[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

grorious japanese memes folded over a 1000 times

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: REM OK.jpg (529KB, 868x1228px) Image search: [Google]
REM OK.jpg
529KB, 868x1228px
Why are japanese memes so organic. They're always based on something unintentionally evoking a large response, it's all so natural. I'm jealous, western memes are so forced and formulaic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzXyInKCK0g
>>
>>17071356
all memes are cancer
>>
>folded over a 1000 times
>western memes are so forced and formulaic
Thank god you already proved it yourself.
>>
They aren't so fucking obsessed with being ironic and detached like westerners
>>
>>17071356
(you)
>>
>>17071495
I'm a product of my environment.
>>
>>17071356
http://j-town.net/tokyo/column/allprefcolumn/243529.html?p=all

>受験期に眞子さまの写真を、携帯電話の待ち受け画面にしていたという男性は、「マジでショックです」と嘆きつつも,

I still don't get it. So he thought this 眞子さま proposed to him because of a news report, so he was waiting for her text during his exam?
>>
>>17071510
>>
>>17073795
He had a bit of crush on the japanese princess Mako, when she saw her enrolling in ICU he decided to go there to. Then when she announced her engagement a couple of days ago, he was "seriously shocked" but "if she's happy it's OK".
>>
File: EDhm9ej.jpg (96KB, 680x954px) Image search: [Google]
EDhm9ej.jpg
96KB, 680x954px
OEL memes are good too.
>>
>>17075476
But with stuff like this, with the person making it also posting it, you can't help but feel that it was intention all along to "go viral" or whatever.
>>
>>17075481
As far as I know the teacher comments are also fake in that one.
>>
>>17071356
>western memes are so forced and formulaic.
A result of the web 3.0 era. It wasn't always that way, back in the early-mid 2000s. But then memes became a meme and everything was ruined.
>>
>>17075481
it's #relatable
>>
>>17075491
>But then memes became a meme a
what does that even mean?
>>
>>17089069
It was no longer a simple joke.
YTPs with Zelda CDI weren't memes, just YTPs with Zelda CDI being part of the joke.
>>
>>17089069
4chan became "that place where people are edgy all the time and make memes like lolcats", people created "meme generators" to ship out macros following things they barely understood, people ran around spouting stuff they heard online in reality for internet cred. Memes weren't just in jokes anymore, they were the hip things to do. Making memes became a cultural meme. It's also like how people post the hoopdog or pasta bird images so they can whine about "the good old days" instead of posting them as mild shitposts like they originally were.

Irony was also a mistake, as people seem to be generally incapable of doing anything anymore without unironically intending to be ironic or ironically pretending to be unironically acting ironic.(e.g. making a "wch KC would u fk" thread and a "why does janny hate boats? Is it because he a cat?" thread once that one was deleted) where 'ironic' is pretty much synonymous with "retarded" nowadays.

I should note, I don't think Japan memes are any better. Their idea of memeing is jumping on a bandwagon and riding something right into the dirt. Someone does something and a million others make a million tiny edits of it and somehow that is amazing and hilarious. For example, like how that image of a guy wiping his forehead in +10°c has lots of variants, but done to the extend of how many ohayou variants there are, making new ones just to have one for any character that's popular instead of having some sort of joke behind it, like, for example, having Letty wiping her head because it's +1°c as opposed to just making a variant for every Touhou ever. Their MMD videos are like this and NND memes in general, although all that gay stuff seems to try to put an effort in, which is probably why it's lasted like a decade. The meme outfits are the worst.
>>
>>17071356
The memes that make it over here are the best of their memes, 2chan has a similar ratio of shitposters to everywhere else. We don't get the shitty, forced memes quite as often from them because the people who understand them are less likely to bring over the worst.
>>
>>17089221
>I should note, I don't think Japan memes are any better. Their idea of memeing is jumping on a bandwagon and riding something right into the dirt.
Correct, the circlejerking over there is massive.

>>17089255
Correct.
>>
Anyone that says the m word deserves a punch to the throat and has no room to complain as they seek out the next compartmentalized content to devour and destroy.
>>
>>17095917
wow rude
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.