[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Clarste stops translating FS

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 7

File: 1354490689493s.jpg (8KB, 227x250px) Image search: [Google]
1354490689493s.jpg
8KB, 227x250px
"After discussing it with people, I have decided to stop translating Forbidden Scrollery, out of deference to Yen Press. As much as I don’t want to leave people on a cliffhanger, it’s just, well, disrespectful to keep going as if nothing’s changed. Frankly, this isn’t all that different from how it used to be, when we were always months behind anyway, and I’m sure people will share Japanese spoilers if you ask nicely.

WaHH and VFiS will continue until they get licensed."

I honestly think this is a terrible decision to make before the first licensed translations come out, who knows how bad they will be and how much misinformation due to a cheap translation they will spread. Remember in their Amazon page they wrote Moe was the writer while ZUN was the author even, they clearly have no idea what Touhou is and won't care about accuracy.
Seems like we're going back to the dark times where Mokou says jelly donuts. Hopefully I'm wrong.

This is kind of a bummer after seeing how nobody gives a crap about SCoOW 3.
>>
>Remember in their Amazon page they wrote Moe was the writer while ZUN was the author
Come the fuck on, OP.
>>
Lame.
>>
File: IvhKyM1[1].jpg (178KB, 785x455px) Image search: [Google]
IvhKyM1[1].jpg
178KB, 785x455px
eat your hamburger, reimu
>>
Kappa will be changed to dwarfs
Tengu will be changed to harpys
Yokai will be changed to demons
>>
File: W4uAfAU[1].png (90KB, 255x248px) Image search: [Google]
W4uAfAU[1].png
90KB, 255x248px
>>17117938
hey Amy, it's me Jessica the demon of the eye dimension
>>
Everything about your post is bad and you should feel bad.
>>
Someone post the localized touhou names image.
I don't have it.
>>
Predictable. Clarste is a big fat faggot attention whore who would rather blog about politics and his 'headcanon' than actually do any work, and this is a convenient excuse for him to drop a project. Maybe now someone who isn't a cancerous tumblrtard will step in and translate the series without whining about it every chapter.

That said, I'm sure the Yen Press release will be perfectly readable when they catch up in ten years.
>>
>>17119420
>Clarste is a big fat faggot attention whore who would rather blog about politics and his 'headcanon' than actually do any work, and this is a convenient excuse for him to drop a project. Maybe now someone who isn't a cancerous tumblrtard will step in and translate the series without whining about it every chapter.
Pretty much.
>>
>>17119420
You have a good way with words.
>>
glad he finally responded to me but took it the wrong way
>>
>>17119420
Ohayoufag is retarded.
How surprising.
>>
>>17117938
I honestly have no problem with this
If you asked ZUN, he probably wouldn't either
>>
jewpress ruining yet another manga
>>
File: 1428465477143.png (2MB, 1323x1887px) Image search: [Google]
1428465477143.png
2MB, 1323x1887px
>>17118182
This one?
>>
Calm your tits, this in no way prevents another scanlator from adopting the project.

It also doesn't stop any of you from learning Japanese, but we all know most of /jp/ takes it too easy to actually learn moon
>>
>>17119923
Why do something productive when we can throw shit fits instead?
>>
>>17119852
Thank you, friend.
>>
>>17119938
I understand you. I wouldn't be here if I wasn't failing university.
>>
>>17119621
Fuck off Clarste, you lazy shitface
>>
>>17119420
It's nice how nobody bothered to point the obvious inconsistency of /jp/ eating the leftovers pushed off the table by someone who lives on TVTropes full-time until he stopped.

If you want something done, you have to do it yourself.
>>
>>17119420
>attention whore
Isn't dropping a translation project about the worst thing you could do for attention? Yeah it's causing a lot of buzz right now but it'll stop in a matter of days. If he was an attention whore he'd be begging for donations or some shit to continue.
>>
>>17119852
I'm not into memes. Who are Mecha Nicole, Maddie Minish, Connie Coinbeggar, Auntie Bagshor, and Bevie Rages?
>>
>>17119923
With what raws?
>>
>As much as I don’t want to leave people on a cliffhanger, it’s just, well, disrespectful to keep going as if nothing’s changed.
And it isn't disrespectful to the fanbase to stop?
Oh yeah, don't disrespect the company out to cash in on Touhou, but the the guys you're blueballing in the worst way possible? They can eat shit.
>>
>>17120623
Entitlement and cognitive dissonance make for a pretty brutal combo.

>And it isn't disrespectful to the fanbase to stop?
Disrespectful to the -fanbase-? Anon, are you even reading the words you type?
>>
Holy hell you self-entitled babies, someone does you a favour and when they decide to stop you insult them? Are you people fucking 10?
>>
>>17121621
Holy shit anon its almost like when you commit to doing something people have expectations of you
>>
>>17121637
Expectations for what? A favour someone's doing for free? Something they have the right to stop and you have zero right to demand otherwise?

This is like if someone gave you 20 bucks every day for no reason and then you insulted them when they decide to stop later on.
>>
>>17121649
>free
uhhh, he isn't doing it for free...
>>
>>17121652
uhhh, he is
>>
>>17121637
Having expectations with no backing behind it is called "entitlement", anon.
>>
>>17121663
every other tumblr post he makes is about paypal donations
>>
And here come the guys calling people out for being entitled. Yeah, how dare people get mad about a good thing that's stopped happening.
>>
>>17121701
>mad
Clear difference between people being understandably upset and there being outrage. One is born from entitlement and the other is not.

>>17121678
Haha no. I can't even find the last time he brought it up himself.
People only now (after years) deciding to give him money out of respect is completely different from him getting paid to do the work. Would be a relevant argument if it was a patreon or something, but it is not.

Are you the same person that just "asked"
>if we give you more donations by paypal will you at least feel more encouraged to translate the next chapters of FS and know what happens?
Because if so then hoo boy.
>>
>>17117805
See you in 10 years when yen press translates the latest chapter.
>>
>As much as I don’t want to leave people on a cliffhanger, it’s just, well, disrespectful to keep going as if nothing’s changed.
ZUN doesn't mind fan translations. It wouldn't be disrespectful to him at all. Nobody cares about yen press. They are only here to cash in on a popular franchise. You can tell by their very obvious mistake of putting zun as the artist on the amazon page. They don't care at all. They will sit on this title for years before they getting caught up. You're just screwing everyone else.

>>17121753
Fuck off Clarste.
>>
>>17122085
>Fuck off Clarste.
Clarste doesn't need to hide or anything, it's funny that you'd think anyone defending against such stupid and baseless accusations must be the person themselves.

Also haha implying Touhou manga is even popular.

>You can tell by their very obvious mistake of putting zun as the artist on the amazon page
You'd have to be an absolute moron to think the description on Amazon is in any way indicative of the overall project, OP.
>>
Nice try, Clarste, but none of this is because of 'entitlement', it's because you have been and continue to be an insufferable faggot who has failed to build up any good will or credibility with your readers. If you had merely done these scanlations without constantly whining, blogging, and generally making a drama of it, then you would have absolutely been able to get away with simply saying, "sorry, I won't be able to continue this series, please understand," and anyone who was mad at that really wouldn't have had a leg to stand on. But that's not the case. Even setting aside the fact that you have flaunted your lack of reasoning for dropping the series, or that you're obviously milking this for all the attention you can, people just already hated you, and now merely continue to do so with even more justification. Not because you dropped Scrollery, but because you are you.

>>17121637
Translating a manga isn't like translating an anime; there's usually no set number of chapters or end date, so it's unreasonable to expect every group or translator who picks up a series to see it through to the end. Shit happens. It can be a bummer, but as long as someone tries their best, you can't really blame them.
>>
>>17122149
>Nice try, Clarste, but none of this is because of 'entitlement', it's because you have been and continue to be an insufferable faggot who has failed to build up any good will or credibility with your readers. If you had merely done these scanlations without constantly whining, blogging, and generally making a drama of it, then you would have absolutely been able to get away with simply saying, "sorry, I won't be able to continue this series, please understand," and anyone who was mad at that really wouldn't have had a leg to stand on. But that's not the case. Even setting aside the fact that you have flaunted your lack of reasoning for dropping the series, or that you're obviously milking this for all the attention you can, people just already hated you, and now merely continue to do so with even more justification. Not because you dropped Scrollery, but because you are you.
it astounds me to what degree some people can have such a tenuous grasp on reality that they would actually think something like this
>>
The absolute nerve of this guy. He just took down the donation link from his blog in the middle of all the buzz, waited for someone to ask about it, then made a public reply basically saying 'haha that's weird, how ever did that happen, gee, guess I'd better repost my DONATION LINK haha'. Even Reimu would blush at a move like that.
>>
What I don't understand is the attitude of dropping it so the localizers can get money or recognition. If Zun truly wanted westerner's money he'd be doing parallel online releases and porting his games to Steam, simultaneously to the doujin release.

Sure, people are reading clastre stuff because it's free, but it's also because there is a clear service problem and no one likes being behind for years, especially when the discussion is up to par with the Japanese releases. Clastre move is stupid because it won't do anything since it effectively changes nothing that matters.
>>
>>17122587
>If Zun truly wanted westerner's money
Please remember that when you're talking about Touhou manga you're not just talking about ZUN, you're talking about ZUN, the artists, the editors, the original publishing company and other people involved with those projects too.
>>
>>17122502
This is the same place where every post-MoF character is "shoehorned by ZUN because he wants you to like her" and interactions are "random shipping bait".
>>
>>17117805

So when are you guys going to start learning Japanese? /djt/ is right next door, you know... we are going to help!
>>
Was Clarste the guy who would always post his translations on TVTropes or was that someone else?
>>
>>17117805
And the shitty attempt to backpedal is just as bad
>We haven’t even gotten an official press release yet. Second of all, we’re in the middle of this first (and only?) major arc of the series, and basically I’m leaving everyone on a huge cliffhanger. Which wasn’t my intention; I didn’t think about that at all, actually. So, uh, sorry. My bad. I handled this very poorly.

tl;dr I didn't realize I was showing everyone I was a fucking retard.
Then we have this dumbass going on about "people who plan on finishing this" but not mentioning who they are.

Still remember this is the same person who insists EoSD isn't canon.

This isn't recline. I think this is fell backwards out of the chair.
>>
>>17122634

Sure, but nothing much changes. Point is that piracy is always going to be the preferred channel until the service providers are actually trying to match it in terms of quality, speed and price. Only a few Japanese people understand this concept because in their own community it isn't needed since people are by default weary of pirating in Japan, so we will always get the short end of the stick.

This decision does nothing because that will not change from dropping the manga. No one will wait months for the release to catch up and other people will ssurely pick up the project. I'd understand if there was a sudden announcement that, for example, the next FS chapter would be sold digitally for something like 5 bucks and it would be released at least within a few days of the Japanese one. That would be a genuine attempt in trying to meet the expectations of the western readers. What they are actually doing is just cashing in. In fact I fully expect it to tank, Touhou fans in the west are barely into the lore and those that are won't stop following the Japanese releases out of nowhere.
>>
File: 1493093163611.png (144KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1493093163611.png
144KB, 512x512px
>>17122961

>Still remember this is the same person who insists EoSD isn't canon.

What the fuck?
>>
>>17122982
IIRC it was 'It doesn't fit in with the rest of the games' or some shit with it stuff like Patchy and Meiling threatening to eat Reimu and Marisa.

Apparently someone doesn't understand banter
>>
>>17121589
>Connie Coinbeggar,
Komachi
>>
>>17122982
Ignore him, he's twisting Clarste's words, this is how it actually went.
http://clarste.tumblr.com/post/157173329106/heyo-again-if-one-day-zun-allows-you-to-make-one

Never change, jp, never change.
>>
>>17121701
>the guys
>s
Clarste is one person.
>>
>>17123621
>I’d get rid of Embodiment of Scarlet Devil. Just… all of it. Poof.
That doesn't make it any better.
>>
>>17123791
Anon asked him what he would do if he were given the opportunity to change part of the storyline and he answered. Stop moving the goalposts.
>>
>>17122816
With what raws, faggot?

Your shitty refugee thread shouldn't even be here.
>>
>>17123823
Not that guy but that's completely retarded and would snowball into massive changes with print works too. Considering this opinion has been parroted here (someone literally implied EoSD wasn't canon in a Meiling thread recently) it's not surprising to think it's a fucking stupid stance to have.

Why are some of you guys sucking this dude's dick so hard? He's just a scanlator.
>>
>>17123954
Some parts of EoSD are no longer canon, like the Human Village being outside the Great Hakurei Barrier.
>>
>>17123963

That's called a retcon anon.
>>
>>17123954
>Considering this opinion has been parroted here
Not his/my fault if people are illiterate and can't comprehend the difference between "EoSD isn't canon" and "If I were given the opportunity, I'd remove EoSD story from the series".
>Why are some of you guys sucking this dude's dick so hard?
I'm not, anon is just illiterate and can't comprehend said difference.
>>
>>17123954
>Why are some of you guys sucking this dude's dick so hard? He's just a scanlator.
Because that's Clarste posting.
>>
>>17123954
>Why are some of you guys sucking this dude's dick so hard?
It's just Clarste.
>>
>>17123963
>like the Human Village being outside the Great Hakurei Barrier.
Where was this stated in the game? I don't recall seeing that.
>>
File: 1420577467249.jpg (244KB, 417x810px) Image search: [Google]
1420577467249.jpg
244KB, 417x810px
Hey why was my thread about this deleted?
Anyway, guy is a huge faggot and he's trying to make quick dirty money out of this situation
I'll edit the raws myself and I find someone who's willing to translate them on a shitty notepad
>>
>>17124085
if*
>>
>>17117938
Some of you people have never read an official translation since the goddamn 90's I swear. Nobody renames stuff anymore.
>>
Read up on some of Clarste's recent thoughts. What isn't disappointing to me is their decision to stop translating FS. That's a decision that's totally theirs, and Clarste's still translating WaHH and the fairies manga which is awesome!

What I don't get, though, is how in any way, shape, or form they didn't expect anyone to care that the guy translating the most popular running touhou manga into english was suddenly stopping cause of some nebulous amazon listing from Yen Press in the middle of a major plot arc. Not expecting people to care or ask to pick up where they left off, is, in fact, kind of an insult to the dedication and spirit of the western fanbase. Hearing this part from Clarste was what was pretty disappointing to me. This is coming from the perspective of a guy that was there for the massive turnout for touhou and ZUN at the panels at AX and the touhou gathering (that he also showed up for)
>>
>>17124085
>Hey why was my thread about this deleted?

Because two threads about the same thing aren't the best on a slow board, you probably made it after this one.
>>
imagine a thread with 41 /jp/ users in it, not a single one of whom can purchase FS and is capable of translating it
>>
>>17124657
I want to take it easy. Learning japanese takes too much effort and commitment.
>>
I think he's getting entirely too much of a bad rap ITT. I don't get it although the disappearing donation link is suspect. Sort of like he's fishing.
However the drama as a whole I think just blew up and he didn't expect it or knows how to handle it. It simply wouldn't be drama if some didn't start crawling out of the woodwork to slam him.

Being on tumblr, politics, stance on EoSD, whatever, I don't care. You shouldn't either.

>>17124547
I don't know if he's just being coy and is fishing. But when he first started on WaHH way back when, to hear him tell it, translating was just an amateur hobby. He never intended for his translations to become gospel.
I think he expected someone else to take over shortly or Voile to catch up. His translations were just practice, and a stopgap to get Touhou translations up to date, posted in part as a favor to the community on TVTropes.
When it was clear no one was stepping forward, it's when he started taking it more seriously.
I think he just never thought much of his skill or contribution. He always considered himself replaceable in the grand scheme, so that's why he didn't expect anyone to care that he was dropping it.
It's up to you to decide whether he's bullshitting or not.
>>
>>17124736
for a long time he had "DRAFT TRANSLATION DONUT CIRCULATE" on his translations because he considered himself a shit-grade translator releasing drafts for his buttbuddies

at some point he became the goto provider because in the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king
>>
>>17117805
Who fucking cares? Just get somebody else to do it.

If there are dozens of faggots translating shitty futa/femdom doujins, I'm pretty sure any of those idiots could be convinced to do it.
>>
>>17123621
I was wondering where this came from, what a faggot.
>>
>>17124997
>If there are dozens of faggots translating shitty futa/femdom doujin
Like two or three and it's for commission only

And please most of the books translated are faceless men rape stories.

An issue of Forbidden Scrollery just for a text translation would be about $60 from some translators who aren't shit. This isn't covering having someone do the editing.

Then you have to consider those who won't touch Commercial Non-H
>>
Pretty much every other popular comic series in the world manages to have a two-bit scanlation team on it but apparently for the serialized Touhou manga all you have is a one-man project upon whom everything hinges and apparently nobody likes.
>>
>>17125541
There aren't many touhou fans in the english community who play the games much less read all the print works. If you narrow it down further, we don't have many people who are willing to translate the manga.
>>
If this matters enough to people to have a meltdown over it, you could always learn Japanese and use your autism bux to buy it yourself.
>>
>>17122693
Point. The sheer level of mind-fucking yourself into rage this hard just surprises me every time.

>>17123963
>>17124063
Well, in EoSD the concept of the Barrier didn't even exist, so I wouldn't even say that much.

>>17124746
Yeah and people didn't listen and posted it everywhere, then got mad whenever things turned out to be inaccurate. Wowee.
>>
>>17125817
I wish I had neetbux...
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.