[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does LoLK objectively have the best music?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9

File: Cerberus.jpg (120KB, 850x744px) Image search: [Google]
Cerberus.jpg
120KB, 850x744px
Why does LoLK objectively have the best music?
>>
>>17217638
It's an illusion. LoLK is a good mainline while it's predecessors TD and DDC were terrible, so it appears even better than it really is when compared to them.
>>
>>17217648
Yeah but DDC had a great final boss theme, up there with UFO's.
>>
>>17217648
DDC was very good ok
>>
Actually SA has the best music.
>>
>LoLK.
*UFO.
>>
>>17217638
Objectively I think Imperishable Night, Subterranean Animism and Mystic Square have the best music.
>>
>>17217638
But thats not IN anon
>>
UFO has better music, story, setting and characters

Lunarian traditional instument is heavy synth I guess
>>
>>17226087
Agreed.
>>
>>17217638
I think you misspelt mystic square there, anon
>>
File: 1450824575890.png (91KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1450824575890.png
91KB, 800x600px
>>17217648
>DDC
>terrible
>>
File: 1493589175278.jpg (397KB, 827x1223px) Image search: [Google]
1493589175278.jpg
397KB, 827x1223px
>>17226392
Dumbed down gameplay, uninspired soundtrack, cast of whohus and forgettable plot. It would be bait to claim that DDC was anything other than terrible. Pic related, it's you.
>>
I think LoLK as a whole ost is good because there aren't any songs that are just unlistenable, plus I fucking love the ZUNpets and the bass.
Even UFO and IN had their shitty tracks, but the LoLK OST as a whole is amazing.
>>
>>17226579
>dumbed down gameplay
Just because 11 and 12 were hard doesn't make 13 and 14 bad games because they were easier. ZUN appears to like moving back and forth making easier and harder games and probably with good reason. It makes his games more accessible and helps players have a variety of options to challenge themselves with instead of having to strictly choose increasing the difficulty to play something harder.

>uninspired soundtrack
I guess that's just like your opinion, man. I thought it was as good as any other of the games.

>cast of whohus
Compared to other games, what makes them less remember-able? You may want to remember that most of the early bosses are often just a loose excuse for a fight(e.g. youkai wanting to kill you, arrogant protag picks a fight, etc). Most of the time you're only actually getting into serious reasons to fight your enemies at stage 4 or 5, at least stage 3.

>forgettable plot
The only one I'll give you DESU. But it was good enough to move things along a bit.
>>
It feels so bad that ZUN will probably never return to the style and instruments used in Unknown Flower, Mesmerizing Journey. The harpsichord, the bell echoes, it all worked to well together.
>>
I think ZUN kinda fucked up with the electric guitar in the early stages of DDC. He used it PERFECTLY in NToJ, but not really that well in DDC until the very end of the game.
>>
>>17232908
>Just because 11 and 12 were hard doesn't make 13 and 14 bad games because they were easier. ZUN appears to like moving back and forth making easier and harder games and probably with good reason. It makes his games more accessible and helps players have a variety of options to challenge themselves with instead of having to strictly choose increasing the difficulty to play something harder.
Dumbed down isn't synonymous with easy. The problem with DDC is the lack of anything to make it stand out. PCB was easy as hell, but the cherrypoint gimmick made it very enjoyable, especially when scoring. DDC offered nothing new in regards to gameplay and felt like a rehash. We already have a gimmickless easy mainline game, it's called EoSD. And what comes to accesibility to new players, most discover Touhou through fan works instead of picking the games up from a convention, which often leads to searching info on where to start from the community. More often than not, new players are directed to the most approachable games (EoSD, PCB, sometimes MS) instead of the newest entry.
>I guess that's just like your opinion, man. I thought it was as good as any other of the games.
Most people don't share your opinion. Out of mainline games, DDC songs were outranked pretty heavily in the latest popularity poll.
>Compared to other games, what makes them less remember-able? You may want to remember that most of the early bosses are often just a loose excuse for a fight(e.g. youkai wanting to kill you, arrogant protag picks a fight, etc). Most of the time you're only actually getting into serious reasons to fight your enemies at stage 4 or 5, at least stage 3.
DDC has notoriously unpopular stage 4 duo. Raiko scored the worst out of all windows era extra bosses. Also, there are many "loose excuse" bosses that outranked most of the "serious" DDC characters. Cirno was beaten by only Seija, while Rumia beat the entire DDC cast. Hina and Nazrin beat Sukuna, DDC final boss. Somehow even Kogasa, an irrelevant stage 2 boss outranked the most popular DDC character by almost 10 ranks.
Popularity polls may not be a 100% accurate way to judge a characters quality, but they give a pretty good idea on who is a whohu who is not.
>>
File: 6c4142bf2dfc51d900c63f2fb094e65e.jpg (477KB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
6c4142bf2dfc51d900c63f2fb094e65e.jpg
477KB, 700x1000px
OP here sorry I meant PCB hehe oops
>>
>>17217638
Well it has the best house set, at least.
>>
>>17233265
OP specifically used Hecatia though. Also
>PCB
No.
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 198x228px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 198x228px
>17233247
Special Technique: Wall-O Text!
>>
>>17233889
Who are you quoting?
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 500x500px
>>17234436
Someone hungry for a reply
>>
>>17234478
Here you go. Did that sate your hunger?
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 1049x755px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 1049x755px
>>17234587
I.
Okay.
>>
>>17217648
Behead those that insult TD
>>
>>17235462
Your gonna have to kill me then.
>>
Mountain of Faith is just lovely music through and through, whatever you might think of the game itself. Can't really think of any real weaknesses, really captures the sense of a trek through Gensokyo wilderness, hell, the 3rd stage theme has become somewhat emblematic of the series itself somehow alongside Theme of Eastern Story.
Subterranean Animism is a great followup in the sense that the music matches the theme of the game really well, diving into the unknown underground.

I also understand that some people disliked it but I also like the more electro style ZUN went with for Ten Desires.

I can't agree with the hate for DDC's soundtrack. The electric guitar sample goes overboard a couple times, but if I had to pick a weakest soundtrack overall I'd go for IN. The first stage is phenomenal and the music picks up again towards the end of the game (including extra stage), but the midgame is just a blur of tracks that are more fast-paced than usual (fitting the theme of a rushed incident investigation at nighttime) but don't leave a lasting impression.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.