[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Net Rooms

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: 1475719218286.png (1MB, 764x823px) Image search: [Google]
1475719218286.png
1MB, 764x823px
>shower
>laundry
>private rooms

WTF you can be homeless now in Japan and still live a comfy life.
>>
>>17124456
I don't get it.
>>
>>17125163
Seems as though you can stay in the room for 100 yen an hour and you have all the basic amenities, meaning you can more or less be homeless and still have a place to stay that's not under some pissy bridge
>>
So 2400 ¥ per day? 72000 per month? My rent is cheaper.
>>
>>17125213
I guess if you just sleep and shower there its ok at around 900¥ per day and 27000¥ per month.
>>
>>17125213
1600-2000 will get you a full night's sleep in some places, half that if you can get a full night's sleep in five hours.
>>
I stayed in three before

one was like (>>17124456) but felt a bit grimey

and the two others were little cubicals with enough space to lie down in a massive room, they were only little open top wooden things so the whole place stank of cigarettes and homeless people

also snoring, lots of snoring
>>
>>17124456
I wish america had $24 hotels.
>>
>>17125901
you mean flophouses?
>>
>>17125901
check out airbnbs
>>
>>17124456
seems very comfy. can you reserve a time before hand, because it would suck if you wanted to use this as a hotel for the night but they were full. Also I always wondered how the computers were set up in these things, do they use something like deep freeze to restore on reboot?
>>
>>17124456
the one I stayed in definitely wasn't this nice. It was cramped and alil miserable. only needed to be in for one night.
>>
These are fun /jp/, trust me. As long as you're careful about the dozens of snoring dudes, enormous overstay fees and extremely cramped spaces, they are fun.

They're more fun in theory than actually fun, but if you find the right one, then they are fun.
>>
>>17126136
>deep freeze
Probably this and private vlans on the switch.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5bVWzTyJ7E

>>
having spent years being homeless before, i always wished there were places like this in america. i'm not even saying that from a weeb perspective, of wishing i could live in a net-cafe, but more from the perspective that there are no inexpensive ways to live in america outside of crashing with friends (and if i wouldve been able to do that i wouldnt have been homeless).

i'm sure they have their downsides but compared to paying weekly rates for econo-lodge or whatever, which is astoundingly expensive, someone could open places like this in america and make alot of money.

i mean.. if you're smart, you don't end up sleeping in piss under a bridge anyway. but if there was some place i couldve just gotten a room and a shower at (rape-den shelters dont count) i wouldve been there every night. the computer and air-conditioning is just an added bonus!
>>
>>17139753
I'm guessing places like this would be available in Murica - but laws have been subtly crafted to prevent these types of lodgings from existing.

(((They))) want to make an example out of anyone who wants to drop out of the system. No comfy for the homeless.
>>
>>17139850

yup i very much agree. although part of me wonders if another part of it is just difference in culture. perhaps live-in net-cafes can exist in japan because the poor there are polite enough to allow it to continue existing. whereas in america a place like this might end up being drug den or filled with ... well ... you know the types i'm refering to. people not so much down on their luck as people who earned what happened to them through their own violence or criminal behavior.
>>
>>17124456
You would think they'd have a better name then Net Cafe or Net Room at this point, it's like the least eye catchy part of the deal.
>>
>>17139850
that and the country is fuck huge and having to get people to walk across a state to get to a single place that runs one of these isn't going to work.
>>
File: Untitled.png (23KB, 776x470px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
23KB, 776x470px
>>17139850
>I'm guessing places like this would be available in Murica - but laws have been subtly crafted to prevent these types of lodgings from existing
These are almost always zoning laws, and are typically the product of local NIMBY attitudes
>(((They))) want to make an example out of anyone who wants to drop out of the system. No comfy for the homeless.
Please don't use crossboard memes.

>>17140008
>you know the types i'm refering to. people not so much down on their luck as people who earned what happened to them through their own violence or criminal behavior
Having been homeless yourself, you'd probably know that a majority of homeless people tend to have some sort of mental illness.
You don't see a lot of aberrant behaviour in the homeless population because Japan never followed the Reagan-era trend of ejecting the mentally ill from asylums to save tax dollars. The go-to solution in the country for people with mental illness is still institutionalization.
https://www.oecd.org/els/health-systems/MMHC-Country-Press-Note-Japan.pdf
>>
>>17142160
>The go-to solution in the country for people with mental illness is still institutionalization.
Or, you know, murder but it would be unjustified and that's the elephant in the room for you I'm sure. Also I doubt the poster you were referring to was talking about the mentally ill and more or less talking about the welfare hogs who exist in shitty places like detroit or Jacksonville and think they don't need to work because the government can provide for them and go to crime when they need more money to avoid getting caught on the "I'm well enough to work" radar. A lot of which become homeless because not even their shitty apartment landlords want to keep them. There is also the drug addicts too who spend most of their savings on crack or being strung out on meth, and become homeless that way because they buy drugs with government money instead of housing and squat at abandon houses or the local crack house.
>>
File: 001.png (2MB, 1156x1643px) Image search: [Google]
001.png
2MB, 1156x1643px
>>17142266
Most homelessness (outside of war zones, disaster areas, etc.) can be attributed to mental illness, breakdown of the family unit and drug abuse.

I've provided previous statistics on Japan's strategy for caring for the mentally ill. Strong familial bonds keep Japanese families from breaking up or parents demanding that children move out on day one of age 18. And drug abuse is nowhere near what it is in comparable countries, even if it is getting worse:
>An epidemiologic survey conducted by the National Research Institute reveals that drug abuse in Japan is still very low compared to that in other countries and regions
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1196/annals.1316.053/full
The author of pic related lived with her parents after dropping our of high school for ten years before finally making headway on coping with her problems. She spent a majority of that time unemployed and was very likely a net liability for her parents. In some other western nations it's more likely her parents would have immediately demanded she pay rent or leave home.
The fear of public shame and stronger loyalties to family means that Nagata was given the (decade-long) chance to eventually begin corrective action so she could build a career and a life. In a certain western country she would have very likely been homeless or dead of suicide by her early 20s.

>Or, you know, murder but it would be unjustified and that's the elephant in the room for you I'm sure
Any country that resorts to killing those that can't function and turn a profit for shareholders is essentially a failed state.
>>
>>17124456
these types of places would actually be great for homeless people.

>showers and relatively cheap food
>internet access to locate jobs, housing, etc.
>place to sleep, keep your stuff, and take care of yourself

the problem IS, like many other things, japan can only have and sustain these
things because thier society and social norms put strong emphasis on not causing problems for others, putting the whole above the individual, and keeping to oneself and ones business.

as an american i could say america could not handle places like this
>>
>>17144412
>keeping to oneself and ones business
Anyone who's lived in Japan for more than a month will find out that the Japanese are nosy as fuck and will make other people's problems their own business
>>
>>17144447
ive been here for 3 months. youre talking about older people who live at home and housewives. go to tokyo osaka kyoto or anywhere else and its obvious no one gives a shit
>>
>>17144711
I've had coworkers try to get involved in my life to an extent greater than some of my family members

There are good things about japanese culture but it's dangerous to lionize it. Shame and a fear of losing face is a big part of the culture and there's absolutely a trade-off in problems. The conservatism and emphasis on "not causing problems" means that people are also unlikely to address problems where the solution requires big changes until a crisis hits.
>>
>>17144958
I wasnt lionizing anything, all i talked about was why it works in japan
>>
>>17140008
I think you hit it on the head anon.
>>
>>17124456
>>17124456
Whenever I look at the manga cafe/net rooms, etc. I always wonder about the safety of them. The last one I was in only had the one exit/entrance. No smoke alarms or whatever.... I mean even the average house has more safety than the business.
Case in point: https://youtu.be/fhsJpBdnKWk
>>
Do you guys think you could stay at one of these as a tourist to save money?
>>
>>17150747
Yes. Often the guy at the counter doesn't speak English so you may want to know a little bit of Japanese but if you're capable of filling out a form you can stay at one.
>>
>>17125213
but utilities are included in the net room
>>
>>17124456
Would this be a viable business model in the us?
>>
>>17167923
would just end up being used for drugs/prostitution
>>
>>17167923
They'd probably just wind up being shelters for the mentally ill and addicts.
>>
>>17150656
Cute channel.
>>
I could spend 18 hours a day there and it would be cheaper than the cheapest possible rent in my cunt.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.