[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Forbidden Scrollery ending

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 13

File: img000016.png (2MB, 1114x1600px) Image search: [Google]
img000016.png
2MB, 1114x1600px
Last chapter of Forbidden Scrollery has been out for a bit now, just letting anyone that's been living under too many pee bottles know.

Yukari has finally solved all "Fortune Teller did nothing wrong" arguments forever.
>>
Before any discussion begins, I'd like to point our that our guy FT was already dead. He killed himself. Make sure to consider that in your arguments.
And take it easy you know!
>>
WORDSWORDSWORDS

Guest writer Tim Buckley?
>>
File: murder.png (3MB, 1424x1892px) Image search: [Google]
murder.png
3MB, 1424x1892px
>>17526636
>I'd like to point our that our guy FT was already dead.
That is what you'd like us to believe,
>>
Kosuzu playable character when?
>>
File: 165989897.png (148KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
165989897.png
148KB, 500x500px
>>17526652
>>
>>17526727
stage 1 boss at best
>>
File: 18.jpg (533KB, 990x1440px) Image search: [Google]
18.jpg
533KB, 990x1440px
>>17526766
she had a red-hot go at it in chapter 22
>>
>>17526766
It will be some time till then anyway, but Stage 1 boss would be amazing anyway. How cool would it be, 6 years from now, to go through the routine of downloading the trial, having nearly or completely forgotten about Kosuzu and then, bam, there she is.

Though I don't think it unlikely of her to be a playable character either. Cirno exists. So all it takes is for her to stumble upon a book that gives her the power to fight alongside Reimu and Marisa. Even if temporarily.
>>
>>17526727
>>17526766
Reimu herself is going to teach her danmaku, Kosuzu will soon be Marisa tier of powerful
>>
I liked how FS turned out. Not my favorite, but it doesn't matter.
>>
>>17526891
Lewd. But I approve.
>>
>>17526636
Yeah, all Reimu did was remove a dude who killed himself already. Not that it matter at all because ministry of right and wrong would be after him anyway considering there are shinigamis charged with taking expired souls.
>>
File: Fortune Teller and his book.jpg (915KB, 851x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Fortune Teller and his book.jpg
915KB, 851x1200px
How would a redemption story go?
>>
>>17527366
Four kanji after 東方? That's not the touhou I know!
>>
>>17527366
Maybe we should give the dude a name instead of just calling him "Fortune Teller". It must make him sad.
>>
>>17526782
I'm glad Kosuzu didn't get banged by the fat ugly man.
>>
>>17532207
Give it a couple Comikets...
>>
>>17524229
But Yukari doesn't say anything we didn't already know. Fortune teller still had a great plan and decent execution and only failed because he exists as livestock in a shitty ass dystopia.

>>17527366
Full game with unrelated incident and Reimu, Marisa and Kasen as playable characters. But when you go to the extra stage, you find yourself playing their respective victims (fortune teller, kutsutsura and thunder lizard) instead, and defeat your murderer in a fair danmaku fight to establish your place in the world.
>>
>>17526727
we will see her in some spin-off game for sure.
>>
>>17527366
The Fortune Teller ran off, and now... the Fortune Teller
https://soundcloud.com/robert-newbegin/cheetah-men-2-touhou-soundfont
>>
If you think about it, the state of humans in Gensokyo is really a unilaterally imposed disgusting jail that has everyone stick in a garbage state of life from 300 years ago and Reimu is a complicit despot. If she cared about people at all she'd remove Yukari and break everyone out. But of course, having cozy tea with her buddies and playing danmaku is so much more important.
Cunt.
>>
I can't help but feel that this whole thing would have gone over better if the last chapter wasn't translated so poorly.
>>
>>17532862
It's really sad, but blame Clarste.
>>
Don't tell me... Motoori Kosuzu will take the name HAKUREI Kosuzu and become the next miko?!
If we're talking about how oddly Yukari is protecting some human girl, maybe she's lining Kosuzu up as the successor? Reimu can't possibly stay alive forever.
>>
>>17532738
Take it easy my man. Tranquilo.
>>
>>17532537
There's already one by Satetsu
>>
>>17535225
>Reimu can't possibly stay alive forever
Kosuzu is probably the same age as Reimu though. Reimu isn't going to get killed by anything.
>>
>>17534187
You are scum.
>>
>>17532171
>Maybe we should give the dude a name instead of just calling him "Fortune Teller". It must make him sad.
>Maybe we should give the dudette a name instead of just calling her "Dai-Yousei/Ko-Akuma/Toki-Ko". It must make her sad.

>>17532603
Hopefully one of the picture taking games. Instead of taking pictures of danmaku, we try to get questionable pictures of her.
>>
>>17535338
You mean lewd pictures?
>>
>>17527491
Not to be that guy but
>東方求聞史紀
>東方求聞口授
>東方外來韋編
>東方文果真報
>>
>>17535338
Those "names" are cute while Fortune Teller isn't, that's the real issue!
We should call him Fortunny from now on.
>>
>>17527366
it would come in two parts
>>
>>17524229
Yukari is a fucking hypocrite for scolding Reimu for killing potential threats to the balance, then turning around and placing spies in human homes.
This reeks of rushed and half-assed, like most of FS.
>>
>>17535813
Ah I guess when it comes to the non manga literature that's his format. Perfect for a male character like him.
>>
>>17524229
And there you have it, Reimu wasn't supposed to kill the Yooks the whole time.
>>
We've known it ended for along time now. I don't exactly know what there is left to discuss here.

People just want to keep arguing about Fortune Teller because you dicksuckers can't get over the fact that he was a retard who overtly broke the rules and was justly eliminated for it. So you want to debate your shitty one-off side character until the end of time. All you do is cry about Reimu in a series where the humans have plenty of access to information but don't seek it because all they care about is shit like mystery novels, sensationalist papers, and gossip.

You people made FS completely impossible to discuss in any regard on /jp/ because you have no reading comprehension and think your stupid side character who acted like an idiot is some kind of tragic martyr when he had plenty of resources to make himself a better, stronger person without overtly breaking Gensokyo's code

The only good human characters were the hungry guy in WaHH and Druggie-kun

Now fuck off.
>>
>>17535327
Fuck off Clarste.
>>
>>17540725
anybody with $25 and a rudimentary knowledge of japanese can do what clarste does, and it's honestly fucking sad that the entirety of the touhou fandom (which apparently include people who spend thousands of dollars flying to japan to buy infinity touhou doujin music?) relies entirely on a single translator
>>
>>17540715
Fortune teller took the easiest and stupidest way to leaving humanity, by killing himself to come back as a youkai, rather than just fucking off as a magician or becoming a hermit, or even just ending up as a youkai as not a villager and as something else.

On top of that, he then did basically everything possible to get on reimus shitlist, eliminating any chance he may have had of bargaining his way out of his situation.

Really, he's nowhere near the "symbol of a corrupt order" that idiots make him out to be. He' a fuckwit who took the easy and stupid way out and still managed to fuck it up.

Also I love how everyone going on about "race traitor miko" oh so conveniently forgets that gensokyo is still a pretty decent place to live- village is small city / large town sized, its a friendly place, they've got medical care, they've got spellcard rules to protect them so they arent in real danger, they've stil got some tech, and as its town / city sized its enough that you can do what you want to do, its nowhere near "everyone eat shit and has to spend all day every day farming." If you were the sort of person who'd want a nice quiet life in the country, the village is pretty much perfect for that.
>>
>>17540771
And then turns on him when they don't get the free shit they think they're entitled to. Even if I had that basic ability to not have translations be utter crap I wouldn't want to do it if it entailed people flipping their collective shit and demonizing me if I ever stopped.
>>
>>17540715
Hungry-kun was one trips-over-a-girl away from raping someone, he was menace
>>
>>17542218
He was just hungry, dude.
>>
>>17524229
So what happens if a Human (Outsider) actively hunts Youkai for the sole purpose of devouring them? Does Reimu go kick their shit in or do the Youkai try to gang up on that one Human?

I want to put holy water on some silver bullets to kill a Youkai and eat some Youkai burgers.
>>
>>17543767
What I want to see is some monster hunter ending up in Gensokyo. Demon-slaying heroes have faded into myth too, right?
>>
File: surviving the night.png (318KB, 1430x788px) Image search: [Google]
surviving the night.png
318KB, 1430x788px
>>17543767
I sure want some youkai/beast stakes on a sliced loaf of bread.
>or do the Youkai try to gang up on that one Human?
It probably going to be like the game Darkwood. Better barracade those windows before nightfall comes and turn on the generator/lantern(s) before dusk. Hiding in the shadows won't do you no good. They're coming either way. There are no spellcard rules in the area where you are in.
>>
>>17543843
>It probably going to be like the game Darkwood. Better barracade those windows before nightfall comes and turn on the generator/lantern(s) before dusk. Hiding in the shadows won't do you no good. They're coming either way. There are no spellcard rules in the area where you are in.
>There are no spellcard rules in the area where you are in.
That is what makes it fun. I also wonder if someone like Reimu or someone else would investigate the sound of mortars going off and illuminating flares lighting up the night sky + hearing the sound of gun fire.
>>
>>17543767
Every Youkai death we've seen on screen has involved their physical form disintegrating into thin air. It's likely that Youkai don't have enough physical substance to actually consume.
Food for thought.
>>
File: 1431429372662.jpg (146KB, 513x486px) Image search: [Google]
1431429372662.jpg
146KB, 513x486px
>>17543870
>Food for thought.
I see what you did there.
>>
>>17543870
If it can eat a human, it can be eaten by a human. Otherwise, where in the fuck does the human meat go?
>>
>>17543869
Everyone's face when hearing screams/howls and gun fire one night in the spellcard free zone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfngxdY_HKY
>>
>>17543917
>Eveyone's face when hearing about an Outsider who survived the nights fighting off the Youkai solo and with mysterious weaponry from the Outside World.
>>
File: IMG_0053.jpg (555KB, 1012x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0053.jpg
555KB, 1012x1440px
>>17543893
It's magic
>>
>>17543843
Thank you for telling me about this game, anon.
>>
>>17544305
>>17543917
>>17543843
I think an important factor we are leaving out when dealing with Youkai is that a vast majority of Youkai are not Yukari or even Wriggle tier, and that they are basically creatures acting on feral instinct. If the Youkai were intelligent like a Tengu they would be even harder to kill/deal with and Youkai have a strong tendency to get the people of the Orient with their trick than they do Occidents due to the culture gap.
>>
File: suika LHPi4wu.jpg (86KB, 1143x773px) Image search: [Google]
suika LHPi4wu.jpg
86KB, 1143x773px
>>17540799
Yeah, honestly all i can see the FT is a fucking idiot that did not think about everything that he should have.

Not really related, but is Patchouli's library open for public use?
Can you just go there and read shit?
>>
Why didn't the Fortune Teller just put his soul into a book then store it in Patchouli's library.

Then he'll be an eternal lich who would just regenerate upon Reimu "killing" him?
>>
>>17549951
The last time I went there the books started shooting at me.
>>
>>17524229
>Last chapter of Forbidden Scrollery has been out for a bit now
tfw stuck in chapter 3
>>
>>17551682
implying he even knew who patchouli was or that there was a mansion in the middle of a lake

spirit hax would just beat his resurrection because reasons anyway
>>
>>17549951
IIRC some magic books cant be read without magic, but patchy doesnt seem the sort of person who'd throw books away so there's probably some youv could understand basic wise still around. Beyond that, it's just a matter of getting yourself if- if you've got some knowledge yourself you could probably trade that for being allowed to study / getting help with that, and you could probably get into the mansion itself by making a contribution to it's..reserves.
>>
>>17556092
>>17549951
Didn't Patchouli get Sakuya to buy outside world books and magazines from Rinnosuke during SSiB so they could read about rockets? I doubt the great library ONLY has magic books, anyway.
>>
>>17557540
True, but why would you want access to patchys library if you didnt want to start learning the magics.

You still might need something to barter with though.
>>
>>17557779
Access to Patchy. Didn't there used to be famous copypasta about anon living out his short human life carrying around her stacks of books and hoping that someday it would become more?
>>
>>17543917
They look like they're suffering the after effects of radiation exposure/chemo
>>
>>17543917
>>17543843
>When things get bad during the gun fight, if you learned how to fly you can just fly away from the fight.
>>
>>17543817
>> Hi there, human. Say, do you know how steel tastes?
Quoth Sakuya.
>>
>>17544635
>Youkai have a strong tendency to get the people of the Orient with their trick than they do Occidents due to the culture gap.

what
>>
File: felyneshrug.jpg (38KB, 416x385px) Image search: [Google]
felyneshrug.jpg
38KB, 416x385px
>>17562622
Joke's on you, we're just gonna cart him off and nurse him back to health.
>>
what the fuck is this stupid self-insert fanfiction bullshit
>>
This is a reminder that Gensokyo's youkai are weak to spiritual and conceptual attacks, and not to any particular physical weapons. So bring all the ridiculous guns you want, it's not going to help unless you have one with a legend behind it.
>>
>>17568090
Just say a prayer and then shoot them.
>>
>>17568090
>>17568116
For god and country I'll end your life.
>>
>>17568090
If a bullet is blessed by a priest and shot at a youkai does the bullet not count as a spiritual attack? See: >>17568116
>>
Conclusion: Kosuzu is cutesuzu.
>>
>>17568116
Crazy enough to work.
>>
>>17540799
>lso I love how everyone going on about "race traitor miko" oh so conveniently forgets that gensokyo is still a pretty decent place to live
So is a Turkey farm. Turkeys find the farm a decent place to live 99% of the time. And then suddenly it isn't.
The single greatest issue with Gensokyo, is that we find out only after the fact that its very existence is for the benefit of Youkai, and that humans had NO say in the laws that Reimu follows. Reimu literally follow laws written by Youkai to benefit Youkai, her role is to serve Youkai. The same way a Turkey farmer serve the slaughter house. The turkey farmer takes care of turkeys, but never mstaken the farmer for being a benefactor.

The lie from the beginning was that Gensokyo was where humans and Youkai work together as equals. Reimu being human was part of that lie. The reality is that a bunch of supernatural beings grab some humans and locked them in a prison. And then bred them to keep their numbers stable.
>>
>>17575866
How is she a traitor if she was born into this order?
>>
>>17575951
>How is she a traitor if she was born into this order?
She is a traitor for knowing why the human village exist, but keeping the deception that she watches out for human interests. And as I say, also for serving Youkai laws above human laws.
>>
>>17576035
>>17575951
Also, she is a traitor because knows humans are better off without Youkai, that the very existence of Gensokyo makes the humans in the village worse off. And her aim of killing someone who found a way to turn into Youkai, is to stop humans from finding out it is a good thing for them. And it was all "for Gensokyo", much like saying she is doing it "for the good of the Concentration Camp".
>>
>>17575866
And other problem with the "human and youkai works together" is that never show the live perspective of the humans, FS failed much only focused in Suzu and her friends and no in show us the scenary and the people that live in that scenary, the human village, how works, how is the hierachy of the same, and how the people live day to day and what's everyone thinks with their rutines, how FS exhibits the humans, all of them are no more than replaceable dolls that fulfill a single function, maintain living the youkais and gives faith to the gods, and the only human who showed some discussion about what a human can aspire although out of an absurd and stupid form, is the Fortune Teller, but Reimu moralfags always have to seeing as a bad thing, "a pig escaped from the corral, so it's necessary have to kill him to give the message"

I'm not justified the FT actions, but his case is always a good example of how live in Gensokyo being a human is fucking limited.
>>
>>17576154
Fortune Teller (human) was already dead. He killed himself. What Reimu exterminated was a youkai born from Fortune Teller's negative emotions - that is to say, a rogue youkai, who not only caused a huge scene in the Human Village (already against the rules), but also harmed a villager who also happened to be Reimu's friend.

In point of fact, if anyone in FS was a race traitor, it was the Fortune Teller.
>>
>>17576053
>>17576035
Again, she was born into that order and into the line of duty. The only way Reimu could be a traitor is if she were to betray this order. Or, if you prefer, Reimu was never on humanity's side. She has always been Gensokyo's guardian. This is her default state. So far, Reimu has betrayed nobody.
>>
>>17576154
>>17576053
First of all, we have been shown time and time again the people of the Human Village just don't give a toss. This is something that is bemoaned by Akyuu and Keine in the written works on numerous occasions. They're wilfully ignorant, and they like it this way.

Second of all, as we have been shown time and time again, Gensokyo itself is full of gormless and ignorant youkai who, if not for Gensokyo's natural attraction, would have disappeared a long time ago. There are youkai inside Gensokyo who don't even care about doing youkai-like things to prolong their existence, and are perfectly content just doing sod all as long as Gensokyo's reverse-Geller field sustains them. Yukari knows youkai are retarded and lack for self-preservation instincts, and this is why Gensokyo is set up this way.

By your logic, those very youkai are as much prisoners in Gensokyo as the humans in he village are. And by your logic, you would be right on both counts - both humans and youkai in Gensokyo are indeed governed by a collective of youkai, deities and one human shrine maiden, who work their best to preserve status quo for the benefit of their "prisoners."
>>
>>17532738
>the past was an unbearable hellhole compared to the present
nice bait Hegel, but everybody knows the human village is a traditionalist paradise
>>
>>17576342
>Or, if you prefer, Reimu was never on humanity's side.
That is my point from the beginning.
However, it never changed that she being human is what maintained the ilusion that the prisoners are not imprissoned.
>>17576374
>First of all, we have been shown time and time again the people of the Human Village just don't give a toss
Are we sure it isn't because the only humans who know are either killed or refused to fight against their monstrous jailers including Reimu?
>>
>>17576672
Read the print works, you god damn secondary
>>
>>17524229
lol no
>>
>>17576762
>Read the print works, you god damn secondary
As soon as you find me the book that tells us that the humans had any say in the laws that Reimu follows.

Because right now it seems Youkai are the ones who wrote the laws.
>>
>>17577185
>right now it seems Youkai are the ones who wrote the laws
Read Perfect Memento.
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.