[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

What XIX-XX authors wrote in spoken Japanese (not Kobun)?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: kokoro.jpg (50KB, 333x475px) Image search: [Google]
kokoro.jpg
50KB, 333x475px
And do translations of the ones initially written in Kobun into modern Japanese even exist? Or do Japanese students read them all in classical Japanese?
>>
>>17492732
/jp/ is a slow board. Do not bump.
>>
>>17492738
Sorry, I'm completely new to this board.
>>
>>17492716
As you said you are new to this board, let me be the first to tell you that this is otaku culture and not japanese culture board. You can better find help in boards such as /lit/, or the many /djt/ scattered all across 4chan. You will most likely not get answers here, as many are talking about touhou and other otaku culture topics here.
Don't forget to sage when replying and take it easy you know.
>>
>>17493251
/lit/ couldn't answer my question.
>>
>>17493251
Reading novels written in moonrunes is otaku.
>>
>>17492716
I didn't find kokoro that hard to read without any help beforehand. I'm sure I'm missing out on a lot, but I'm still learning. I can't really answer your question though.
>>
>>17497181
How long have you been learning Japanese for?
>>
I hope McClellan's translation is is good. It's about time I read this novel.
>>
>>17492716
Anon, you're confused. 古文 is Chinese, not Japanese, which was used like Euros use Latin mainly in private letters and academic or religious writing. Where they're the primary documents, glosses are given, just like they were always given in the form of Kanbun.
By the mid-XIX, even political documents like Sakamoto Ryoma's pamphlets or the Meiji Constitution were written in their authors' spoken Japanese.

If you're thinking 古典語 and just used the wrong word, the changeover was during the Meiji period (so essentially ALL XX writers unless being deliberately archaic) due to increased freedom of movement and a deliberate standardization campaign taking the most useful features of dialects while suppressing the rest. For these, translations are neither supplied nor necessary; it's at worst like trying to read Shakespeare or Robert Burns.

If you mean specifically postwar reformed orthography, that's a mix where it's rare for a volume to ship completely untouched OR completely modernized, and is based as much on which characters exist in the publisher's standard typeface (meaning replacements also happened in prewar editions) as conscious decision.

An exception to all of these is that books printed for use in public schools are expected to adopt postwar simplified kanji; however, this does not apply to modern grammar or other orthography, just the choice of kanji.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.