[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, exactly when did kawaii become a part of Japanese culture

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

So, exactly when did kawaii become a part of Japanese culture ? What were the causes of it ?
>>
>>17234827
Maybe you should google it.
>>
File: 691870482.jpg (15KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
691870482.jpg
15KB, 612x612px
Ah. Finally something I can help with. Listen up kid this is a long story. Full of people trying to jew eachother out of things and doing their best to fuck eachother over.
It all started around 1824 when a person named Hakaki Jikoma (Last names go first in Japan) started up a picture machine company. But around that time the competition was at its highest yet and full of unknowing people trying to scam eachother out of deals (still is but at a much lesser rate now).
So there he was good ol' Jikoma not knowing what to do with himself, he was still at a young age when he started this company (19 at that!). He was losing many customers to the competition. Mainly because he wasn't exactly known as you would put it. That was his biggest problem, his blenders were top notch and of the best quality. But what good is that when nobody knows about then? There he was again wondering what to do. After much thinking and a lot of drinking. He decided it would be best for him to start with making a commercial. Not any ordinary commercial mind you it was going to be much more. He hired many animators and went to hell and back getting enough loans from the bank to pay them all. It was so succesfull many, almost all companies started copying his methods. And there it all started. From a animated blender commercial. Kawaii blender was born.

His company is still running to this day and making blenders.
>pic related
Its his mascot
>>
>>17235529
what
>>
>>17234827
What board can I go and ask why westerners hate things that are cute so much?
>>
>>17238604
/pol/
>>
>>17238604
Sex and cute both sell, but children dont have money.
>>
>>17234827
Back when I was working as a male prostitute in Japan back in 1989, most of the cities have cute mascot representing the city culture or a district in a city. I don't think anime is the source of love for cute in japan
>>
1945, op
>>
>>17234827
Is this Woman Called Fujiko Mine?
>>
>>17235529
Is this the legendary blender otaku?
>>
>>17235529
take your meds anon
>>
>>17238690

You just said that line like we wouldn't make a probing into it. What is your life as a male prostitute, in japan?
>>
>>17235529
behold the legend
>>
>>17235529
I'll screencap this for generations to come
>>
File: Ouka-kai.jpg (147KB, 1283x881px) Image search: [Google]
Ouka-kai.jpg
147KB, 1283x881px
Japanese school systems adopted Western sailor suits because they thought they were cute.
>>
>>17238639
Their parents do
>>
>>17239582
No, she isn't.
>>
>>17235529
Load of bullshit
Looking up Hakaki Jikoma gives no results and reverse searching the blender just reveals that its just some clipart
I'm disappointed
>>
>>17235529
Link to blenders?

>>17250931
Very sad.
>>
>>17234827

Stop using kawaii as a noun.
>>
>>17245530
>Japanese school systems adopted Western sailor suits because they thought they were cute.

Probably true, but the actual story behind it is that an American teacher brought them to Japan to make Japanese girls more independent (feminism)
>>
>>17235529
Anon, I can't find any sources at all for what you're talking about. Also, 1824? Animated commercials? I hope that's a typo.
>>
>>17251162
The history of what you lads call "anime".
>>
>>17250931
>Its not on google so it must be fake
Listen up you unknowing fragile creature do you really think google holds all the awnsers to this world? Somethings, a lot of things go unrecorded. Well for the most part anyways. If you are looking for the man himself you'll need to search into books. The kind of those motivational ''Feel good'' books that they wrote in the time. Good luck though since they're all in japanese and I sure as hell won't be the one to translate them. Try searching for some in the 1840~1860 range.

>>17250944
Go ask around on 2chan

>>17251162
If you want sources my dear friend you'll have to find them yourself or as the above mentioned I'd reckon 2chan would be of great help. You see I'm on a much needed vacation right now and won't be bothered doing anything that doesn't consist of reading or getting drunk.
>>
>>17251070
nothing wrong with substantivizing a foreign term, anon, don't be retarded.
>>
>>17234827
what is the source of this image?
>>
>>17255084
スポンジーボッブスクエアパンツ・ザ・ムービー
>>
>>17235529
LEGENDARY BLENDER OTAKU HAS RETURNED
>>
File: kitten-praying-2.jpg (39KB, 477x720px)
kitten-praying-2.jpg
39KB, 477x720px
>>17234956

This is a worthy post, and now I'm curious what animalistic describes in this context:

>women came to be included under the term kawaii as the perception of women being animalistic was replaced with the conception of women as docile
>>
File: Dogu_Miyagi_1000_BCE_400_BCE.jpg (1MB, 1676x2718px) Image search: [Google]
Dogu_Miyagi_1000_BCE_400_BCE.jpg
1MB, 1676x2718px
>>17234827
>So, exactly when did kawaii become a part of Japanese culture ?
About 3,000 years ago.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.