[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Time to worship

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

File: larva.jpg (931KB, 1488x2105px) Image search: [Google]
larva.jpg
931KB, 1488x2105px
Time to worship
>>
>>17472066
She talks big as a god. Promising both wealth to the poor, and to rejuvenate the elderly back to their youths. Together she basically covers the majority of what normal people needed.
>>
>>17472066
Ugly. I only worship cute gods.
>>
>>17472066
SO that's why her theme is so powerful, damn ZUN
>>
>>17472066
Isn't this the proof that stage number means nothing in terms of power levels?
>>
Hello toxic waste accident Wriggle.
>>
>>17472066
Sorry I belong to Suwako-sama. And this >>17472099
>>
>>17472174
Wriggle is old and busted. Larva is the new hotness.
>>
File: a5ac4be2bfbcc2b5a33c369.jpg (259KB, 850x885px) Image search: [Google]
a5ac4be2bfbcc2b5a33c369.jpg
259KB, 850x885px
and Cirno beats a god what a strong fairy
>>
>>17472195
More like, A god disguised as a fairy beats a hidden god.
>>
>>17472217
More like an irrelevant god is reduced to a fairy and needs the strongest fairy to beat the strongest god
>>
>>17472330
>More like an irrelevant god is reduced to a fairy and needs the strongest fairy to beat the strongest god
Well we don't know how much of real life lore matches Gensokyo's.
Nihon Shoki, the 2nd oldest Japanese historical document, had this to say...
Eternity worshippers party, throw away their savings, and in general become unproductive members of society. Also, of course, none of them gained wealth or had their ageing reversed.

Orika basically staged a witch hunt and exterminated the religion, when it finally reached Japan's Capital.

If this happened in Gensokyo's universe, it makes perfect sense that Eternity would hold a grudge.

But still, it also put Eternity in a not-so-nice light. Because she is allegedly a god that promised a lot but didn't deliver. Then again, you can argue that this is propaganda left behind by the victors. The event happened so long ago that we would never know how much of it is true.
>>
>>17472066
literally who
>>
>>17472410
>literally who
A god from a religion that we only had a record of in a really old scroll. A variation of Taoism, worshipping a specific type of caterpillar. The religion was declared a cult and destroyed. But it seems the goddess appeared in Gensokyo and plotted revenge on Okita, the one person who orchestrated the destruction of her followers.
>>
>>17472430
Okina, I mean.
>>
>>17472165
Been pretty much the case since Yuyuko showed up in stage 1
>>
>>17472536
Personally, I'd say it's ever since SA. Unless you want to tell me that Yuugi is weaker than Orin that is.
>>
>>17472580
Did you mean PCB? Cause last I checked Letty was way more powerful than a bunch of talentless ghost musicians.
>>
>>17472580
Or that Koishi is stronger than Okuu.
>>
i worship her ass
>>
>>17472165
Yuugi's sake NOT EVEN DROP
>>
>>17472066
I don't worship onaholes.

Is she a fairy or a youkai?
>>
>>17472761
Extra is not stage 7.
>>
>>17480663
If even her enemy call her a god, then she is a god.
>>
>>17472604
Really? I can see Letty being stronger than one or two talentless ghost musicians.. but I think a full trio of deceased instrumentalists would trump a winter spirit any day.
>>
File: Th15StageExTitle.jpg (27KB, 390x129px) Image search: [Google]
Th15StageExTitle.jpg
27KB, 390x129px
>>17484868
>>
>>17472066
sorry, I already worship cirno[(spoiler] the aki sisters
>>
>>17487439
and for some reasons I blew up the spoiler
>>
>>17484882
shinto gods are one side of a coin when the other are youkais
>>
>>17487454
>shinto gods are one side of a coin when the other are youkais
Eternity is technically a Taoist god.
>>
>>17472580
I am not compelled to count Yuugi as she was explicitly holding back, with a huge handicap the whole time. But yes, she's tuff
>>
>>17472165
Being good at danmaku is not the same thing as being generally powerful, but there is a correlation.
>>17472604
Letty is only final boss-tier in the winter. During spring when PCB takes place, she's first boss-tier.
>>
>>17472536
yuyko only was final boss because saigyou ayakashi
>>
>>17472430
Nice fanfiction.
>>
>>17489270
>Nice fanfiction.
I have no ideqa what you are talking about, I am just reading out what little info that existed about the Eternal Night Cult.
>>
Best music zun ever made
>>
>>17472403
So Etarnity is the god of NEETs?
>>
>>17491560
>So Etarnity is the god of NEETs?
Hermits are NEETs. Hermits are mostly Taoists. Eternity is a Taoist deity. So I guess the answer is yes, sort of?
>>
Is it just me or does her theme sound the same as Doremy's?
>>
>>17489270
>this is what (((primaries))) believe in
sure, go suck remilia and flan dick harder, Mr.Primary-san-dono-sama
>>
>>17492174
They both have dream in the title
I'm not getting anything else
>>
>>17492174
They're quite similar but Eternity's is more refined and technically detailed, Doremy's is very catchy but is a very simple repeat of the same melody with different instruments. It makes me wonder if the dream in "Midsummer Fairy's Dream" isn't just for the Shakespeare namesake and Eternity will actually have a major relationship with dreams in the canon. Okina's theme also has a strong resemblance to Necrofantasia probably to indicate her relationship with Yukari.
>>
>>17472165
Letty is also a very strong youkai but didn't give a fuck during PCB
>>
>>17472066
So, she's a fairy that happens to also be a goddess?
>>
>>17493193
>So, she's a fairy that happens to also be a goddess?
She had always been a Taoist Goddess. But her traits are similar enough to be mistaken for a fairy.

It is interesting that Western analysis of this cult had determined that if the records are true, Eternity as a religion lasted all of four months before being broken up by Buddhist leaders. But it was significant enough to survive in official records. The act of destroying the cult caused massive political tensions, as the Buddhism were recently imported from China and are considered foreign influence.

Have a read, I am glad someone on the touhou wiki found an English article on this obscure god:
https://academic.oup.com/ae/article-lookup/doi/10.1093/ae/60.3.182
>>
>>17493214
She did specifically claim to be a fairy though, so it's at minimum impersonation rather than mistaken identity.
>>
>>17493193
Fairy that was worshipped as a god or came about from the bugs that were worshipped.
>>
>>17494980
It'll be funny if the fairies of light get converted from revolutionaries into outright cultists.
>>
>>17493193
>>17493214
>>17494425
We can't be sure.
She's either just a fairy and unexpected coincidences led Cirno to get the doyou and Okina to think Eternity is that goddess, or she's really said goddess pretending to be a fairy for the sake of sending Cirno against Okina.
Only ZUN knows, hopefully written works explain more about the matter.
>>
File: dude im a fairy eternity.jpg (476KB, 1928x1686px) Image search: [Google]
dude im a fairy eternity.jpg
476KB, 1928x1686px
>>17494425
>>
>>17495023
Maybe she's both? A former goddess who became a fairy because reasons?
>>
>>17495179
Let's go more tragic. A former goddess, who became so mentally deranged due to faith starvation and loneliness, she convinced herself she was a fairy all along. She spends her days in blissful abandon, playing around with other fairies and occasionally freezing up for a second in the midst of revelry as her bloody past flashes through her devastated mind. Then, the visions are gone, and Eternity goes on playing as though nothing had ever happened.

Or perhaps, to her mind, nothing had, anymore.
>>
>>17495197
Fuck off, Zounose
>>
>>17495336
Hey, at least my grimderp is consistent with existing backstories.
>>
>>17495197
She beat Okina, meaning she's probably more significant than such a background would imply. Her theme is definitely both very dark and very dramatic, however.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.