having issues when I gave a pet the griffon and a magnum bullet. Just checked and it certainly can't use it.
It seems that while the griffon is supposed to be a pair of twin pistols, it's not actually a pistol and can't use magnum.
>>
File: 1484302303774.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1484302303774.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>17562102
>Actual autist attracted to this game
>>
Should i even bother farming for a Palace or small castle is enough?

Also, for cargo, how much should i improve my cart weight capacity?
>>
Rolling a death knight kind of character next. How much does riding actually penalize casting?
>>
>>17562973
There is a spell penalty, but unlike for non-light armor and shields it's applied before the final calculation, which means you can still hit 100% cast rate with enough Casting & Riding skill.
>>
I've been wondering how caster pets work.
So apparently they don't have to worry about spell stock...
But do pets who have spells, also have and train individual spell levels the more they use them?

I'm wondering if spells of pets ever get more effective overtime, like even their debuffs or heals.
>>
>>17563749
Whoops, that was for >>17563721
>>
>>17563750
Pet spells depend on Casting level and spell power multipliers. They don't have spell levels.
Also they don't get spell casting penalties, unlike the player.
>>
>>17563667
Both of them can get rank 1 and have a 400 items limit, if that is what you are looking for. Other than that, the purpose of housing is mostly about your own interests (and your love for interior decoration).
>>
>>17563667
Money won't be an issue later on, trust me. Your cart weight also doesn't matter that much, just a few upgrades is fine.
>>
Speaking of housing, please post your houses so I can get decorating ideas for my palace
>>
>>17563749
>>17563757
I see. Two handing doesn't affect casting, right? I need to be able to chop off heads while casting ice and death at people. I never used riding so not sure how this will work, but I have this image in my mind and it's going to be great.
>>
File: range.png (14KB, 468x265px) Image search: [Google]
range.png
14KB, 468x265px
>>17563178
the fuck is it then? A machinegun?

I need to know for range purposes
>>
>>17563792
>Two handing doesn't affect casting, right?
Correct.
>>
>>17563787
palace
flooded cavern
miko shrine
haunted house
torture chamber
dojo/Japanese house
Kowloon
lava cavern
crystal cavern
boat
grounded spaceship
farm
lake
riverside cabin
fairy forest
haunted forest
haunted fairy forest
>>
>>17563787
I got tons of ideas from moongate rooms (the modding pastebin have a file with tons of them).
>>
>>17563768
Does that mean a caster pet is just as likely to succeed in Heavy Armor as in Light Armor? And they don't fail Casting ever?
>>
>>17563876
>And they don't fail Casting ever?
Well, not quite. All NPCs have a flat 95% cast rate, rain or shine.
They do benefit from the Warmage class feat, however, so if you set them to that then they'll never flub a spell.
>>
Anything that increases fulfilled requests rewards?
>>
>>17564007
Higher fame.
>>
>>17564007
If you have sex with the quest giver enough you get better payment.
>>
>>17564007
fame and your level.
harvest time quests give extra reward for bringing up to 3x weight of veggies.
>>
>>17563667
Cart weight upgrades are a way to turn bronze into gold income.
If you've got spare bronze and are regularly filling your cart, get some more. If not, don;t.
>>
My cargo cart is at 140s, should i invest more bronze coins on it? I don't know what else i can use those coins for, neither if cargo is an good source of gold farming "mid - late" game.
>>
>>17564071
Besides the cart bronze coins are for training the shopkeeper of your shop, changing material kits at Garokk, and you can also use one at the inn to give your entire team a stat-growth boost that lasts quite a while
>>
>>17564069
Not like you'll have a use for the 100's of bronze coins you'll amass from Harvest Time for anything but your cart.

The shopkeeper doesn't cost that much to train their potentials back up.
>>
How do I put items into the shop strongbox?
>>
>>17564071
I got my cart to 200 so I could carry 3 christmas tree and some minor extras, like bandit loot and food. I will probably get more eventually, even though most cargo merchants in my game can't buy more than 3 trees with their base gold.
>>
>>17564142
You don't. You put items you want to sell on the floor, and the items/gold the shopkeeper makes will appear in the strongbox.
>>
>>17564142
You don't, strongbox is basically your another salary box.
>>
>>17564171
>>17564175
The Shopkeeper's Guide was misleading. How come some of my items end up back there anyways?
>>
>>17564189
Your shopkeeper will also accept items as payment.
>>
>>17563833
Downloaded a bunch, how do I add them to my game? I don't see any .eum files anywhere else in the install dir
>>
In your guys opinions what are/is the best superior material on equipment? I'm currently aiming for dragonscale but I'm not sure if I should change.
>>
>>17564454
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13x1Si6M6w_SB9ucf2FMBq4ahhkM-UfBozQ4SZqWzfOQ/edit#gid=0

tldr depends on what you want
>>
>>17564164
The Traders shop rank only levels up as you keep buying and selling with them.
>>
>>17564466
oh, that's really useful. Does the protect you from etherwind thingy makes you immune to it or just more resistant?
>>
>>17564533
More resistant. You can never be fully immune to the Etherwinds.
>>
>>17564363
Not sure if this is the best way to do it, but I renamed some .eum files to .pum and dropped them on Elona/user folder.
With this, you can access them on Showhouse (southeast of Vernis).
Use a new character because some of the rooms are either high level custom dungeons or just surprise rape houses.
>>
File: 10 years long battle.jpg (308KB, 800x697px) Image search: [Google]
10 years long battle.jpg
308KB, 800x697px
*ring* *ring* this, motherfucker.

Why did this even work, though?
>>
File: home.png (3MB, 1944x1818px) Image search: [Google]
home.png
3MB, 1944x1818px
>>17563787
I found it hard to plan an entire home all at once so I just cast my home as one solid block and as room ideas came up I knocked down walls and made said room. Slowly adding more rooms. Currently have my servant bedrooms, throne room, my room, my little imouto's room, a public bath, a kitchen, dining room, a mechanical workshop for R&D, and a church room. Still want to create a war room, a magic library, and a crafting room. Home kinda ended up looking like a chaos fort.
>>
So does /jp/ have its own chat server?
>>
So I picked up this game a few days ago and played it, only for a little while, got to level 4 or something and... well, I lost all my interest. I don't know if I am doing something wrong maybe, but I just don't see a reason to play anymore, so here comes my question. What are some strong points of Elona? What is the cause of that game being praised? I suppose I just missed most of the good things about it.
>>
>>17564818
It's not for everyone. You have to really like grinding and sometimes failing.
>>
>>17564818
It's grindy, bloated and the graphics are bad
>>
>>17564790
what like an irc or you mean an elona chat server? there is only one elona chat server, the one on the wiki. the community is too small justify more than one, and I'd venture a guess everybody from the wiki originated or ended up here because the /r/elona and /jp/ are the only places with active discussion, and reddit is very slow.
>>
File: cool_vibration_guy.png (18KB, 462x312px) Image search: [Google]
cool_vibration_guy.png
18KB, 462x312px
>>17564893
graphics can be improved with a few simple mods
>>
>>17564927
hypothetically, yes
>>
File: I_need_your_love.png (145KB, 449x304px) Image search: [Google]
I_need_your_love.png
145KB, 449x304px
>>17564935
Do you like my car?
>>
>>17564951
does it know hyper dash
>>
>>17564893
>bloated
/rlg/ buzzword. I swear you guys will never be happy unless you just play the original rogue. Wait I take that back. Somehow someway you fags will even say that's bloated. Maybe pong is your guys thing.
>>
File: MASAKA.jpg (43KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
MASAKA.jpg
43KB, 720x480px
>>17564962
I can't believe I forgot this
>>
>>17564971
You know I'm just teasing, right? I love Elona
>>
>>17564979
Don't you dare play with my heart anon! I'm a delicate lady like Elona.
>>
>>17564986
Elona is a boy
>>
So if I tried a gene inherit, I would basically carry over everything from my old game? Aside from the things listed on the wiki.

But I'd keep all my happy beds or something? I'm a bit curious to try it sometime and also see about getting the Secret Experience of Lomias for the extra cutscene.
>>
>>17564998
Not on my savefile she's not.
>>
>>17565005
For full effect, carry that item around because it invokes another piece of dialogue at the end of act 2
>>
>>17565005
Gene file will only consider your main character's inventory, and your need to read deeds of heirship to be able to recover the items (3 items per deed) that will be stored on your heir truck.
So yeah, if you fill your inventory with happy beds, your gene character will be able to get them.
>>
File: 12millionlines.png (9KB, 1233x150px) Image search: [Google]
12millionlines.png
9KB, 1233x150px
>>17564971
The game is bloated because it has 40,000 lines of NPC text that is stored as literals inside the exe and everything is a text file.
It performs like ass because HSP either doesn't support multithreading or noa/ano don't know how to do threading properly. It also has no input buffer so harvesting crops in the rain is fucking cancer.
Is source.hsp the full source of elona+? It is 12 million lines. Dare I start porting this to C#?
>>
>>17565011
>>17565017
Oh okay so that's how that works. Tempted to give it a try and carry over some of the really rare and cool stuff.

Like the happy beds. And the barbecue set I actually managed to find! Not sure what else I might consider that wouldn't seem entirely too game breaking.

I'm mostly just wanting to try out gene inherit, and also try a NG+ style restart to do... things. I get nitpicky about my builds.
>>
am looking to ALP/dominate something for a shopkeeper, so im looking for the ob with the highest charisma. negotiation level is not a problem for me, just need massive charisma.

best i found thus far was Fron.

also cant do gods bc penalty :"(
>>
>>17565034
Oh i mean (t) use the experience before making the gene, and let the gene keep the item yellow necklace it gets. Keeping the yellow necklace triggers the act 2 dialogue. It's short but nice.
>>
>>17565022
Does this game really lag for anyone? I mean even toasters can run this thing.
>>
>>17565062
I do.
I have a i7 7700k in here with a GTX 950.
>>
>>17565022
1) This game is fucking ancient
2) It was originally made by one person who didn't claim to be a master programmer
3) Yes, HSP is hot garbage
4) Elona modders are using a DECOMPILED version that they have to fuck with, so that explains a lot of the mess. Noa didn't freely distribute copies of vanilla source.
5)
>Dare I start porting this to C#?
Sure thing buddy. Email me in 2038
>>
>>17565062
The only lag I get from the game is when my internet derps out, which I assume is from the chat server disconnecting.

And very occasionally a brief freeze.
>>
>>17565022
Tbh family it'd probably be easier to program this game from the ground up.

Give me three months pay and I'd do it. Make it all fancy with OpenGl and that fancy OOP and Design Patterns and I'd have a nice working prototype build by then.
>>
>>17565098
I hate (love?) to tell you this, but that's sort of already happening. Noa is... working? ... on something called Elin.

http://ylvania.org/en/elin
>>
>>17565107
Looks really ambitious for what he's doing.
I hope he succeeds but I doubt it will be as successful as elona.
>>
Any good ways to leveling a pet there is way behind you? Just got a cat sister but she is too much of a pleb to survive anything useful.
>>
>>17565149
He will probably get some decent cash from Steam's early access, at least. Too bad he missed both the "Japan release stuff for us pls" boat and the "golden" era of early access abuse, a project like that, even if incomplete, would get him tons of cash in a very short time.
>>
>>17565195
Gene engineering will give some levels on her (need to fuse monsters with level higher than her level). Also give her ores like emerald and diamond (fuse them to get bigger ores with pot of fusion), teach her pickpocketing with more gene engineering, and let her murder things so she can train her skills. Raise your relationship with her so you can share food with her and increase her stats (or just give food to her).
>>
>>17565245
can I spam some scroll of allies and fuse them with her?
>>
The OP's thread isn't very clear on how to set up the chat interface. Is there a written guide or is it down?
>>
>>17565270
Post* I meant. Sorry, it's a bit late here.
>>
>>17565265
If you get pets with high enough level, yeah it will work. Be careful with some non-human pets when gene engineering, you probably don't want your little cat sister to have eight legs or seven vaginas.
>>
>>17565275
Isn't it in the "start here" bin?
>Q: How do I activate the unofficial chat server?
>>
>>17565195
My usual way is to probably let them slaughter their way solo through Puppy Cave until that's not very effective.

>>17565041
So I used my Experience on my old file, so if I gene it now it should work fine... do I just have to carry the item around, or does it have to be equipped?

I usually get a Beautiful Shell early on and that's always been my used necklace...
>>
>>17564634
Good old Dorf Frtress style, nice.
Makes me want to roll a dwarf with a harem of dwarfs.
>>
>>17565098
I was thinking this as well. I could easily have a working prototype before I could comprehend what anything in here does. [code]if ( 0 == 1 ) {[/code] This is the first line that isn't an import and I'm already lost.
I saw a tutorial on msdn on how to work with sprites and a dynamic background layer and it didn't look hard. Could probably be walking around on the North Tyris overworld (as a pink square) in a few minutes.
>fancy OOP
You know damn well it's 12 million lines of bullshit precisely because it isn't OO.
>>
>>17565284
It links back to the same post in the wiki that's in the OP. Also, I think I followed what it was saying to do.

- Set network use in game [DONE]
- Edit config.txt to disable auto-retrieve [DONE]
- Change server address to elochat-proxy.shiroko.yi.org%elona.squares.net% [DONE]
Unless the server's wrong, I'm out of ideas. I still get the network error.

EDIT: Nevermind. Had to delete the server.txt file. Had some junk characters inside that I wasn't able to see in notepad. Thanks.
>>
>>17565379
Hey man if you want I could help collaborate with you on this. Sounds like fun and I guess I was already working on a project that would become a rogue-like.

Maybe even improve on some concepts in game as well? If you're up for it reply to this email and I can message you through mine.
>>
>>17565098
would you make the player character a static class or a singleton?
>>
>>17565403
And of course I forgot the email.
>>
>>17565407
Good question.
I'd prefer the singleton, as you'd always have a handy reference to it. It might interfere with more future patterns (imagine a multiplayer elona!) but other than that I'm not too sure.

I'm also not too sure about that static class as well, because it just might mess up the global scope. IMO I try to keep myself limited to one global, and probably, I wouldn't have the player be the global.
>>
>>17565379
>because it isn't OO.
You don't know what decompiling means, do you
> [code]if ( 0 == 1 ) {[/code]
Stay in school
>>
>>17565407
Neither. The only thing that needs to differentiate the PC is how they determine their actions.
>>
File: staff.jpg (86KB, 645x444px) Image search: [Google]
staff.jpg
86KB, 645x444px
Is this thing good? No idea what half of it does.
>>
>>17565546
good for spellcasters, not particularly good for melee
>>
>>17565546
What kind of character do you play?
>>
>>17565546
good? it's insane!
>>
>>17565403
I'm not really the type of person who finishes what I start. I still have that Trump-builds-a-wall-to-keep-out-zombies game project sitting unfinished and I thought of that like a year ago. Am I reliable enough to start a thing and finish it? I don't know if I am. I'll do some work on my own over the holiday weekend and see if I'm motivated enough to finish it, I do really love this game.
Finding exact values and formulae is gonna be a bitch.
>email
>>17565409
>tfw forgot pw to all my throwaway gmails including the one my vs install is linked to and google wants my phone number to create a new one
>>17565442
Are you suggesting the procedural language HSP is object oriented?
>>17565471
That's not true, PC is animated with a 4x4 sprite sheet, NPCs have only a single cell on their sprite sheets. There can be multiple instances of the same NPC on screen at once but should never be multiple instances of the same player.
>>
>>17565561
>That's not true, PC is animated with a 4x4 sprite sheet, NPCs have only a single cell on their sprite sheets.
Pets can use PCCs. Therefore, the infrastructure for four-frame animated sprites exists beyond the PC.

>There can be multiple instances of the same NPC on screen at once but should never be multiple instances of the same player.
Yes, and? What's the difference between Putit 1, Putit 2, and PC?
>>
>>17565555
Went for a paladin kind of deal, bashing things with a claymore most of the time but still using spells often, especially lighting bolt.

>>17565554
>>17565556
I am keeping it then. Since it was dropped by the boss in the level 25 crypt, I didn't think much of it. How much can attributes change depending on your luck?
>>
>>17565561
What I'm telling you is that you're shitting on a game that is made in what is pretty much glorified BASIC for not being OOP (yes it is procedural). C# was barely coming into existence when this was being written. Then you're upset that the code is hard to read, no shit, it's not the source. And finally
>Trump-builds-a-wall-to-keep-out-zombies game project
don't bother
>>
>>17565561
>>17565409

oh, I implied I'd use a throwaway account to communicate, that would be rude and isn't what I meant, my reading comprehension isn't so good so late at night
>>
>>17565546
It's a static artifact. There's another static artifact that increases spell power called Mag-Abyss which drops from liches. You can also put weapons with spell enhancement in ranged slots and it will still work.
>>
>>17565561
>1 unfinished game
babby tier. Tell me when you have over 20 unfinished projects.
Also, you won't finish it or even get somewhere close, unless you're a very rare kind of person I see in amateur game development. I've seen many crash and burn, especially if they try to remake some other game. I give you one to two weeks before you give up.
>>
File: 1430331828301.jpg (125KB, 740x504px) Image search: [Google]
1430331828301.jpg
125KB, 740x504px
>>17565608
>shitting
an interesting way to interpret the glyphs I submitted
>>
>>17565664
>2 weeks
you are generous
fuck, how in the fuck does the game decide who's turn it is?
>>
>>17565677
There are many ways to make turn system work, depending on your needs. Simple one with not that many units could be like this:
Find unit with highest speed, store that speed value somewhere, or, alternatively just store arbitrary number higher than any possible speed. Make a list for turn progress of each unit on the map, with initial values of 0.
With each iteration, find the highest turn progress that's above your stored max speed, then give that unit a turn and subtract turn progress of that unit by the max speed. If there are none, increase every turn progress by the speed of the unit, then do the check mentioned before again.
Now, lets say we have units 1, 2 and 3 with speeds 50, 28, and 15; first few iterations would look like this:
i1: 0, 0, 0 > 50, 28, 15 > turn for u1 > 0, 28, 15
i2: 0, 28, 15 > 50, 56, 30 > turn for u2 > 50, 6, 30
i3: 50, 6, 30 > turn for u1 > 0, 6, 30
i4: 0, 6, 30 > 50, 34, 45 > turn for u1 > 0, 34, 45
i5: 0, 34, 45 > 50, 62, 60 > turn for u2 > 50, 12, 60
i6: 50, 12, 60 > turn for u3 > 50, 12, 10
There will be some cases you will have to account for, but this should do for very start.
>>
>>17565677
>>17565772
elona simply uses PC speed to determine how many turns in a row each character on map will have. No fancy queue.
i.e. you have 100 speed, pet got 1400 and npc got 2000. npc will attack 20 times before pet will get a turn, then pet will attack 14 times in a row before your turn.

It took a lot of time for me to figure out why pets die when my PC speed is around 10
>>
>>17566013
p.s. i wont be surprised if it was noa's first ever program bigger than learning tasks.
>>
Is Elona a game where you can permanently gimp your character? I'm afraid to branch out into skilling up combat skills before I know exactly how to go about it
>>
>>17566076
nope. the only way to pema-gimp is to start as a mutant or fairy without knowing about those races.
>>
>>17566076
Only if you're playing something like a mutant and consider a character that doesn't deal max possible damage. The most you damage you can do is train one armor type or fighting style (shield, 2H, dualwield or casting) for most of the game and then switch to something else, but it isn't something that can't be fixed with few hours of focused grinding.
Well, you might also forget to ALP someone before they are gone from the game and then decide you really want them in your party.
>>
File: IMG_6347.jpg (30KB, 199x347px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6347.jpg
30KB, 199x347px
just beat act one for the first time
cheesed zeome by using my rod of wishing to summon opatos to kick his ass but oh well
>>
>>17566081
you can permanently screw yourself over by killing little girls
>>
>>17566137
Oh. True. Or finishing Act I before getting a treasure from that little girl who likes the colour of red from Yowyn.
>>
>>17562102
Nice Orta's image here, pal.
>>
>>17566076
you can permagimp you save by killing little sisters instead of returning them to cyberdome
>>
>>17566589
elosnack tho
>>
>>17566655
? i mean if you're cheating you might as well go all the way and set your life stat to 1000
>>
>>17566506
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>17566655
Elosnack won't save you from gimping the Big Daddy spawn rate I think.
>>
>>17566844
you can edit killed/saved sisters counter, i personally tested it and killed ~14 big daddies alltogether.
>>17566662
i mean if you fucked up the save because you didnt know about very, very obscure feature you can still recover savefile.
Many people use elosnack to recover savefiles due to one or another fuckup.
I've used it on loss save to recover life loss after triple game crash(bad sprite), for example.
Its only a tool, its up to user what he is going to do with it - cheat, fix or just get technical info about stuff.
>>
>>17565606
>How much can attributes change depending on your luck?
They don't anymore.
>>
>>17566160
>little girl who likes the colour red from Yowyn
Do you mean Noel the Bomber in Derphy? I don't think her quest reward is too valuable
>>
>>17566990
That's secret experience of the wicked (lowers max karma and other stuff). Gwen the innocent drops the secret experience of the saint (raises max karma), though I think Gwen the pitiless might as well, but she gains levels every in-game hour(day? unsure in the exacts) based on how many times you kill her so it's not an easy feat to get it after act 1.
>>
>>17565107
>7:00
>Steals the door
>few seconds later
>steals an entire fucking house
>>
>>17566160
I wouldn't call that screwing yourself over since the only thing karma affects is tax which is already negligible, and saint treasure doubles karma loss from bad actions. Also you have to be a horrible person to even get it. Not desirable in the slightest
>>
>>17567007
she does, but you're right, it's just better to kill her in act 1 especially since there's no karma loss
>>
>>17566990
I want to romance the bomber
>>
>>17566013
Except that's demonstrably untrue, since you can watch movement happening and see how you trade steps with high-speed entities like bells.
>>
>>17567277
You trade ratios of steps. 1 step for 20 of theirs
>>
What's the difference between rapid stat growth and stat development? Are both involved with potential? I've been eating candy and raw equipment and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be powertraining stats during the rapid growth turns.
>>
>>17567283
If only there were more stat related food items like rabbits tail is for luck, just a flat increase.
>>
if you're really curious about turns, dive into the charaRefresh function (and its calls), and the phrase "sdata(18," which denotes a speed check. I can't be paid enough to read this
>>
I'm in a dungeon and I can't proceed because the staircase is locked. It says I need a specific key but I've looked through the previous floors and can't find anything. Am I missing something obvious? I'm pretty new to this.
>>
>>17567328
It's the first dungeon in Act 1 of the main quest. Go to the king of palmia.
>>
>>17567328
Look at your quest log in your journal (j). If it doesn't say something like "I need to talk to this woman in Palmia" there should be a guy nearby waiting for you to talk to him.
>>
>>17567283
When you eat equipment with "it maintains [stat]" or certain food (like Putitoro), you get a buff that increases the growth rate of specific stats, but you won't get actual stat training from it (raw gear with "+X [stat]" and food like Tofu will train your stat, but won't give a growth rate buff).
I don't have the mathematical details about it, but I always eat my Putitoro before burning my cash on shop investment (it trains charisma).
>>
>>17567497
Gotcha, that makes sense. Thanks.
>>
>>17567328
kill that guy in the shroud before you talk to him, he dies without dropping figurine or card when he plot dies
>>
File: stat.jpg (11KB, 123x83px) Image search: [Google]
stat.jpg
11KB, 123x83px
Maybe eating too much veggies wasn't a good idea. Is anorexia a thing in this game or is this just flavor text?
>>
>>17567721
you get it from puking to often, stop consuming cursed things and drink water or snow until it goes away
>>
>>17567729
But I really needed that (probably minimal) resist gain from eating that cursed electric sheep!
Thanks for the solution, I will try to resist the urge to blindly eat my enemies now.
>>
Any way to get rid of that little text box when you launch the game?
>>
>>17567971
The disclaimer? Go to Options > Message & Log.
>>
>>17566137
What, generic Roran Little Girls?

What about them? They die way too easily to be punished for it.
>>
>>17568031
bioshock little sisters
>>
Cute! CUTE!
>>
>>17562102
I have to do a Magilou run instead of Velvet with a Magilou pet now, don't I?
>>
>>17568288
your dog is almost cat
bad owner
>>
File: dasdassdas.png (117KB, 615x857px) Image search: [Google]
dasdassdas.png
117KB, 615x857px
is it worth burning a wish on one of these bad boys if i make a lot of putitoro for my food shop?
>>
Game looks cool. Is it cool? Cool as heck, even?
>>
What's a good shop companion?
>>
>>17568455
it doesn't matter too much as long as they have negotiation.
i'm using a public performer right now
>>
>>17568452
it's fun
>>
File: archer.png (73KB, 635x424px) Image search: [Google]
archer.png
73KB, 635x424px
>>
File: archer2.png (58KB, 633x422px) Image search: [Google]
archer2.png
58KB, 633x422px
>>17568468
>>
File: wevrwevrwevrwer.png (292KB, 533x477px) Image search: [Google]
wevrwevrwevrwer.png
292KB, 533x477px
>>17568468
>It increases your Perception by 10.
>>
File: when the little girl stops time.jpg (275KB, 912x1110px) Image search: [Google]
when the little girl stops time.jpg
275KB, 912x1110px
>>17568468
>>17568470
wew lad
where from
>>
>>17568468
Where do you get these good rings? I was thinking of starting to invest in blackmarkets for stuff with good resists
>>
>>17568496
moyer the crooked
>>
>>17568455
yakatect
>>
File: balanced.png (226KB, 993x637px) Image search: [Google]
balanced.png
226KB, 993x637px
>>17568476
>>17568496
Lucky day from sleeping, +777 LUK

Read Treasure maps under lucky influence, and also dig it up under lucky influence. The LUK checks happen on generation and on digging, so 2 times.

I stockpiled like 11 treasure maps until the day I finally got a Lucky Day from sleeping. Then read them all, planned my route to hit as many as possible.

Waiting for a random lucky day takes for fucking eternity, but the payoff is huge.

At the end of the day you're still likely to get shit though (like equipment with 5 maintain stats or something)
>>
>>17568554
well done you RNG-blessed bastard
>>
>>17568459
>>17568527
Pulled the heist of the century on the thieves' guild to get one of their members in a ball, was the wildest ride I've ever had in a roguelike.
>>
File: bossy loli.jpg (22KB, 345x104px) Image search: [Google]
bossy loli.jpg
22KB, 345x104px
Aren't bosses supposed to be a bit more "aggressive"? I feel bad for having to kill her like that.
>>
>>17568459
you can even teach negotiation with gene engineering, though
so really the most important thing is for them to look cute

i have a pudding spirit
>>
>>17568444
Lure is precious. You cannot wish for it (unless in wizard mode).
>>
File: 1403728922928.png (41KB, 372x244px) Image search: [Google]
1403728922928.png
41KB, 372x244px
I would trade my super lure for your XSG Judgement.
I need that goddamn gun.
>>
>>17568455
flying spaghetti monster has high stats +negotiation or master thief can be bought in derphy rather quickly
>>
>>17568696
You can always just leave the dungeon buddy. Bosses are a dime a dozen and she probably won't drop anything all that good anyways.
>>
>>17564634
How did you screenshot your house? Also anyone have shop designs I can ste I mean take inspiration off of?
>>
I just got a little sister sprite replacer,to what do i need to rename it to?
>>
>>17568907
Pic_2.bmp (or a number of your choice between 2 and 16), save it on user/graphic folder.
Interact with her and use Change Shape.
>>
>>17568932
Many thanks,worked like a charm
>>
Just got everything set up and did the little tutorial, and my eyes are already hurting.
Is there a way to make the text bigger? I don't see anything about it in either pastebins
>>
I believe there is no better sensation than squeezing a quickling archer to death after cornering them.
>>
>>17569157
I agree, also having see invisibility when there's pixies about
>>
>>17569049
do you play fullscreen ?
>>
File: shops.png (1MB, 2466x680px) Image search: [Google]
shops.png
1MB, 2466x680px
>>17568877
Since a palace is hard to capture in just one screenshot since it's so big, even in full screen mode, I had to copy, paste, and stitch together multiple screenshots. Hit F9 to hide the interface, took a screenshot with print screen key on the keyboard, and control + v pasted the screenshot in MS paint. I would return to the game and take multiple screenshots as I moved around my home. Would select parts of those pictures to overlap or stitch to the original picture until I got my whole home displayed.

So far I've customized my inn, blacksmith, and have finished a first draft of my food shop. Might look into replacing the tiles I used as a counter in my inn with the actual counter furniture if I can find more of them. So far my inn has a little eating area, bar area, bedrooms, and a little stage for performers to entertain guests along with a room for them to dress up and store things. Also have a room in the back for the innkeeper to do is bookkeeping and store inventory. Blacksmith has a forge, shelves with generic adventuring gear, and fancy stuff for sale in display cases. May look into the new display tiles later. My food shop/restaurant needs more/better windows but for now the ones I have are placeholders. Have little tables near the windows and past them booths with benches and tables. Past that I have a whole dining room table area where adventurers could sit elbow to elbow feasting on various steaks and meals. Might make more rows of tables for that. Definitely need to work on a functional kitchen as what I have are just placeholders for it.
>>
Just how much do i need to level tailoring before mass crafting panties on lucky day for maximum profiting?
>>
>>17569463
Just the minimum level required to unlock the recipe. I think it's 40 or so.
>>
File: 1490569402353.png (1MB, 1598x961px) Image search: [Google]
1490569402353.png
1MB, 1598x961px
>>17568877
My attempt at a medieval shopping mall.
Also, I use FastStone Capture for making screenshots, which you can easily just get cracked off of youtube.
>>
>>17569463
Crafting skill levels don't influence the quality of your stuff, just Luck.
>>
File: FUG.png (95KB, 909x82px) Image search: [Google]
FUG.png
95KB, 909x82px
does this shit do what I think it do?
because if so HOT DAMN
>>
File: WHYY.png (1MB, 1155x897px) Image search: [Google]
WHYY.png
1MB, 1155x897px
>>17569744
wait
WAIT FUCK IT DOES NOT DO WHAT I THOUGHT IT DO
You tellin me I have to pay 1.2 million dollars for this shit ON TOP OF THE 2K?
Get out of here.
>>
>>17569775
Uh, yeah.
It's so you don't have to remember to visit the embassy every month.
>>
>>17569775
It exists for people that forget to pay their taxes or don't want to be bothered to constantly remember to. Certificate is for a prepaid amount so when taxes are due it deducts from the prepaid amount. 1.2 million gold according to your picture.
>>
>>17569775
Please tell me you didn't think buying certificate for 2k meant the Palmia government was going to pay you 1.2 million gold.
>>
>>17569816
It's a little thing called a write off.
>>
>>17569775
I need to move to South Tyris if North Tyris is becoming a welfare errr state or country? Giving people nearly free money and free shit isn't sustainable. I swear, if all my taxes are going to fund low level adventurers to give them free shit I'm going to be angry.
>>
Oh nevermind. Read this >>17569786. Looks like North Tyris isn't going to go bankrupt. Phew that was close call.
>>
>>17569913
Well they already exempt anyone under level 6, so I wouldn't say that.
Fuckin welfare state man.
>>
>>17569925
They're extending it to lv 10 next patch too! Damn it all!
>>
>>17568756
I don't think that gun exists anymore. I couldn't for the life of me wish for it during wizard mode tests, and the wiki has no information on it dropping other than "it spawns on adventurers."
>>
if I summon my god at the truce grounds, invite them to come over and chill, and then start worshipping a different god, they'll stay at my house, right?
i wanna collect all the gods at my home
>>
File: partyvan.png (11KB, 403x16px) Image search: [Google]
partyvan.png
11KB, 403x16px
I'm fucking done.

>>17570540
I think Kai did that...? Sorta?
>>
>>17570540
Yup. Nothing stopping you from having a god party. Just make sure they don't start a drunken brawl against each other.
>>
Trying to figure out how to teach spells to pets, reading http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:AnnaBannana/New_Features_in_Elona_Custom_1.51.4#Teaching_a_Spell_or_Ability
>The pet's Casting skill level must be greater than the difficulty of the spell divided by 15.
Where do I find the hard value for "the difficulty of the spell"?

Is it http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Spells#Spell_Ranks
So if I wanted to teach them "16. Element Scar" their casting level must be greater than 16 divided by 15?
>>
File: 4312345678i.png (9KB, 558x23px) Image search: [Google]
4312345678i.png
9KB, 558x23px
>>17570616
>>
>>17570738
That rank is just an way to show the difficulty differences between spells (so you can easily see that Hero is very easy to cast compared to a Element Scar), it's not the exact casting level required to cast a spell.
I don't really know much about actual difficulty values, so unfortunately I can't help you with that.
>>
>>17562102
I thought cupid of love has breeding power? I just caught one but it says that it has 0 for some reason.
>>
rabbit tail drop nerfed to 2/3
Praise Ano, Ano is great, Ano really understand how a korean mmorp is meant to be played.
>>
>>17569308
No and I guess that was the problem. But fullscreen totally fucks up the resolution of my 1080p monitor, I can't tab out to do other things because everything is super zoomed in
>>
>>17568696
throw love potions at her until she is willing to let you rape her
there's more than one way to dominate
>>17568455
mind control a cute (male) thief guild member
>>
>>17571279
DESU Ano should re-think whole loot table with that rare drop flag in mind now. And tails drop way too often, ideed. During early game i used them in place of rations since they dont rot and all.
>>17571403
Change resolution in config file.
>>
>>17571520
I have.... Even at 1920x768 or whatever the max vertical res is it's too small. Never had this problem with any other game
>>
File: dudewrath.png (13KB, 390x20px) Image search: [Google]
dudewrath.png
13KB, 390x20px
>>17570845
Sexy herbs. I like it.
>>
>>17571534
Any other ANCIENT game?
>>
>>17571279
Good, I kept having shit load of rabbits tails that they were my only food source for me and my little girl.
I need to DL and learn how to use Elosnack to see how high did I get my Luck up so far.
>>
>>17571699
ANCIENT doesn't make PC games, silly. I guess I'll just have to deal with it though if there's really no mod or anything to fix this stuff
>>
File: Heh.png (498KB, 799x695px) Image search: [Google]
Heh.png
498KB, 799x695px
>>17566135
I just beat him yesterday. My little girl died so I faced him riding a giraffe found a few floors above him, he immediately summoned four high level monsters and killed us both. Then I went to fight him alone, his attacks didn't do much damage and luckily he summoned few and weak monsters (which he also killed), but he still had that annoying heal. I teleported him away till I had enough stamina to rush him down with special attacks.

It's a weird thing feeling like a background character despite kicking some major ass.
>>
>DL and tutorial through Elosnack
>Check my Luck
>933
>Level 17
They they really had to nerf rabbit tail drops.
>>
File: yes I know how far Ive sunk.png (501B, 48x48px) Image search: [Google]
yes I know how far Ive sunk.png
501B, 48x48px
>>17570616
IT'S AWWWWRIGHT
that reminds me I was planning on making a mai-chan run one of these days, found a perfect sprite on the DB one late and drunken night
>>
File: oh dear god.png (228KB, 485x505px) Image search: [Google]
oh dear god.png
228KB, 485x505px
>>17571970
I haven't read the daily BABY-FUCK of mai-chan
I'm assuming that's her?
Also share the details of this run, I am confused.
>>
>>17572007
Nah, she gets a "pet" quadruple amputee to look after at one point.
Her gimmick is she regenerates any damage dealt to her, even after being fucking mutilated, but not immediately or anything.
So really just any regular run already fits it. I could do whatever the fuck I want and still be in character.

You should read it, it's a genuine work of art rather than something you're supposed to fap to the whole time. It's only barely porn.
>>
File: COR BLIMEY.png (338KB, 510x540px) Image search: [Google]
COR BLIMEY.png
338KB, 510x540px
>>17572043
Duly noted, thanks.
>>
>>17571930
Do people just capture a Rabbit early on it and stick it in a Ranch?
>>
>>17572138
It's just as bad if you just do harvest time quests. I get like 3 tails per quest
>>
Where can I get a Potion of Cure Mutation? I've gotten 3 negative mutations via dreams and they all impact my combat. The wiki doesn't list a location or method to getting one.
>>
>>17572285
Magic vendors
>>
>>17572299
I've repeatedly check various vendors and they never seem to stock it.
>>
>>17572317
They should, without even investment, although it helps.
>>
>>17572282
I got like one per quest sometimes. I don't have time to hunt Rabbits and actually finish the quest, and I'd rather get those delicious platinum coins.
>>
>>17572317
>>17572285
Invest on some magic vendors, around rank 50 they should be fairly common.
You can also get it from dungeons.
>>
>>17572353
I guess I just have a good luck stat irl then. I go in, gather enough produce to overachieve the quest, and then hunt rabbits and hermit crabs for tails and shells. Get around 3 tails per quest, but shells seem to drop much more rarely for me though.
>>
>>17572353
why not both? i use uncontroll before harvesting a plant, thus skipping confused turns and get huge speed and strength boost. spammkng hero helps a bit as well. simply go to all 4 corners duringthe quest and your pets will kill most rabbits.
Trick is to do it after 10 RL mins after game load.
>>
I've put 40 hours in this game in the past 4 days, why is this game so great
>>
>>17572138
Don't even have to bother before around level 10, they're regular mobs until then.
Seriously it's the best source of food for long term 'losing track of time' playing besides bread and other flour based foods.
>>
>>17572553
>why is this game so great
Personally? Reminds me a lot of spending 20 hours a day as kid tucked into a sleeping bag during freezing temperatures playing Digimon World 2 on PS2
It has that nostalgia feel even though I never played anything like it.
>>
>>17572623
It's definitely comfy, just running back and forth across the map selling cargo is relaxing and profitable
>>
>>17572553
It's the ultimate sandbox
>>
>>17572553
It's also surreal how it's practically free. Why did the original dev abandon this game again?
>>
>>17572668
Apparently it was just a fun project for them while learning programming.
>>
>>17572668
Have you SEEN the coding for this game?
This makes autistic folk look at the dev wondering how autistic is he.
>>
>>17572677
explains the spaghetti code
i wish there was a co-op mod
>>
>>17572553
Even with the guides I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing.
>>
>>17572677
>Apparently it was just a fun project for them while learning programming.
If it's just a fun project then I wonder what he's doing now? You think he developed another game similar to this?
>>
>>17572682
>co-op mod
that would only be practical if there was a fixed movement in time during co-op and not just turn based.
>>
>>17572692
you could do it death road to canada style with 1st player controlling overland movement and 2nd player being able to take their turns in combat when they tick. the game already has primitive netcode, would be neat but any big mod is a pipedream with this game
>>
>>17572688
He's working on Elin, lurk more
>>
File: tmp_2418-1881178931873051374.jpg (61KB, 612x589px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_2418-1881178931873051374.jpg
61KB, 612x589px
>When you start to get more than one dish from cooking.
I didn't even know that was a thing.
>>
>>17572708
>Elin
Just checked it out and it seems promising. It says that it's coming to Steam right? Also some say that it is NOT rougelike but how is that exactly? Is it because of the lack of dungeons or the penalties in death?
>>
>>17572766
rune factory-like, apparently.
>>
>>17572829
In all fairness elona is rune factoryesque already.
>>
>>17572692
>>17572706
Idea wise it's not hard, Just take player 1 speed + Player 2 speed / 2 = Speed that is currently used for player turn calculation
Turn priority = Player with highest speed moves first, then player with 2nd highest speed
>>
I'm new to the game. What type of weapon should I give to a caster pet?
>>
>>17573006
any weapon with 'it enhances your spells‘ attribute
usually staves and whips got it.
>>
>>17573006
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Staff_of_Insanity

Aim for that.
>>
Does the Hit Bonus from a melee weapon affect the hit chance of your ranged weapon, and vice versa?
>>
>>17573006
Have it dual wield >>17573033 and http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Elemental_Staff
>>
>>17573047
Depends on what it's from, a general enchantment yes, skill bonuses no, those only apply to attacks that skill covers.
>>
so what's everybody's grind right now
got a lucky day so i'm doing blackjack with my hoard of chips in between arena and dungeon rank farm
>>
>>17573123
I just finished getting every summoned-god gift, so I'm switching to Ehekatl and repairing my Favor.
>>
>>17573153
MEWMEWMEWMEWMEW
>>
>>17573193
At least she's easy to please once you've got the Super Lure.
The hard part, of course, is finding the damn thing.
>>
>>17573123
Drowning Yacatect with jewelry and fat meat with challenge/panic quests so she will give me some nice pocket money and the the coin of happy capitalism.
>>
>>17569816
that's how it works in real life
it's just that you need to pay the 2k to a senator buddy and not directly to the tax office
>>
>>17573714
>pay 2k to a senator for tax evasion
laffo
>>
what items or npcs could use a little more custom sprite love? I uploaded a silly Karata sprite a couple days ago, but it would be nice to do some more serious replacements too.
>>
File: precious.png (17KB, 310x30px) Image search: [Google]
precious.png
17KB, 310x30px
Apparently rare treasure balls can hand out unique items.
>>
>>17571234

sitting at 1000+ luck due to the loot table flag crap at this rate they breed give my pets about half that luck
>>
accidentally click on /jp/
you guys are playing elona
why is this the best board?
>>
>>17572766
>>17572829
>>17572899
Elona is barely a roguelike in that it only apes on the control scheme and gameplay, and permadeath exists, but only voluntarily anyways.

From what I've seen of recent dev videos of Elin, it still apparently uses tilebased & turnbased movement, and the UI has been much improved to include things like visual hotkeys, better menus and potential mouse interactions.

What I'm REALLY worried about is how Noa or someone else mentioned that Elin will prob be less risque due to trying to get onto Steam. Will we still have the freedom to recruit a little girl at the start? Will we still be able to marry said little girls (or basically anything we want for that matter)? Will we be able to use panties as thrown weapons? We will be able to whore ourselves out? Nuke Palmia? Breed everything?

Aiming for steam is just opening a whole new can of worms. The price you pay for more publicity, is more outrage in today's outrage culture of censorship and social justice
>>
>>17574464
Dear crossboarder, please leave. Or don't make unnecessary posts like this. This is the last reply you'll get from me on this matter.
>>
>>17574476
Elona is still getting updates for the most part right? It's comedy gold, but it does seem like a project done for fun more than something meant to be put on Steam. You are right about Steam's climate and the overall rules that come with exposure, but Steam also allows porn games, Elona is all tongue-in-cheek and conveyed via text more than images or implied anyway. The gameplay videos are sparse, Elin could have all or most of the themes of Elona for all we know.
>>
>>17574503
>Elona is still getting updates for the most part right?
No, Elona itself has been dead for several years now.
Elona Plus is a fanmade fork of Elona that is still being updated - Noa, the original creator of Elona, has absolutely nothing to do with Elona Plus.
>>
>>17574476
>Aiming for steam is just opening a whole new can of worms. The price you pay for more publicity, is more outrage in today's outrage culture of censorship and social justice
This can was opened years ago, and nobody really cared about it. Steam is even accepting erotic RPG Maker games these days, like Material Girl. Put a poorly-done censor on top of nipples and you are good to go, Steam don't even care if you drop the link of the patch on community hub.
Internet "outrages" are just a bunch of bloggers trying to get clicks on their articles by spamming them on sites like Reddit, anyway. These people are too lazy to go out of their way to find things to complain about.
>>
>>17574512
Elona Plus and Elona Custom are what I meant by the most part I guess, I'm sure Elin or whatever takes up Noa's time these days. I think as long as it isn't too graphic it should be fine if they kept all of Elona's actions and themes on Steam, they allowed Hatred and H-games and other edgy or """offensive""" stuff
>>
Murder Knight. Yes or no?
>>
Should I still aim for potions of cure corruption from poker after clearing the first part of the game?
>>
>>17574659
No, there are much more kawaii pets available

>>17574671
You never needed to aim for them in the first place because you already knew all along you could find one through playing more poker
>>
>>17574678
Yeah, but don't you get different stuff when you bet more chips or win several times in a row?
>>
complete newfag here. is there a hard level cap for experience or skills? is there a soft cap or if not what represents a fully late game farmed up character?
>>
>>17574685
If you win 5 times in a row or 4 with high luck you will get a potion of cure corruption every time. Win 10 times in a row and you get a scroll of faith too
>>
>>17574476
The argument here is that it is a "choice". Users aren't compelled, forced, or encouraged to perform those somewhat questionable things. It's all based on that concept that would make Steam not restrict it too much. At it's core, it will rune factory and not like some notorius game like Rance.
>>
>>17574685
you get higher tier equips much faster with less wins

>>17574688
2000 is the cap for most things but there are various ways to go beyond that for certain stats.
>>
>>17574707
at what level or general stat spread should i be able to take on a god?
>>
>>17574745
>at what level or general stat spread should i be able to take on a [MEWMEWMEW]?
Anon, you what.
>>
>>17574745
500 or more in stats, at least 1000 speed - it really just depends whether you want to fight fair or cheese it, and whether you want to "grind" or play naturally through the game while getting there. A character who "grinds" for 300 hours like Kai is going to be a lot more powerful than a character played naturally for the same amount of time.
>>
Wait, there are people in this game that can kill gods like Ehekatl?
>>
>>17574835
There are, and some of them play on permadeath mode.
>>
>>17574878
Sheesh and I thought killing the chaos fort bosses were an achievement.
>>
Okay so is it wort catching monsters at the start? And if so, what kind?
>>
>>17575099
Yes. I would recommend getting a fire dragon child, it's a strong pet with lots of cool evolutions. Get the knockout feat in later game to keep from oneshotting monsters. Capturing a rabbit and a putit helps later for breeding to make money
>>
>>17575122
>I would recommend getting a fire dragon child
Yeah I thought about getting one too, getting a pet dragon would be cool. Although I have to ask how do you change your pet's name?
>>
>>17575124
Interact with it, the option is called Name
>>
File: Lack of god here.png (107KB, 806x625px) Image search: [Google]
Lack of god here.png
107KB, 806x625px
>>
How often does a 0 breed power produce a monster? Also, what is the necessary strength required to steal fruit trees? It always says that its too heavy and could strength be trained to extremeties which could allow you to carry altars?
>>
>>17575142
Dunno, but I'd swear it happens.
90, I think? It's item weight * 2.
Yes, absolutely. One of my characters does so, actually. Quite convenient.
>>
Throw Potion Greater not in the custom ai stuff even though two pets use this and some npcs

White princess and Halloween Night Head
>>
>>17575201
read the custom ai blog post
you need to re-initialize or whatever your pet after evolving.
>>
Can you move your starting cave at all or get a new deed for one?
>>
>>17575301
I don't think you can, but there's a deed of removal or something that might be the thing that does just that, start a new character on wizard mode and test it out.
>>
>>17575099
First get a Rabbit and Rat as fast as you can on lowest level you can get them, store the monster balls for later when you open a ranch or 2.
Rats breed like crazy and Rabbits are good for rabbit tails.
>>
>>17575425
I looked into it, what I wanted to do was move my cave behind my palace because I wanted it to be the caves underneath my palace, what I'll do is delete the cave, put the palace in its place, and get a dungeon with a custom cave map tile where I want it
>>
>when you spend 5 hours splicing genes onto your princess to make her the ultimate being before she takes the throne of undeath and becomes a vampire
>>
>>17575430
I know that weaker the creature the higher the breeding power, does that mean level only which wiki seems to imply or do stats and skills count too?
>>
>>17575466
The creature's actual level is the only thing that factors into Breeding Power, nothing to do with stat or skill level. Level 1 is where you want them for any creature but most have an inherently low breeding power besides low levels
>>
Is it me or are the "leather" and "vein" materials really rare? I've gathered thousands of other materials but only a few dozen veins and 3 leathers
>>
>>17576365
are you using gain material scrolls or dungeons? I find that scrolls usually only give you a certain tier of mats.
>>
>>17576435
Dungeons, searching through all the piles of materials I can find, especially when nefia fever starts, I've also read a few gain material scrolls
>>
Would liches make good claymores seeing how they start off with insane resistances and magic is the main weakness of claymores?
>>
>>17576489
Short answer: below average combination
Long answer: ignore all that bullshit written on wiki about claymores. claymore is a common warrior class, and you will be forced to have heavy armor class with two hand. since its a melee class, life is more important than anything else early on. yerles, golem, dwarf, goblin are decent choices
>>
>>17576489
they make okay claymores, they do have lower life stat than golems but have normal speed and have the best mana/life ratio which means plenty of mp to cast heals/buffs
>>
>>17576523
>>17576582
Well I'm gonna try it out.
>>
Is there a use for livestock feed?
>>
>>17576669
It increases weight.
Things that weigh more give things that sell for more (like their eggs, corpses, milk(?))
>>
Do the minor gods in Lost Irva respawn?
>>
>>17576716
Unless it's for story reasons, every fixed NPC in Elona eventually respawns.
>>
Is there a way to properly organize monsters at the ranch? The fact they move around everywhere is getting damn annoying
>>
File: elonasharp.png (7KB, 455x161px) Image search: [Google]
elonasharp.png
7KB, 455x161px
Microsoft's XNA graphics API is dead, if by some miracle I actually put serious effort into this I want it to be in something maintainable
These are the options for Elona# (project TTL: 1 week), also the Mono implementation of XNA seems to be actively maintained.
First challenge: How the fuck do I make the map? I thought the map for each region was just a large image, but it is built of smaller tiles. I can only imagine the game is looping through a 2d array of sprite atlas coordinates and drawing the world one tile at a time. Looks like Unity lets me do that as a GUI so I'll try that if I can't get monogame sprites as toolbar items. Shit, maybe I should just download their-
>Unity Personal contains the following:
>Ads
maybe I'll just hang myself
>>
>>17576844
There's no reason you couldn't use Monogame. I've used it myself.
Never touch Unity. I ain't playing a spyware game.
>>
Did agdg send their ideas guys here
>>
>>17576844
Join me and fall for Godot meme.
>>
What is the total AP cap? I don't mean the 2000 current AP, but the total one. I think I read it exists.
How long does it take to reach it?
>>
>>17577235
>The maximum AP that a character can obtain is 80000 - Attribute INI - Speed INI.
>>
What's the point of the Mechanical Binder from Mani?
>>
>>17577467
just like all other last god rewards: help you train skills and stats. mani's helps training physical attack skills. for melee pair with jure's n evative damage spear for maximum efficiency.
>>
>>17576844
oh boi.
At least its not a project of conversion to equally bad java this time. I fully expect something like 400mb for base game/2gb ram min req if you accidently manage to preserve til the 1.0 release.

To draw a map, you gotta refer to both tiles array and items on this map array, btw.

You'll probably need good grep/sed skills to proccess loot drop/generation part.

The main problem, however, is that E+ is an active project, and keeping up with an active project is a major pain in the ass unless you move everything aside from the i/o core to easy to edit xml or something. I'd love to have easily moddable version of Elona, tho.
Good luck!
>>
File: AP.png (1MB, 1601x598px) Image search: [Google]
AP.png
1MB, 1601x598px
>>17577235
I've reached cap AP for me and at least one of my pets. Don't think I'll be getting anymore due to the fact that I can't find strong enough enemies in the void to give me AP. I suspect that awakened dungeons have the same enemy lv cap of 6,666 and capped out stuff but that will be something for me to see later. Probably would put the cap somewhere between 80k and 90k. It will be awhile before you the cap in AP but you can certainly hurry it up if you're strong enough to kill enemies deep in the void.
>>
Why isn't the game allowing me to recruit Poppy? I already sent my two pets back home, hell I even got one of them killed just to see if it would make space, but nope, nothing.
>>
>>17577700
Pets that are dead or sent home still take up slots, just like pets in your ranch or working as your shopkeeper do.
>>
>>17577700
Store them at the Dojo
>>
>>17577700
equip engagement ring
>>
>>17577717
>>17577723
That's kinda silly but alright.
>>17577727
Yeah I just thought of that. I hear putit meat gives charisma so maybe that quest with all the putits will help?
>>
>>17577752
you'll need potential in charisma to train it, eating putits is the same as training.
1 eng. ring give 5 cha = +1 follower slot
>>
Is it just me or is it much easier to start off with a Martial Arts build now?
>>
>>17577770
there shouldnt be any difference in early game, methinks. it only scales much better than vanilla MA
>>
>>17577752
faster way to raise charisma is to invest 50 in shops you haven't done anything with, investing in the bakery in vernis will raise your stuff by 2 - 3 points if you haven't hopelessed your charisma potential already
>>
>>17577780
he is trying to finish friggin puppy cave noob quest, and you want him to invest hundreds of thousands gold, i doubt he's even getting breakfasts to keep decent potential for cha
>>
>>17577786
Yeah really haha. I tried this game multiple times but Puppy Cave always gave me trouble, but now I'm trying to take this game seriously and I'm having a blast.
>>
>>17577752
also quest with putits got too many acid slimes, a real pain to complete with non-ranged char.
>>
File: cf.png (36KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
cf.png
36KB, 126x126px
Fuck you Amurdad. God DAMN I hate Super Regene so much.
I have never been so glad to hear decapitation go off.
>>
>>17577642
Such a small thing, but how do you get your pet to have a profile of their own?
>>
>>17577786

its about 20k to invest 50 into a baker, that isn't impossible and could already have it if he has done a few before its too late quests
>>
>>17577979
nigga when i was doing puppy quest for the first time i had 300 gold and i spent everything on rations
>>
>>17576877
>>17576943
Good tutorials anywhere? I'm watching one for cocos# and liking it so far, seems pretty novice friendly. Most of what I do at work is J2EE, so the graphics concepts other than sprite are all pretty foreign to me. I'm grabbing stuff over nuget which I think is a mistake since it only installs packages for the current project, instead of adding project templates with default code which would be helpful.
>>17577639
primary goal is to draw enough playerbase from ano that he has to submit to me sexually
>>
>>17577956
If you speak with the Abyss Princess found in the deep sea castle she has talk options that allow you to come up with a profile for your pets.
>>
>>17578099
Nice, thanks.
>>
>>17578087
Monogame: http://rbwhitaker.wikidot.com/monogame-tutorials
If you don't already know C# it covers that too.
Godot is kinda new so documentation is sparse, ask agdg.
>>
File: niceu.png (847KB, 995x661px) Image search: [Google]
niceu.png
847KB, 995x661px
>>17578087
>monogame sdk includes with ffmpeg
/wsg/ approved
>>
>>17576844
Could I ask why C#?
Why not Java? It's pretty portable and wouldn't run too much like crap...
Or just go with C++...
>>
>>17578375
>Why not Java?
you're kidding, right?
>>
>>17578375
c# is easy
>>
>>17578378
I mean, I love to shit on Java a lot but Java has some okay graphics libraries, and it's pretty easy to prototype in. I know the JVM is shit but its super portable. With C# you might have some portability problems.

Just two cents.
>>
File: thicc.png (5KB, 589x41px) Image search: [Google]
thicc.png
5KB, 589x41px
This must have a shitload of calories
>>
File: heart attack.jpg (63KB, 480x601px) Image search: [Google]
heart attack.jpg
63KB, 480x601px
>>17578390

>1400 pound lobster egg into a cheese cake
>>
>>17578390
Hi anon! The USDA reports the calories for one serving that only weighs 80 grams and equals 1/6 of a whole cheesecake. This serving size has 257 calories. That's 3.2 calories per gram, but other sources report as high as 4 calories per gram. Given 3.2 calories per gram, 100 stone of cheesecake would be about 2032094 calories. That's about 8502281 Joules, which is 8.5 MJ. One kilowatt hour of electricity is 3.6 megajoules, so this is about 2.36 kWh, probably enough to power your apartment for a few months!
>>
>>17577376
>>17577642
>1.68
>When earned AP causes current AP to exceed the cap of 2000, the excess AP earned will decrease total AP.
>(This means that AP is no longer wasted when AP is at cap.)

do you niggers even read patch notes ?
>>
>>17578488
That just means that when you go over the 2000 AP limit that you can hold at one time, the extra isn't lost forever.
>>
>>17578488
lol youve never even had 2000 ap baka
>>
>>17578488
Lets say you had 1999 AP and an enemy gives you 2 AP. You would hit the 2000 AP cap however the grand total in parenthesis would reduce by 1. Contrary to what people thought about that change, 2000 AP is a hard cap and once you hit that you must spend. You cannot have 2000 AP and expect to keep getting AP to reduce the grand total. Instead, all the AP you keep gaining and spending will just contribute to the grand total. Due to this, you will eventually hit the cap in the total amount of AP you can earn.

Play the game. You'll see what I mean eventually.
>>
Guys, after getting to south tyris, do you guys even return often to North? I've never been to "late game", but i have my palace deed and planned to install it on south instead.
>>
>>17578711
I visit all three lands, North Tyris, South Tyris, and Irva, regularly. Invested shopkeepers and job board quests keep me traveling.
>>
>>17578711
Getting Sophia's 3 sizes requires you to complete monthly quests where you help her organize books
>>
>>17578711
I guess I could move to the south, but I'm so used to living in the north
>>
File: monogame.png (52KB, 920x713px) Image search: [Google]
monogame.png
52KB, 920x713px
so many monogame things I find online are instructions for mac that aren't relevant for me...
and no internal documentation
>>
>>17578711
I find that north tyris is better than south for quest grinding/hitting up the magic shops/cargo stuff since there is basically only two ends to be at you can put your house closer to noyel and teleport to lesimas to get around super fast.
>>
File: test.png (4MB, 2012x2384px) Image search: [Google]
test.png
4MB, 2012x2384px
>>17563787
pushing boundries on filesize limits so I couldn't fit the vault in this one image so I'll post it after
Basically some ruins dug into a mountain that I've re-purposed as a home is the idea, plus some shit outside.
>>
File: vault.png (688KB, 803x1221px) Image search: [Google]
vault.png
688KB, 803x1221px
>>17578914
and the vault
short teleport in, return to get out
annoyingly the return point from this map puts me at the wrong staircase but whatever
>>
>>17578711
North has snow, so it's best for passing time.
>>
what does uncomfy do to furniture? it isn't on the wiki
>>
>>17579424
Low multiplier for house furniture value.
>>
What's the level cap on spells?
>>
>>17579439
from what I understand any multiplier is better than none, is that the same for that one? its currently on a rare piece of furniture that I can't really compare with another
>>
Just used a "Deed of Shack" and tried moving all of my stuff from cave to the shack, but for some reason when for example I try to open the fridge it says "You can only open it at your home". So does the game not consider the new shack my new home? What do I do?
>>
How would I write a custom ai to accommodate for a pet with a weapon "It makes it possible to remote blow"?
>>
>>17579535
Deed of Shack, or Deed of Storage House?
>>
>>17579545
I don't exactly remember, but on second thought it may just be that. Well thanks for clearing that up buddy.
>>
I have 3 slots on my mutant that I want to use for either more hands, rings, or amulets, and I already have 16 hands, 2 ring, and 1 amulet slots.
What's the best use for the remaining three slots, I'm thinking rings since they can have extra melee chance on them, and there's lots of good uniques.
Amulets seem kind of useless besides twin edge, and I don't know if they have any good random equipment attributes.
>>
>>17578381
you need portability to raspberry or something?
java has too many problems due to it's portability, linuxfags could simply use wine in overwhelming majority of cases.
>>17579576
i'd go backslot and 2 rings. can get 4 garrok'ed speed rings for crazy fast travel. back got both good random attributes and a couple of decent uniques(for DW i'd get this new PAW swordwing for debuff, forgot the name)
>>
>>17579757
I already got a back slot for Mighty Arms, you mean another one?
>>
File: 20170904_141901.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170904_141901.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
When will I have my little girl to cook me breakfast?
>>
>>17579962
>16 hands, 2 ring, and 1 amulet slots.
you can use 2 back slots as well. I really recommend getting at least 1 proximity assist proc per attack unless you use light sabres.
>>
>>17579998
teach her cooking, get good relationship, details on wiki
>>
>>17579998
Become a gene engineer, look for some +30 years old virgins, use them on your illegal experiments to create the ultimate wife form.
>>
>>17580125
But I spent my last plat on the Elona thread bread and the billboard hasn't updated in years
>>
File: 1504529374154.png (938KB, 524x800px) Image search: [Google]
1504529374154.png
938KB, 524x800px
>>17580151
That is what you get for not being a faithful follower of the cutest goddess.
>>
everybody loves shena's ass
>>
Does Eye of Mind extend to Magic?
>>
when owning a shop, do I have to follow the type of items I need to sell based on the shop I try to run or can I just sell anything?
>>
>>17580776
Magic does not crit
>>17580820
Anything, but off-topic items sell slowly
>>
>>17580931
I see. I was wondering why my fridge disappeared. Now I know.
>>
>>17580938
Actually think fridges are furniture, and furniture/cargo doesn't sell in shops at all (allows you to make your shop pretty).
>>
What's the best use for Stardust?
>>
>>17581421
Enchant stuff that already hit the blacksmith cap (+10), since it can reach +15 enchantment.
>>
What's an good mage pet from north tyris that i can also use it later on south?
>>
>>17581573
Fox Brother if you farm books.
>>
my character has been alive for 13 ingame years, worships ehekatl with 9000 favor, and has all the luck feats. i have found my first rod of wishing. game is hard
>>
>>17581603
Thanks. I happen to have 9 diaries saved already, just gotta find a fusion pot and begin science.

His evolution path is A or B? Megid Flame seems nice, but >100 sta use
>>
Where to make my new home near Port Kapul or near Palmia? I'm in the Fighter's Guild by the way.
>>
>>17581621
Not including farming?
I guess RNG will always be RNG, even with infinite luck. I remember getting two rods (I think one of them was from salary box) and the wish spell (from one of my first five wonder scrolls) on the first year of my character.
>>
File: spellcap.png (666KB, 804x603px) Image search: [Google]
spellcap.png
666KB, 804x603px
>>17579457
Spell cap for all spells is 2000. I've only reached it with oracle myself so far.

>>17578914
Pretty cool. I also like the vault idea. Neat.

>>17581573
Exile is another good mage pet.
>>
>>17581639
Pets don't use stamina IIRC. Even if you don't use custom. Megid flame is super good if you're a mage, or plan to exploit the wet + ice/lightning combo with elemental enchantments. It gets even better with Custom, as you can script your fox bro to use it frequently rather than up to chance.
>>
>>17581649
I live near Palmia because it is also near Yowyn: tons of party and harvest quests, plus an altar for favor farming challenge/panic quests. Plus more furniture sellers for my interior decoration addiction.
Fighter's Guild quests will always be annoying even if you live right next to Kapul.
>>
>>17581649
I'm in the fighters guild as well. I have my palace near Port Kapul for the guild, pet arena, and as a return point to easily reach the other end of the map from Noyel.
>>
File: Untitled.png (12KB, 597x21px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
12KB, 597x21px
I take 1 step on the overworld with Etherwind and I get this.

Since I'm playing a firearm-focused character, I'm not sure if this is actually a bad thing.
>>
File: what.png (15KB, 216x90px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
15KB, 216x90px
What's the tallest you can get? Is there no limit? Really wish these actually have an effect on your character.
>>
>>17581772
Probably goes on forever, at least until you overflow the counter.
>>
>>17581740
A helmet can give you a lot more benefits than some Per, but you may not have anything that good for the time being.
>>
>>17581740

at the start that is not so bad but later on you get way more benefits with a helmets you can find+mod stats on to them
>>
>>17582075
Well yes, but the +per grows as you level. If you're a dedicated gunner type and think your resists are fine, there is an argument to be made for having kemonomimi.
>>
>>17581772
you're a big guy.
>>
>>17581820
Will we have someone autistic enough whose master plan will be to become the biggest guy and crash Irva with no survivors?
>>
What should I do with this mad scientist that just joined my party? Does he have good genes?
>>
>>17582136
uu
uu
>>
I'm really hating visual studio
I don't get how this content packaging bullshit works and there is no content pipeline standalone for windows
why is this basic shit so fucking hard?
>>
>>17582437
Only one way to find out anon
>>
>>17582462
I'm kinda early on so I can't really just go out breeding.
>>
Is stacking as much speed as possible with glass equipment at the beginning a viable strategy?
>>
>>17582466
Getting the gene machine early on isn't difficult, and you can see what available limbs or skills you can get from a pet before you splice it
>>
>>17582475
Not quite, but yes as well
Get any glass equipment that's half decent and upgrade it at blacksmiths.
>>
>>17582100
For the most part I need my helmet slot for the Sage's Helm.
See Invisible is a bitch to come by.
>>
File: pic_2.png (2KB, 48x48px) Image search: [Google]
pic_2.png
2KB, 48x48px
a pet tile for u
(convert to bmp)
>>
>>17577642
Crap. Had no idea someone could get so strong. Did you follow any guides like the power gaming guide on the wiki? If not maybe you should create one. Shit you must be the Kai people talk about. So can you do 8k dmg? A mutant on the wiki was boasting about doing that much damage compared to a wizards 2k
>>
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Murder_Knight

Wiki says he has innate time stop, how does that work? Like an ability or it's just intrinsic to all his attacks? Was thinking of making him a dual wielder.
>>
I spend this weekend trying to figure out why the fuck monogame wasn't installing when I installed it, turns out it installs to the user dir of the current user, which is always admin because installers require admin to run. Apparently their install script guy can't do anything right, the v3.5 installer was also all fucked up, but obstacle overcome and morale is excellent.
Elona# is now in active development between supcom fa binges. Current challenge is figuring out if I can bypass the content manager, it wouldn't be elona if you needed to recompile to swap out sprite sheets.
>#if WINDOWS || LINUX
apparently it can run on linux
>>
File: hard gay.png (32KB, 925x32px) Image search: [Google]
hard gay.png
32KB, 925x32px
>>
Do the famous adventurers you find in random towns make good pets/allies?
>>
>>17583521
I've seen on two occasions anons rageposting about how he never timestops.
That doesn't necessarily mean is loses it, he might not have it anymore or maybe the ability is bugged. But AFAIK he never timestops.
>>
File: triple level up.png (174KB, 1280x243px) Image search: [Google]
triple level up.png
174KB, 1280x243px
Wow I did not know leveling spells could give you so much experience. For some reason I assumed that grinding and spam casting spells would level it faster than spending coins but I'm dumb...
>>
>>17583650
It's extremely fast training for magic/will/etc as well, assuming you can keep the potentials up.
It is costly, however, and the platinum cost rises with spell levels.
>>
>>17583662
Thank you very much. I had some 50 coins saved up because I didn't know the best way to spend them. What's the best way to train your other skills like throwing and tactics for example, and is it a good idea to invest plat in leveling potentials?
>>
>>17583421
Pretty sure 2k to 8k damage doesn't even raise an eyebrow for Kai anymore.
>>
>>17583677
I'm not really a powergamer, so my advice may not be the best for extreme gains.
At low levels I just did my best to use platinum to keep all my skill potentials out of the gutter. For the most part you can't spend platinum to directly level skills, just improve their potential.
Normally if you want to level a specific attribute, you'll power level some skill associated with it while keeping their potentials acceptably high.

Weapons skills like tactics and throwing, etc you can only really train by using them, so there's no real power leveling that until much later where you can get god gifts that let you reduce your damage greatly.
>>
>>17583521
>>17583575
Pretty sure I've seen him do it in the past. Maybe it got removed at some point?

Either way, if it's an ability you should be able to view it in custom. Most likely it's a proc though.
>>
>>17583701
So how much damage does he do then and with what? His character isn't a mutant so how is he able to do more damage than one?
>>
Hey so I just started and this might be a stupid question, but how do I check my companions skills and attributes? I can't find it in the interact menu.
>>
>>17583745
Go to the informer in the adventurer's guild or start gene engineering
>>
>>17583745
Informer NPC (investigate option), usually he/she is near a wizard NPC (the one that identifies your stuff).
>>
>>17583753
>>17583760
Aah found him, Thanks!
>>
My mad scientist knows some sort of skill called "Dance of Blow" that lets him hit like 10 times at once but I don't think I can see his skills so I don't know for sure. Is that normal?
>>
>>17583803
Seems normal to me
>>
Killed Zeome in one hit then ate him, then accidentally killed Orphe in one hit and ate him too
>>
>>17583803
that is probley his weapon gauge, the multi-hit is the 100% off of a staff type weapon
>>
>>17583732
my dude, read some of the past threads. just start clicking "previous thread" and ctrl-f "damage."
my current character is a Lv100 wizard and it does 10k damage with 1 magic dart.
Kai deals 10s of millions of damage with his bare fists. He fights things that are Lv6666 and thinks they're not strong enough. He beat up a custom near-indestructible creature that casts meteor and heals itself for millions of hp. He's spent over 150m gold easy just on investing in his home magic vendors. 8k is nothing, and one can probably become stronger than Kai.
>>
>>17583421
No I didn't follow any guides off of the wiki although I think I remember reading the power gaming guide there a long time ago. My memory on that is hazy but I stopped reading it halfway as it became apparent that the info probably applied to how the game was like in the past. The wiki is a valuable resource but there are parts of the wiki that probably need to be updated. 2k or for that matter 8k damage may have been quite a lot in the past but I'm sure players these days know more about the game now and are hitting for a lot higher. I'm personally hitting for millions using martial arts, two hand, or magic.

While I haven't read any guides, I typically frequented the elona forums in the past when it was active and these threads. I learned a lot from the players in threads past so threads like these can be a valuable resource. The wiki may have outdated info so you may want to ask your questions here to get more up to date and possibly more accurate info. I and others would be glad to answer questions.

As for writing guides, I have a martial arts guide and a pet guide which should be linked in the pastebin. Those guides need to be updated eventually, specifically special actions now vary in stamina cost and I can write a bit about INI resetting for pets, but for the most part those guides are pretty accurate in how I feel about certain things.
>>
>>17583819
>>17583839
Ah that makes since. Didn't know weapons had special skills.
>>
What should I be spending my AP on? Dump into speed first?
>>
>>17583937
Speed is a priority, but check out Barrier as well.
>>
>>17583964
Do you think that's still a good idea if I cast / use a caster pet?
>>
>>17583972
It's up to you. Barrier can always be refunded if you don't like it.
Taking no damage when casting Meteor but going into negative MP is rather interesting though.
>>
>>17583987
Does barrier damage subtract until you reach the 1/3 or can you hit 0 mp if enough damage is dealt to you?
Basically are you immortal until you are taken down to 1/3 or will the remaining damage be removed from your health?
>>
>>17584060
As long as you have >1/3 MP, every instance of damage dealt to you is taken from MP.
So if you have 1000 HP and 1000 MP, and some incoming attack deals 10,000 damage to you, you'll go to 1000 HP and -9000 MP.

I know this because it happened to me testing Meteor with all my armor off.
>>
>>
File: kickass.png (421KB, 731x523px) Image search: [Google]
kickass.png
421KB, 731x523px
almost makes me want to hire an adventurer
>>
File: crawwllling.png (8KB, 398x21px) Image search: [Google]
crawwllling.png
8KB, 398x21px
>>
>some guy spawned a lion in Palmia
>I kill it
>Some dumbass noble throws fire
>Half the town is now burning to the ground
HELP
>>
is it bad if i buy a palace with a design in mind then end up liking the default design so much i keep it?
>>
>>17583841
>>17583900
I just found out about this thread a day ago and mainly got my info from the wiki. How strong are characters normally? is Kai the norm?
>>
>>17584411
>is Kai the norm?
Fuck no.
>>
>>17584411
Not in the slightest. Probably the strongest character I've seen out of people that actually post their characters. While most of us are busy fighting some orc in a dungeon that guy is probably fighting some elder god that can destroy worlds in the space between stars. Most of us are probably still in the double or hundred digits in level and stats.
>>
>>17584272
>no option to fire
>>
>>17584413
>>17584430
Damn that's still amazing to me though. People are normally in the hundreds? Highest I got was Lv 63 with about 70 in my stats. I really should come here then for info to improve my game.
>>
>>17584272
As soon as she attempts to get you into porn to make some extra gold fire her anon.
>>
>>17584456
before I lost my old save I was around level 200, after a certain point the exp you need to level up caps and it becomes far easier to level than to get actual stats and skills. This quickly gets ridiculous if you don't plan out your grind to keep your damage up
>>
>>17584502
Well fortunately the game doesn't really "scale" like it used to in old Elona, so it's not like you can get fucked over by not grinding hard enough to match your level. You just need to stay out of the more dangerous locations.
>>
>>17584502
>>17584511
Yeah this game definitely seems more managable to play now than prior versions. I'm having a blast so far.
>>
>>17584360
Do you have gold? Buy as much potions and throw it at the fire. Hopefully that puts it out and doesn't make it worse.
>>
>>17584548
that sounds like a worse idea than just leaving and coming back a few days later
or at the very least waiting for rain
>>
>>17584360
water bolt
>>
>>17584548
Why on earth would you waste money for the lives of NPCs?
>>
>>17584598
But what of the queen and Mia. They'll burn to death before the rain comes.
>>
>>17584605
I need those shopkeepers to buy my rotten food!
>>
>>17584622
Elona NPCs are like roaches, you can never really get rid of them for good even if you try.
>>
>>17584613
They won't burn if the player isn't around to see it.
>>
>>17584645
Because of my existence too pure for this world Mia burns to death because I'm the observer of bad things that happen to people.
>>
>>17584456
70 in your stats?
that's so low
I'm only at 100-150 for my stats and I'm 60 and I feel like I'm really underpowered compared to characters I see posted
>>
File: ids habbeding.png (772KB, 802x509px) Image search: [Google]
ids habbeding.png
772KB, 802x509px
progress: Holy shit I drew a fucking sprite! It is 3:20 and I have work tomorrow but I can't stop now.
>>
>>17584769
I appreciate the autism.
>>
>>17583650
Why aren't you showing us your pet's name? Are you ashamed of your party?
>>
>>17584835
First time spending so much time creating an OC. I'm glad I took extra precaution against snoopy anons like yourself.
>>
File: corrupt save please dont.png (728KB, 1281x768px) Image search: [Google]
corrupt save please dont.png
728KB, 1281x768px
UMMMM
>>
do we have an op image for the next thread?
>>
>>17584921
he wouldn't have even noticed if you hadn't of blanked the name out you know

>>17584927
>not having 10+ backups
>>
Is it possible to use houzanha in Jail? That's would be a ridiculously easy escape...
>>
File: shitshow.png (11KB, 674x139px) Image search: [Google]
shitshow.png
11KB, 674x139px
Man, chat just isn't the same like the good old days.

Not enough newbie deaths or moongates, and wishes don't get broadcasted anymore

Seeing botched wishes was great.
>>
Should I give all my melee pets heavy or medium armor?
>>
>>17585135
i don't know if there's a reason not to roll heavy armor if they're not gonna be casting spells (other than carry-weight restrictions)
>>
>>17585028
I make one every thread (I was absent a couple threads ago though, breaking the streak). If threads keep 404'ing without links to new one and collages stop popping up I probably made like a bell and vanished
>>
File: 1422689002706.jpg (128KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1422689002706.jpg
128KB, 900x900px
>Something were tore up in the sharp strings!
>>
File: Capture.jpg (197KB, 1824x1056px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
197KB, 1824x1056px
how do i configure elonachat?

my server.txt looks like this
>>
>>17585351
>You feel sad for a moment...
>>
>>17585410
Delete server.txt and follow the guide on OP. This worked for someone else in the last thread, at least.
>>
File: vcgbngf hnj.gif (848KB, 665x662px) Image search: [Google]
vcgbngf hnj.gif
848KB, 665x662px
>>17585476
>>
>>17585476
apparently i cant even chat in elona+

pressing tab doesnt do anything
>>
>>17585495
thats good. the chat server sucks anyway. there's always a couple guys who think they's hilarious inputting some real cringe and then the rest of the messages are "so and so died to a wizard of elea"
>>
>>17585183
Someone earlier said pets don't suffer casting penalties due to equipment, so they always have 95% cast rate. Unless they're a Warmage with the +5%.
>>
>>17585687
That's correct, but they are also penalized by Riding, and Warmage cannot help them there and they're capped at 95%
>>
>>17585699
So I can't switch my Exile to warmage for 100% cast chance?
>>
>>17585900
You can, just don't have it ride anything or be ridden.
>>
>>17585914
Gotcha, thanks for clearing that up.
>>
File: Untitled.png (128KB, 432x271px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
128KB, 432x271px
is this worth buying for 120k?
the money isn't THAT big a deal but i'd rather not be wasteful, and im not sure how good ele resist is in this game.
>>
>>17585950
120k is nothing, if it's better than your current charm then go for it
>>
>>17585950
>magic resist
I would buy 10 copies of it just because magic resist is stupid rare for me. At least I got a proximity living grenade to for that.
>>
>>17585950
>>17585958
Isn't resistance to magic the rarest resist to come by? Having #### on an amulet sounds pretty good.
>>
You know, when you give the world of Elona a moment's thought, it's pretty fucking terrifying.

Monsters are literally everywhere, the wells are infested with the eggs of parasitic aliens, there's a mutative wind that covers the entire continent at least four times a year and almost every nation is in a state of cold or open war with every other. Not to mention the background mutative radiation that WILL eventuanlly turn you into a monstrosity before killing you, unless you find very rare and expensive potions.
>>
>>17585989
I'm more scared about the idea that being a whore is basically illegal, except if you nuke the capital on your nation to learn the secrets of legal prostitution from a terrorist.
But yeah, mutations and alien impregnation is scary, but also kind of hot.
>>
>>17586042

>but also kind of hot

There's nothing hot about an Alien ramming a spike into your chest to lodge a parasite that will eventually explode out of your flesh in a shower of gore.

The mutations aren't inherently bad, at least when they turn you into a superhuman.
>>
>>17585989
no permanent death.
Everything is dull and expected.
Even if per chance you do die, you are just moved to the void with the almaighty non existant eyth
>>
>>17586067

Pretty sure the permanent death thing is just gameplay convenience.
>>
>>17586062
>into your chest
Yeah that would be boring, except if we are taking about nipples, I guess.
Maternal instincts triggering due to alien poison corrupting the victim's brain, just like my favorite parasitic wasps, with that sweet touch of insanity is also very important.
>>
>>17585687
But later on (especially with custom AI so you can make them actually use the buff), medium armor allows them to use Magic Equip for the spellpower buff
>>
>>17586109

That doesn't happen though. Any sane character just drinks a vial of dye.

Also do golems, men or liches even have instincts like that?
>>
>>17586203
When you look at your little girl your instinct to feed her your milk should activate
>>
>>17586203
I'm sure that a golem or a lich wouldn't care much about it. It's basically fresh meat growing inside of them, pretty nice for religious rituals. Plus, if gameplay worked a bit more around their racially traits, an alien egg would just die inside of them.
If IRL parasitic body invaders can even turn male victims into female ones (to seduce other males and get even more corruption around), I'm sure that alien poison can do something about their male victims.
>>
so i bought a ranch, took a wing snail into my party and im trying to leave the snail at the ranch to breed itself at the register by assigning it as breeder

it says current breeder is wing snail but anytime i leave the ranch the snail is still running around with me, what am i doing wrong?
>>
>>17586281
Remove leash, turn off precious pet, try to place it inside the barn with the register.
>>
>>17586279

Human bodies are way more complex than insects though. In fact, many insects are DESIGNED to be able to change sexes in a pinch, to ensure that something can always carry the species on. Mammals can't do that.

Also. gender bender stuff sucks and I avoid it as much as possible in media.
>>
>>17586295
Aliens are quite complex creatures too. But, while I used that example, I was still thinking about psychological changes, not full-on body deformation. That would be silly, yes.
And, as you said, people can just drink some dye, a simple solution for a supposedly scary situation. Humanity in Elona is probably far more scary than aliens, mutations, demons and other cosmic horrors, since they can not only adapt themselves to all these creatures, but also use them as weapons, sacrifices for rituals to their gods, and even livestock.
And yet only terrorists know how to make prostitution a legal job. Go figure.
>>
Just starting Elona.

Which race is the closest to baseline human?
>>
>>17586287
ah, i had it leashed. thanks!
>>
>>17586333
Following RPG standards, I guess Yerles. Nothing special about them other than the power of learning.
>>
>>17586333

Yerles are tech humans.
Eulderna are magic humans.
Juere are gypsy humans.

There's nothing stopping either race from pursuing magic or tech though.

Al other races are filthy abominations that should be purged. Juere possibly as well.
>>
How does ranchs works and why should i bother having one?
>>
>>17586333
juere and yerles would be the closest and norland and zanan as well but those are npc only ones.
>>
>>17586340
>Nothing special about them
Dr. Gavela would like a word with you.
>>
New >>17586400
>>
>>17586333
Technically the Eleans are the closest living relatives to ancient humans, but Yerles are basically Americans. You want to be #1 don't you?
>>17586357
you assign a party member to breed
it fills the ranch with babies, max pop and breed speed depend on breed power
babies will lay eggs and milk and poop
at max pop you can remove breeder and free up the party slot if all you want are eggs and milk, if you want meat you need a breeder
each baby has its two traits (positive or negative) that you can view when rubbing with a brush in your inventory. Traits can modify how fast it makes milk or eggs, meat +enhancement or quantity, skin +enhance or quantity
So if you want to mass produce meat you find a baby with "you just might be able to get more meat, furthermore looks plump with decent meat" (in either order), recruit it with dominate (give it a name so you don't mix it up with its parent), assign it as breeder and cull all its siblings (and abandon the original breeder to free up a party slot). Now its offspring will inherit (or are more likely to, not sure) the good meat traits, maximizing meat production.
If you want milk or eggs, you can just cull any offspring lacking the "adept at producing milk/laying eggs" until all the offspring have it, and again releasing the breeder to free up a party slot. This means you can recruit a baby with good milk or egg traits, take it from one ranch to another and fill as many ranches as you want with offspring. (and release it when you're satisfied)
Livestock won't spontaneously drop dead like plants, and no worrying about seeds. Ranching had a steeper initial time investment if you want to maximize the gains from it, but is much more set it and forget it than farming. Putits, sheep, chickens and cows all have high breed power. Kai did some testing and found the weight of an animal at time of slaughter modifies sale price of meat, so sheep are probably optimal if you want to run a restaurant because they sell for almost as much as beef but breed faster. I have no info for optimal egg or milk output, so just go with whatever had the most breed power.
Sometimes I see bones on my ranch, but I don't think any animals are dying, it's just a junk item that gets produced.
>>
>>17586462
What's their viability for mid and late game? I started my putit farm early on the game and now after couple of years I barely visit the ranch anymore. I started making some imp, faeries, and fire crab ranches going. Any other suggestions?
>>
>>17586495
Endgame ranches are a decent source of elemental resistances for yourself but mostly for pets as there is a random dream event which reduces any extra resists you have acquired from eating. This dream is about as rare as any other dream however so you can usually get more resistances than you lose but it can be frustrating when it happens multiple times in a single night.

Pets are not subject to this event though so they will keep any resistances gained.
>>
>>17586349
Hey, there is nothing wrong with snails.
>>
>>17586349
>Being this afraid of the mighty elea penis
This is envy, right?
>>
>>17587381
Elves have penises?
>>
>>17587502
No they have tentacles.
Thread posts: 543
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.