[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is jpop from the mid-00s substantively different from jpop in 2017?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Is jpop from the mid-00s substantively different from jpop in 2017?
>>
>>17365563
I miss Nami Tamaki
>>
>>17365563
Well yes, of course?
>>
>>17365643
In what ways? What are the current trends?
>>
>>17365714
euro EDM
>>
>>17365563
Otsuka Ai just made a comeback, sounds much the same as she always did, and it's actually doing really well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TfvT0lzgFA

I like it a lot. It triggers my nostalgia while being new.
>>
>>17365827
the va of the mc from cardcaptor sakura quitting the industry, having a family, then coming back 20 years later and sounding exactly the same threw me for a loop.
>>
Jpop from early-mid 00s looked like grannies
>>
jpoop just like kpoop is always the same
it`s shit in the first place, and then there is the fact it`s being produced by soulless asian slopes to boot!
>>
Download them and find out yourself, pleb.
http://www.iswind.com/download/zATYyEmM/
>>
>>17365563
yeah about 17 years different
>>
I love old shitty jpop
>>
File: Unknown-3.jpg (157KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown-3.jpg
157KB, 1080x1080px
>>17368961
>produced by soulless asian slopes
Kpop is actually among the best produced music in the world. It may not be your taste and it may be meaningless doodle, but they put insane amounts of production work in those tracks to make them sound like they do.
>>
>>17382393
There's something about how manufactured Kpop is that's really offputting. They manage to outdo Amerifats in trashy fakeness. Also have never met a fan that isn't an unstable spastic mess.
>>
>>17382408
Kpop is a literal psy-op. State subsidized entertainment firms which maintain a tight network of offspring boot camps and talent schools as recruitment apparatus.

Kpop raises a whole generation of foreign kids who will one day grow up and automatically associate a positive stimulus with the word 'Korea'. I'm not even shitting.

>never met a fan that isn't an unstable spastic mess
Believe it or not, but the highest density of Kpop/Kdrama fans are from Middle Eastern countries. Kpop appeals to those young females who grow up under complete restriction.

>trashy fakeness
That's what they are going for.
>>
>>17382491
>Kpop raises a whole generation of foreign kids who will one day grow up and automatically associate a positive stimulus with the word 'Korea'. I'm not even shitting.

In other words, it's a successful commercial-cultural export, like anime for Japan or Coca-cola for the US.
>>
>>17382491
>Kpop raises a whole generation of foreign kids who will one day grow up and automatically associate a positive stimulus with the word 'Korea'. I'm not even shitting.
In the end kpop fans get turned off korea though, there's a lot of negative sentiment amongst them. They're not so blind to how shitty it is with all the netizen comment translations out there.
>>
>>17382393
>they put insane amounts of production work in those tracks
wow they spend TWO HOURS a day on FL Studio layering presets?!
>>
I'm not impressed with K-pop so I can't relate to people who think it's awesome.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.