[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Touhou Background animations

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: stage06c.png (343KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
stage06c.png
343KB, 512x512px
Where do you guys get those background loops, I've seen pages where you can get sprites and stuff, but what about the animation of the spellcard background or stage?
>>
File: cdbg06b.png (291KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
cdbg06b.png
291KB, 512x512px
like this thing keeps moving right and does not stop, an endless loop, but if I try to replicate it on photoshop, it just looks off
>>
selfish annoying bump
>>
File: 110_cardbg5-1_0.png (38KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
110_cardbg5-1_0.png
38KB, 256x256px
ZUN is a magician who somehow makes backgrounds look really cool with small filesize images. I guess it must just be part of unextractable (or at least hard to extract) game code.

For anyone who wants to see all the sprites/backgrounds, a helpful anon did these a while back https://warosu.org/jp/thread/S15788467
>>
>>17490602
I've got the still images, but I know from a Danmakufu creator that they're somewhere
He said that the page was taken down, I ask him if he could re-upload them, but I guess he didn't want to bc he never replied
>>
>>17487786
>>17487849
>>17490602
>>17490653
The background scripts are in the .std files, they're just another custom scripting format like the ecl files. You can't "get the animation", they just hold various instructions that tells the game engine to do the actual graphics work. Any replication is going to be fabricated from scratch in one way or another.
>>
>>17491615
Oh so I could theoretically make a danmakufu stage empty and just record it?
>>
>>17491657
...No? What? What do you think danmakufu is? I get the feeling you're like several layers of understanding behind what you're asking about.
>>
>>17491978
I mean, in Touhou there are some backgrounds I got by recording my screen, like before the spirits appear at the begining of stage 5, you can see the background clearly
That's what I meant
>>
>>17490602
You don't notice how low-resolution they are because they're always in motion, the ones used as textures on the 3D parts are getting resized and distorted, and the others are getting layered and blended on top of each other. Plus, y'know, the waves of brightly-colored bullets that you're busy dodging kind of obscure them.

>>17491657
>>17492066
I think I see what you're saying. If you're fine with mucking about in the game's data files and/or Cheat Engine, and you're patient enough, there are any number of ways you could remove the sprites and get the game to just render the background, then record it. Or if you were super motivated, you could write your own little DirectX sandbox to try and re-render them from scratch.
>>
>>17493390
I have little to no idea of how to do that
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.