[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Labyrinth of touhou

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 19

File: MaribelV2.png (715KB, 630x473px) Image search: [Google]
MaribelV2.png
715KB, 630x473px
Anyone else had fun with this game? or the sequel?
>>
I had fun with the second one a couple years ago.
>>
>>17484458
Will there ever be a third one, shit was great.
>>
>>17484999
LoT 2 Expansion just came out I think. Still needs to get patch up because of the bugs and the translation is still on going.

>>17484458
I liked them, though the last few floors in the main LoT game had terrible random enemies compared to most of the expansion.
>>
>>17485062
Where is the site for a translation progress?
>>
File: Utsuho_L.png (419KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Utsuho_L.png
419KB, 800x600px
>>17484458
I enjoyed both of them, especially the first game. I do wish the expansion content wasn't so obnoxiously grindy, though. I gave up on it pretty quickly.
>>
Does that artist draw for a lot of Touhou games?
>>
>>17485416
i think that's a portrait mod, the standard art has a lot more QUALITY
>>
>>17485416
that's definitely a portrait mod, those are the same models as tpdp. I think that artist has done a few games though, most notably TPDP and Touhou Rhythm Heaven
>>
File: decent party.jpg (257KB, 801x600px) Image search: [Google]
decent party.jpg
257KB, 801x600px
I started a NG+ play-through of the second recently to try out some characters I haven't used before. The Chireiden crew is a bit less disappointing than I thought they'd be.
>>
>>17485068
I use the shrinemaiden forums.

>>17485430
Its not really a mod, its a feature of the first game. You can drop in any portraits that have been set up correctly.
>>
File: Rin_L.png (263KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Rin_L.png
263KB, 800x600px
>>17485471
I never managed to find a use for Rin. Her consecutive attack ability would be amazing on most characters, but her attack power is so pitiable that she often inflicts zero damage to enemies even if she's buffed and exploiting an elemental weakness. She was a whole lot better in the first game.
>>
>>17485471
Doesnt starting NG+ have a bug regarding the post content big four bosses? unless i am confusing something else

something about having all characters make certain bosses not appear
>>
>>17485589
There's no problem if you start a NG+ normally in the plus disk, but if you're using an altered save that unlocks all the characters from the start (you have to do this to start with the plus disk characters), achievements 97 and 98 will be unlocked and the 3 deformed bosses you have to defeat to unlock Renko will not appear. The four super-bosses should be unaffected, though.
>>
FUCK Tenshi
>>
>>17484458
is that an orc in shadows?
>>
>>17485757
I hate that Tenshi acts more like a tank here. I was wishing she'd be more of a tanky bruiser like Mokou.
>>
>>17486046
Too bad Mokou is useless in LoT2 aside from her ability to resurrect.
>>
Actually just started LoT2 a few days ago, even though I didn't finish the original. Call me shallow, but I didn't want to play further because of the art.
I'm only at the 5th floor and having a decent time, though I wish I had more magic attackers. All I have right now are Marisa and Rumia, because I relegated Reimu and Keine to being supporters.
>>
>>17487258
I remember playing LoT2 and basically gave my best equipments on Mokou and gave her most of my gems due to favoritism. It still went out pretty fine.Surely I wasn't the only one who would do this for your favorite 2hu in the game right?
>>
>>17487258
I used Mokou in the endgame of base (I haven't started Plus Disk) and it went fine. Decent tanking stats, damage resistance from Fighting Spirit, 20% regen per turn and resurrect. Death resistance is a nice bonus,
>>
File: burn.jpg (458KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
burn.jpg
458KB, 600x800px
>>17487258
Her ability to resurrect is a pretty big deal, though. It means she can sit up front and take hits for the party without anyone needing to waste time healing or buffing her. She can also get some decent offensive or support options from her subclass, as her default spellcards are admittedly a bit lacking.

I wouldn't say she's one of the best characters in the game or anything, but she can be pretty useful.

>>17488047
I did the same for Utsuho, even though she's almost completely outclassed by Kaguya.
>>
>>17488130
>damage resistance from Fighting Spirit,
Last time I recall, isn't Fighting Spirit still bugged in that it still doesn't give you damage resistance? It still gives you the damage bonus though.
>>
>>17488170
I found her really useful for a couple bosses (like the three orbs on the purple darkness floors, where the last one one shots you), but as far as tanks on the left slot go, Hina was tanky while having super strong debuffs +hp/mana regen from self debuffs, and Meiling was able to deal decent defense-ignoring damage even while putting the majority of her stats into defence.

I should play the plus-disk sometime, even if I'll have to struggle to read the Japanese. Or just be lazy and wait for the translation.

>Utsuho
>Kaguya
Used Okuu all throughout my playthroughs, she was great for clearing trash mobs and her increasing damage (with increasing mana cost) worked against bosses since I gave her magician subclass. Reisen was great as a mage too. Now that you mention it though, probably should have tried playing around with Kaguya.

Also, mage Eirin with healing touch and Healer mastery is borderline broken. So much overhealing. Don't have to worry about a 80k HP Flan dying.

>>17488047
>favorite 2hu
I barely used Kogasa...
>>
>>17488047
My favorite 2hu is on the Plus Disk, which I don't have.
Not to mention the fact that she's only found close to the end of the bonus content anyway.
>>
>>17488047
Rinnosuke wasn't good at anything other than tanking even with every gem
>>
I really hope you guys took advantage of the counter poison ability of Wriggle.

By using that and all your money to turn Wriggle into a Buff as fuck tank you are guaranteed to roll through the entire game just with her alone.
>>
Currently waiting for a translation of the plus disk for LoT2 before diving back in.
>>
File: rpg.png (739KB, 797x600px) Image search: [Google]
rpg.png
739KB, 797x600px
>>17488698
To be fair, the game outright tells you that.
>>
>>17488939
keine looks like a goddess here,and she isnt even on my favorite list
>>
>>17489784
Right? I didn't even recognize her until I looked her up.
>>
File: LoT2 Parsee.png (111KB, 300x419px) Image search: [Google]
LoT2 Parsee.png
111KB, 300x419px
>>17489784
>>17490681
Probably some of the best portraits of any 2hu derivative work.
>>
File: Smug Satori.png (180KB, 360x600px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Satori.png
180KB, 360x600px
>>17490715
Agreed.
>>
File: 1491146484559.png (243KB, 505x600px) Image search: [Google]
1491146484559.png
243KB, 505x600px
>>17490715
No doubt.
>>
>want to replay 1
>remember the bullshit dead ends on several floors and the inability to reset your character setups
>want to replay 2
>remember the annoying fire floor degree puzzles

Fuck
>>
>>17488698
He's a pretty decent tank imo. A lot of his power is in his switch skill. Although debuff whenever he takes a turn is nice too.
>>
>>17491276
Just use the walkthrough. Had to use it anyways cause I can't read moonrunes and the translation wasn't out at the time. In retrospect it was probably better that way.
>>
After installing the latest few official games, LoT1 just won't start up anymore. Is there an outdated driver that it needs to run?
>>
>>17488698
He made shit drop faster, at least it's something.
>>
>>17491276
Don't forget the super amazing switch Puzzle in LoT 1 which spans 3 whole floors.
>>
They never made a patch to fix the fact that Shadow Kokoro has no art in battle.
>>
>>17492530
It supposedly isn't finished yet, hopefully one day we'll see B11F and 28-30F
>>
>>17491617
try running compatibility mode or installing the fonts,i got the first game from the shrine site
>>
why is Maribel summoning YHVH
>>
>>17493664
Why not?
>>
How am I supposed to beat up Alice at the recommended level?
I already have a flowchart as to how the start of the battle should go, but it's still way too luck-based for me.

Aya boosts Patchy's Speed for a slight delay, boosts Wriggle's speed for another small delay, then Patchy should be able to concentrate for that damage boost. Aya then uses the instant-move skill half a second after Patchy concentrates, then the latter blows up the entire doll wave with boosted Djinn Gust.
During this, Wriggle tries to inflict poison (the start of my terrible luck), while Chen switches Patchy and Aya out with her high speed. She should be able to use Kimo-boosted Phoenix Flight, which is an insta-kill on any magic type dolls (more luck reliance, because I have to hope Alice doesn't summon the physical dolls).
From there, it's a war of attrition which I always lose, because all of Alice's attacks hit the entire party and only Wriggle and Komachi can survive the doll onslaught.

I've been at it for a few hours now. Should I just give up and grind a bit to gain a level or two?
>>
>>17497708
I brought a tanky Hina for being too good in the game, Monk Youmu with debuff resistance, and Puncturing Thrust, dumped all of Momiji's points into her attack and gave her Instant Attack to clear those dolls using her AoE spellcard when I switch her in while also dealing decent damage against Alice and switch her out, Aya with nimble to give Youmu the speed she needs,Keine and Reimu for offensive and defensive buffs respectively and pray to RNG that Alice's speed and Magic keep going down and for her to not use her hard-hitting spells when I bring in Youmu. Also brought Chen for those buffed Phoenix Flights and instant Attack, Kasen can also do decent damage to Alice while also having a chance to paralyze her and Komachi for being a tank and another debuffer.
>>
>>17498006
Forgot to mention Mystia too with using buffed Midnight Chorus Masters and since it has a high damage multiplier, buffing her offensive stats will do wonders especially when she has Instant Attack to help her clear everything. Just switch her out asap since she'll probably die from random Alice bullshit.
>>
File: 1474625146778.gif (384KB, 370x501px) Image search: [Google]
1474625146778.gif
384KB, 370x501px
>>17498006
>I brought a tanky Hina
That was literally all I needed to do.
I went from dying every time to having absolute control over the fight and winning the first time with her.
I thought Reimu and Keine were mediocre, so I've been neglecting to use buffs and debuffs up to that point. I only used them with Aya Komachi when they had spare turns.
I guess I should've known better, coming from other games like MegaTen and Etrians.

Thanks, anon.
>>
>>17498006
>tanky Hina for being too good in the game
Is Hexer Hina the best character in the game?
>>
>>17498326
>Is Hexer Hina the best character in the game?
she's not nitori so no
>>
>>17499975
Double stat gain from items should have been nerfed a bit.
>>
>>17499989
And Diva Aya.
>>
I loved the game but I have a confession to make. I used cheat engine to manipulate my position to skip most of the fire puzzle floors.
>>
Which 2hu has the best set of Awakened skills in the plus disk?
>>
>>17500997
Probably Keine, but Merry has some good ones too, especially if you're using Renko. They both get strong support options, as well as strong power-ups for themselves.
>>
Biggest problem I have is all the defense and mnd that bosses and enemies get, feel that only thing you can use are characters that pierece defenses and if they don't have there value plummets.
>>
Can I ask where I can buy/find this game? I'm interested in playing it.
>>
>>17502889
I got my copy from the Moriya Shrine.
>>
>>17501811
Despite bosses having high health/defense/mind you can typically overcome that easily enough. Having properly stated characters (e.g. Nitori with tons of attack) along with attack buffs will still do plenty of damage to any boss not specifically designed to counter defense-targetting characters. In which case maybe you're intended to debuff them ahead of time or use characters who target mind instead.
>>
>>17503063
Going off of what he said, does Moriya have the Plus Disk?
>>
>>17509284
Doesn't look like it
>>
File: 1448413906121.gif (514KB, 221x231px) Image search: [Google]
1448413906121.gif
514KB, 221x231px
>>17484458
Can't get the game to work properly on WINE, the text is all rendered as blocks
>>
Zunart patch when?
>>
File: Marisa_L.png (384KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Marisa_L.png
384KB, 800x600px
>>17501811
That's one of the reasons that I ended up having more fun with the first game. Having astronomical defense scores is the most common boss gimmick in LoT2, and characters who don't have some way of dealing with that suffer quite a bit. Several characters simply aren't going to be able to deal damage even if they're buffed, the boss is debuffed, and they're targeting an elemental weakness. Kaguya, meanwhile, will easily shred everything without exception. It only adds insult to injury when characters like Marisa and Utsuho are stuck with some of the most commonly resisted elements, whereas Kaguya can frequently exploit weaknesses. Practically every boss in the game will shrug off a master spark.

There are certainly some sub-optimal characters in LoT1, but I found that all of them had something to contribute or had some niche they excelled in. Some characters in LoT2 seemed like total garbage no matter how much I coddled them.

>>17503679
Nitori is ridiculous enough that even bosses specifically designed to counter defense-targeting characters are likely to take heavy damage from her.
>>
>>17512940
Yeah, the fact that all of the important main story bosses and literally everything in postgame had such ridiculous defenses made using most bulky/fast attackers that couldn't ignore them a waste.
From what I've seen of plus disk dev learned from his mistakes, there's only a few bosses with both high def/mind and it's much more focused on interesting multi-enemy fights like Eientei team from the first game
>>
File: AAAAAAH.png (762KB, 642x577px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAH.png
762KB, 642x577px
>>17491276

>floor 19
>run back and forth constantly between orbs
>finally manage to open a passage to floor 20
>reach floor 20
>realize there's no checkpoint
>run low on TP and leave the dungeon
>have to start all over again
>mfw
>>
>>17500881
Almost everyone used cheat engine in the plus disc of the first game.
>>
>>17501811
This is why I make almost everyone a Gambler.
>>
>>17490780
Looks more like fucking Sachiko with that smug face.
>>
>>17515582
I didnt on one

did on two to get infinite resetting stones
>>
>>17512940
>Nitori is ridiculous enough

While I agree Nitori is beyond just good, there are plenty of other nukes in the game who can do very well for themselves. Obviously you have to play by the games rules though (unless you're Nitori) because picking nukers who target elements/stats that they are well-equipped against isn't going to go well.

You can pretty easily 1-shot Murakumo with Flandre so I think it goes beyond just Nitori.
>>
How to I stop Futo from healing to full constantly? Am I missing some special mechanic in the fight because I can't read nip?
>>
File: 1439524146868.jpg (87KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1439524146868.jpg
87KB, 1024x1024px
>>17512940
>blue eyes
>>
>>17490715
It's funny because the first game was the exact opposite. Says something whent the art is so bad they make a patch that allows you to change it for your own.
>>
3peso not willing to fix bugs, 30f never, 999f endless corridor never, can't even get awaken everyone but why would he care he sold the plus disc and won't make a penny from extra patches and I pirated the game so can't complain.

>>17527108
She's stacking plate when attacking and using some skills, if you hit her with a physical attack she will drop one. With enough plates she can use various abilities such as heal, buffs or strong spell.
>>
I had fun with the game AND the sequel...
>>
Bump for interest
>>
File: LABYRYNTHHANDOFF.png (402KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
LABYRYNTHHANDOFF.png
402KB, 640x480px
>>
File: 1501023959550.jpg (162KB, 1000x1424px) Image search: [Google]
1501023959550.jpg
162KB, 1000x1424px
which ost is best and why it is boss battle #2 special disk version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9kYRs7YgOQ
>>
What are Tokikos skills in LOT2?
>>
What exactly is Yuugi's use when Suika can do most of her shit better?
>>
File: suika stole the suika.jpg (955KB, 847x1200px) Image search: [Google]
suika stole the suika.jpg
955KB, 847x1200px
>>17538112
And she can do it cuter too.

I ended up using Suika as a main damage dealer ever since I got her in my playthrough. Having both wind and nature works well against most bosses.

Really makes Youmu look useless in comparison.
>>
>>17538080
https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Labyrinth_of_Touhou_2/Characters/Characters_7#Tokiko
She switches between supporting with her magic and reading passives and going for damage with her kick.

>>17538112
Yuugi got buffed by the plus disk to have a decent physical nuke, but without plus disk, there isn't much reason to use her, sadly.
>>
>>17537790
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__8Vmm0K2lM

I'm a sap for Sleepless Night, to be fair.
>>
>>17538112
in the plus disk knockout in three steps ignores 50% defense, plus Yuugi has physical bulk compared to Suika's magic bulk. Also Yuugi can apply Heavy to enemies.
>>
>>17484458
Anyone playing this on linux?

Wine turns English letters in English patch into squares for some reason.
Anyone had the same problem?
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.