[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hikaru Utada

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (51KB, 815x542px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 815x542px
What was her appeal back in the time? These English lyrics are kinda annoying. Is 'First Love' her best album?
>>
easy breezy dude
>>
>cute as fuck
>good melody
>good production
>catchy hooks
>cultural fluidity
>otaku culture bump
Her only down fall was not being herself when she released U.S./Exclusively English albums.
People loved her Japanese songs because they were pop-y, and R&B elements. Then she let some random Hip Hop producers call the shots and it turned to shit.
>>
File: 1367453410.jpg (15KB, 569x600px) Image search: [Google]
1367453410.jpg
15KB, 569x600px
>>17371055
>What was her appeal back in the time?
It sound blatant, but... she speaks good English. That's about it.

No really, if you are Japanese and speak good English, everyone there will think of you as a god who writes the greatest songs, when in reality they're mediocre pop trash. You are 'that one cool girl who sings American'.

Sure, she had a ton of good producers and writers doing the work for her, but so do a lot of Japanese singers. It all comes down to her speaking English and entering the industry at the right time, when internet was becoming readily available in every kids room to build a name.

>tfw she married fucking Dr. Lorre
Good thing her kids will be rich as fuck, because they'll be hideous race-mix mongrels, unable to take part in society.
>>
>>17375668
The only album I own is ultra blue, I like it, but it wasn't what I expected. It was a little more low tempo than I imagined. Would you recommend an album, I want to get into her for all the reasons you listed.
>>
>>17375668
>>17375830
Also, the only fact I could add to this is that she provided the theme song for original kingdom hearts and its sequel, so there's a whole generation of kids that grew up idolizing her.
>>
File: boa-wall.jpg (276KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
boa-wall.jpg
276KB, 1024x768px
>>17375923
Well that goes without saying really. Same with BoA. She sang an ending for Inuyasha which kickstarted her career and kids treated her like a goddess until her loli charme wore off.

Early 2000s was like a gold mine for singers. Just land one hit for an anime and you're set for life.
>>
Does her surname mean "It's a song"?

Uta Da!
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.