[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Classic Touhou

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 200px-Th12Reimu.png (78KB, 200x341px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Th12Reimu.png
78KB, 200x341px
Hey /jp/, you guys must probably get this thread twice a week, but how can I into PC98 touhou?
What should I get? From what I know and tested, Anex98 looks and sounds like shit, while T98 next actually has good video and audio reproduction but doesn't run well.
>>
Use Project Neko 2 for emulation it's much better.
Follow this guide to set everything up

https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=11117.0
>>
>>17128235
Thank you so much, anon. Sadly, just found out my computer is way too much of a potato to run this, but still, will come in handy when I get a new one.
>>
File: 1423367265933.jpg (29KB, 306x273px) Image search: [Google]
1423367265933.jpg
29KB, 306x273px
>>17128433
>can't run np2
literally how.
whatever yeah use it when you can it's the best PC-98 emulator around.
>>
>>17128443
idk it's my CPU - at least that's what I get from the clock/frame disp
single-core AMD Sempron 2.1 GHz - set it to x48 (somewhere along 115MHz) but only get ~60MHz and 4FPS
>>
>>17128545
I'm not an expert but if you ask somewhere like /emugen/ they'll be able to help.
>>
>>17128545
Try running dxdiag, it will give you your specs in greater detail. But by the ooks of it, you really aren't able to run np2; I'd honestly just say deal with anex for now, as you said you'd get a new computer later. The games are at least still playable on them and I find 4 and 5 too good to pass up.
>>
>>17128545
Lower the clock multiplier, it makes games run like shit
It was difficult setting NP2 to work properly on me where T98-Next just werked, but I got the best results.
>>
>>17128551
>>17128920
>>17128984
Thanks guys. Yeah I might make-shift with Anex (tbf probably not even taking this computer home with me at all ever again).
>>
Oh yeah, I got T98 to kinda work pretty well, actually (had lots of shit eating up CPU), but np2's still fucked. Is that plausible?
>>
>>17129087
Yeah, T98 is about as accurate as np2 as far as I know, although I was under the impression it was harder to run
>>
Holy fuck, I never wanted to buy into the "zun is a hack, a copycat" meme, but after seeing how "Phantasmagoria of Dim.Dream" is a fucking rip off of Twinkle Star Sprites, I'm totally convinced.

Holy fuck, the nerve of this kike.
>>
>>17129034
>>17129087
I have what works for me here, autistically configured with all the enhancements I could find if it can be of use to anyone: https://my.mixtape.moe/kuzdvj.zip
There's one config file per game because some have different needs (MIDI output for TH02, different clock speed for LLS, path of the games to quickly launch them, etc), just search for "H:\opt\" with a text editor and change the paths to match your setup. Move the config file to use in the base np2fmgen directory and rename it to np21nt.ini.
>>
>>17129112
can't tell if joke
>>
>>17129112
autism speaks
>>
>>17130668
>>17130671
Triggered because its true?
He fucking copied a game.
>>
>>17130755
>triggered
please return to /v/eddit
>>
>>17128443
For shitty computers T98-Next performs better
>>
>>17130801
T98 is unoptimized as fuck, even just running the main window takes half of my CPU constantly
>>
>>17130886
What are your specs? T98 was the only emulator that could run on my old laptop with an AMD E450.
>>
>>17130914
Celeron G1610 (2.6Ghz dual-core), 4GB RAM and an old Radeon HD4850 (though the GPU probably doesn't matter for this), tested on W8.1 and Linux with Wine.
T98 mostly works out of the box while NP2 requires some thinkering. I've found that NP2 in the end runs more smoothly, can maintain a constant 56.4fps framerate, doesn't lag on Sariel in HRtP, has much better sound, and much more options generally.
>>
>>17130940
If you have the guts to handle it NP2 is indisputably the best emulator. Those specs are well within working range.
>>
>>17130671
I don't need to know that about you.
>>
>>17130755
Yeah, and Overwatch copies TF2, and Call of Duty copies DOOM, etc etc.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.