[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who has the most tragic backstory?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 30

Who has the most tragic backstory?
>>
File: 1443135086933.jpg (151KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1443135086933.jpg
151KB, 600x900px
>>
File: IMG_2470.jpg (115KB, 774x662px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2470.jpg
115KB, 774x662px
Pic related had it pretty bad
>>
>>17131680
Mokou, Junko and the Komeijis are all good contenders. Yuyuko and Byakuren had it rough as well, but they're now leading happy lives.
>>
>>17131680
OP
>>
>>17131731
>Byakuren had it rough
Byakuren was sealed for PRETENDING to be a priest, LYING to people who employed them, BETRAYING said employers and ultimately being a detriment to locals and their living conditions by aiding malicious youkai (which she was hired to exterminate).

Additionally, she broke the tenets of her and her deceased brother's faith by pursuing immortality - a pursuit achieved through forbidden means at that, despite there being perfectly acceptable (if more difficult) means of achieving the same outcome. Oh, and let's not forget her first act after being freed is to land the Palanquin Ship on top of someone's fucking grave. So tragic.

Byakushit sympathisers are either fucking retarded, or they're secondaries who never read her backstory at all.
>>
>>17131779
Are you literally in every thread?
>>
>>17131799
We both are, apparently.
>>
File: 9a6.jpg (106KB, 680x618px) Image search: [Google]
9a6.jpg
106KB, 680x618px
>>
File: 1374033037145.jpg (134KB, 500x650px) Image search: [Google]
1374033037145.jpg
134KB, 500x650px
>>17131779
Her love for both humans and youkai were real. Not every youkai needs to be exterminated. She never turned her back on humans but they punished her anyway.
>>
>>17131808
Except I actually know what I'm talking about, unlike you who offer a completely biased and, in some points, factually incorrect backstory of Byakuren. If you were in the last Buddhism thread, good for you, as I'm not bothering to rewrite tons of wall of texts.

And most importantly, I'm not part of the jaypee gang that gets irrationally angry every time Sumireko, Mamizou, Byakuren or Mokou are mentioned.
>>
It sucks to be Mokou.
>>
File: 1474295724157.jpg (407KB, 686x1596px) Image search: [Google]
1474295724157.jpg
407KB, 686x1596px
>>17131779
>>
>>17131838
Wrong. It is I who knows what I am talking about, and just to prove it I shall offer no counter-arguments to any of your claims. Instead, I will point vaguely to posters expressing similar views to yours in other, past threads, which will somehow discredit any and all of your claims concerning a character I care about.

I am a ganger.
>>
>>17131731
>>17131839
Can somebody explain to me how exactly Mokou has it bad?

All i know is that she drank the hourai elixir and now she's immortal but wants to die or some shit. And apparently Mokou's father was one of Kaguya's suitors and now they hate each other for some reason.
>>
>>17131811
If Yuuka was my wife I would make many babies with her and never cheat on her with an inanimate object.
>>
>>17131811
Yuuka's sex life is very tragic indeed. She's scaring all the boys away.
>>
>>17135201
Because moco's dad is kill becaus of Kaguya.
>>
>>17135201
She cant die. She had went berserk for 300 years, followed by being apathetic for 300 years, before stumbling into Gensokyo and now had a somewhat purpose in life now that she had been reunited with Kaguya.
>>
>>17135348
Revenge through sex.
>>
File: shorts.jpg (501KB, 1080x1440px) Image search: [Google]
shorts.jpg
501KB, 1080x1440px
>>
Junko
Parsee
Mokou
The Komeiji Sisters
Yuyuko although she seems pretty content now

>>17135201
Being a Hourai Immortal is a fate worse than death, and one a human should never have.
>>
File: 1372529981809.png (22KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1372529981809.png
22KB, 645x773px
>>17131680
Me.
>>
>>17135600
This
poor wojak had a hard life, just look at what the internet did to him
>>
>>17135675
How would a Wojak touhou be?
>>
>>17135388
>Being a Hourai Immortal is a fate worse than death, and one a human should never have.

says you, i'd take those three drinks without a shred of hesitation
>>
>>17136218
>tfw background character
>>
Reminder that a tragedy isn't just something sad happening. It's a kind of narrative where someone is undone by some fatal flaw in their character.
>>
File: Prismriver.Sisters.full.1226588.jpg (405KB, 708x590px) Image search: [Google]
Prismriver.Sisters.full.1226588.jpg
405KB, 708x590px
Their backstory is underrated.
>>
>>17136268
What does the Hourai Elixir taste like, anyway?
>>
>>17135348
That sounds gay.
>>
>>17136268
Why would you want to live forever? You know you will REALLY not be able to die, it's not like a vampire's immortality that just makes you unable to die by aging, it's total regeneration and aclimatation to every single death you experience
>>
There's nothing stopping Mokou from even integrating into modern society. Why does she want to stick in a shitty place like Gensokyo.
>>
>>17136421
i know what it does
i don't know why you and almost all human beings seem to think that at some point you'd rather not exist than exist
if i had the hourai i think i would finally be able to be truly happy being alive
>>
>>17136427
Why would Mokou, an immortal, want to integrate into a spiritually void society focused largely on transient values and materialism?

I'm not even being edgy. I'm as materialistic as the next westerner, but I don't understand why an immortal would want to bide their time among people who put no value to the everlasting.
>>
File: mokk and kagg.png (477KB, 619x750px) Image search: [Google]
mokk and kagg.png
477KB, 619x750px
>>17131839
>you can have hatesex with kaguya and eirin for a literal eternity
how is this bad anon
>>
>>17136268
are you super sure about what you are wishing for

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_immortal_who_saw_the_death_of_the_universe_first_part
>>
File: 1362163450203.jpg (159KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1362163450203.jpg
159KB, 1600x1200px
>>17136462
because modern society has much better entertainment and Mokou has all the time in the world. The conveniences of daily life are pretty amazing compared to a shitty backwater cesspool of isolated japan.
>>
>>17136485
In case you haven't noticed, conveniences mean very little to Mokou, and she doesn't seem to have a particular interest in entertainments that aren't murdering Kaguya over and over.

Bring up the abortion of her character that is her route in ULiL, and I will abort you likewise.
>>
>>17136434
You'll be really happy frozen in space once the sun eats the Earth indeed
>>
>>17136479
i know exactly what it means and i'd still go through with it in a heartbeat
>>
>>17135367
We don't even know why she became a ship ghost and what her lingering regrets are.

All we know about her comes off more funny than tragic that due to her innate murderous tendencies she keeps trying to drown Shinigami's.
>>
>>17136434
I have no interest in experiencing the death of the earth, the heat death of the universe, or drifting into a black hole and never being able to die.

>>17136427
Because the only people that can truly understand her are people with a sense of what it means to be immortal or what it means to see all of history, which is why she describes Keine as the only person who gets her and was terrified when it looked like Kaguya might go back to the moon.

>>17136492
I really hope you're not the "why is Mokou COOL now she's supposed to be an angry hothead about everything" guy
>>
>>17136479
It's not a real heat death, because the hourai are still irradiating.
>>
Being a hourai in the Touhou universe isn't a sentence to eternal misery

There are multiple different universes, and Makai still has its creator god explicitly present so it won't be facing heat death
>>
File: yuyuko.png (2MB, 1680x1150px) Image search: [Google]
yuyuko.png
2MB, 1680x1150px
> be a human girl
> have a weird power that kills anyone near you
> isolated from other people
> has to kill self to seal a fucking youkai tree
> can't be reincarnated - stuck as a ghost forever
> now has to spend eternity getting caught up in Yukari's bullshit
>>
>>17136318
Like Eirin's honey
>>
>>17137692
>"why is Mokou COOL now she's supposed to be an angry hothead about everything"
No idea where you got that from, Mokou of the modern times is more apathetic than anything. Yes, she had a crazy spell, and yes, she was full of angst as a mortal, but every portrayal of Mokou (outside of ULiL) so far has shown her to be aloof and standoffish, if not outright difficult to communicate with.

Then along comes MarySuemireko, and somehow this one immediately establishes rapport with someone so far removed from her planes of existence it shouldn't even be a crack pairing.
>>
voting byakuren, koishi, mokou.
in that order.
>>
>>17137754
Supposedly. We don't know how it will be affected in billions of years.
>>
>>17131811
it is Yuuka's present that is suffering, not her past

her past is fine! right up until the point where humans started fucking around with nature, and basically as soon as it started getting Seriously Bad and she might've gone and done some serious damage, she ended up stuck in Gensokyo, so she just kind of has to sit around as more and more nature dies horribly
>>
File: 1zwfcat.jpg (75KB, 629x714px) Image search: [Google]
1zwfcat.jpg
75KB, 629x714px
>>17139002
Mother Nature Yuuka.
>>
>>17136434
>if i had the hourai i think i would finally be able to be truly happy being alive
I actually agree with this. If I were immortal, it sounds like most, if not all, of my worries would go away and I could finally live at peace knowing​ there is so much time to do everything and experience so many things I couldn't while being mortal. People keep mentioning the death of the universe and all that but in a world where there is a shrine maiden that can literally drift out of reality and become invincible to anything and countless of magical spells and books, I would have so much time in my hands to find something similar and be able to even "cheat" the death of the universe. I could even find some kind of magic that let's me travel through different timelines and universes so even if one of them ceases to exist, I could simply drift into another. And even if I get tired of living and want a break, I could just find a spell that puts me into a coma-like state for an indefinite amount of time. Of course, I also perfectly understand someone not wanting to become immortal but in a world like Gensokyo where so much magical stuff exists, there are so many things to do and so many possibilities for someone who is immortal, I would hardly even call it a bad fate.
>>
>>17139464
It's been proven that the more time passes, the more our minds deteriorate, since we humans only live for arround 60-100 years, we don't expect heavu effects, at most, we just start having a faster perception of time (Three months feel far longer to a five-year old than to an adult in their thirties, that's a fact) and being more vulnerable to neuro-diseases, and i honestly can't even imagine just how much living forever would make it worse.
>>
File: 1330277440510.jpg (49KB, 380x304px) Image search: [Google]
1330277440510.jpg
49KB, 380x304px
>born half dead, literally
>be a dork
>be dumped by your only relative when you're still a child.
>inherit all of his work as reward.
>be a dork
>could't even complete your samurai classes.
>fight weird people every day like a tief, a knife psycho and a murderer
>be the gardener of this asshole >>17137846
>be a dork
>>
>>17139559
>>17137846

MLA style citations please
>>
>>17138440
Theres just some guy who runs around yelling about ULiL Mokou because he thinks shes supposed to be an angry hothead and he thinks Tasfro butchered her by making her act "cool" even though she's well known to be standoffish but helpful and only gets angry about Kaguya. It's a fundamental misunderstanding of her to think she's always a contentious hothead especially cobsidering IN extra so it's frustrating to read.

I thought you might be that guy since ULiL comes up every time he posts about Mokou, but clearly you aren't, so my bad.
>>
>>17131680
Considering Shinki is quite literally Satan; I'd say she's a pretty good shot. [God of the Demon Realm? Six angelic/demonic wings? Check. Lives in Pandemonium? Check. Signature attack is 'Devil's Recitation?' CHECK.
>>
File: Hello Tiny Shou.jpg (177KB, 457x876px) Image search: [Google]
Hello Tiny Shou.jpg
177KB, 457x876px
>>17131822
I want my own tiny tiger.
>>
>>17139475
what part of immortal is hard for you to understand? Is it the no aging/decay or the regenerate from anything part?
>>
>>17147886
Having a faster perception of time has literally nothing to do with our actual bodies aging as much as it's just an effect of time passing at all, it doesn't matter how healthy your brain is, you still have a faster perception of time than people younger than you. Neuro-diseases however are definetly more of a problem later because of actual aging than any sort of passage of time.
>>
>>17147971
I'm not sure if you just worded that first part badly as my initial response was going to be "are you retarded?" but reading through it a few times I think I almost understand what you are trying to argue and it is still somewhat nonsense.
time is relative and if you are comparing living 10 years to yesterday, yeah yesterday is going to seem really short, but ask any old person and you'll find that a single day can still drag on for a long time. Essentially what you said in your first sentence is really just meaningless.

as for the second part: what part of immortality is hard for you to understand?
>>
>>17148132
not happy with my own argument there so let me add on to it. A persons perception of time is does not become damaged and immutable as they experience more time, it is simply just that, they experienced more time and thus have more to compare it to. If there is ever a reason for anyone to consider something too short is likely because of the amount of time lived compared to the amount of time left, as such once they become immortal there is no need for further concern about time left and thus they have no reason to not be able to shift their perspective of time to however they will.

again, making your argument meaningless.
>>
>>17148132
>>17148203
Your assessment is half accurate, and the half that is accurate doesn't really add anything, yes the more we live the more time seems shorter, that's exactly what im talking about, yes that's exactly what i've been saying, but the part where you say it happens because we feel the need to compare it to how much time we have left is simply wrong, the reason why it happens is simply because our minds can only take so much, while being immortal, your time to live and experience new things would be infinite, your mind's capability of actually absorbing all the information and memories you would gain from each passing day would not, so even days which, in the present, feel like they drag on forever, would feel like they barely happened tomorrow, the human mind is simply not capable of processing every information the average human being gains in their lifetime, it's impossible.
>>
>>17148386
so? we are capable of forgetting old useless things and learning new more important things. I'm really not seeing how what you are arguing is detrimental or even relevant to immortality unless you are somehow trying to argue that not being able to remember every single detail of your life is the equivalent or worthy of a death sentence.

but to try and address the issue more directly:
You vastly underestimate how incredibly oversized/capable the human brain is.

The human brain can store roughly 2.5 petabytes (if you count each neural pair as a bit).
This is enough to hold over 300 years of HD video.

The thing is, the human brain IS NOT digital, it is analog, so every neural pair has about 4000 different states of storage based upon bother frequency of energy pulses, and the type of energy pulses between them AND their neighbors.

It is, more likely, that we have sufficient storage in our brain to store multiple thousands of years of memories (especially knowing that your brain "compresses" long term memory for archival).

Now lets put that all aside for a moment, lets say you some how reach that "memory" limit, does our perception of time just end? Does the clock on your computer cease working the moment your hard drive is full up to the last byte? Again what you are saying is nonsense and hilariously underestimates the human brain.
>>
>>17148571
Anon, the comparison of a human brain and a machine is considered flawled for a reason, said reason being what you've literally just stated, no human being can seriously remember 300 years of HD video, and i very much doubt any human being can remember thousands of years of memories.
And here's the thing: If you became immortal, time would feel like it's passing faster, that's a simple fact, every new experience you try would have to be compared to the gargantuan lifetime you had before it happened, until it would reach a point where it would years feel like seconds after they end, which is no way for a human to live.
>>
>>17136421
Only something without a beginning could be truly immortal, logically speaking.
>>
File: old layla.jpg (499KB, 600x670px) Image search: [Google]
old layla.jpg
499KB, 600x670px
>>17136317
Came here to post her. It's understandable that their story is overlooked, the prismrivers were never popular and layla and her actual sisters don't really count as characters, and many don't even know the four human sisters exist.

>>17131680
My vote goes for Layla. Her story is not full-despair like mokou or as tragically poetic as yuyuko, but it's the most relatable. Her father dies, her sisters leave her and go who knows where, and as the life she knew falls apart she desperatly clings to her happy memories and whatever she has left. In the end she never saw her real sisters again because she's gone too, and she dies alone except fo the illusions she created. Separation and nostalgia can be pretty awful honestly.

As for the poltergeists, they don't show real emotions and they behave erratically, we don't even know if they mourned Layla's death or what was their relationship like in the first place. They are just poor imitations of life, and even the yama pities them. I guess it's a good thing they are too dumb to realize their own situation.
>>
>>17148734
Anon, simply repeating the same line over and over again will not make it anymore true, the mere fact that by simply paying more attention to the present is enough to reorient ones perspective of time already weakens your argument, the fact that a presence or lack of certain chemicals present in the brain being able to alter that perception further ruins it.

Perception of time is so easily altered that the idea of it somehow accelerating with no possible limit is utterly ridiculous.
>>
>>17148890
>>17148734
>>17148571
>>17148386
>>17148132

The way i see it, you guys need to reach an agreement on capabilities of houraijins
>>
Kana
>>
>>17148844
What would happen if they knew their true nature ? Will they try to make a fourth poltergeist representing Layla ?
>>
Hina
Flandre
Prismriver sisters
Mokou
Tojiko
>>
>>17148844
I think there is a lot of appreciation for the Layla story in general, but it is one of those not as well known facts of the series which doesn't help unless you dig into the series.

https://youtu.be/KAsmuVA5ihc
>>
File: 6oVgUvu.png (555KB, 3300x3140px) Image search: [Google]
6oVgUvu.png
555KB, 3300x3140px
>>17131722
Wait, Jouga's husband shot down a sun, and it landed on Junko's son?
>>
>>17153657
yeah
>>
>>17153657
Then the stupid brat shoulda fucking moved.
>>
File: images.jpg (4KB, 160x120px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 160x120px
tfw your only role is to scare once some gay shrine maiden
life is hard brehs
>>
>>17131838
>the jaypee gang that gets irrationally angry every time Sumireko, Mamizou, Byakuren or Mokou are mentioned.
So that's real and not just my imagination?

>>17138440
>MarySuemireko
Is this it?
>>
>>17131779
Miko stop shitposting on /jp/, shouldn't you be leading a religious movement or something?
>>
File: excited_loli.jpg (48KB, 437x471px) Image search: [Google]
excited_loli.jpg
48KB, 437x471px
>>17131779
>land the Palanquin Ship on top of someone's fucking grave
Dude, that's metal!
>>
>>17131680
Flan
>>
File: karsdeath.jpg (121KB, 750x663px) Image search: [Google]
karsdeath.jpg
121KB, 750x663px
>>17136434
>>
File: Sariel Touhou.jpg (152KB, 665x994px) Image search: [Google]
Sariel Touhou.jpg
152KB, 665x994px
tfw fallen from grace & god
>>
>>17167090
Shizuno isn't a loli
>>
>>17136471
>mokk and kagg
Sounds like an orc duo ofsome kind.
>>
File: rape.jpg (113KB, 945x534px) Image search: [Google]
rape.jpg
113KB, 945x534px
>>17175695
Angel of Rape
>>
File: 1483638047975.png (448KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
1483638047975.png
448KB, 800x700px
>>17135388
Why doesn't Mokou just serve her guts to other people (and then have them serve their guts to others) if she doesn't want to outlive them or see them die?

Being an immortal wouldn't be so bad if she founded in a small community whom she could spend the eternity with.

Yeah, sure, thing could go very wrong and the balance would get completely fucked, but who honestly cares at that point?
Yamas, Shinigamis, Youkai Sages and Gods wouldn't be able to do shit to stop it.
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.