[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Saya no Uta

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: saya-no-uta41.jpg (195KB, 1600x955px) Image search: [Google]
saya-no-uta41.jpg
195KB, 1600x955px
I know this visual novel is old, but I just decided to read through it. I have so many questions now, mostly regarding the "good" ending, and was wondering what you guys thought about it. Will the newly transformed human race be the same as Saya intelligence wise? Saya had to learn everything, but why was that exactly? Will they see Fuminori as a threat if he doesn't also transform into the creature that Saya is/was? I'm not looking for clear cut answers, since I know there aren't any, just curious about what you guys thought. not even sure if this is the right board
>>
>>17553514
I always assumed Saya's effect on the human race pretty much guaranteed that they'd be wiped out (Fuminori included)
Remember what happened to Yoh? This would happen to everyone else; they'd go through hours of a painful transformation and probably die from the stress of it (even though Yoh lived, but she was barely functional)
>>
>>17553610
I thought Yoh only went through that because Saya wasn't experienced enough yet, and I figured eating her last meal changed her somehow. It seems dumb that they would become husks, especially since Saya's goal was to create more of her species, ones intelligent enough to do the same thing she did to other world's.
>>
Saya's species seek out intelligent life to transform them into their species, but the main question is how much do the transformed humans retain of their previous brain? Say says that she and Fuminori are basically having children, so do the new creatures have a completely different personality as if they've been reborn?
>>
The impression I got was that the creatures keep their intelligence but lose their humanity. At that point their only goal is to find a way to a new world (probably through some mysterious cosmic influence rather than actually shipping out, as civilization/industry no longer exists), and once there they'd be able to try to adapt and learn the culture of the new world, do their best to fit in and find someone willing to bang a blob.
>>
>>17553702
I took it as it doesn't work without the pregnancy. While Saya can turn you into one of her own whenever she wanted, she can't do it smoothly without the bloom.
>>
>>17553753
I'd actually never considered it that way until now. I'd assumed that she was just a flat out biological weapon. Some advanced alien race fighting an interstellar war against another sends one of her out to gather DNA to understand the native population, then die creating a virus that wipes out the inhabitants but still leaves the planet viable for other life. Her pod just missed its intended target and landed on Earth.
Because really, if it was actually her specie's spaceship why would she land on the planet as a baby, alone? Superman was an emergency, if this was just how her species reproduced you'd think they'd send a parent with her or a robot or something. Or at least send a small child. And that's ignoring the question of how they advanced to the point of discovering space travel if their only way of reproducing is altering all other life and committing suicide.

To answer OP's question: Saya specifically wasn't concerned about making copies of herself. She just wanted the world to be beautiful for Fuminori. So she probably just made humans look as ugly as her without giving them her powers. After all, if they had her powers, they could turn each other back into humans, thus negating the purpose of Saya's sacrifice.
>>
>>17554735
>>17553753
>how much do the transformed humans retain of their previous brain?
you need to take in consideration that SnU is somehow related to cthulu mythos and that kind of stuff aren't exactly compatible with human mind but again the sole fact that saya was able to think like human could became an important factor in the final result of the spawn, also isn't exactly clear how but that species have methods for interdimentional voyages (at least it's minds) so maybe, MAYBE that shoggoth-esque/human hybrid could create they own brand of biothecnology for a (even more) succesfull way of space colonization
>>
>>17554735
>>17554996
Don't her species wait for someone to open a portal of some sort for them to go through it? That's how they test if a species is intelligent or not, they go to them via a portal to another dimension the intelligent species creates.
>>
>>17553514
changing the subject a little... what do you guys think about the soundtrack? The main theme still give me chills to this very day
>>
>>17555099
The BGM is excellent but so are the vocal themes, especially Shoes of Glass.
>>
The OST is great at presenting the tone
>>
If I were him I would of just kept a blindfold on at all times. But sadly I think after his first time seeing the world like that he was scarred for good.
>>
Good end was killing saya though, it should of had the sensi sex scene too
>>
>>17555781
That was the most sad ending out of them all.
>>
>>17555738
everything he perceived was fucked though, not just sight
>>
>>17556003
Only his other senses were assaulted once he regained sight, if he would of stayed blind forever everything would of been fine.
>>
La la la la...
>>
>>17553514
Did you think it warrants the hype it gets?
>>
>>17562146
The writing falters at times, but overall I think so.
>>
>>17555781
that was your typical lovecraft ending, survivors gone nuts for the rest of his lives
>>
>>17553514
Saya is really good to play on drugs. Since it's quite short too. I recommend trying it on every kind of drug. I think I tried to kill myself afterwards at least once or twice.
>>
>>17553514
None of that matters because Fuminori will never smile again.
>>
>>17565744
get help anon
>>
>>17565760
I did. It took 2 years and 30 inpatient psych ward visits but I stopped doing drugs and attempting suicide. Now I ride motorcycles.
>>
File: 108125760.jpg (36KB, 612x408px) Image search: [Google]
108125760.jpg
36KB, 612x408px
https://youtu.be/NY1YMua3JkI
This track always stood out for me
>>
>>17565877
Sin is better.
>>
I loved it.

>>17555099
Tracks like "Sin" and "Schizophrenia" give me a minor stomach flip. The whole OST is so unique for some reason.

P. S. I cried. A little. Fuck off.
>>
File: joshO.jpg (42KB, 519x596px) Image search: [Google]
joshO.jpg
42KB, 519x596px
>see this thread
>think about Saya no Uta for the first time in quite a few years
>go to see if there's an English page on Wikipedia for fun
>there is
>Characters
>Fuminori Sakisaka (匂坂 郁紀 Sakisaka Fuminori)
>...In the American comic book release, he is known as Josh.
Which one of you did this?
>>
>>17562146
It is easily one of the top three visual novels EOPs can read. You can't put it down, it sits with you for years after you read it, and it's fucking metal too. By the metric of how good it is to how long it is, it's one of the best books ever written.

>>17555099
I love every song. It feels like my favorite changes every couple months. Sin is probably the best overall, but when I think of Saya no Uta, I think of Sabbath.
>>
>>17562146
As a huge fan of Lovecraftian horror, cosmic horror, and 'weird fiction' genre stuff, it is absolutely worth the hype and right up there with some of the best literature in the genre, despite the flaws it does have.
>>
>>17562146
Since my first time struggling through the Japanese 15 years ago, it stuck in my memory.
I came back to it a few months ago in English, and it's still entirely worthy of the praise.
Urobuchi, to me, seems to be the kind of writer who does something spectacularly well, or completely flops. Very little middle ground.
Lovecraftian is a word often used to describe it that I can agree with, but I'll go one further and suggest that it has vibes similar to some of H.G. Well's short stories.
It's really delightful. It easily makes top 5 on my VNs.
>>
File: 1503783640541.png (312KB, 712x678px) Image search: [Google]
1503783640541.png
312KB, 712x678px
>>17567158
Dafuq is dis?
>>
>>17562146
Sure is. Try to get through it one sitting. Preferably in the evening/late-night under some warm blankets; makes for a good atmosphere to match the story.
>>
>>17555781
It's my favorite ending, but it wasn't exactly good for any of the characters. I just really love the unexpected change in point of view and eldritch-hunting showdown.. Also, the implication that Fuminori's love for Saya is very skin-deep, and born more out of the contrast between her and the flesh-world he constantly sees.
>>
File: song-of-saya-comic-1.jpg (124KB, 550x858px) Image search: [Google]
song-of-saya-comic-1.jpg
124KB, 550x858px
>>17567158
look at his fuckng face
>>
>>17578174
It's always implied that he loves Saya only because she's the only thing that's not hideous to look at.
>>
>>17578191
i feel like this is clear to the reader and to the other characters who grasp what's going on, yet he himself deludes himself into thinking it's a deep love of her entire nature rather than shallow sexual/visual appeal
>>
>>17578191
It's always there, but that scene before the break-in where Saya starts to confront him on it drives it home. That might happen on a different path, though; it has been quite a while since I last played the game.
>>
>>17578174
>>17578191
>>17578200
>>17578201
I don't think he necessarily only loves Saya for her appearance. Her being the only beautiful thing in a disgusting eldritch world is definitely the reason he loves her, though you can hardly blame him.

I'd say he comes to love Saya herself over time, but that love is conditional on her looking the way she does. The ending where Fuminori chooses to go back to normal exemplifies it most clearly really. Saya knows very well that he'll never accept her if he can see her the way she really looks. .
>>
>>17565757
Good. As much as he suffers he was ultimately a piece of shit.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.